PDA

View Full Version : My father-in-law died

Bricker
07-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Hadn't posted too much about this, but my wife's father had been diagnosed with cancer. He had an operation about six weeks ago to remove the tumor, and was on a chemotherapy regime; his prognosis was very good.

Last night, while he was in the hospital for his second round of chemo, he suffered a fatal heart attack.

There was no hint of heart trouble before this. He wasn't even on a heart monitor. This came out of the blue.

Anyway, your prayers and good wishes are most certainly requested and appreciated, for the repose of the soul of a very good, very honest, and very admirable man, who raised two wonderful daughters and three great sons, and I was proud to be added as his fourth son.

freckafree
07-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Bricker, I am so sorry for your and your wife's loss.

swampbear
07-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Bricker I am so sorry. Your wife, her family and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Khadaji
07-20-2006, 08:26 AM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Sending supporting thoughts your way.

Ice Wolf
07-20-2006, 08:26 AM
My sympathies and condolences to you, your wife and the rest of the family, Bricker. :(

The King of Soup
07-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Please accept my sympathies, Bricker. May you and your wife be comforted by happy and loving memories of her father, and by the kind attentions of those who care for you. My father died some years ago of a heart attack, with no personal or familial history to foreshadow it, shortly after being proclaimed perfectly healthy by his doctor. To express one's feelings about the sheer brutal unfairness of such occurrences is to court either blasphemy or nihilism, so mostly we don't. Instead we challenge Fate by remembering, telling the stories, perhaps embellishing them a little so they might spread wider and longer, repeating old jokes and advice, furiously charging at and with our minds and hearts and tears and laughter defeating the attempts of an indifferent Universe to erase a person who loved, and was loved, and who therefore can never be destroyed.

Lissla Lissar
07-20-2006, 09:12 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers.

velvetjones
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm so sorry. My sympathies to you and yours.

Anaamika
07-20-2006, 09:41 AM
My sympathies to you and your lovely wife, Rick. A difficult time for all.

Missy2U
07-20-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your wife and family.

Shodan
07-20-2006, 10:31 AM
My prayers are with your wife, with you, and with all who knew your father-in-law.

May the souls of the faithful departed, thru the mercy of Christ, rest in peace.

Regards,
Shodan

lieu
07-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Really sorry to hear this, Bricker. If there's any truth to the notion that daughters look for in their husband what they see in there father, then his character is a testiment to your own. I understand the love one can have for an in-law, feel fortunate to have known that myself, and most heartedly empathize with your loss. May your reflections on his life be strong and lasting.

jsgoddess
07-20-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. The suddenness means you didn't have time to prepare, though there is the tiny consolation that he didn't have time to suffer.

Best wishes.

Zebra
07-20-2006, 01:18 PM
My sincere condolences to you and your family

iampunha
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM
My prayers are with your wife, with you, and with all who knew your father-in-law.

May the souls of the faithful departed, thru the mercy of Christ, rest in peace.

Regards,
Shodan

This seems almost an inappopriate time to say me too, but you've gone and said what can be said.

If the company he kept is any indication, his was a life well, fully and honorably lived.

iamthewalrus(:3=
07-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bricker. You, your wife, and the rest of your family are in my thoughts.

Zabali_Clawbane
07-20-2006, 05:32 PM
My sincere condolences to all who knew your FIL Bricker. Take care of yourselves. I'm sending you good thoughts, and hope you can find some peace in time.

Miller
07-20-2006, 06:27 PM
My condolences, Bricker.

Guinastasia
07-20-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm so sorry, Bricker.

gardentraveler
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

GT

Quartz
07-20-2006, 07:25 PM
My condolences. But don't just mourn his loss, celebrate his life.

delphica
07-20-2006, 08:09 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your father-in-law, I will be keeping your family in my prayers.

Rick
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I wish I knew words that would comfort your family right now. However, I don't think those words exist.
Your family is in my thoughts. Hold his memory dear.
I'm sorry for your loss Bricker.

Baker
07-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Bricker I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. And, as my mother always says at times like these, take care of yourself! Eat right, get some sleep. Things will be sad and you will need all the strength you can get to help.

Rysdad
07-21-2006, 12:14 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

Eliahna
07-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Anyway, your prayers and good wishes are most certainly requested and appreciated, for the repose of the soul of a very good, very honest, and very admirable man, who raised two wonderful daughters and three great sons, and I was proud to be added as his fourth son.

I am sorry for your loss. I can't help but think that a life was well-lived when the people you leave behind say something like the above about you. That single sentence speaks volumes.

Denis
07-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Sorry to hear it, Bricker. Condolences to you and yours.

Diogenes the Cynic
07-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Condolences, Bricker. It's nice to hear someone who has only GOOD things to say about an in-law.

zoogirl
07-21-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and your wife and to the rest of the family. I lost my MIL in February and all I can do is say I know how much you hurt. My sympathies.

Best Topics: mueller pasta recipes occultism documentary kosher candles 1000 megaton bomb chlo? sevigny bj afghanistan bananastan rolled coins viridian scam cat retarded pee shivers woman women with eyepatches autozone check alternator repeated lines bearer bonds mouse gallbladder famous overbites pork cat food 1970s variety shows cobra pit fridge air conditioner farina vs semolina can chloroform kill microwave beep ocean's 12 slow cranking engine plumbing stack leak spock sexy old yoyos smoking peanut skins heads high meaning fancy prostitute hiroshima vaporized elvira fake prostate electro stim negative, ghost rider 26x1.95 bike tire walmart alternatives to flowers for funeral passport parent place of birth city or state my favorite things christmas song see you later alligator after while crocodile poem is nunn bush a good brand does walgreens make copies of documents what is a tongue piercing used for saw what you did there t1-11 siding repair how to keep cats from peeing on carpet how to shine corian countertop does the microwave kill germs le figaro in english one pant leg rolled up meaning why do black people smell weird do window air conditioners pull air from outside ram vs cow headbutt cc to hp 2 stroke are ups and usps the same do toilets use electricity does gps work when phone is off what kind of stamps do i need car speakers stopped working all sudden old style beer review he that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind meaning do you wear underwear with swimming trunks what does hc road sign mean jeep grand cherokee transmission fluid check 3 prong oven cord at what temperature is celsius and fahrenheit the same how to fix a slippery wood floor