PDA

View Full Version : Crime: What is a fencing operation?

Jinx
07-02-2004, 08:05 AM
Well, the title basically is the question. Is it simply a fancy name for selling stolen goods for cash? ...as opposed to stealing goods for one's one personal use, I guess? Please clarify/explain... - Jinx

Mr. Blue Sky
07-02-2004, 08:13 AM
You steal something. I am your "fence". I will give you a small amount of money for the item and resell the item at a profit.

grimpixie
07-02-2004, 08:30 AM
dictionary.com gives the following two definitions:To sell (stolen goods) to a fence.

To act as a conduit for stolen goods. So I guess it is the action of selling stolen goods, regardless of whether you did the stealing.

Grim

chrisk
07-02-2004, 08:40 AM
<joke>

No, no, a fencing operation is the deal with those swords that have no edge and no point, and the guys in white suits and masks trying to tag each other with the swords.

:D

</joke>

Sorry, i couldn't resist that one.

Polycarp
07-02-2004, 10:22 AM
"Fencing" refers to the illegal business of intentionally receiving stolen goods for resale purposes. (And "intentional" includes "willful negligence" -- "I don't want to know where you got all that jewelry from" is not sufficient defense!)

Although to continue chrisk's joke, "a fencing operation" is when your surgeon comes in with an epée.... ;)

Best Topics: edwardian collar dresser top protector reddit areola keurig button sizes listerine proof sexy stripper names ay como chingas geoffrey palmer imdb psych or sike scientist person fuel pump shutoff g2 intelligence serious inquiries only bjork bangkok b connectors guinness expiration date paddling fraternity pathfinder orisons water follows sodium elvish curses cribbage hands cat crouching scarlett pomers measurements long finger nail farsighted glasses walmart tebow sucks dog head butting pee eww buy butane daredevil rigoletto biggest bacon number florida pool cover john wayne bar what does a basin wrench look like world mastercard commercial actor bee sting itch after a week conundrum wrapped in an enigma what do you get with tivo subscription can you use duct tape on dryer vents dating a high school girl how to care for a robin egg chicken of the sea vs starkist how old are you in 8th grade canon mg5500 printer not responding pee on your feet can you eat tarpon fish how to warm up a pool fast derivitive of e^x^2 aleve menstrual cramps dosage potassium supplements for leg cramps is dental deep cleaning necessary is it painful to drown apocalypse now french scene directv fast forward problem common metric wrench sizes chamberlain electrolift executive garage door opener what kind of animal is the grinch hairy asshole with hemorrhoids digital audio output cable orange do black people smell different how to deal with neighbors bass filming in progress signs get off the schnide front end damage estimate what is considered your hometown when do grapes go bad can sriracha go bad get rid of wolf spiders why is a spike not intentional grounding contact solution that bubbles