PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carey: How'd they get rid of Kate?

Mercutio
09-04-2003, 12:42 AM
what happened to her? How was she written off? Was it on amicable terms?

Anamorphic
09-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Dunno, but I have my own Drew Carey Show question. I saw my first new episode in a long time, and I see that Mimi no longer slathers her face in make up. What happened? Was it on amicable terms?

Mercutio
09-04-2003, 12:47 AM
She had an allergic reaction to the make-up she was constantly made to wear. I guess after a while it was taking out her eyelids or something. I doubt it was amicable. Probably swelly.

Teelo
09-04-2003, 01:19 AM
The obvious reason for losing the charcter was probably that the actor who played Kate got tired, or wanted to move onto bigger and better things...

Anyways, Drew Ended up marrying Nicki and Kate at the same time, and they both did not realise Drews stupid move. Drew got the news from both girls that they loved him, so in his stupor he agreed to marry them both so he did not hurt their feelings.
In the end when they found out, they did some sort of prank on him to really freak him out...something to do with his car and running over a doll of one of them...or something.

Both were very distraught at what he did, and left him for good.

Sorry, I cant clear that up a bit. Its been a while since I've seen it.
And double sorry because I cant remember where the new girl came from either.:smack:

Madawc
09-04-2003, 01:25 AM
http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-133/epid-189085/

this is the last episode she was in. She married some guy and left town or something like that. I guess Christa Miller moved on from the Drew Carey Show to Scrubs.......

Justin_Bailey
09-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Christa Miller got pregnant (just like her character on Scrubs) and left the show to have her baby.

Fun fact, she's married to Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence.

Ranchoth
09-04-2003, 02:47 AM
Personally, I would have had her character be shot down over the Sea of Japan. It would have been fairer to the fans.

j.c.
09-04-2003, 04:22 AM
Ranchoth - I dont' see why she can't be shot down over the Sea of Japan on Scrubs. I like the way you think. Any change you'll go into TV?

Mr. Blue Sky
09-04-2003, 07:13 AM
She married a guy and moved to Guam.

Breezy
09-04-2003, 10:38 AM
So how DOES that new friend fit in?

AND,

Why did Drew decide he HAD to get married?

For a while, I wasn't getting ABC at my house, so I didn't watch the show for a couple of years. Just started again about a month ago, and we were a tad confused about what was going on.

Sorry if this is a hijack.

El Elvis Rojo
09-04-2003, 11:39 AM
See, I was highly upset over the fact that, apparently, Drew's been in love with Kate for YEARS, and when he finally marries her, it all blows up so quick. Just once I'd like to see something nice and happy happen in terms of relationships with all characters involved.

Actually, That 70s Show has done a damn good job of it. I just felt really sorry for Drew. Especially seeing as how the first time they were going to do it, he broke his penis. Man, talk about life grinding a lemon in your eye.

Revtim
09-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Mercutio
She had an allergic reaction to the make-up she was constantly made to wear. I guess after a while it was taking out her eyelids or something. The character, or the actress? Or both?

Ranchoth
09-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by j.c.
Ranchoth - I dont' see why she can't be shot down over the Sea of Japan on Scrubs. I like the way you think. Any change you'll go into TV?

It all depends on how well my "slashfic" writing career turns out. ;)

BraheSilver
09-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Does it turn out that Drew's grandmother was namned O'Rielly?

Best Topics: eunuch erection martin arriola mortgage buyout calculator comic exclamations khazad dum meaning yankee white clearance spray bottle bleach salt beer juan colorado rye bread flavor cat farts is clarinet hard buddhism pronunciation kitchen fresh chicken playskool xylophone uscis sucks whisper chippers 20cm penis jigsaw jigidi ladies and germs kendy kloepfer syriana explained 700mb cd most efficient food stray cat names jake pardee stereotypical gay names ant feet ancient booby traps female doctor erection benadryl pain relief oven fires left hand sugar addressing a phd topix incest how to throw a softball faster and harder can american citizens buy land in mexico donnie and marie incest move to portland or seattle satellite dish as tv antenna how much would a million pennies weigh buffalo box water shut off can i take allegra and claritin together how to cook heroin going exempt on paycheck diy plantar fasciitis night splint how much pee for drug test why is fascism bad 12 monkeys movie ending explained how long do track meets last do you have to vote for everything on a ballot get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape what to do with old encyclopedia books do us cell phones work in canada air purifier cat smell can i remove stitches myself chicago the movie cast found my lost debit card claritin makes me tired i killed my dog 2002 saab 9-3 convertible problems another way to say common sense not at this address return to sender car makes one click when trying to start carol burnett elephant outtake