PDA

View Full Version : What does this hand sign mean?

Diamonds02
01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
It's the index and pinky fingers down, middle and ring fingers up, and the thumb extended. I've only seen 20something guys hold up this sign, so I assume it is something like "the shocker".

Agonist
01-27-2006, 07:41 PM
:confused: I can't even make my fingers do what you're describing. Do you maybe mean index and pinkies up, middle and ring fingers down?

silenus
01-27-2006, 07:44 PM
That hurts!

For a moment I thought you meant "thumb holding ring finger down," which means "Two in the pink, one in the stink." :eek:

pravnik
Sounds like the reverse devil horns, so I'm thinking it's flashing a Jesus gang sign. Also, it's the reverse "hook 'em horns" sign, so I would say it's "go Aggies," but they have this "gig 'em" sign thing. So I'm guessing it means you're rooting for either Jesus or whoever's playing University of Texas.

Tevildo
Hmm. In my day (some 20 years ago), we would have called that the "Voorish Sign" and assumed the signer was a fan of H P Lovecraft. As far as I know, it's not explicitly described in Lovecraft's works, but it does appear in "The Necronomicon" by Dave Langford et al.

Diamonds02
01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh the irony...

I was just fooling around on myspace...and I stumbled upon Dane Cook's myspace page. Guess what I see? Dozens of pictures of people holding up that sign. And, it is not the "horns" nor the "shocker". I guess this is something related to this comedian.

I can do the sign. You just have to push the tips of the index and pinky fingers against the palm of your hand. Or just make a fist, and lift up the middle and ring fingers.

Diamonds02
01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
The super finger!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_Cook

Zabali_Clawbane
01-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Aha! A perusal of a Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_Cook) on Dane Cook gives the answer! It's the super finger or su fi. IT's meant to be a snazzier "finger".

Hostile Dialect
01-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Yup, the SuFi. When givin 'em one finger just isn't enough.

Best Topics: dracaena marginata cats driving tractor trailer wal phed 96 ggpht.com what is cats sitting upright lighten pdf stuff under toenails count money fast playing post office folding resumes sparkletts distilled water wart with hair reheat hot wings digital channel modulator lazy janitor three lane archive heartworm test price joshing meaning largest game maps fresh water whales car memory keeper allison stern remarried toilet drano liquid tattoo commission girls full bladder funny skeleton puns does cyanide hurt coffin shaped cigarette smoke detector tuning pianos cost sai fight humana vs medicare alternative laundry soap how to monetize your birth certificate funniest thing youve ever seen how to disable a bomb do mice eat bird seed best games for 64mb graphic card ways to lower sperm count what was bastian's mother's name how to open cow level diablo 2 a man from nantucket what are the earpieces singers wear on stage for kick his ass sea bass what bra sizes are considered small angel soft vs charmin courage the cowardly dog hamster if you have been stung while swimming in the ocean, you probably came in contact with a _____. why does pink lemonade taste different i want to call my mom when does frasier join cheers do you take prednisone all at once how do cats survive the winter growing hot cherry peppers how long does it take to ship from canada to us deer hunter i love you baby where are stauer watches made sad walking away song from the incredible hulk lyrics for la bamba in english what does it mean to toss a salad can i write on money how much iron in the human body making your own checks most embarrassing stories ever deafness is not a disability withdraw money without debit card chase i am intrigued by your ideas how much does it cost to copy a key at home depot