PDA

View Full Version : the Fishnet underwear sewn into swim shorts, wtf for?

Critical1
05-28-2005, 12:04 PM
I picked up several pairs of nylon swim shorts recently and they all have that fishnet stuff in them. is there a purpose for this stuff or am I crazy thinking its usless?

asking because unless somone comes along and says it prevents testicular cancer or something I am cutting it out of all my shorts. I got a small rash on my inner thigh from the stuff after it was rubbing my leg while wet from a swim.

Astroboy14
05-28-2005, 12:10 PM
As far as I can tell, they're for keeping your naughty bits from dangling out.

Take a razor blade to them (the fishnet dealies, not the naughty bits...); that's what I do.

mhendo
05-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Obligatory Simpsons reference:

Carl: "I think i just logged on to my internet."

Bryan Ekers
05-28-2005, 01:36 PM
They're to keep the pirhana at bay. Show some gratitude.

Cartooniverse
05-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Many men, myself included, find wearing a Jock Strap (http://dragonsports.co.uk/i/P/1028.jpg) to be a bit much under a swimsuit. The mesh is there to support one's dangly bits, as has been said. It more or less does the job.

Those males who chose to wear Speedo- type of snug bathing suits don't need to worry about mesh, since the swimsuit itself supports them.

This thread does raise the corrolary question: Do women's bathing suits use underwires for more amply endowed swimmers?

Cartooniverse

Zsofia
05-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Yes, some women's swimsuits have underwires.

Guinastasia
05-28-2005, 06:58 PM
This thread does raise the corrolary question: Do women's bathing suits use underwires for more amply endowed swimmers?

Cartooniverse

Yep-bikini tops are basically just bras made out of lycra/spandex.

Zsofia
05-28-2005, 07:33 PM
But not all bikini tops have underwires. Not even most. Definately depends on your personal needs.

Green Bean
05-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Yes. As others have said, some bikini tops are constructed very much like regular bras. Most one-piece suits have some sort of bra apparatus built in. Look at the right side of this page (http://landsend.com/cd/index/fp/0,,49997,00.html?sid=8181162797553119970) for descriptions of some of the different types.

Green Bean
05-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say--some women's shorts come with the net linings, too. It's just built-in underwear. I love 'em for on the river. I'd rather wear lined shorts, a sports bra, and a coolmax t-shirt than a whole annoying swimsuit under shorts and a shirt. Less is more.

Harriet the Spry
05-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Fishnets underwear in swimtrunks? Ummm, for catching fish? :D

friedo
05-28-2005, 08:33 PM
At the local public pool, they won't let you in unless your bathing suit has a proper lining. Yes, they inspect your suit before you can get into the locker room.

Critical1
05-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Well my "bits" might be a bit larger than your average bits but thats cause I am a bit larger than average myself...as for keeping my "bits" from dangling out...the shorts go down to my knees.

and I hate the pool anyway, chlorine is icky.

here come the sharp objects.

alphaboi867
05-29-2005, 01:41 AM
...asking because unless somone comes along and says it prevents testicular cancer or something I am cutting it out of all my shorts. I got a small rash on my inner thigh from the stuff after it was rubbing my leg while wet from a swim.

The obvious solution? Swim naked! :)

MetroGnome
05-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Like the underwear it's meant to replace, not only does the lining serve to keep the squad in formation, it also acts as a contact barrier between your wet skin and the wet "shell" fabric, preventing the latter from clinging to you.

You can find this same lining in all kinds of "high tech" athletic/performance gear where they serve the same function. Even though nylon is light and dries quickly, it doesn't breath well without the aid of a modern meshed peticoat.

If the elastic at the end of the short's lining is bugging you, I'd consider just snipping along the elastic and letting the lining (and your boys) hang free. It will still keep the wet shell from clinging to you, leaving the contoured definition of your loins safely in the realms of our imagination.

At the local public pool, they won't let you in unless your bathing suit has a proper lining. Yes, they inspect your suit before you can get into the locker room.

Did they specify why? I can only imagine public modesty as a reason. Given the lining's porous structure, I can't imagine it serving as any type of sanitary barrier. Maybe they also serve as pevic hairnets for the short 'n curlies? Did the public pool also enforce swim caps?

Cartooniverse
05-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Maybe they also serve as pevic hairnets ( bolding mine ) for the short 'n curlies? Did the public pool also enforce swim caps?

The Pelvic Hairnets

Band Name !!!! :D

Best Topics: munchkin expansion male centaurs badia saffron densest alloy nominal dimensions countif month adventurebilt hats tommy kirk imdb sex toy rental 30 raise moon bullet pig cork screw picking people up fat straight men batteries plus end drawn check sestertius to dollar fibromyalgia hypochondria mm means isopropyl alcohol 100 liqui fire words to farajaka carnival game hammer original artists erythorbate worms magnet in microwave d20 superhero rpg curb finders in home escalators fat man walking goldilocks purple mattress swirl symbol purple goldilocks actress whos who among american high school students single wire fm antenna indoor the fear of darkness story can a gynecologist tell if you've been sexually active what is a panty line how to ask for oral sex where can i buy a poster tube do salmon die after they spawn how to make a cat stop pooping on the carpet throat pains at night is it illegal to have a sawed off shotgun superman's weakness besides kryptonite car revs up and down in park cat not eating after spaying how to crack gum laurel and hardy abbott and costello the adventures of tennessee buck jamie lee curtis penis frank sinatra draft dodger how to commit suicides painless yahoo sleeping 2 hours a night how to preserve bugs what does caps stand for in soccer diagram of a car digital camouflage vs traditional camouflage best way to remove adhesive from skin that 70s show musical if i had a penis pop up drain hair catcher popping noise when driving how long does it take to receive forwarded mail ask me no questions and i tell you no lies origin political affiliation protected class walgreens scan photos to cd how to pee instantly what type of jazz is frank sinatra