PDA

View Full Version : Just Say No to Wendy's Frosty - Impossible?

Gangster Octopus
01-15-2003, 04:01 PM
Is it at all possible to go into a Wendy's and not at some point order a Frosty? I have tried several times, every one of them has been unsuccessful. I am wondering if this is a general human trait or if I have some sort of recessive gene that precludes me from not purchasing the creamy, chocolatey dessert.

CRorex
01-15-2003, 04:16 PM
You do know they are made with seaweed right? They use it as a thickening agent.

butter pie
01-15-2003, 04:22 PM
I don't like ice cream.

Leifsmama
01-15-2003, 04:22 PM
I've never not ordered one while at Wendy's either. Though I have ordered a frosty without ordering anything else. Does that count?

jk1245
01-15-2003, 04:34 PM
I loves me some Frosty! Though I have been able to enter and exit a Wendy's without succumbing to their chocolatey goodness, I have also made special trips solely to secure them.

ftg
01-15-2003, 04:39 PM
I don't get the Frosty. I love chocolate shakes. A Frosty is Something Else. I also don't like their burgers, etc. so I never go there.

How bad is a Frosty? They're worse than Hardy's shakes. "Um, excuse me, but why does my chocolate shake taste like coffee?"

Hello Again
01-15-2003, 04:52 PM
My favorite thing about Frosty's is that they seem to contain very little actual dairy. I'm somewhat lactose intolerant but Frosty's are no problemo.

I say hooray for carageenan. Ever since I read The Black Stallion, I've been pro-carageen seeweed (it's what they ate on the desert island to survive)

All about Carageen!
http://iol.ie/~kerry-web/carageencontent.html

TeleTronOne
01-15-2003, 04:53 PM
I never got Frosties. I'm not big on frozen dessert products in the first place, but the off-beige color always sort of put me off. What flavor are they supposed to be, anyway?

The few times I've ingested one of these concoctions the closest I've been able to figure it is that it's some combination of "cold" and "dirty frozen yogurt nozzle".

NurseCarmen
01-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Sure fire method for a Mr. Misty headache.

But da-amn, they are good.

bluetrust
01-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by CRorex
You do know they are made with seaweed right? They use it as a thickening agent.

There's nothing wrong with using seaweed. Why, I had a biology professor in college tell us that they used to use Bull semen in ice cream to keep it from freezing. Now they use kelp extract.

Technology marches on!

UncleBeer
01-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Cecil on seaweed in milkshakes (https://academicpursuits.us/classics/a3_097b.html).

A straightforward column that gets high-jacked to hell and back. And you folks thought the hi-jacks here on the boards were bad. This one is of classic proportions.

Padeye
01-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Bull! Now that's a UL worthy of Snopes. Time to do some debunking. Ice cream is supposed to freeze, that's why they call it ICE cream. What's it's not supposed to have is ice cyrstals. The butterfat content and mixing while freezing keeps them from forming.

Wiggum: Quarter Pounder with cheese? Well, I can picture the cheese,
but, uh, do they have Krusty partially gelatinated non-dairy
gum-based beverages?
Lou: Mm-hm. They call 'em, "shakes."
Eddie: Huh, shakes. You don't know what you're gettin'.

"Twenty-Two Short Films About Springfield"

Pammipoo
01-16-2003, 04:01 AM
If you go soon, Wendy's is running a fundraiser for adoption...donate $1, and get coupons for free fries, and frostys, and you can enter for a chance to win a trip to Aruba!

Act fast, supplies are limited!!
:)

Muad'Dib
01-16-2003, 04:18 AM
I usually love the frosty. But lately everytime I order one it is half melted!!!! This is unacceptable for a frosty! The thick, creamy texture is key.

*goes out to buy a frosty*

Mith
01-16-2003, 07:09 AM
i dont like them cold frozen deeezerts.

my tastes buds freeze up and i can't taste em anymore after the third bite.

Neidhart
01-16-2003, 09:00 AM
I only drink water at restaurants.

Harli
01-16-2003, 09:03 AM
You know what makes Frosty's even better???

Take them home and add some Bailey's Irish Cream to them!!!

*swoon*

I can't believe that's butter!
01-21-2003, 08:36 PM
The triple cheeseburger succeeded in distracting me this time....

Guinastasia
01-21-2003, 10:53 PM
I went to Wendy's at the food court yesterday, but I didn't buy a frosty because I'm watching my money. However, I DID get a junior bacon cheeseburger. So good.

JimSox5
01-21-2003, 10:54 PM
I can get out of there without a Frosty, but without my 2 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers and a med. Dr. Pepper? God wouldn't allow it. Without fries, of course. I like fries, but I'd rather have another sandwich instead.

Improv Geek
01-22-2003, 12:42 AM

I eat sushi too. Doesn't bother me at all.

However the idea of sushi dipped in a frosty bothers me slightly.... don't know why.

Walloon
01-22-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Hello Again
My favorite thing about Frosty's is that they seem to contain very little actual dairy. I'm somewhat lactose intolerant but Frosty's are no problemo.

Oh? Four of the first six ingredients are milk products.Milk, Sugar, Cream, Corn Syrup Solids, Whey, Non-fat Milk Solids, Cocoa, Dextrose, Guar Gum and Cellulose Gum (thickeners), Mono and Diglycerides (emulsifiers), Carrageenan (thickener), Calcium Sulfate, Disodium Phosphate (emulsifier), Artificial and Natural Flavors.

flodnak
01-22-2003, 04:20 AM
I used to dip my fries in my Frosty when I was a kid.

Or does this belong on the TMI thread?

Audrey Levins
01-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Frosties, FYI, are EXCELLENT hangover remedies...containing all of the cold, soothing, stomach-coating ingredients needed to make last night's case of Milwaukee Beast a distant memory.

And as far as whether or not it contains "dairy," I suppose it does....but only in powdered form. I find it hard to reconcile powder with any kind of Real Dairy. (I saw the lady loading up the Magic Frosty Maker, and it's a big bag of funky-colored powder.)

I don't really care what's in 'em.

Bad Hangover Go Away.

Me Not Care How.

Kamikazee
01-22-2003, 08:30 AM
I like to toss them in the freezer for about 3 hours then eat them. Reminds me of the frozen chocolate "shakes" that we used to get at the Toledo Mud Hen's games when I was a kid.

CRorex
01-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ronincyberpunk
I eat sushi too. Doesn't bother me at all.

However the idea of sushi dipped in a frosty bothers me slightly.... don't know why.

The idea of using sea weed extract to thicken your icecream it makes it taste funny. So funny in fact I almost gag at the ice cream from the ice cream soft serve machines.

It's not that hard to make your own icecream without it and have it be better tasting.

acrossthesea
01-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ftg
I don't get the Frosty. I love chocolate shakes. A Frosty is Something Else. I also don't like their burgers, etc. so I never go there.

I worked at wendy's a few years ago, and people would ask for chocolate shakes when they meant frostys. This used to annoy me quite a bit.

kniz
01-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Harli
You know what makes Frosty's even better???

Take them home and add some Bailey's Irish Cream to them!!!

*swoon*

Now, you're talking. :cool:

dougie_monty
01-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Never mind the Frosty (I like them; I've lived half a block from a Wendy's, for 15 years). I don't like their chili--loosest chili I ever tried; it's more like chili soup. :rolleyes:

raisinbread
01-22-2003, 06:41 PM
SIR!!! SIR!!! Sir in the stall next to my own.
Do you have a cite for the bull semen in ice cream??? Google failed me. That is hilarious but I want evidence so it will be even more hilarious.

raz
01-22-2003, 09:00 PM
originally posted by jinwicked
I don't like ice cream.
Me either. And a lot of people think that's weird. I will occasionally eat Cookies N' Creme, and once in a while I get a craving for one of Sonic's chocolate shakes.

amarinth
01-23-2003, 01:51 AM
You do know they are made with seaweed right? They use it as a thickening agent. My mother told me it was lard (at a very young age). I think she just didn't feel like buying them for us.

I've never been able to order and drink a fast food milkshake, ever.

Best Topics: punta meaning cardinal grammeters pet sex toys left fist chinese gold jewelry keith richards hands mrs carmody wwii trench modern american soldier flies water funny emotion scooter gearbox oil cc to grams dehydrated eggs walmart cucaracha meaning snoring doctor hub stub mailbox key replacement is it edible ti83 prices poltergeist corpses transitions eyeglasses review amazon investigation refund mole removal experience seatbelts kill section 8 complaint bonafides pronunciation brandi love racist pet panda gravity plating cobalt bombs elton john island girls eye knocked out of socket what's the purpose of underwear song that start with z why do employers ask if you receive food stamps turkish angora vs turkish van how to ship a guitar usps why does my fluorescent light buzz how to send outgoing mail from home dire straits money for nothing meaning how to pass out by yourself how long does spaghetti last can i use iodized salt for piercings water spilled on laptop keyboard keys not working is lasix bad for your kidneys asian hair vs caucasian hair how much is a heater core replacement laptop smart card readers pineapple vodka drink recipe do race horses wear shoes join the darkside we have cookies waiting for phone to ring keurig cup sizes strength does tapatio go bad pamelyn ferdin night gallery how to detect a gas leak from stove day soft contact lenses streaks of light in vision at night what does goldfish taste like do civil war cannon balls explode duh duh duh sound effect does dude mean infected elephant hair does lysol kill black mold