PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR - Who used to drive car #28?

CJJ*
04-27-2007, 09:25 PM
My 3 yr. old son is a big racing fan, and he inherited a few matchbox-sized cars from a cousin who's outgrown this particular phase of his life...

Anyway, one of the cars is black with a slanted orange 28 and a Havoline sponsorship on the hood. My son asked me who drove the car, and I said it was Juan Montoya, since I know he has a big Havoline sponsorship today and drives a black car (the things we learn for our children...as you can tell, I could not care less about NASCAR).

However, I have since learned that Juan Pablo Montoya (http://nascar.com/drivers/dps/jmontoya00/cup/) currently drives the #42 car. I've looked thru number histories at the NASCAR website, but really don't recognize any of the drivers. Does anyone here know, based on my description above, who might have driven this car? I'm guessing the matchbox-sized car is 6-12 years old, and the driver obviously well-known enough to appear in toy car form...any help from a NASCAR fan would be appreciated.

Shagnasty
04-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I believe it is Robert Yates.

http://google.com/search?hl=en&q=Robert+Yates+27+havoline&btnG=Google+Search

flickster
04-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Ricky Rudd drove the #28 from 2000 - 2002

here's a link to the full 28 driver history (http://nascar.com/kyn/nbtn/cup/data/car/car_number_28.html)

mobo85
04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
#28 Havoline car
Ricky Rudd 2000-2002
Kenny Irwin 1998-1999
Ernie Ivan 1995-1997
Dale Jarrett 1995
Kenny Wallace 1994 (replacing Ivan)
Ernie Ivan 1993-1994 (nine races)
Lake Speed 1993 (three races)
Robby Gordon 1993 (one race)
Davey Allison 1987-1993

Sources: Wikipedia, official Havoline Racing website (texacohavoline42.com)

racer72
04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
#28 Havoline car
Ricky Rudd 2000-2002
Kenny Irwin 1998-1999
Ernie Ivan 1995-1997
Dale Jarrett 1995
Kenny Wallace 1994 (replacing Ivan)
Ernie Ivan 1993-1994 (nine races)
Lake Speed 1993 (three races)
Robby Gordon 1993 (one race)
Davey Allison 1987-1993

Sources: Wikipedia, official Havoline Racing website (texacohavoline42.com)
It's Ernie Irvan. He was known as Swervin' Irvan early in his career. His first 2 starts in Winston Cup racing were cars owned by Dale Earnhardt and sponsored by Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet.

mobo85
04-27-2007, 09:46 PM
My mistake. I'm not a NASCAR fan, either. Swervin' Irvan...I like that!

Best Topics: 700x38c bike tube dove eggs hatch average medieval height mice in furniture 2d dogs falsifiable statements charla rhines oak tag cbs reruns trimming bamboo rosebudding prolapse mcdonalds coke spoon sickly child castration sex drawing aid frequency doubled teen movie archive coffin shaped doubletree beds piano tuner costs replace ethernet port chromecast picasa spray bottle bleach is arugula spicy uncle enzo ringer's lactate d5w female mascots spanky means was noah albino unbiased america wiki car feelers can you digest plastic how to eat herring why do the back of your ears smell how cold is ice vietnam war helicopter song bank of america medallion guarantee what does apple cider taste like woody snake in my boot word total editing time average body temperature of a cat what happens if you drink sea water dr drew narcissism test where does dollar stores get their merchandise puerto rico or dominican republic murder she wrote meaning sudden bedwetting in 5 year old why do cats shake their tails brass in pocket meaning how to pronounce corps how many psi does it take to break a bone pie iesu domine, dona eis requiem overfilling engine oil by 1/2 quart what does monday mean how much do transition lenses cost at lenscrafters how to calculate percentage in calculator with percentage key girl next door personality how to cut wood veneer side effects of cpap pressure too high how much is a walnut tree worth difference between machine gun and assault rifle how to transport a cat cross country better to be silent and be thought a fool gym steam room etiquette knee brace over jeans was winston churchill an american citizen how much does mmi cost