PDA

View Full Version : After years of searching, I find Wavy Gravy™...

CheapBastid
05-25-2004, 07:02 PM
...gone (http://benjerry.com/our_products/flavor_graveyard/departed_flavors.cfm).

=(

Anyone know of another ice cream with Nutella in it?

Wile E
05-25-2004, 10:49 PM
It had Nutella in it?! I don't think I ever recall seeing that in the stores. My suggestion would be to buy a big jar of Nutella and the best vanilla ice cream you can find and make your own mix.

There sure are a lot of flavors in the graveyard. I wish they described them, I'd sure like to know what "Fudge Behaving Badly" has in it. I remember a couple of those Concession Obsession and White Russian ... mmm. But some of those sound like they are better off retired, I like Cantelope but I don't think it belongs in ice cream.

Dagnabit! Now I really want some White Russian ice cream!

TellMeI'mNotCrazy
05-25-2004, 10:50 PM
:eek:

If I had known it had Nutella in it, I'd have been all over Wavy Gravy. And now it's gone? Bastids.

Of course, I'm still pretty miffed at them for stopping with the Aloha Macademia. I could hear my arteries clogging, and it was a symphony of indulgent delight.

paperbackwriter
05-26-2004, 04:17 PM
When I was in college, one of the great, long-running, campus debates was Dastardly Mash vs. New York Super Fudge Chunk. I belonged to the smaller but passionate Dastardly Mash group. Eventually, however, New York Super Fudge Chunk prevailed. I'm still bitter about that. :( I do, however, have a picture of myself and my dog next to Dastardly Mash's gravestone at the B&J factory. :)

photopat
05-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Damn. I admit it's been quite a while since I had it but I loved Wavy Gravy. Seeing this thread title got me craving it. :( Oh well, maybe one of the stores around here has a few pints still in stock.

Moirai
05-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Oh, you mean the ice cream.

There used to be an insane guy who called himself Wavy Gravy who rollerskated around Venice Beach.

Carry on...

PS- there is nothing that tops HD Vanilla Swiss Almond- simple, elegant, ahhhh...

Skywatcher
05-26-2004, 06:08 PM
:eek:

If I had known it had Nutella in it, I'd have been all over Wavy Gravy. And now it's gone? Bastids.

Of course, I'm still pretty miffed at them for stopping with the Aloha Macademia. I could hear my arteries clogging, and it was a symphony of indulgent delight.Ask Ben & Jerry's to bring them back (http://benjerry.com/our_company/contact_us/forms/resurrect_flavor_form.cfm).

Mrs Milburn Drysdale
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
I had no idea it had Nutella ("Kobe's favorite!") in it. I, too, would have chowed it down years ago. I tend to avoid ice creams with "gravy" in the title. You can get Nutella at Trader Joe's - I would just make my own (hmm - had never thought of that before, too.)

BiblioCat
05-26-2004, 07:52 PM
You could just buy a jar of Nutella and eat it with a spoon like normal people do.

What?

TellMeI'mNotCrazy
05-26-2004, 08:43 PM
OK, when I gain ten pounds from eating premium ice cream with nutella blended in, I'm gonna blame someone in this thread...

Oh, and Jeff, believe me, that's the first thing I did after following the link. Now we wait and see. It could be a movement.
I wanna scoooop. I mean... I wanna scooop! Scoooop! SCOOOOP!

We all walk into the freezer section and say...

You can get anything you want, at Ben & Jerry's... 'Ceptin Wavy Gravy.

You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they won't give him any ice cream. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both suffering brain freeze, and they won't give ice cream to either of them. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin a bar of Ben & Jerry's and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Ben & Jerry's and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

whiterabbit
05-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Nutella? Aw, man! I didn't know that!

I never thought of putting it on ice cream, or of it being in ice cream. What a perfectly brilliant idea. I'll have to try it.

Wile E
05-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Nutella? Aw, man! I didn't know that!

I never thought of putting it on ice cream, or of it being in ice cream. What a perfectly brilliant idea. I'll have to try it.

Never thought of it? Heck whenever I have nutella I look around my house for anything I can put it on or in. Plain bread, muffins, waffles, pancakes, french toast (stuffed french toast with the nutella inside) cookies, assorted fruits, mixed with yogurt, cool whip and of course ice cream. Yeah, I tried it that way before I saw this thread, I never knew Wavy Gravy had it in there or I would have bought it.

I've even tried it in beverages; coffee, hot chocolate. If given time I could come up with a nice cocktail.

and if that isn't enough Nutella ideas for you, look here. (http://nutellausa.com/recipes.htm) I have a pie recipe I need to try.

And TellMeI'mNotCrazy don't blame me if you don't have any self control. :p

Psst, get the large jar of Nutella.

tadc
05-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Costco used to carry the two-huge-jars-shrink-wrapped-together package of Nutella. Sad that they don't anymore... It's awefully expensive in the regular jars.

RTA
05-26-2004, 10:28 PM
There used to be an insane guy who called himself Wavy Gravy who rollerskated around Venice Beach.

Was it really Wavy Gravy, or just some poseur who called himself Wavy Gravy?

WavyGravy.net

NicePete
05-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Was it really Wavy Gravy, or just some poseur who called himself Wavy Gravy?

WavyGravy.net

I met the real Wavy back in 1984. Quite a guy.

NOBODY FOR PRESIDENT!

CheapBastid
05-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Ask Ben & Jerry's to bring them back (http://benjerry.com/our_company/contact_us/forms/resurrect_flavor_form.cfm).I did just that. I also suggested a new flavor (http://benjerry.com/our_company/contact_us/forms/suggestion_intro.cfm) with Coffee Ice Cream, hazelnuts, and a Nutella swirl.

ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies
05-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Doh...was racing to the bottom of the thread to see if I'd be the first to cite the authentic WG.

Being from Humboldt, he is a regional celebrity.

Sharky
05-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Merry Pranksters . . . hehehe :cool:

RTA
05-28-2004, 08:37 AM
I met him too, at a Dr. John concert in 1988? (some dates are hazy!)

CheapBastid
05-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Doh...was racing to the bottom of the thread to see if I'd be the first to cite the authentic WG.

Being from Humboldt, he is a regional celebrity.FYI the flavor was named after him, and I think had a pic of him on it as well.

AveDementia
05-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Just saw a hazelnut ice cream at the store. It's Blue Bunny brand, called either Hudson River Rapids (I think it was Hudson, might have been another river). I can't find it on the internet- something screwy is going on with Google.

It's not Wavy Gravy, but it might help.

Heh. Did you know he had a book out? From years ago now. It's kind of autobiographical, about his work and the kids camp he runs, etc. Seems like a nice guy, very down to earth.

whiterabbit
05-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Never thought of it?

No...I tend to just grab a spoon and dig into the jar. This is why I am not eating it until I have my own place again, so I am not caught doing this.

Oink oink.

Best Topics: scrubs quotes capital cursive j artichoke taste dog eyebrow markings guitar border is maltomeal healthy 9 coal gif speed up canon 20d charger dick etymology spike happy days very inspiring jingleheimer schmidt circular escalator pato in spanish childish names spam origin will shampoo freeze under consideration definition can doxycycline expire mouse breathing underwater talented means mailing check hydrocodone expiration best limericks fargin iceholes bleach gas ghost rider meaning crackers and butter buy cyanide zucchini peel refusing certified mail thumb my nose chess com cheating jarts lawn darts for sale what does kale taste like? computer connected to tv cuts off edges margot kidder family guy mlb tv condensed game no power boats ahead sign allergies bad at night wall clocks no ticking sound how to stop hair from parting in the middle how to get rid of a totaled car payton manning hotel commercial grosser then gross jokes send money on paypal without account real friends help you hide the body distinguished conflagration award of the american society of muleskinners what are milk duds made of definity hp 100 reviews how much money is in a band of 100s do k and n filters work alpha blockers for anxiety subjects to write a song about does musicians friend charge tax does safelite use oem glass snorkeling with air hose dog congestive heart failure when to put down ramen noodle nutrition facts without seasoning does vpn track my internet can americans be knighted electric motor armature brushes excessive sparking how long will a subway sandwich last in the fridge do iron pills make you sick why do i get diarrhea after i eat greasy foods how fast does something have to move to be invisible