PDA

View Full Version : Stupid assholes, quit stealing my valve stem covers!

crazyjoe
08-31-2006, 11:47 PM
wtf? The shiny metal caps that go on the valve stems on your tires cost about 2 dollars at AutoZone...it's like stealing a fucking roll of pennies or some shit, especially when you only manage to take one.

But it means dirt and other shit can find its way into my valve stems, so knock it the fuck off.

Now I gotta go and buy new, nondesript black ones because stupid bastards are tkaing my shiny ones one at a time (and I didn't put the shiny ones on there, the place that put my new tires on did it)

GuanoLad
09-01-2006, 12:30 AM
This may be a stupid thought, but could it be some critter perpetrating the thievery? Maybe a magpie who likes shiny things? I don't know if they're clever or limber enough to unscrew them.

Cluricaun
09-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Hee hee hee, when I was around 11 or 12 stealing what we called "chromed caps" was the height of bad assedness. I used to have hundreds of them, for absolutely no reason. Two pretty much covered your bike, everything after that was just extra stupid gravy. Stop with the style on your valve stems and just get some black plastic $.02 cents a dozen ones and be done with it. Otherwise you'll forever be the victim of petty, super ultra petty, thieves the rest of your days.

Chew Barker
09-01-2006, 04:21 AM
when I was around 11 or 12 stealing what we called "chromed caps" was the height of bad assedness.
Same here, but we called the "metalies.

You could always do what I do now, drive round with your plastic dust caps and take your metalies to the office and trade. ;)

ParentalAdvisory
09-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Yep me too, we called 'em "Chromies".

crazyjoe
09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
You bastards. ;)

I will go get the cheap ones for 50 cents. It's what I had before I got new tires. I thought the new ones loked nice, though, even though I knew they'd last less than a week.

Kids will be kids and all that, but if I ever catch any of them, they're going to swallow all 4 of those things (or howeever many I have left). Dry.

Bryan Ekers
09-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Just dip 'em in superglue first.

gazpacho
09-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Google ads to the resuce. Locking chrome valve caps.
http://spin-caps.com

danceswithcats
09-01-2006, 07:07 PM
A drop of Loctite blue makes them unremovable without pliers. If you've opted for the nice fill through the cap style, you're good to go.

elmwood
09-03-2006, 08:35 PM
About 18 years ago, someone broke into my locked car, and stole the stereo and doorlock knobs. Really, that was all they took.

Lionne
09-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Try having to buy new wiper inserts every week because some asshat steals them from the blades. WHY??
A disadvantage to having a nice, common Toyota.

Best Topics: panties cheerleaders one eyebrow up cat licking nipple mailbox key cat hallucination no mas translation dominos policy girl dog anatomy demonstrative pronunciation 2000 cubic inches quake lan valerian cats mom's cousin wildebeest eating nonesuch mincemeat ingredients winning santana i love msg moose and squirel define intense lisa lopes nude 5e travel speed chapstick on nose statistical fonts stephen thaler dead salamander clariton overdose lorne armstrong interview long haired superheroes childfund scam seafoam scrubs fleischmann vodka review hide a car key but other than that how did you enjoy the play sanding polyurethane between coats why is green a primary color fixed wheel jogging strollers how do you spell exercise longest hail mary pass in nfl history average age of a 3rd grader biggest bra size you can get cheap trick surrender meaning it is better to be silent and be thought a fool what's the opposite of irony does styrofoam dissolve in water i can move my knee cap from side to side men in communal showers grate wall of fire grate why do i get a cold after working out baby and mirrors superstitions can employers find out your work history is a blown head gasket worth fixing ace hardware duplicate keys crossbow vs body armor my keyless remote wont work what is ball peen hammer used for which soda has the most carbonation aluminum foil which side touches food order schlage keys by number hitler's piano wire executions clay cat litter vs clumping litter what's the difference between decaf and regular coffee dog barks in the middle of the night pt cruiser oil light can you transport an upright freezer on its side borax or boric acid