PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood 7-9-06 (there will be spoilers)

AuntiePam
07-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Looks like tonight's episode is fixin' for a bloody outcome. :)

I've been rewatching season 2 on DVD, and just noticed something sorta special between Seth and Martha.

In the third episode, Martha and Seth are spending their first morning together, warily feeling each other out. Seth is clumsily apologetic about his affair with Alma. Martha says to him: "Iíll hold my deepest gratitude, Mr. Bullock, for what will let us live as we are now."

Several episodes later, Martha is thinking about leaving the camp, and Seth says to her "Whatever will let us live . . . ".

Seth remembered. That's so sweet.

KSO
07-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh God, oh God, oh God. I thought I was going to puke.

Susie Derkins
07-09-2006, 09:36 PM
You aren't the only one. That was rough.

DoctorJ
07-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Best fight EVER!

JeffB
07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
A battle of the titans.

Hostetler caught me completely by surprise. All I could think was "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."

Loved Bullock pulling Hearst by the ear.

Isosleepy
07-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Having played the Deadwood drinking game (you take a shot when anyone on the show takes a drink) I mahy have missed some newo.. noa..nuances.
But Mrs Ellsworth has bad skin, and Major Dad is apparenrly Patty Hearst's Granddaddy. And don't eff with Dan. I'd like to see a cage match between him and Titus Pullo. Anyhow, it's all fun and games 'till someone loses an

MLS
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Yikes. Just.... Yikes.
Glad to see the fight went that way rather than the alternative.
Coming attractions look.... interesting. Since Alma's a fictional character, anything could happen there. Ellsworth knows she's using, doesn't he?

Lissa
07-09-2006, 10:09 PM
What was up with Ellswort saying he'd "move his things?" Is he leaving Alma because she was being sexually aggressive? Or, does he know about her past drug problems and can see she's using again and wants to get Sophia out of there?

He made that schoolboy giggly confession that he was enjoying their conjugal relations in the last episode, and now he acts like a timid virgin when she suggests coming in to wash his back?

Why didn't Hostetler just grab a shovel and beat the shit out of Steve the Drunk? Seth would probably accept that a man has his limits and let Hostetler get a few good licks in before stepping in to stop it.

What's going to happen to Hostetler's gold?

And yes, I have to agree-- best fight scene ever. The most realistic fight I've ever seen. I thought Dan had bought the farm when the Captian was banging his head against the hearth stones, but he's one tough bastard.

JeffB
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
What was up with Ellswort saying he'd "move his things?" Is he leaving Alma because she was being sexually aggressive? Or, does he know about her past drug problems and can see she's using again and wants to get Sophia out of there?

He made that schoolboy giggly confession that he was enjoying their conjugal relations in the last episode, and now he acts like a timid virgin when she suggests coming in to wash his back?It looked like Ellsworth realized Alma was high and he didn't want to part of that kind of sexual encounter. In terms of the "conjugal" comment, the term itself just refers the marital matters in general. While we associate it with sex (e.g. conjugal visits), I don't think Ellsworth was indicating that he and Alma were having any kind of sexual relationship. I do think Ellsworth loves Alma and would be happy to be involved with her in that way, but not being used as an object when Alma's high.

Greywolf73
07-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Whoa! I didn't even know it was actually possible to literally pluck an eye out like that. I'm not sure I understand exactly why Dan was so shook up though--was it because he hit a man when he was down? Because he thought he'd disappointed Al?

It'll be interesting to see how the Hearst storyline plays out based on the actual historical facts of Hearst's life. Bullock has really pissed him off now. And I'm dying to know who (in the ad for next week) Hearst is talking about killing ("Don't kill her just yet.") Who? Who?!! Alma?

Hostetler's reaction just floored me. Totally unexpected. I thought he was going to fling the bag of gold at Steve and tell him the deal was off.

RikWriter
07-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Damn good episode...I knew the Sheriff could only be THAT pissed off for so long before someone got a gun stuck in their ear.
Given that IRL Al was around Deadwood a good long time after this and was successful for at least another 10 years or so, and that Hearst lived long after this and was successful as well, I have no fucking idea how they're going to resolve this whole mess.

Diogenes the Cynic
07-09-2006, 11:19 PM
This was probably the best episode of the season so far. The fight between Dan and the Captain was so grisly yet so satisfying. Equally satisfying was Bullock dragging Hearst off to jail by his ear. I loved Seth's incredulity when he asked Hearst, "Did you just tell me...fuck myself?" Tim Olyphant is great at showing a character who is using an almost superhuman effort to prevent himself from blowing some cocksucker's head off.

hajario
07-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Ellsworth was disgusted at Alma's using and doesn't want anything to do with her anymore. He's probably going back to sleeping at the mine. His main concern is for Sophia.

That fight was something to behold. I thought that that Captain cocksucker was going to kill Dan. That fight took a lot out of Dan. He came very close to dying and was probably scared for the first time in his life. That's why he needs to be alone. He has to collect himself.

I don't get Hostetler killing himself at all. Maybe he thought that he'd never ever get the dignity that he deserved.

Hearst just lost for maybe the first time in his life. It looks like he is going to take the whole fucking town with him of he can't win. By the way, the real George Hearst is the great-grandfather of Patty Hearst.

Rubystreak
07-10-2006, 01:25 AM
So many awesome moments:

Con Stapleton and his "spasm of sex interest" made me laugh my ass off.

Al consults the Chief again. And compares himself to him.

Tom Nuttall going off on Steve the Drunk was priceless.

Trixie's little rant in Sol's room when he says he "doesn't get" what's going on at the bank... "Of course you don't. You're too fucking healthy-minded," with exhausted, affectionate scorn.

I think Dan was upset because he almost lost the fight against a worthy adversary. The only reason he won is because Turner looked up at Heart while he was drowning Dan in that puddle, and Dan was able to turn it around then. Also, you know, the whole "you're alone, with Death" think that Al said.

Doc Cochran does NOT sound good. Also, he made a big mistake when he gave Alma more opium. I guess drug addiction wasn't very well understood then, but I think that opened the door for her current problems.

Poor Mr. Ellsworth obviously hasn't consummated his marriage and now maybe never will. In fact, he seems terrified of Alma. I don't think he knows about the smack, just that Alma doesn't love him and, when she had her eyes closed, was very likely thinking of someone else, and he couldn't reconcile himself with that, and who can blame them, since I think he really does have feelings for her. Maybe when he finds out she's using again, he'll come back and help her. He's a good guy. Also, ever thought I'd say this back in Season 1, but Jim Beaver is pretty hot. It's Alma's loss when he leaves.

As for Hostetler, what in the holy fuck happened there? WHAT happened? As Al said about Hearst, "The why's what fucking confounds me. What's in his head I cannot fucking find in mine." Seemed rather out of the blue. Was it suppressed guilt over William or something? It can't just have been Steve's idiotic bullshit, can it?

EB Farnum lives in constant fear of an ass-kicking, methinks, but I felt bad for him with the "I miss our morning coffee." What a loser.

Anyone else think Chesterton and Jack Langrishe are... more than friends? Mama Cooch/Claudia looked envious? Someone's trying to bring culture to Deadwood. Should be interesting.

George Hearst had a bad fucking day, eh? Cocksucker. That ear-pulling never could have happened before Turner got ended, but Bullock may also have saved Hearst's life that night.

As for next week, it'll be worth watching just for

Trixie threatening to kill Alma's dealer.

AuntiePam
07-10-2006, 01:40 AM
At least Doc wasn't coughing his lungs out tonight. He looked a bit better. He's always had a raspy voice.

I'm confused about Hostetler's suicide too, but lordy, Steve could drive anyone over the brink. Hostetler must have felt he'd never be rid of the sonofabitch. Hounding him all the way to Oregon over a freakin' board.

Unanswerable questions/nitpicks:

When Cy who he was selling dope to, Leon answers "the c*** at the bank". Why didn't Cy consider the c*** might be Trixie?

Where was Sophia? It was after dark.

Who gave Bellegarde his ginger butt? Was anyone on the stage besides Jack's older friend?

Why didn't E.B. tell Seth where Hearst was? Why did he write it out?

How did Alma's house get built in six weeks? It's pretty ornate, with the wainscoting and the fancy windows.

Why don't Alma and Ellsworth have some household help? Who got Ellsworth's bath water? Do they have indoor plumbing?

Shouldn't Langrishe's troupe be bigger? That's a lot of work for five people, chairing committees and performing too.

Why did Seth arrest Hearst? Misplaced anger over Hostetler? The third dead Cornishman? To protect him from Al or Dan?

Hostetler has family. How will they find them to give them the gold? Will they even try?

How will Steve get his comeuppance? A kick in the head from that horse would be nice.

hajario
07-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Who gave Bellegarde his ginger butt?

It was from riding in the stage for the last few days.

Why didn't E.B. tell Seth where Hearst was? Why did he write it out?

He didn't want anyone to overhear him ratting out Hearst.

Why did Seth arrest Hearst? Misplaced anger over Hostetler? The third dead Cornishman? To protect him from Al or Dan?

Al arrested Hearst for the dead Cornishmen. Hearst allowed himself to get arrested to protect himself from Al or Dan.

Rubystreak
07-10-2006, 02:17 AM
When Cy who he was selling dope to, Leon answers "the c*** at the bank". Why didn't Cy consider the c*** might be Trixie?

I don't think protecting Hearst was at all on Bullock's mind. The dead Cornishmen piling up after Bullock put him on notice is what did it. He wanted to arrest Hearst before the Dority/Turner showdown but was convinced to wait by Al's boys. Good advice from the Gem crew, that was.

Al arrested Hearst for the dead Cornishmen. Hearst allowed himself to get arrested to protect himself from Al or Dan.

The gun in his face might have played a role in that too.

singular1
07-10-2006, 07:44 AM

Trixie loathes the dope, having seen - um, Lana, was it? - falling to it's poison, and I think Alma's "problem" would be known to someone as involved with the people of Deadwood as Cy is.

Jebus, what a horrific fight!

LateComer
07-10-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm confused about Hostetler's suicide too, but lordy, Steve could drive anyone over the brink. Hostetler must have felt he'd never be rid of the sonofabitch. Hounding him all the way to Oregon over a freakin' board.Somebody refresh my memory: Did we see Hostetler with a shotgun to his head (contemplating suicide) in an earlier episode? Or am I imagining that (quite possible)?

Honey
07-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I believe Ellsworth could smell the dope on Alma's breath when they kissed. She had just downed a glass of it right before.

2 episodes ago when Alma met with Hearst, he leaned in close to her and sniffed and then said "You indulge yourself madam". He could smell it on her breath too.

I'm lost about that board. What was written on it that? Why was Steve upset that it was erased?

hajario
07-10-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm lost about that board. What was written on it that? Why was Steve upset that it was erased?

The board has Steve's signed confession that he was caught fucking Bullock's horse. Steve wasn't upset that it was erased. Steve thought that the real board was somewhere else and that the erased board was a fake.

5que
07-10-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm lost about that board. What was written on it that? Why was Steve upset that it was erased?It was Steve admitting that he had sex with a horse -- Hostetler caught him and made Steve write it out. Steve obviously considered it as possible blackmail. Because it was erased, Steve couldn't be sure it was the "real" board.

The fight was awsome, if hard to watch at the end.

And I cheered when Al consulted the chief again.

Trunk
07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Whoa! I didn't even know it was actually possible to literally pluck an eye out like that.
:confused:

You maybe saw it in Kill Bill and didn't think it was possible, but now that you saw it on Deadwood, you're convinced?

Lissa
07-10-2006, 10:10 AM
It was Steve admitting that he had sex with a horse -- Hostetler caught him and made Steve write it out. Steve obviously considered it as possible blackmail. Because it was erased, Steve couldn't be sure it was the "real" board.

I had forgotten about the horse-fucking. I can imagine that Steve would worry about that coming back to haunt him. Be bad for business.

And I cheered when Al consulted the chief again.

I was hoping he'd take Alas-Poor-Yorrick out of the box. Hearst might have gotten the willies if he looked out of his hole in the wall and saw Al yukking it up with a skull.

Honey
07-10-2006, 10:17 AM
The board has Steve's signed confession that he was caught fucking Bullock's horse. Steve wasn't upset that it was erased. Steve thought that the real board was somewhere else and that the erased board was a fake.

Oh man! I would've given anything for Bullock to have seen that. He would have clenched so hard his head would have exploded.

Also, you haven't lived until your breast has been used as a megaphone. :D

Chefguy
07-10-2006, 10:46 AM
This season is worthwhile if for only one reason: whenever my boss says "mornin'", my thought response is "perfect time of day to go fuck yourself".

Rubystreak
07-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I believe Ellsworth could smell the dope on Alma's breath when they kissed. She had just downed a glass of it right before.

2 episodes ago when Alma met with Hearst, he leaned in close to her and sniffed and then said "You indulge yourself madam". He could smell it on her breath too.

Does anyone know for sure that the opium Alma drinks can be smelled on the breath? I would think, if Hearst knew that Alma was a drug addict, he would have put that informatiom to use earlier, though maybe Honey is right.

Would that be enough to make Ellsworth leave her, though? I think he left because her advances to him were made in such a way as to indicate that she really does not dig him and has to work herself up to touching him. Whether he thinks it's the dope or fantasizing about Bullock, that she uses to get it up for him. he doesn't want to be her consolation prize anymore.

Rebecca DiMwitter
07-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know for sure that the opium Alma drinks can be smelled on the breath? I would think, if Hearst knew that Alma was a drug addict, he would have put that informatiom to use earlier, though maybe Honey is right.

Would that be enough to make Ellsworth leave her, though? I think he left because her advances to him were made in such a way as to indicate that she really does not dig him and has to work herself up to touching him. Whether he thinks it's the dope or fantasizing about Bullock, that she uses to get it up for him. he doesn't want to be her consolation prize anymore.

It just seemed to me that Ellsworth leaned into her waiting kiss, and then grimaced slightly, as if he DID see or smell something...just before pulling away. I got the impression it was a combination of her "suddenly" wanting him after so long, and the possibility that she'd really be thinking of Bullock, PLUS the possibility occurring to him that she was on dope again (smell? the randy way she looked?). He did make his concern for Sofia clear, so that might indicate he did believe dope to be involved. Very sad, esp. for Alma. What options will she have left after Ellsworth moves on?

--Beck

AuntiePam
07-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Somebody refresh my memory: Did we see Hostetler with a shotgun to his head (contemplating suicide) in an earlier episode? Or am I imagining that (quite possible)?

When the horse got loose and trampled William, Hostetler grabbed a shotgun like he was going to use it on himself and NG restrained him.

I figured out my question about where Sophia was. She was probably in the house asleep. When Ellsworth asked Alma about "collecting" her, he was probably referring to taking her back and forth to school.

The "Don't forget" part was a nice jab.

Diogenes the Cynic
07-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know for sure that the opium Alma drinks can be smelled on the breath?
Laudenum is a tincture of opium in an alcohol solution. Supposedly it had a characteristic odor (modern laudenum is now deodorized) but the alcohol alone should be detectable on the breath and would be enough of a clue to those aware of Alma's history with the drug. Hearst would probably be able to infer an "indulgence" in laudenum by the odor on her breath combined with a lack of any obvious drunkeness. Laudenum addiction wasn't exactly uncommon during the Victorian era.

Lissa
07-10-2006, 01:58 PM

Hearst would probably be able to infer an "indulgence" in laudenum by the odor on her breath combined with a lack of any obvious drunkeness.

I thought that his comment meant something along the lines of, "You indulge yourself, madame, in thinking you could play business with the boys."

I thought the sniffing was, uhm, sexual.

hajario
07-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I thought that his comment meant something along the lines of, "You indulge yourself, madame, in thinking you could play business with the boys."

I thought the sniffing was, uhm, sexual.

That is exactly how I took it.

The line is: "You are reckless, madam." (sniffs) "You indulge yourself."

If he knew that she has fallen off of the wagon, he would have done something about it by now. Cy finds out from Leon in this latest episode that she is back on the junk. Cy can't wait to give this info to Hearst.

RogueRacer
07-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't think he knows about the smack, just that Alma doesn't love him and, when she had her eyes closed, was very likely thinking of someone else, and he couldn't reconcile himself with that, and who can blame them, since I think he really does have feelings for her.Isn't it still somewhat common for people to kiss with their eyes closed, especially for first kisses? I would think that would be the norm for a lady with Alma's upbringing.

Put me in the group that thinks that Elsworth smelled or tasted the dope and didn't want that to be the reason that Alma took him into her bed.

Seth has actually been pretty restrained (for him) since thrashing EB. I expect the shit to hit the fan before long.

Leon is about to have a very bad day when Trixie catches up with him. Cy really needs some better quality henchmen. Too bad for him that he ran off Eddie Sawyer.

Push You Down
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
If ever there was a thread I thought I might expect to see a comment like "Hey, where Push You Down, he's usually all over these Deadwood threads"... alas.. I will cry into my pillow tonight.

Since the cast is now bloated as a summer tick, its a crying shame that Sol has had nothing to do all season except get fucked by Trixie.....its not a bad life, but I'd want more. Sol brightens every scene he is in. Perhaps Sol will take more control of the bank once Alma's weakness comes to light.

I honestly thought when Hostetler left he was going to come out with a gun and essentially commit suicide by sheriff. He'd threaten to shoot Steve and Bullock would have to kill him.

The craziest thing is.. this is HALF-WAY through the season. It feels like the next episode could be the season finale and I'd feel like it was one of the best seasons of any show ever.

So.... Dan was greasing himself up... but.. wore a shirt to the fight... Why? Was it just like a secondary line of defense if Turner ripped his shirt off?

For idle speculation based on two minor and out of context bits of inside info I have
Toward the end of the season atleast Bullock will be in Sturgis giving a speech of some kind. One of my housemates is in the scene. Trixie may in fact go back to working at the Gem based on a scene that same housemate was also an extra in.

Fir na tine
07-10-2006, 04:03 PM
its a crying shame that Sol has had nothing to do all season except get fucked by Trixie.....its not a bad life, but I'd want more.

Never mind Sol, where are they hiding Wu? cocksucker, I miss him and the pigs. They would have made short work of the Captain, cocksucker. Hearst wouldn't have had to "make the arrangements".

Cocksucker........

ms.deanna
07-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Best fight EVER!
i heard that!! .. i LOVED the way that dude's eyes was bobbing up and down like a jawbreaker on the end of a slinky... im gonna watch the re-runs all fuckin week just to see that over and over again....

Lochdale
07-10-2006, 05:09 PM
That's er...sort of messed up Ms. Deanna but then each to their own right?

I remember watching the fight and thinking go for th eyes, why aren't they going for the eyes!

Sadly, they did and I lost some cheerios in the process.

Why did Hearst risk such an overt confrontation? Why risk his top man like that?

Mind you, the Captain had the fight won but for the Roman-esque look up to Hearst.

Surely Hearst has other agents in and around the camp? If not, he better get some.

I don't know why Bullock didn't just beat Steve to death but Hosteler killing himself was a shock.

Great episode.

Push You Down
07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Why did Hearst risk such an overt confrontation? Why risk his top man like that?

Mind you, the Captain had the fight won but for the Roman-esque look up to Hearst.

Surely Hearst has other agents in and around the camp? If not, he better get some.

Hearst probably assumed Captain Turner would win. Hearst has seen Turner fight several times and was probably pretty confident in his abilities. He saw Dority as more of a thug.

We know Hearst still has the two triggermen who killed the last of the Cornish organizers and dumped his body in the thoroughfare.
I think Hearst isn't going to be in the camp long. The Gem will muscle up and it will ultimately come down to the Bella Union (we know Tolliver has several gun men at the ready in his joint) vs. the Gem.

Smeghead
07-11-2006, 03:48 AM
I don't think protecting Hearst was at all on Bullock's mind. The dead Cornishmen piling up after Bullock put him on notice is what did it.
Especially as, as he said, the last one was "planted in the middle of the thoroughfare like a fucking flag".

I don't have anything to add other than DAMN! One thing I noticed about the fight scene was the complete lack of sound effects. There was no music, no crowd sounds - just the two guys pounding each other. It really helped with the feeling of realism.

BlackKnight
07-11-2006, 04:27 AM
One thing I really liked about the fight was how they started out grappling and pounding with all their might, but it wasn't long before they were obviously exhausted.

Dan didn't win because he was stronger, faster, or had more endurance. They seemed fairly evenly matched in those categories, and I think Turner had a slight advantage if anything. Dan was just plain meaner.

As of this episode, Deadwood has officialy surpassed The Sopranos as my favorite television show of all time. 'Tis a bittersweet moment, but makes me glad that Deadwood will likely go out in its prime.

Honey
07-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Here's something posted on the HBO boards by W. Earl Brown (Dan) about the fight. It's really interesting.

Link (http://boards.hbo.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300001145&messageID=700126759#700126759)

His username is BigEarlB. Hee.

kingpengvin
07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I loved how the crowd was kind of moving around the fight, some continuing their business as if they were stepping around a horse turd.

I love how Al was straining to figure his next move and looks outside to see Hearst being lead off by Bullock. There is part dread as to what may happen next and part... "why didn't I let him do this earlier" on Al's face.

Anyone else notice how Johnny seems to be getting a little more aware of things and catching on quicker. There might be a thought in his head after all.

I'd say Hearst was not fooled by Adams' at all.

I'm still fricken squemish about the eye bouncing around. All I can think is that
A) it would get mud on it and
B) That must be disorienting when part of your vision is a loose swinging eye

EEEEWWWW!

KSO
07-11-2006, 09:29 AM
I watched it again last night and decided that what bothered me about the eye wasn't that it was bobbing around on a stalk, but the screams of fear and terror.

I agree that Hearst wasn't fooled by Adams at all.

Yes, Steve needs a kick in the head from a horse.

Rube E. Tewesday
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Some total speculation on my part, so no spoiler box.

Suppose Dan has killed Hawkeye, either on his own initiative or on Al's orders, and Al knows it. Suppose Adams finds out. That would give Adams a great motivation to sell Al out to Hearst for real.

MaxTheVool
07-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Here's something posted on the HBO boards by W. Earl Brown (Dan) about the fight. It's really interesting.

Link (http://boards.hbo.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300001145&messageID=700126759#700126759)

His username is BigEarlB. Hee.

That link doesn't work for me.

Push You Down
07-11-2006, 01:20 PM
One thing I really liked about the fight was how they started out grappling and pounding with all their might, but it wasn't long before they were obviously exhausted.

Dan didn't win because he was stronger, faster, or had more endurance. They seemed fairly evenly matched in those categories, and I think Turner had a slight advantage if anything. Dan was just plain meaner.

Idon't know if Dan was meaner.... Turner bit Dan on the face within the first few minutes of the fight, if that ain't mean I don't know what is.

And other people have mentioned that Turner looking to Hearst was the turning point...no way, Turner continued to beat the shit out of Dan until Dan went for the eye.

KSO
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Turner bit Dan on the face within the first few minutes of the fight, if that ain't mean I don't know what is.
I thought Turner was pulling a Mike Tyson on Dan. Either way, ewww

Lochdale
07-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I think Turner had Dan beaten until he turned up for a signal from Hearst. I agree that Turner's screams are what did it for me.

Rubystreak
07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
And other people have mentioned that Turner looking to Hearst was the turning point...no way, Turner continued to beat the shit out of Dan until Dan went for the eye.

Way. Turner was drowning Dan in the puddle when he looked up at Hearst. That second of inattention is what gave Dan the chance to get his head outta the water. Otherwise, the fight would have ended there and Dan would have died ignominiously, his lungs full of foul water. Yes, Turner kept beating the shit out of him after that, but he wouldn't have had the opportunity if he'd killed Dan in the puddle.

And yeah, the screams did me in too. One doesn't expect to hear a sound like that coming out of a grown man, though it was entirely appropriate. I actually felt bad for Turner in that moment, though god knows he had it coming.

Smeghead
07-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I thought Turner was pulling a Mike Tyson on Dan. Either way, ewww
Yeah, I think he was. There was a shot toward the end of the fight that made it look like his cheek had been mostly gnawed off.

Honey
07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
That link doesn't work for me.

Max

It's working ok for me. Can someone else try my link above and see if it works?

Diogenes the Cynic
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
It worked for me.

Morbo
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Captain Turner was played by Allan Graff, former lineman from the '72 USC undefeated Trojans, who later started a long and respected career as a 2nd unit director, famous for developing a couple of unique stunts and for filming realistic football scenes for movies. Pretty interesting stuff about him here (http://imdb.com/name/nm0333689/bio).

Morbo
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I loved Seth's incredulity when he asked Hearst, "Did you just tell me...fuck myself?"

And of course Hearst's awesome line that preceded it: "When I say for you to Go Fuck Yourself Sheriff, will you put that down to drunkenness or a high estimate of your athleticism?"

AuntiePam
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Another funny exchange:

Turner: Go tell your friend I know heís afraid of me.

Silas: Dority? Big guy?

Turner: I guess he looks big to you.

Push You Down
07-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I also loved that Dan called Turner, Captain Cuntface.

I've said that phrase for years.

(it's also used in "The Specials" with Thomas Haden Church and Rob Lowe)

MaxTheVool
07-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Max

It's working ok for me. Can someone else try my link above and see if it works?

yeah, it's working now. Interesting stuff. Thanks.

flickster
07-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I was just able to get in my first viewing...

What was Al's comment at Bullock was leading Hearst by the ear? Something like "the sheriff is removing many of our options" Which leads me to believe that Bullock unknowingly saved Hearst's life by arresting him. Maybe that was his (Hearst) plan all along - to be placed in protective custody.

cerberus
07-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Someone says "fuck" during the episode.

Honey
07-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I also loved that Dan called Turner, Captain Cuntface.

I've said that phrase for years.

(it's also used in "The Specials" with Thomas Haden Church and Rob Lowe)

Dan also called him the "Sea creature".

cochrane
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I just rewatched that episode and couldn't help think what must have been running through Dan's mind after he gave the Captain's that first hit across the back then turned to look up at Hearst:

"Nice day to go fuck yourself."

AuntiePam
07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Jim Beaver (Ellsworth) posted at TWOP (televisionwithoutpity.com) (post #347 in the Two-Headed Beast thread of the Deadwood forum) and explained his reaction in the scene with Alma.

No surprises, except to learn that another scene with the two of them was cut. Seeing it might have made Ellsworth's rejection of Alma's advances more clear.

Best Topics: ping me meaning home run sayings oldest mountains daktari stool broadway chorus dancers sale aluminum cans funeral viewing attire carpet installation lowes garrote watch monteagle grade swollen lash line fringe science theories shall should sasha alexandra porn fake cum original aragorn hukilau lyrics non bible the cats ass merthiolate mercurochrome locker room rush fedex shredding non vulgar insults maggots eating flesh pronounce stein rattling chains pentacostal women aerator cost my ruthschris pidgeon or pigeon soaking boots deodorant and kidney disease 14 year old wear thong once upon a time in mexico song speidel twist o flex watchband why does ibuprofen make me sleepy hello peter what's happening eyelash stuck under upper eyelid salad dressing vs mayonnaise last names starting with de 2002 vw jetta mpg metal cutting chainsaw chain talking heads wild life asian massage for women cash register with credit card swiper bubble bath for jacuzzi tubs can i freeze crab cakes why does susan collins shake ohio license plate sticker placement hp printer in an error state fonz sit on it mony mony get laid not coming to work my teeth are falling apart how to open a car trunk without a key leather couch is sticky can labs tell the difference between male and female urine difference between potato starch and cornstarch why do raspberries have hair 60 cotton 40 polyester shrink ground beef brown on outside pink inside palm tree native to florida