PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Giving head, a guy, girl, or both thing?

Asylum
02-08-2003, 01:37 AM
My girlfriend and I are having a debate about whether or not the term "giving head" refers to a blowjob, or if it is just slang for oral sex, regardless of the sex of the recipient.

We went out tonight and polled the people we were hanging out with and the result were three for blowjob, two for oral unisex. Needless to say this outcome did not satisfy the margin of error.

Therefore we are turning to the denizens of the Straight Dope to answer this pressing question.

Is giving head only a blowjob, or does it refer to cunnilingus as well?

erislover
02-08-2003, 02:18 AM
I count it as both.

Giraffe
02-08-2003, 02:20 AM
I also say both.

DMark
02-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Human head for sexual pleasure.
Regardless woman to man, man to woman, man to man or woman to woman.
I thought that was pretty obvious.

Had you guys had a few cocktails before this question was asked?

Asylum
02-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by DMark
Had you guys had a few cocktails before this question was asked? Why, yes. How'd you guess? Mind you this was before the game of "Go around the table and find euphemisms for anal sex, but it has to be in the form of a question and each question must start with the next letter of the alphabet compared to the first letter of the last question asked."

And sorry to disappoint, but that's as kinky as the evening got.

Grrr!
02-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Its absolutely both.

However the first thing that pops into my mind when I hear that is; a women giving it to a guy.

But I'm a man so go figure.

3trew
02-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Both, but I have the same thing as SHAKES.

Tinkertoy
02-08-2003, 03:08 AM
Well I always refer to both as head. However hubby insists on refering to it as lunching at the Y.

::Tinkertoy slinks away while reminding herself not to post in sex threads late at night::

Cosmopolitan
02-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Both.

Patty O'Furniture
02-08-2003, 02:41 PM
A guy performing cunnilingus on a woman is giving her head? Am I reading you all right? I've never heard of any part of a woman's anatomy referred to as a head except, uh, her actual head.

Flymaster
02-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I agree with Attrayant.

Generic = going down on
M on F = Eating out
F on M = giving head

Yorikke
02-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Flymaster
I agree with Attrayant.

Generic = going down on
M on F = Eating out
F on M = giving head

Second (or third, I guess...).

hrh

Meatros
02-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Attrayant
A guy performing cunnilingus on a woman is giving her head? Am I reading you all right? I've never heard of any part of a woman's anatomy referred to as a head except, uh, her actual head.

The way I understand it is as follows: Giving head is slang for oral sex. The "head" part of it is your head in your partner's lap. You are thus in effect, giving your partner (your) head.

I could be 100 percent wrong on this, but that's how I understand it.

RealityChuck
02-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Both. I suspect it originally just meant "blowjob," but the term later was used for both.

kanicbird
02-08-2003, 03:58 PM
I took head to mean the tip of the penis so a blow job. Perhaps it means the actual head.

Splanky
02-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Blowjob only.

CuriousCanuck
02-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Tinkertoy
Well I always refer to both as head. However hubby insists on refering to it as lunching at the Y.

::Tinkertoy slinks away while reminding herself not to post in sex threads late at night::

Too funny... :D :D :D

And I think both as well.

RickJay
02-08-2003, 04:33 PM
This thread is the first time in my life I have ever heard people use the term "giving head" to mean cunnilingus. It's always meant a blowjob here.

betenoir
02-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Meatros
The way I understand it is as follows: Giving head is slang for oral sex. The "head" part of it is your head in your partner's lap. You are thus in effect, giving your partner (your) head.

I could be 100 percent wrong on this, but that's how I understand it.

That's the way I've always seen it. I mean, if we were talking about the head of the penis, wouldn't we say the person giving a blowjob was getting head rather than giving it?

(Ok, admittedly if all these expressions had to make sense we wouldn't call it a blow job, but I think in this case...)

Qadgop the Mercotan
02-08-2003, 05:37 PM
both. I considered it such since the early 70's.

The Mermaid
02-08-2003, 05:43 PM
When the man is receiving, the giver is giving head or a blowjob.

When the woman is receiving, the giver is going down on, eating, or giving face.

I have never thought of cunnilingus as getting head.

CheapBastid
02-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Tinkertoy

::Tinkertoy slinks away while reminding herself not to post in sex threads late at night:: The correct term is a box lunch at the Y.

cherry
02-08-2003, 06:23 PM
giving head to mean both-- leaning more towards a guy
blowjob to mean both
fur pie- a girl
eating out- a girl

so i guess to me a blowjob means to me oral gender doesnt matter

giving head to mean both too but slightly towards a masculine connotation

Boyo Jim
02-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Both, no question in my mind.

Dread Pirate Jimbo
02-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Count me in the both camp.

Best Topics: casting engine blocks pretzel flavor craigslist message board amway recruiting tactics playing cards jacks stage hypnosis administrator vs coordinator stupid hot sauce holocaust food xxxrated women mlk street pronounce tycho brahe xcom mind shield behandla oil alternative computer talking playgirl dicks title insurance scam white veal expired saline kimchi pot round bale prices melungeon shovel teeth remain or remains breakfast name ideas ultimateguitar archive goo gone wood ether tire mounting funny phone greetings mini guava best clothing dye ed's dong repair emulex explosive tweak drug bc latin digital camo gray spot in vision one eye is dexatrim still on the market post nasal drip and chest congestion otc athletes foot treatments microwave ovens with stainless steel interior what is a moolie burnside board shorts comb huge cockroach in my bathroom white pepper vs black pepper taste are reading glasses bad for your eyes found my lost debit card best apples for eating out of hand how does english sound to non english speakers can i use duct tape instead of electrical who is the girl in the excedrin migraine commercial diablo 2 lod burning essence of terror how to adjust casement window that won't close mazda 3 air filter change weiser locks home depot what happens if you eat before surgery angela funovits fool us how fast can food go through you left fridge door open overnight basin wrench for kitchen faucet how much does a concrete truck weigh tree jokes one liners is pizza free after 30 minutes skin is red and hot to touch mystic river movie ending urgent care for kidney stones leon redbone diddy wah diddy 2003 honda accord sound system small caps html code how to melt feta cheese