PDA

View Full Version : "treasure trails" on women--yea or nay?

easy e
04-18-2002, 06:29 PM
I was sitting around at work (standing, actually) and quite literally contemplating my navel. For those of you not in the know, a "treasure trail" is the darker hair that starts at the navel and goes southward. It's not as obvious on women--I have a slight one. What do some of the male Dopers think (the ladies, too, I shouldn't be sexist)? Personally, I think it's quite sexy, so I'm gonna keep it. I remember some girls in high school used to shave their stomachs, so some obviously don't like it.

Ferrous
04-18-2002, 06:57 PM
I vote yea. Dead sexy.

flyboy
04-18-2002, 07:05 PM
I think I'd have to see yours to judge properly. :D Generally speaking I think it's fine, as long as it doesn't lead to a totally unkempt area.

elfkin477
04-18-2002, 07:11 PM
<looks at navel, doesn't see anything> Um, what? I've never noticed this on a woman before, not that I spend a lot of time looking at nude women, but still. Is this more common in women with darker hair?

ShibbOleth
04-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Yes. (To elfkin and the OP)

ianzin
04-18-2002, 07:22 PM
Definite yes vote! A beautiful feature, so full of promise...

Purd Werfect
04-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Yes. A thousand times Yes.

biker
04-18-2002, 07:52 PM
check out:

Link to adult website removed. biker, consider yourself warned. Surely, you read the registration agreement when you signed up last month. - Coldfire

Maragold
04-18-2002, 07:52 PM
AKA "landing strip" and "racing stripe". I especially enjoyed the brown pigment version I had while pregnant.
Go, Speed Racer! Go!

Soul Brother Number Two
04-18-2002, 07:57 PM
thems called crabladders where i come from

DoperChic
04-18-2002, 10:26 PM
My boyfriend calls his his Happy Trail. :D

As for myself, I only have a few random dark hairs that I pluck the second they start to come in.

!ceQueen
04-19-2002, 12:14 AM
I vote nay, any day. I've never yet seen it look sexy (but then again, I obviously haven't seen yours).
Besides, to me, happy trail brings thoughts of a male's pubic-hair-covered area (rhomboid, as opposed to triangular).

novacaine
04-19-2002, 02:27 AM
I have to agree with flyboy88 it's sexy as long as it doesn't lead to a totally unkept area. The last girl I was with had a very noticable happy trail which was fine until I realized that she only had it b/c she doesn't shave anything down there.

Hamadryad
04-19-2002, 08:33 AM
I only realized a couple of WEEKS ago (yes, I'm hopelessly backward) that the women in "Playboy" and that type of thing don't have 'em. I have one. I'm not going to bother shaving it. If a person to whom I'm sexually attracted is going to let a little thing like a string of belly hair turn them off, they probably don't deserve to see that little trick I do with my tongue anyhow.

:D

Phlip
04-19-2002, 08:34 AM
HELL NO!!

plnnr
04-19-2002, 08:50 AM
A light, downy line is sexy. If you can comb it, I'm not attracted.

sunacres
04-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Women's body hair is fabulous, so "absolutely" to the OP.

I also want to chime in on the issue of "totally unkempt" pubic area just enough to remind women that many men really prefer the unmodified, stubble-free, go-where-it-will beauty of your body just the way it is.

betenoir
04-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Hamadryad
I have one. I'm not going to bother shaving it. If a person to whom I'm sexually attracted is going to let a little thing like a string of belly hair turn them off, they probably don't deserve to see that little trick I do with my tongue anyhow.

Now THAT is a healthy attitude. You should write a book.

lieu
04-19-2002, 04:52 PM
It gives me a temporary limp.

(no smartass, not "makes me").

Tranquilis
04-19-2002, 05:18 PM
I generally prefer "natural", or only lightly trimmed anyway, and I think a downy stipe like that is sexy as all get out. Heavy, unkempt body hair usually turns me off, however, so I guess it depends, for me.

easy e
04-20-2002, 03:01 AM
This seems to follow a trend I've noticed before:

So many times, women are more worried about what other women will think of them then what the fellas' opinions are.

Granted it's a small sample size, and all that, but it's still something I believe.

heptapod
04-20-2002, 04:08 AM
Only if a pirate put it there and I have to peer through her navel to see the excavation site where the booty be buried.
Ahhrrrr

jackelope
04-20-2002, 04:25 AM
I'm kind of uncommitted on this (I'm a guy). I like 'em with, and I like 'em without. Go figure. By the way, the Butthole Surfers (uh, that's a rock band) have named this particular physical feature the Hairway to Steven, and did a song by that name. In college I had many discussions involving me saying, "'Hairway to Steven'; GET IT?"

And yes, guys are far more tolerant of women's bodies than the latest Revlon [or insert other corporate monster here] ad would have you think. Geez, the only woman I've been with who had a body like Kate Moss turned out to be a coke fiend.

DAVEW0071
04-20-2002, 07:19 AM
If a woman prefers not to shave, and has a slight line of hair from the navel to the pubis, I'm not going to complain. That's a slight line of hair. If it looks like a weasel fell asleep on her belly, then I'm not interested. But some downy, soft hair is rather appealing. Especially when it catches the light just so....

Cheesesteak
04-20-2002, 08:01 AM
If it's light and fine, I can deal. Dark hair in that spot, it just don't do it for me. While we're at it, no dark hair on the:
upper lip
ass
legs
underarms
knuckles
nipples <shudder>

Thank you.

tallinu
04-20-2002, 05:42 PM
Women who have a TT: Yay!

Women who don't: Yay!

Having a woman in such a position and state of undress so I can personally ascertain this: THAT's what I'm talkin' about!

Best Topics: whore bath battery ag13 lr44 ragging on nba flashing lights stacked mattresses jarts ebay bosun mate wedding march lyrics thai honorifics pierce brosnan smoking cloudberry flavor pogo christmas tan wave garrote pronounce night stand protector hup hup haaa young looking guys guava skin patio process penuts in coke hardened mucus poodle mix terrier unusual eyes reversi strategy groundhog killer grey street meaning phd teachers salary sultry man mobster cartoon jw's girlfriend bells on bobtail ring cut off circulation in finger what is number 9 coal overdose on tylenol extra strength walgreen ink cartridge refill mistic e cig walmart how to pronounce aston martin what do you call someone in the coast guard brass knuckles on hand does s video carry sound 2 dollar bill 1976 with stamp and postmark house with big yard pickles have no calories tipping hotel shuttle driver some girls are bigger than others headache and upset stomach relief what disease did jenny die from in forrest gump miss suzy had a tugboat lyrics how much does a root canal cost in michigan by the bye or by the by how often to change brita filter phrases that make you sound like you have an accent does gas go bad in a container the medallic history of the jewish people does burlington sell scrubs mixing an acid and a base quick drying oil based paint women in shirts and ties what is a ticks purpose can you eat field corn what are caps in soccer