PDA

View Full Version : What is worse-vomitting or diarrhea? (Probably TMI)

Guinastasia
06-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Gross, but it just popped into my head the other day-what do you consider to be worse-throwing up, or having the poops?

I vote for diarrhea. At least with puking, yeah, it sucks, but you gag, heave and then you get a break, usually. With diarrhea, sometimes it lasts for about an hour and you also feel like you're gonna puke at the same time.

Mr. Blue Sky
06-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I vote vomiting.

At least with diarhhea you get to sit down, maybe read if it's not too painful.

misstee
06-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Well, I really, really hate to puke.

GorillaMan
06-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Definately vomiting. I have diarrhea frequently, due to medical problems. If I had to taste puke three times a week, I'd kill myself.

Dangerosa
06-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Both from both ends. You know you are ill when you vomit, and the force of the vomit causes the other end to start running.

Uvula Donor
06-28-2004, 10:20 PM
I hate to vomit. I really, really hate to vomit, to the point where when I feel sick, I try to put off puking as long as I possibly can. Also, the discomfort caused by puke coming through my nose and getting lodged up behind my soft palate...yurrgh.

Diarrhea is no more comfortable, mind you - a bad case will make me feel like someone has turned my bunghole inside out with a buttonhook - but at least each episode is over fairly quickly.

Also: (TMI)
And at just the right consistency and exit pressure, sometimes diarrhea will leave an interesting star-shaped smudge pattern on the porcelain with which to amuse and disgust your rommies, SOs, etc. ("Hey! C'mere check out this shitstar I just left in the bottom of the toilet!")

vivalostwages
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Vomiting is worse. It corrodes the esophagus, makes the throat sore, your eyes and nose run at the same time you're barfing, and it makes your muscles hurt as well.

At least diarrhea doesn't spread the pain quite like that.

Mbossa
06-28-2004, 10:35 PM
These days, I only vomit as a response to excessive alchohol consumption. If I vomit when I'm drunk, it's great - I hardly feel a thing, and I don't have (much of) a hangover the next morning. If I vomit the next day, it's not so great - stomach acid doesn't really taste that nice, especially when you're already hungover. But in either case, I vomit once or twice and then I'm done.

Diarrhoea, on the other hand, tends not to go away after one...err...evacuation. It usually lasts for days - even weeks. For this reason, I consider diarrhoea worse. A single instance of diarrhoea is not as bad as puking, but the culumative effect is worse.

One thing that I really hate is getting an extreme case of diarrhoea that causes me to burp gas that tastes like rotten eggs. :shudder:

Qwertyasdfg
06-28-2004, 10:35 PM
TMI: Once, when hung over, I had diarrhea that smelled so bad it made me throw up while I was sitting on the toilet.

I hate throwing up more 'cause even when everything's gone sometimes you're body gives you the awful dry heaves, where you get pain but no release. Plus there's the awful feeling before you throw up, and the taste.

Dignan
06-28-2004, 10:43 PM
My vote is for diarrhea being the worst. I'm not sure why. I guess it's because it is the worst of the two in my opinion as far as the clean up goes.

Jon Stewart was talking to someone on TDS (Paul Rudd?) and the guest was telling a story about the time he had diarrhea and was throwing up. Since the guest had both, he had to make a choice about which one would end up in the toilet. Stewart pointed out that if you have to choose one or the other to clean up, clean up the puke, because diarrhea is "like lava."

CanvasShoes
06-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Definitely vomiting. IME it's always accompanied by a LOT of pain, and usually happens unexpectedly in the middle of the night.

Diarhea on the other hand (again, IME), seems to be over in a just a few "incidents" and has much less pain involved.

Luckily, except for the 3 or 4 times a year I get middle of the night gastro-intestinal attacks, I seem to have a pretty ironclad system.

CanvasShoes
06-28-2004, 11:09 PM
My vote is for diarrhea being the worst. I'm not sure why. I guess it's because it is the worst of the two in my opinion as far as the clean up goes.

Jon Stewart was talking to someone on TDS (Paul Rudd?) and the guest was telling a story about the time he had diarrhea and was throwing up. Since the guest had both, he had to make a choice about which one would end up in the toilet. Stewart pointed out that if you have to choose one or the other to clean up, clean up the puke, because diarrhea is "like lava."
Oh ugggh, if you're sick to the point where you've got both going on, you just need to get in the shower and stand in cool water until it's all over.

porcupine
06-28-2004, 11:16 PM
For me, vomiting is worse, because 99% of the time it's associated with a horrible migraine, and typically means the headache is so out of control it's time for a trip to the ER. Plain old vomiting without the migraine is no big deal, though, so in that case the runs is worse.

And on the rare occasions where I've got both, sit on the john and puke in the bathroom garbage can.

elfkin477
06-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Definately vomiting. I have diarrhea frequently, due to medical problems. If I had to taste puke three times a week, I'd kill myself.

Ditto. If I threw up as often as I got the runs, I'd have no teeth or esophagus left. At least diarrhea doesn't take it's toll on innocent by-standers.Figuratively! Literally would be very gross, and the subject of an MTV reality show.

Wile E
06-28-2004, 11:27 PM
I didn't realize there were so many others who felt the same way I do about puking. If I am feeling nauseas I will lay very still so as not to set anything off. It is a much worse feeling because it usually goes out your nose, too, and it burns and once you start you just keep going. You want to drink something to stop the burning from all the acid in your mouth and throat but if anything hits your stomach right away it just comes back up. You start feeling better and you eat some jello or drink some ginger ale and you find that as mild as that stuff may be going down it's torture coming back up.

Diarrhea can be bad, especially if unexpected and sudden, but still it's usually only that one exit and it doesn't burn as much. Even if it comes with bad intestinal cramps it's stil not as uncomfortable and lasting a pain as stomach acid in the nasal cavities.

Oh and if you have both going on you sit on the toilet and lean over the sink, tub or wastebasket (whichever is most convenient).

Revtim
06-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Another vote for vomiting being worse. I get the shits occasionally, so maybe I'm just used to that more, but I vomiting more painful and wrong. At least diarrhea is moving in the correct direction!

Shirley Ujest
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Neither. It's the constipation that nearly kills me.

Regularity is your friend.

Rhiannon8404
06-29-2004, 12:39 AM
TMI: Once, when hung over, I had diarrhea that smelled so bad it made me throw up while I was sitting on the toilet.
That happened to me once. The worst of both worlds.

I'd much rather puke than have diarrhea.

Incubus
06-29-2004, 12:45 AM
I really hate the sensation of nausea. While both 'attacks' can sometimes come without warning, most diarrhea incidents did not have any discomfort leading up to evacuation.

Puking, on the other hand, can culminate from HOURS of nausea. There was one time when I was really sick and extremely nauseous. My dad offered me some pills to help, but I didn't want to think about putting ANYTHING in my mouth at the moment. I tried to concentrate on relaxing, and not think of anything that will make me any more nauseated. I walked past the kitchen table and spotted the two pills, and the only thing I could think of was...

...that disgusting, chalky bitter taste when you 'accidentally' taste a pill. It was unfortunately so vivid in my mind I had to dash across the kitchen and throw up in the sink! :eek:

Darkness
06-29-2004, 01:51 AM
Throwing up is worse for me. Mainly because I have to taste it. I'd rather not have either, but if I had to choose, I'd choose diarrhea.
And like Mr. Blue Sky said, atleast you get to sit.

akennett
06-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Vomiting is far worse. Except for the most serious bouts of diarrhea, a single dose of "the pink stuff" immediately cures me of the need to remain within 10 feet of a bathroom. Vomiting? Well, there's really nothing I can do to stop that one.

Kel Varnsen - Latex Division
06-29-2004, 02:10 AM
The plus side to vomitting though is when you vomit you feel so much better after you vomit for a short time. You don't get this with diarrhea. The last time I had the flu I would vomit and have a short post-vomit misery then 10-15 of feeeling great before I started to feel sick again. Diarrhea never really makes you feel better.

CrazyCatLady
06-29-2004, 02:55 AM
If we're talking mild versions, then the puking's probably a bit worse. But I'd a thousand times rather have a truly bad bout of vomiting than a truly bad bout of diarrhea. The vomiting makes me think I'm going to die, but the stomach cramps that come with bad diarrhea make me wish I was dead.

mamakat
06-29-2004, 02:57 AM
I have kind of a phobia of vomiting. I would do just about anything not to throw up. I made it through my first pregnancy of extreme morning sickness only throwing up twice because of my fear of vomiting. If I do puke, I have to have someone there to rub my back and talk me through it. (not pleasant for that person). I have kind of a mini panic attack if I feel nauseated. Maybe it's just because I have a messed up stomach, but to me diarreah is not that big a deal. (unless you're in a public restroom. Ick!!) :o

Mauvaise
06-29-2004, 11:19 AM
I have kind of a phobia of vomiting. I would do just about anything not to throw up. I made it through my first pregnancy of extreme morning sickness only throwing up twice because of my fear of vomiting. If I do puke, I have to have someone there to rub my back and talk me through it. (not pleasant for that person). I have kind of a mini panic attack if I feel nauseated. Maybe it's just because I have a messed up stomach, but to me diarreah is not that big a deal. (unless you're in a public restroom. Ick!!) :o

I thought I was the only one with this phobia! I also get a slight panic attack at the first sign of nausea. I even make sure I always keep some prescription anti-nausea/vomitting meds on hand just in case I can't "talk" myself out of feeling (or being) sick.

Another vote for vomitting being the worse - I'd do just about anything to never throw up again.

stargazer
06-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm an emetophobe (http://emetophobia.com), too, Mauvaise and mamakat. I'll take diarrhea over throwing up any day. Having the runs is just not that big a deal to me, but vomiting is practically a fate worse than death.

overlyverbose
06-29-2004, 04:17 PM
I'd much rather throw up than have the runs. I used to be on a medication that would have me vomiting and having diarrhea, often at the same time (which is why I always had a bucket next to the toilet - yeah, it's gross, but, hey, so's this thread), for about 3-4 hours several days a week. It was awful, but I always preferred throwing up because it usually took a lot less time and involved far less cramping than getting the runs. Plus, I got immediate relief.

BiblioCat
06-29-2004, 04:30 PM
For me, vomiting is worse, because 99% of the time it's associated with a horrible migraine, and typically means the headache is so out of control it's time for a trip to the ER.
Exactly. When I barf with a migraine, it's usually in the morning (I tend to wake up with migaines), and I have nothing in my stomach. I don't have dry heaves, though, I barf up stomach acid and whatever others fluids are in there. Thick, slimy, ropey, yellow stuff. It gets caught in my throat, half-way out and is just awful. I gag on it and barf even more.
And just the act of throwing up while your head is pounding is horrible. It makes the pain even worse.

And I have a cast-iron stomach, so I almost never get the runs.

Sangre Azul
06-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Normally, I'd say vomiting is worse, but it depends if I'm well enough to get to a toilet. If I'm in bed, I can vomit in a trashcan, but can't do much about the other side.

One of the most embarrassing experiences of my life was being horribly ill at age 16 and having it come out simultaneously from both ends while confined to a bed. My mom's a saint for cleaning up after *that* series of episodes.

The 27th Evil
06-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Vomiting is pure evil. That sweet-salty-rancid taste in the back of your throat when you're about to puke is just unbearable. And then the taste is in your mouth. Ughhhhh.... :(

This is the main reason I'm never without a toothbrush and toothpaste, no matter where I am.

Miller
06-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Definetly, definetly, definetly puking. Diarrhea is no big deal, so long as you can get to a toilet. But when I puke, my body pulls out all the stops. It's a full body experience, and even if my stomach is totally empty, I keep on going for at least a half dozen dry heaves or so. Usually more. When I'm done, every muscle in my body hurts, and I can barely pull myself off the bathroom floor. I'm also audible to anyone with in a three mile radius. And I almost never feel better right after I puke.

Naw, having the shits is a walk in the park compared to puking.

monstro
06-29-2004, 06:13 PM
It depends.

If I'm at home, vomitting is worse because of the nausea and that horrible "locking" thing that happens to your chest and mouth when the vomit is coming. I get real weak right after I vomit, which means that I move slower and slower to the toliet with each frup episode.

If I'm heading down the expressway in the middle of nowhere? Diarrhea is worse. Besides the horrible cramping (I agree 100% with CrazyCatLady about wishing for death), it is much more humiliating. Imagine having to squat on the side of the road because the nearest toliet is ten miles away. Everyone passing by would laugh at you. And what do you use for toliet paper?

I think stomach cramping is worse than nausea, too.

FilmGeek
06-29-2004, 06:32 PM
I have moderate to severe diarrhea five to six times a week.

I'd say puking is worse... but I guess I'm just used to it.

Kid_A
06-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Diarrhea. As an engineer in university, I've found you grow used to the vomitting.

SCSimmons
06-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Speaking as someone who once had to clean up after someone who had this issue, I'd just like to say,

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, GET THE DIARRHEA IN THE TOILET!!

OK, I feel better now.

Kilvert's Pagan
06-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Puking is worse because I'd rather the backsplash hit my ass than my face :eek:

(I puked for the first time in 20 years a few months ago. I think I was out of practice :p )

vix
06-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm with mamakat, Mauvaise and stargazer. I find it utterly astounding that some people would rather vomit than have diarrhea.

Guinastasia
06-29-2004, 11:53 PM
See, it's weird, because I too once had an extremely tense fear of vomitting-when I was 11. It got so bad that for a few months, I would hardly sleep at night and would drink huge amounts of water just to make myself belch. THEN, I'd be so afraid of puking that I'd have a nervous stomach, which would just make me MORE afraid, and it became a really viscious cyle.

That's not to say that I like puking-I hate it. But I RARELY, if ever, have to throw up-when it comes, it's awful, of course. The smell, the taste, the burning, the pain, the gagging-awful.

But since I get bad diarrhea more often (although not OFTEN if, you know what I mean, only relative to barfing), I'd rather at least puke and get it over with.

Like others have said:

The plus side to vomitting though is when you vomit you feel so much better after you vomit for a short time. You don't get this with diarrhea. The last time I had the flu I would vomit and have a short post-vomit misery then 10-15 of feeeling great before I started to feel sick again. Diarrhea never really makes you feel better.

If we're talking mild versions, then the puking's probably a bit worse. But I'd a thousand times rather have a truly bad bout of vomiting than a truly bad bout of diarrhea. The vomiting makes me think I'm going to die, but the stomach cramps that come with bad diarrhea make me wish I was dead.

If it's mild diarrhea, no contest-I'd rather have that. But if we're talking the full blown kind, I have to go with what ends faster

The diarrhea hurts less, but lasts longer. Puking hurts more, but it's quicker.

Plus:

I learned that if I drank a lot of Pepsi before hand, the puke tastes less like stomach acid and more like pepsi. Which trust me, WAS a plus

Paladud
06-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Vomiting is much worse for me. I'm usually at my computer five yards away from the toilet (and had a decade of various digestive troubles of which diarrhea has been the least) so diarrhea doesn't do much beyond annoying me.

I vomit very rarely, thankfully, but when I do, it (and the subsequent dry heaves) tends to last upwards of half an hour. I'd be hard-pressed to find something more unpleasant.

ruadh
06-30-2004, 02:58 PM
I don't really mind vomiting that much. Not that I'd do it for kicks, but I don't find it a deeply unpleasant experience. What's much worse is when you feel like you have to vomit, but you can't.

I always feel much worse after having diarrhea.

06-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Diarrhea is a modification of normal function.
Vomiting is a reversal of the way things normally work.

To the exclusion of Ring of Fire style explosive liquid chits, I'd say vomitting is worse.

Revtim
06-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Of course, vomitting diarrhea is the worst of all.....

lieu
07-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Considering the fact there's no taste buds in my butthole, I'll pick diarrhea over vomit any ol' day. Plus, it would take one hell of a diarrhea to throw out your back or swell up your eppiglottis, two additional maladies I endured last week after throwing up company cafeteria food at 2, 4 and 6:00 am.

Man, I freakin' hate to puke, especially if it involves doing so while staring at diarrhea. Ugh!

Cervaise
07-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Haven't read the thread yet, so really quick: Diarrhea is much much worse. Any hooker worth the ten bucks will puke on you pretty much on cue. Finding one with the squirts is extremely rare, which is why they cost so much.

óreads threadó

Oh.

The Asbestos Mango
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
OK, I'm in the third day of some weird GI thing (thankfully, I seem to be on the mend) and the other night, I was up all night having it coming out both ends, fortunately not simultaneously, and I gotta say, puking is worse.

Puking, the can't keep anything, even water down kind, is painful and frightening. Diarrhea is incredibly unpleasant, but at least it doesn't hurt, and I think the preliminary cramps are nowhere near as bad as the nausea that precedes vomiting. And you can't sit and read Dilbert books while you're puking.

Also, if you're taking in fluids, with diarrhea, you at least stand a chance of getting more fluids into your body than are going out the other end, avoiding dehydration. With vomiting, forget it. Water goes in, water comes back out unabsorbed.

Guinastasia
07-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I disagree-diarrhea DOES hurt. It burns (I once had it so bad that peeing was excruciatingly painful!), my stomach cramps are hideous, and it lasts so much longer.

I don't know, but I always feel much much worse after diarrhea. I usually feel a bit better after puking.

The world's most deadliest...
07-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Vomiting is much better than the runs. I mostly say this because I have had a nervous stomach my whole life and was nauseated every morning from 7th - 12th grade. You get so you puke just so you quit feeling nauseated. In that sense, the act of vomiting has been a friend to me.

Also, vomiting is (slightly) more socially acceptable than diarrhea. I think of the time I got slipped something in my drink at an out of town bar and ended up violently barfing every ten minutes for the next 4 hours. Of course everything after Round 3 was more painful dry heaves, but I digress.

Looking back, the situation would have been MUCH worse if, instead of compulsive vomiting, I instead was shooting liquid poo out my behind every ten minutes with no control. You can stop a car and puke out the door. You can't handle a case of diarrhea on the side of the road. Or at least, you shouldn't try.

Also, the stomach cramps that come with diarrhea are the worst pain in the world. Ever.

SlickRoenick
07-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I'd much rather have the runs that vomit. It's like i'm getting a good colon cleansing without pills from GNC.

SlickRoenick
07-01-2004, 08:49 PM
I'd much rather have the runs that vomit. It's like i'm getting a good colon cleansing without pills from GNC.

Before someone takes this the wrong way, i meant to say ". . . the runs than vomit."

Abbie Carmichael
07-01-2004, 08:58 PM
I'd rather throw up any day. Unless you've got morning sickness or something, the misery is over about a half hour after you throw up. Diarrhea can last a long time and leave you with pain that lasts for days in the form of a raw behind.

Mr. Blue Sky
07-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Before someone takes this the wrong way, i meant to say ". . . the runs than vomit."

There's a right way to take this?

:D

lieu
07-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Another consideration that paints vomit as being the most insideous is the existance of sympathy puking in which you'll have to hurl simply because you heard, saw or smelt someone else doing so.

Yet vile as it might have been, never has the proximity to someone else's diarrhea ever made me have to squirt.

lieu
07-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Come to think of it, man, how much would that suck? Several people walk into a public bathroom, see diarrhea in a toilet and all of a sudden they're all ripping off their trousers and shooting liquid feces all over the place.

No thanks.

Dung Beetle
07-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm torn here, and also a bit prejudiced because I'm having diarrhea TODAY...

so I'll have to think on this a bit, but I will say that no one expects much of you when you're heaving your guts, but when you have stomach cramps and killer gas, you can still man the telephones at work, right?

Ugh...gotta go. :(

WaterFlows
08-12-2013, 12:39 AM
In my opinion I do not like to throw up at anytime of the day. When you throw up what you have eaten is really bad cause what if it is spicy food that you ate and now you are throwing it back up, Not very good position to be in. So I rather go for Diarrhea any day than throwing up.

I usually threw up in the morning before I even went to school and had to stay home some days, not very good to be in this position cause the throw tasted like very sour lemons and oranges which I really hated the taste afterwards.

I know it is too much information, yet it is my opinion?

Trinopus
08-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Zombies are worse than either...

I can't vote rationally, having personal emetophobia. The very word "vomit" makes me shudder. I haven't heaved since 1974, and want to keep it that way.

I've heard afficionados of the barf discussing "hang time" and "chunkage."

Tales of the Adelphian Lodge...

Martian Bigfoot
08-12-2013, 01:19 AM
As far as digestion is concerned (recreation is another matter entirely), things are supposed to go in the in-hole, and out the out-hole. As long as that cosmic principle is maintained, I'm good, even if it does last for days and leaves me with a literal pain in the ass. Things coming out the in-hole is... just very wrong.

Siam Sam
08-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Worst of all is blowing out both ends at once. You've not really been to Thailand until this has happened to you.

As for one one the other, I'd pick diarrhea over vomiting any day of the week. If you're vomiting, you're nauseous, and I hate that feeling.

Little Nemo
08-12-2013, 01:59 AM
No contest. Vomiting is definitely worse than diarrhea. At least with diarrhea, everything is heading in the right direction.

Siam Sam
08-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Worst of all is blowing out both ends at once. You've not really been to Thailand until this has happened to you.

As for one one the other, I'd pick diarrhea over vomiting any day of the week. If you're vomiting, you're nauseous, and I hate that feeling.

Just to be clear, I meant I'd pick diarrhea to have, not pick it as the worst. Vomiting is definitely the worst.

aruvqan
08-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Vomiting is the worst.

The non-morning sick version. The laying gently without moving so you don't make it worse, the seep of the funky tasting saliva, that feeling of 'oh shit, can I make it to the bathroom or should I use the bucket ...'

When I was doing chemo we moved a 3 gallon stock pot into the bedroom. Oddly enough, it is still in the bedroom - we use it as a waste can, it is easy enough to dump out the collection of tissues and torn up junk mail if there is a sudden need for a bucket. Stainless steel, so it is easy to dump and wash out.

I would much rather spend quality time sitting on the john. We keep a small stack of books there, so in between the cramping we can read. Unfortunately this bathroom isn't as convenient as the one we had in Virginia, there one could sit on the john and hurl into the bath tub, here the bath tub is about 8 feet away from the toilet.

Dung Beetle
08-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Always interesting to look back and see what you said years ago...

I'm torn here, and also a bit prejudiced because I'm having diarrhea TODAY...

Oh my!

Anyway, I've made up my mind and don't wish to keep y'all in suspense any longer. Vomiting is the worst.

lieu
08-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes, but I can see how diarrhea would really screw up a dung beetle's day.

Dung Beetle
08-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah, sometimes it just seems like the whole world's falling apart. :p

nearwildheaven
08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
I'd much rather throw up than have the runs. I used to be on a medication that would have me vomiting and having diarrhea, often at the same time (which is why I always had a bucket next to the toilet - yeah, it's gross, but, hey, so's this thread), for about 3-4 hours several days a week. It was awful, but I always preferred throwing up because it usually took a lot less time and involved far less cramping than getting the runs. Plus, I got immediate relief.

Good heavens, what kind of medication did THAT to you? :confused:

Claire98909
08-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Vomiting. I have a fear of puking because it makes me feel like I'm not in control. Luckily I only get sick enough to vomit every five years or so.

Freddy the Pig
08-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Vomiting is waaaay worse. It takes me forever to vomit, because my stomach is too strong for my own good. So I get that feeling, I need to vomit, need to vomit, need to vomit, and it gurgles up part way and doesn't come out. Then a couple minutes later I do it again. Each time it comes a little bit farther giving heartburn in a new part of my esophagus. After four or five cycles it finally comes out.

Whereas with the runs, sort of by definition, everything comes out at once and in a hurry and then it's over.

nearwildheaven
08-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Oops, didn't realize this is a resurrected zombie thread.

Anyway, I had some diarrhea yesterday (with back pain on top of it) and still don't feel 100%. And I just can't quench my thirst, so I must have lost a lot more fluid than I realized at the time.

Siam Sam
08-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Another thing is if you have diarrhea and must travel, you can get medication that will plug you up for the duration. Sure, it's not good to do that, but if you must travel, it can be done. But if you're having a vomiting fit, you're not moving.

Fluke54
08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Both choices are equally terrible, but I would have to go with diarrhea. At least I can sit down.

nearwildheaven
08-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Oops, didn't realize this is a resurrected zombie thread.

Anyway, I had some diarrhea yesterday (with back pain on top of it) and still don't feel 100%. And I just can't quench my thirst, so I must have lost a lot more fluid than I realized at the time.

And I STILL feel like crap! When is this going to end, anyway? :rolleyes:

bump
08-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Come to think of it, man, how much would that suck? Several people walk into a public bathroom, see diarrhea in a toilet and all of a sudden they're all ripping off their trousers and shooting liquid feces all over the place.

No thanks.

When I read this I thought of the infamous "Family Guy" puking scene, except with diarrhea.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

I vote vomiting as worse; diarrhea doesn't come out your nose, it doesn't require you to stick your head in the toilet, and there aren't many OTC anti-emetics that specifically address vomiting instead of nausea.

Little Nemo
08-14-2013, 09:58 PM
http://jokideo.com/funny-ecard-people-say-love-is/

overlyverbose
08-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Good heavens, what kind of medication did THAT to you? :confused:

I was taking Depakote for seizures. It worked to prevent seizures and I suppose as a weight loss regimen.

Mama Zappa
08-17-2013, 12:05 AM
I haven't thrown up since 1985.

I remember it as quite unpleasant (though I was certainly relieved when it was over).

I've had diarrhea any number of times since then, including once when it was a case of food poisoning that had my gut spasming and excreting several times an hour for a week. Imodium didn't touch it. Wasn't the runny kind either, just severe cramping and basically extruding a pencil thin poo.

And I've had 4 colonoscopies, i.e. a lot of experience with gottagonow!.

If offered the choice of which to have, yeah, I'd choose the trots.

breezman
08-17-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd have to vote for diarrhea being worse, but I'm biased. In my early 20s I had an intestinal blockage form slowly over the course of a few years (I didn't know that until it was removed), and during that time I vomited just about every day.

By the end of that time I had pretty good skills. I could usually dump the whole contents of my stomach in one shot, at will, and get a minimal amount on my teeth.

[Buddy from Night Court]
But I'm feeling much better now.
[/Buddy from Night Court]

Best Topics: ted williams vision garbage disposal injury forge of god 814 credit score soloflex review unavailable phone calls clean rayon gentlest laxative town name endings mp3 dvd players ear pierced twice southern insults cyst removal kit heinlein best books kirkland american vodka brutus cartoons owl attacking cat buspirone grapefruit ginger addiction boxcars in dice double parking illegal quasi socialist buy fox urine stinky slippers keurig 8oz button inhaling rust manatee sex whats in butterfingers sterile paper towels girl in greek cv joint are pistachios poisonous possum lodge hyundai elantra alarm goes off randomly mas spanish to english 1 kg sugar in cups how much do american spirits cost how to remove paint from aluminum window frames longest straight road in the usa how do 3 way bulbs work why do passports take so long pepsi one vs pepsi max fluorescent light works sometimes what does hor d'oeuvres mean my love in gaelic scottish what is an artisan pizza how much weight does poop add how to keep other birds away from hummingbird feeders 12 volt bridge rectifier kay jewelers cubic zirconia small third degree burns starter fluid tire inflation 167 minutes to hours fist to chest salute s morgenstern princess bride unabridged two monkeys and a football cheap ways to heat a pool mixing bleach and ammonia advice from a singer sewing machine manual from 1949 manor house where are they now oil around spark plug can i use verizon in puerto rico does worcestershire sauce need to be refrigerated after opening when do movies stop showing in theaters how to masturbate in the shower install gfci without ground