PDA

View Full Version : The Five Best SNL Skits

Saint Cad
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Probably done ad nauseum, but what are the 5 best SNL skits you can remember? As much as I would love to have categories like Celebrity Jeopardy or anything by Alec Baldwin, I'm limiting myself to single skits. Videos included when I could find them.

1) Peter Boyle serenades his wife
I have no clue why Peter Boyle singing to his wife in honor of Valentine's Day while she makes out with the stranger next to her was so damn funny, but it was.
14 February 1976

2) Nick Winter Live at the Powder Room on Meatloaf Mountain
I'd love to see the Torch Snake Dance down Bear Run
28 January 1978

3) Ronald Reagan, Masterbrain (http://hulu.com/watch/4174/saturday-night-live-president-reagan-mastermind)
C'mon, part of you wants to believe Reagan was really like that
6 December 1986

4) Audition at Chippendales (http://tv.com/uservideos/?action=video_player&id=cXIyxWas5b4Kvj_W)
I never got the appeal of Chris Farley, but he and Swayze were hysterical.
27 October 1990

5) BOC: Behind the Music (http://funnyhub.com/videos/pages/videos/snl-more-cowbell.html)
Only Christopher Walken could have stolen that scene from Will Farrell
8 April 2000

Honorable Mention
Steve Martin dances with Gilda Radner
After battling cancer into remission, Gilda was denied a chance to host SNL because of a writer's strike. Later her cancer returned and she died on 20 May 1998. Due to the quirks of the universe, Steve Martin was hosting the season finale that night. This was his tribute to her.
22 April 1978
20 May 1989

Gangster Octopus
07-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Chevy Chase interviews Richard Pryor using racial slurs

Alec Baldwin's Shweaty Balls

Gumby has been shot!

William Shatner at the Star Trek Convention

silenus
07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Dan Ackroyd's Bass-O-Matic.

Chase/Pryor - "Dead honkie!"

The first appearance of the LandShark.

Eddie Murphy - "C-I-L-L. Cill my landlord."

John Belushi dancing on everybody's graves.

Baldwin
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
It's hard to decide what to exclude to make just five. "Night of the Masturbating Zombies", for instance, would have to be in my top ten, but probably not top five.

KneadToKnow
07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
1. The "candygram" Land Shark
2. Buh-Wheat Dead: America Mourns
3. Larry the Lobster call-in
4. Chase/Pryor job interview
5. Excedrin R.T. (for racial tension headaches)

Omi no Kami
07-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I can't remember who the actors involved were, but I once saw a sketch in which a black prisoner was brought before a parole committee and asked what he would do if freed. He responds by singing a song with the refrain "Gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whiteys I see", and the sheer randomness of the thing made it incredibly funny.

Sampiro
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Eddie Murphy as Tyrone Green in PROS & CONS (the "c-i-l-l my landlord" sketch)

Eddie Murphy in James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub Party

Christopher Guest/Martin Short training for the synchronized swimming as Olympic sport sketch

John Belushi visits the SNL castmates in the cemetery

Peter Cook casts Gigi at the state prison ("I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill every whitey I see!")

Of course any other time I'd probably name different ones.

Bill Door
07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I can't remember who the actors involved were, but I once saw a sketch in which a black prisoner was brought before a parole committee and asked what he would do if freed. He responds by singing a song with the refrain "Gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whiteys I see", and the sheer randomness of the thing made it incredibly funny.

I'm sure the actor singing was Garrett Morris. It was hilarious, and made more so by how well he sings. A very professional voice. The guy sings better than 90% of the lead singers you've heard on SNL.

lobotomyboy63
07-28-2008, 06:50 PM
"The Waltons Eat Their Young" will not be seen tonight so that we may bring you this special NBC presentation....

Too many to list but off the top of my head:

The Last Voyage of the Starship Enterprise (Aykroyd, Belushi, Chase, Elliott Gould).

Prose and Cons (Eddie Murphy..."I just hate whitey because he white. W...I...T...E. White!"

Toonces. IIRC John Goodman was hosting and Toonces was trying to type a note to tell him something. When he made mistakes and took out the whiteout, I about hurled.

Josh Ramsay, VD Caseworker. (Peter Fonda, Bill Murray, Laraine Newman).

The Church Lady interviews Sean Penn.

Belushi as Beethoven, busting into "Tie a Yellow Ribbon," then "What I say."

And of course, the Spartan Cheerleaders.
These don't exactly qualify as skits, but:

The Ambiguously Gay Duo.
Mr. Bill
Buckwheat Sings
Belushi does Joe Cocker

Great fake ad:

The Mercury Mistress
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h5sOCEUpGZI

Omi no Kami
07-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm sure the actor singing was Garrett Morris. It was hilarious, and made more so by how well he sings. A very professional voice. The guy sings better than 90% of the lead singers you've heard on SNL.

Aha, you're right! Garrett Morris it was (http://zippyvideos.com/2729220192504176/snl_-_get_me_a_shotgun/)

HelloKitty
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I am nostalgic for the 90's SNL casts:

Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

The Joe Pesci show when Alec Baldwin played DeNiro then the real DeNiro came by...!!

Wayne's World with Tom Hanks as a roadie for Aerosmith

The Sinatra Group

Church Chat with the Church Lady

RealityChuck
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I rarely watched SNL after the original cast left, so my choices are all from the first few years.

1. Slumber Party (Madeline Kahn, Gilda, Larraine & Jane discuss the facts of life).
2. The Last Voyage of the Starship Enterprise
3. Mighty Mouse theme with Andy Kaufman
4. All-Time Radio (Harry Shearer as a DJ on an all-time radio format "All time all the time")
5a. Planet of the Enormous Hooters (if it aired. The script is hilarious -- Raquel Welch being ridiculed because, on that world, she is ridiculously flat chested).
5b. Star Trek Convention (with Shatner).
).

KneadToKnow
07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I rarely watched SNL after the original cast left, so my choices are all from the first few years....

5b. Star Trek Convention (with Shatner).
).
FWIW, that one was from the mid-80s.

gaffa
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Aha, you're right! Garrett Morris it was (http://zippyvideos.com/2729220192504176/snl_-_get_me_a_shotgun/)
The host was Peter Cook as a director from the Royal Shakespeare Company casting a prison's play - "Gigi".

FriarTed
07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
No love for the teller of the Least-Loved Bedtime Stories, Mr. Mike?

Mr. Mike meets Uncle Remus.

Bryan Ekers
07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Wake up and Smile is a personal favourite.

want2know
07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
1. Christopher Walken as "The Continental"
2. Beach Blanket Bimbos from Outer Space--"Hi, this is Frankie, I'm Annette, and these are my breasts."
3. Lisa, Todd and the plumber
4. The Sinatra Group--"I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!" "
5. Martin Short and Christopher Guest in the 19th century men's prison.

pinkfreud
07-28-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm not very keen on Will Ferrell, but the "Janet Reno's Dance Party" skits were a hoot (especially the one that was visited by the real Janet Reno).

want2know
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not very keen on Will Ferrell, but the "Janet Reno's Dance Party" skits were a hoot (especially the one that was visited by the real Janet Reno).
Me neither, but if I had to add an honorable mention to my list, I'd go with "Morning Latte" with Ferrell and Cheri Oteri.

River Hippie
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
John Belushi was in a hospital bed, comatose. His wife and doctor make the decision to unplug him. Literally, pull the AC cord from the wall outlet. Just as they touch the plug Belushi jolts awake:

"Hey, you were gonna unplug me weren't you?"

Doc/wife: "Uh, no."

Went on for a while after that. Funny stuff.

Drain Bead
07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Here's a few I found memorable--maybe not the best ever (most of those have already been named, and Schweddy Balls tops that list) but the best I haven't seen in the thread yet.

1. Joe Montana as the creepy roommate who always says exactly what he's thinking.
2. Cameron Diaz on the kid's show Friendship Junction, featuring Freddy Friendship, Umberto Unity, Cathy Caring, and Katie Kindness, complete with initials on their t-shirts...
3. An opening sketch from during the 2000 presidential featuring an idea of what it would be like to watch Bush's first address to the nation. In it, they showed a map of the country, and the Mississippi Delta was completely flooded, along with half the Midwest, New York City was on fire, California was in the sea...it was remarkably prescient. And sadly, I'm one of the few people who remembers it. I'd love to get a .jpg of that map.
4. Oh, and Bad Idea Jeans! I think we could have a thread just for best commercials, though.

Hockey Monkey
07-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Colonel Angus (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/colonel-angus-comes-home/1006723244)

Cork Soakers (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/cork-soakers/620743372)

Debbie Downer (http://buzznet.com/tags/debbiedowner/video/)

Landshark (http://spike.com/video/saturday-night-live/2802070)

And Cheeburger Cheeburger which I can't find a link to.

longhair75
07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Samurai Night Fever

elelle
07-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm an early watcher, let SNL trail off in the later years.

Dan Ackroyd as Julia Child accidentally cutting herself (http://goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/SNL/FrenchChef.htm). Couldn't find a video, but there's the transcript of "The French Chef".

Also, Ackroyd as Irwin Mainway, hawking a fun kid's toy, "Bag-O-Glass"

And, of course, The Coneheads.

Boyo Jim
07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
I remember a late night talk show skit called "Women's problems".

It was Ackroyd, Belushi, Mr. Mike, annd maybe a couple of other guys being total sleazoids and discussing what's wrong with all their women.

When Belushi said (something like) "My wife can't have an orgasm", everyone agrees, and if you couldn't already figure it out, it became clear that these women's problems were these very same sleazy men.

tarragon918
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
There's over 30 years of sketches to choose from, how is it possible to select only five?! My personal favorites are from the early years ... maybe it was because the crew was mostly high or maybe because I was mostly high. :p

1. Landshark
2. Todd and Lisa
3. Roseanne Roseannadanna
4. Mr. Bill and his nemesis Sluggo

And finally, a sketch from the late 80s; I haven't seen it in years, but when it originally aired, I remember laughing so hard that I almost couldn't stop! It was when Leona Helmsly was in jail as was Zsa Zsa (for slapping the policeman in LA), and some other woman as well. The woman were all breaking out of jail ... I can't even recall most of the sketch, but I do recall that I was nearly rolling on the floor, literally, as I watched it. I think. :)

Thudlow Boink
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not claiming these are among the top five, but a few that haven't been mentioned yet that spring to mind as having made me laugh pretty hard, even though I haven't seen them in ages:

Nude House of Wacky People (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/89/89enude.phtml)

The Census Taker (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/99/99pcensus.phtml) sketch

The Stuart Smalley Daily Affirmations with Macaulay Culkin ("You know what? Chicken butt!")

The sketch set in Hell with Patrick Stuart as Satan and David Spade, Rob Schneider, and Norm MacDonald (at their sarcastic best) as his underlings.

Am I the only one who remembers these?

Baldwin
07-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Dan Aykroyd as "Fred Garvey: Male Prostitute". Wearing a truss.

MsWhich
07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh man, I loved Stuart Smalley. But my favorite was the one he did with Michael Jordan. "Michael... do you ever lie awake at night before a big game and think... I'm not going to make any baskets tomorrow... I'm not going to do a very good job on the basketball court." "Um... no, Stuart. Actually, I don't."

Along similar lines, the Chris Farley Show where he interviewed Paul McCartney:

Chris: "Um... do you remember... that time... when you were in the Beatles?"

Sir Paul: "Yes, Chris, actually, I do."

Chris: "That was AWESOME!!!!!"

Okay, but my top 5 picks:

1. Columbian Crystals, with Chris Farley. The tableau at the end, with Farley bellowing in rage while his wife weeps at his feet and the waitress cowers in fear, is just hysterical to me.

2. That skit where the teleprompter quits working on the morning talk show, and by the end, they're resorting to cannibalism.

3. "DEAD honkey."

4. The very recent fake commercial for Annuale, the birth control pill that gives you a period once a year. "Ladies, go buy yourselves a hat and hang the **** on to it."

5. That one debate skit between Bush and Gore. "Gentlemen, can you sum up your positions in one word?" Gore: "Lockbox." Bush: "Strategery!"

Ask me another day and I could probably come up with 5 totally different picks.

lobotomyboy63
07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Colonel Angus (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/colonel-angus-comes-home/1006723244)

There was a spoof on KFC, in the original cast: "Colonel Lingus chicken...it's lickin' good!"

DLuxN8R-13
07-28-2008, 11:48 PM
The one about Beatniks! That's my very favorite thing on SNL ever! It swas set in one of those poetry-panelled coffeeshops cum bongo basements like the one you saw on that one episode that every 60s sitcom did, the one that somehow involved the cool cat counterculture.

There was Steve Martin as a fey, beret-arrayed celebrity poet;

John Belushi was a hoot, playing a maniacal "hip comedian" who must have shot up a whole lot of speed in the cafe crapper just before going onstage to do a mile-a-minute monotone monologue of surreal and vaguely theatening nonsequiters;

the super-skinny chick from the original NRFPTP (what was her name?) played an interpretive dancer who looked more like of a hyperactive contortionist,

and Garrett Morris sat around not getting any dialog but looking very hip and cool indeed in his jazzman shades

--oh yeah and there was an MC who was all but wearing a HEY LOOK! I'M A POTHEAD! t-shirt, played by a non-memorable nobody, or somebody or other.

The next four run far distant seconds to that one, to my tastes anyway. But I still recall 'em occasionally with a self-enclosed chortle or chuckle:

Bat-O-Matic: like the Bass-O-Matic except redone for the nefarious needs of kitchen wizards and suburban sorcerors who want a potion that's in motion.

"THE BREAKFAST YOU BANG!"

John Belushi as an old fart dancing on everyone else in the cast's graves

Steve Martin (just before his sudden and startling explosion into irksome ubiquitousness for several years) singing the King Tut song (which was funny that one time, but then quickly so saturated the airwaves and the public awareness as to become noxiously, nauseatingly not-funny) on a stage set full of tacky Egyptian tchotchkees -- especially when the sax player pops out of the mummy case

Diogenes the Cynic
07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
5. Alec Baldwin molesting Canteen Boy
4. "More Cowbell"
3. Buckwheat is dead
2. The Bush/Clinton/Perot debate sketch with Carvey playing both Bush Sr. and Perot
1. I don't know how many people will remember this one, but my all time favorite is Dan Ackroyd (as a guest) playing Bob Dole during the 1988 Republican Primary in a Republican Debate sketch. I think it had Carvey as Bush, Al Franken doing a pretty good Pat Roberston, Mark McKinney as Steve Forbes and somebody or other (Nealon maybe?) playing Pierre "Pete" DuPont. The sketch basically consisted of Ackroyd's Dole ripping the other candidates to shreds.

"Your name is Pierre. Don't go around saying it's Pete when it's Pierre."
"I'll beat you with my one good arm, George Bush."
"Pat Robertson, you're an old revival show con artist from way back. I know it. You know it. The American people know it....if you want to impress me, why don't you reach out and heal my right arm, Pat Robertson."

It was a brilliant, tour de force by Ackroyd, but the others were good too. Ackroyd made Dole so likeable I almost wanted to vote for him.

Elendil's Heir
07-29-2008, 12:02 AM
4. The Sinatra Group--"I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!" "

Heh. I just quoted this in another thread (on best TV and movie insults).

Jeez, so many good skits already mentioned. I'd add:

1. Dan Ayckroyd as the lugubrious Leonard Pinth-Garnell, hosting "Bad Conceptual Theatre" or the like. "Deliciously bad!" he'd say, relishing its sheer awfulness.

2. Dan A. again, pitching the Bass-O-Matic. "Mmmm, that's good bass!"

3. Happy Fun Ball, with its ridiculously long list of disclaimers ("Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!")

4. Clownpenisfart.com, the website for the brokerage that was too late getting in on the Internet boom, so all the good names were taken.

5. The Swinging Czechoslovak Brothers (Steve Martin and Dan A.), on the prowl for "foxes with their big American breasts!"

Dunno why so much Dan Ayckroyd. He just makes me laugh!

psychobunny
07-29-2008, 12:20 AM
The one I always loved was the People's Court with Lovett as the devil suing the hairdresser who sold her soul to give better cuts. "Mr Mephistopheles, you may be the ruler of the Underworld, but I am the ruler in this courtroom!"

The Change Bank

Reagan is actually brilliant in secret

Star Tek Convention

Steve Martin's tribute to Gilda Radner

WarmNPrickly
07-29-2008, 01:00 AM
It'll take me awhile to think of the funniest skits, but the funniest fake commercial was Darnette Disposable Toilets (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/96/96itoilet.phtml).

Just follow these easy steps:

Shut off the main water valve and drain the tank. Using the elongated Johnson bar, pry off the toilet bowl and remove it free and clear. Remove the rubber washer and set it to one side. Youíll need it later. Clean up the remaining water that has come out of the trap, replace the wax ring, apply a one-quarter-inch bead of caulk. Lift the bowl high enough to clear the flange bolts, lower it so that the horn of the bowl enters the floor flange and the two bolts come up through the holes on the bottom of the bowl. Seat the toilet on the flange, then, using a Stilson wrench, reattach the feed pipe to the ballcock valve, turn back on the valve to the feed and the main, and voila! In three hours, youíve got yourself a new toilet. Itís that easy!

Thudlow Boink
07-29-2008, 01:18 AM
2. The Bush/Clinton/Perot debate sketch with Carvey playing both Bush Sr. and Perot
1. I don't know how many people will remember this one, but my all time favorite is Dan Ackroyd (as a guest) playing Bob Dole during the 1988 Republican Primary in a Republican Debate sketch. I think it had Carvey as Bush, Al Franken doing a pretty good Pat Roberston, Mark McKinney as Steve Forbes and somebody or other (Nealon maybe?) playing Pierre "Pete" DuPont. The sketch basically consisted of Ackroyd's Dole ripping the other candidates to shreds.

"Your name is Pierre. Don't go around saying it's Pete when it's Pierre."
"I'll beat you with my one good arm, George Bush."
"Pat Robertson, you're an old revival show con artist from way back. I know it. You know it. The American people know it....if you want to impress me, why don't you reach out and heal my right arm, Pat Robertson."

It was a brilliant, tour de force by Ackroyd, but the others were good too. Ackroyd made Dole so likeable I almost wanted to vote for him.I remember both of these (transcript of the Dole one here (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/87/87kdebate.phtml)); and I'm glad someone posted examples of some of the brilliant political humor (with wonderful performances) SNL has done. I also liked the Clarence Thomas hearings (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/91/91cthomas.phtml) sketch.

Sampiro
07-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Two alternates to the ones I've mentioned:

Jimmy Carter (Dan Akroyd) on a call-in show expertly talking a teenager down from an acid trip.

President Jimmy Carter: Peter, what did the acid look like?

Peter (on phone): They were these little orange pills.

President Jimmy Carter: Were they barrel shaped?

Peter (on phone): Uh.. yes.

President Jimmy Carter: Okay, right, you did some orange sunshine, Peter.

Peter (on phone): Very good of you to know that, sir.

President Jimmy Carter: How long ago did you take it, Peter?

Peter (on phone): Uh.. I don't know. I can't read my watch.

President Jimmy Carter: Alright, Peter, just listen. Everything is going to be fine. You're very high right now. You will probably be that way for about five more hours. Try taking some vitamin B complex, vitamin C complex.. if you have a beer, go ahead and drink it..

Peter (on phone): Okay..

President Jimmy Carter: Just remember you're a living organism on this planet, and you're very safe. You've just taken a heavy drug. Relax, stay inside and listen to some music, Okay? Do you have any Allman Brothers?

Peter (on phone): Yes, I do, sir. Everything is okay, huh Jimmy?

President Jimmy Carter: It sure is, Peter. You know, I'm against drug use myself, but I'm not going to lay that on you right now. Just mellow out the best you can, okay?

The yuppie couple who have to politely get rid of their unwanted houseguest Idi Amin (Garrett Morris).

Or, the episode in which Jimmy Carter is exposed to radiation and grows to 200 feet (so tall Rodney Dangerfield must explain how large he is to Rosalind ["I"m talkin' BIG! He could have an affair with the Lincoln tunnel!").

Annie-Xmas
07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Steve Martin dancing with Gilda Radner, and Steve Martin singing "King Tut." Best show ever.

Stunt Baby--They got more mail on that one than any other skit

Uncle Roy--Buck Henry as a rather nasty baby sitter

Gilda Radner being a little girl doing anything. Oh the talent.

Jane you ignorant slut.

ETA: Garrett Morris is a trained opera singer.

FriarTed
07-29-2008, 08:30 AM
To hell with "just 5"- here are great commercials alone

Bathroom Monkey

Big Red the Viking

Battle Cats

Roach Motel

Big Gulp Sanitary Napkins

"Philadelphia" (the movie) action figures

And I haven't even gone back to the original NRFPTP seasons.

SaharaTea
07-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Does it count as a skit? Dick In a Box.

Alec Baldwin's Schwetty Balls.

Phil Hartman as President Clinton in McDonalds.

Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney.

Lord and Lady Douchebag.

lobotomyboy63
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
I notice many dopers are struggling with the spelling of it, so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Aykroyd

Reading the above posts, I remembered the one where Aykroyd (as Jimmy Carter) goes into Three Mile Island to clean up. Garrett Morris (in drag) plays a cleaning woman he encounters while inside. Their kiss was hilarious.

JXJohns
07-29-2008, 09:44 AM
I'll second Dick In a Box, still makes me laugh now.

Another Justin Timberlake: "Soup There it Is"

Spartan Cheerleaders

Anything by Marty Culp and Bobbi Mohan-Culp

My favorite was prior to the 1992 Democratic Convention. It had several cast members playing as the Democratic hopefuls of the day. At that time, everyone "knew" that Bush Sr. had the election wrapped up, so in the skit every candidate got up and stated why they shouldn't be nominated.

Left Hand of Dorkness
07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
In general, SNL is best when they're doing politics, I think. My watching days are behind me now, so my favorites will be old:

-The Chase/Pryor interview.
-Happy Fun Ball
-It's a Floor Wax! It's a Dessert Topping!
-One that I can't remember any lines from, except that it starts off with spoiled milk and everyone wanting to try it to see how gross it is, and ends with everyone throwing themselves down the stairs to see how rickety they are. I refer to this skit more often than any other: it shows something fundamental about being human.
-Phone illiteracy. Something about its surprise ending cracked me up.

lobotomyboy63
07-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Just remembered a Billy Crystal bit. He and another cast member would talk about all these improbable scenarios. Something like,

A) The other night I took some razor blades..
B) ...and chewed on them for awhile?
A) Boy that smarts!
B) I hate it when that happens!

Funny shit!

MrBelding
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I think just about any episode of Celebrity Jeopardy should fit into this company. I especially like the one with Burt Reynolds and JOhn Travolta.

Sigmagirl
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Quien es mas macho?? Fernando Lamas o Ricardo Montalban?

Yorikke
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Jerry Seinfeld in "OZ" penitentiary

Cookie Dough Gatorade

Schwette Balls

Star Trek Convention

Oops I Crapped My Pants

Robot insurance

Ask me in 6 months, and I'd probably have different picks...

Joe

Dolores Reborn
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Sting stuck in the elevator with Dana Carvey playing a fan who can't help but sing Sting's songs to him. "Roxaaaannnne!" Funny stuff.

lobotomyboy63
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Quien es mas macho?? Fernando Lamas o Ricardo Montalban?

What was the bit about the two Latin singers taunting each other? IIRC Patrick Swayze and some cast member did it. One sang his "hit" titled "It Fell Out His Pant Leg" to the tune of Guantanamera and they'd sing innuendoes back and forth.

Matt Foley, motivational speaker
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ppN-Q4fCpoQ

Schmitt, the gay beer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lKTJrBR22Cw

Tommy Flannegan (sp?), Lovitz's habitual liar.

Diogenes the Cynic
07-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Speaking of Swayze, I think the Farley/Swayze Chippendale's sketch would have to be high on the list too.

Hockey Monkey
07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
:smack: I forgot Schwetty Balls! How could I forget Schwetty Balls?

control-z
07-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker, Van Down by the River

Consumer Probe or whatever, Dan Ackroyd defending unsafe toys

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger

The Haddaway guys, with Jim Carey riding along

Celebrity Jeopardy

Honarable mentions to Wayne's World, the Cheerleaders, and Toonces.

Horatio Hellpop
07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
1: Mel Gibson, OBGYN (w. Jon Lovitz)
2: Harry Potter (w. Lindsay Lohan)
3: Old French Whore (w. Garth Brooks; Tina Fey's first sketch, IIRC)
4: Baseball Wives (w. Derek Jeter: "Derek Jeter looks like The Rock had sex with a muppet!")
5: The Iguana (Tim Kazurinski, Mary Gross and Eddie Murphy)

sqweels
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
One of my favorites had Gary Busey playing a Buddy Holly-like character barred from palying rock-n-roll at a 50s high school dance.

Dan Akroyd as the stuffy principal: "...that would lead to dancing, and that would lead to sexual intercourse, and that would lead to beer!" (a phrase I often use to mock slippery slope arguments). Meanwhile Bill Murray spikes the punch bowl.

Bill Murray to Gilda Radner: "I wanna get something straight between us."

Jane Curtain as the clueless home ec teacher: "You friend is 'late'? Perhaps she should get an alarm clock."
Gilda (under her breath): "I'm knocked up, you dumb cow."

Another memorable bit had John Belishi as a latino lowrider: "Oh, I hate school, mon. All they teach you is chit...and chat."

Bosstone
07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Speaking of Swayze, I think the Farley/Swayze Chippendale's sketch would have to be high on the list too.Swayze really makes that one.

In no particular order, for me:
Farley/Swayze Chippendales
Pryor/Chase Interview
Walken Cowbell
Every Celebrity Jeopardy
One that hasn't been mentioned yet: Steve Martin and Bill Murray, What The Hell Is That? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ACB_Dwzkew4). Beautiful in its simplicity.

lobotomyboy63
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Bill Murray as Todd; Gilda Radner as Lisa Lupener. Buck Henry as Lisa's father.

Todd pulls Lisa's top open "Got any new developments? Hey, you ought to put something on those mosquito bites!"

Lisa's fantasy about having a date with "Barvin Hamblisch."

ETA: "Anthony Perkins was: Driven, drivendrivendriven, driven to school!"

Captain Amazing
07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Bad Idea Jeans

There's one with Sally Field as a housewife who prays for everything, and Jesus shows up and tells her to stop praying so much.

Stoid
07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Not the best, perhaps, but I always had a real soft spot for the two fey 17th century guys. Can't even remember what they were called, I think they were only on maybe three times. But they cracked me up.

Bosstone
07-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Not the best, perhaps, but I always had a real soft spot for the two fey 17th century guys. Can't even remember what they were called, I think they were only on maybe three times. But they cracked me up.Funnily enough, I just watched one of their skits. They were the president and chairman of the Norm MacDonald fan club, Lucian Callo and Fagan (http://hulu.com/watch/19178/saturday-night-live-the-norm-macdonald-fanclub).

Sampiro
07-29-2008, 01:55 PM
To hell with "just 5"- here are great commercials alone

Bathroom Monkey

Big Red the Viking

Battle Cats

Roach Motel

Big Gulp Sanitary Napkins

"Philadelphia" (the movie) action figures

And I haven't even gone back to the original NRFPTP seasons.

I'll add Chess for Girls (http://videosift.com/video/SNL-ad-Chess-for-Girls)

tarragon918
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Damn, I forgot Jon Lovitz as the Liar, "My wife, Morgan Fairchild!" Yes ... yes, that's the ticket! So much good stuff ...

Elendil's Heir
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Right you are.

CookingWithGas
07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Eddie Muprhy in "White Like Me"

Nudist colony: "Hey, nice penis you've got there"

Weirddave
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Steve Martin "The Death of Socrates"
Heather Locklear as the racist shopping network host "You couldn't buy it cheaper from a drunken Indian!"
Matthew Broderick at the nudest camp "Nice penis"
"Orgasm Guy",Rob Schneider cumming at almost everything
Red Ships of Spain

Sampiro
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Heather Locklear as the racist shopping network host "You couldn't buy it cheaper from a drunken Indian!"

An odd case of retro-recognition: that was Heather Locklear wasn't it? I also remember "If they say you can buy it cheaper than this then that's a bigger lie than the Holocaust!" What was funny was the terrified company rep with her who was mortified by her statements was Mike Myers, and I thought of that sketch during his Kanye West "George Bush does not care about black people" moment. I think he used the same expression.

WarmNPrickly
07-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I completely forgot about White Like Me. That was hillariuos. Here is a link (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=29149722). I've no idea how long the link will be good. I've noticed a lot of the SNL skits are taken off the web. Damned businesses wanting to get paid for there work.

control-z
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
I completely forgot about White Like Me. That was hillariuos. Here is a link (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=29149722). I've no idea how long the link will be good. I've noticed a lot of the SNL skits are taken off the web. Damned businesses wanting to get paid for there work.

A lot of them are on Hulu.com, a joint venture between Fox and NBC. (canines sleeping with birds, what has this world come to?)

Baldwin
07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Since we're including fake commercials, one of my favorites was the one for a brand of trapdoors.

There was also an ad for a prescription drug for hay fever or something, with a very long, bizarre list of side effects, including having visions of being taken in a boat across an underground river of blood, which then forms itself into the shape of "a hideous infant".

Remember Quarry, the breakfast cereal made from rocks and pebbles? "Better-tastin' 'cause it's mined!" I even remember the little song, about startin' your day off right, and the things that really matter:

Like swimmin' holes,
And brimmin' bowls
Of the cereal made. . . .from stone.

Elendil's Heir
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Colon Blow... and Super Colon Blow!

Warning: May cause rectal distention.

Sampiro
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
For the recent fake commercials my favorites are the salesman for "Mah-ble columns!" ("Your neighbors will say Jesus who live theah? The Pope?" and "Shan=dah-leeeeers! You like steak? Try eatin' it undah a chandelier!"

gonzomax
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Many conehead sketches
Samuri night fever Beluchi sketches
Aykroyds drool cup
Beluchis brother had a rap about golf that was hillarious

Boyo Jim
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Fernando's Corner: Remember, dahlings, it is much better to look good than to feel good.

Boyo Jim
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh yes, and the pet commercial for Puppy Uppers and Doggy Downers.

Nawth Chucka
07-29-2008, 05:00 PM
The Chris Farley interview show where Dennis Hopper was a guest -

Farley - "Do you remember when you were in Easy Rider?"

(Shows Easy Rider clip)

Hopper, bewildered, "No!"

Tim Meadows' Ladies Man always cracked me up when there would finally be something sexual he was disgusted by.

Nicole Kidman and Mike Meyers as kids on a playground. She's really very funny.

The floor wax that's also a dessert topping.

Peyton Manning as a basketball player who's afraid to go back out and play the other half of a game and has 'peed a little in' his pants.

emmaliminal
07-29-2008, 05:32 PM
People, you need to post more video links. I wasn't allowed to stay up late enough to watch SNL when it was good the first time, and I was too busy later.

CookingWithGas
07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Mr. Tea

Sampiro
07-29-2008, 07:11 PM
People, you need to post more video links. I wasn't allowed to stay up late enough to watch SNL when it was good the first time, and I was too busy later.

NBC's super protective of their copyrights. They left a garrison at YouTube and have stormtroopers who scour the Internet looking for clips that got away to shoot them in the stomach.

One I'd really like to see again but haven't seen in many years is the Desi Arnaz, Sr. episode: I remember loving it as a kid (especially the "I Love Lucy" prototypes like I Loathe Lucy, I Love Lettuce, etc.) but it doesn't seem to pop up in syndication.

Almost everything having to do with The Death of Buckwheat was fantastic, and more true today than then, but if it's cut into segments I'll nominate the profile on killer John David Stutts "THE MAN WHO SHOT BUCKWHEAT!"
Interviewee: "Oh yeah, I cut his hair from the time he was a little boy. So polite, such a sweet and wonderful kid. Quiet though.
Interviewer: Do you think he killed Buckwheat?
Interviewee: Oh yeah! It's all he ever talked about. Last week he asked for a haircut that he said needed to be the best he ever had, 'cause I wanna look good when I kill Buckwheat next week'.

The Andy Griffith sketch- MAYBERRY WENT BAD- where Ron Howard as Opie (now a former Green Beret) returns home to find his father dead (though he does appear in a Jor-El style cameo), Aunt Bea is a madam, Floyd is black ("Andy made me wear whiteface") and a smack dealer/sex emporium owner, Otis has upgraded to heroin, Gomer's out of the closet, etc.. Eddie Murphy as Floyd talking about how he "strung up that bitch Thelma Lou by her thumbs" to teach her a lesson is great, and Ron Howard made a great save when he flubbed a line.

The GOOD TIMES parody with Janet Jackson was great, but would have been better if they'd had a cameo by one or more of the actual cast members (it's not like Bernadette Stanis is too busy and I'm sure Ja'net DuBois would have gotten a huge ovation if she reprised Willona [who Janet/Penny played]).

There was also a FAMILY TIES sketch with Justine Bateman that was a perfect send-up of every flashback episode ever made by a sitcom seeking to fill a 24 minute episode with 5 minutes of dialogue and the rest with clips.

sqweels
07-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Mr. Tea
MR. AND MRS. 'T' BLOODY MARY MIX, FOO!! (That had Mr. T and Robin Duke done up as a white female version of Mr. T with mohawk and gold chains.)

Rich Hall as David Byrne of the Talking Heads:
"And you may ask yourself, 'Why such a big suit?'. And you may ask yourself, "Couldn't it be taken in a little?'".

Oh, and Tim Curry as Mick Jagger hosting his own variety show and french kissing 'Lambchop'.

GargoyleWB
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Fernando's Corner: Remember, dahlings, it is much better to look good than to feel good.

Especially the one with Hulk Hogan and Mr T as guests. Crystal wound them up into hysterics, I've rewatched it several times and it still cripples me with giggles.

control-z
07-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Here's a few good ones that I've been watching:

Spartan Cheerleaders at Chess Tournament (http://hulu.com/watch/4162/saturday-night-live-chess-tournament)

Wayne's World with Aerosmith (http://hulu.com/watch/4088/saturday-night-live-waynes-world-with-aerosmith#x-4,cClips,28)

Two A-Holes at a Nativity Scene (http://hulu.com/watch/19186/saturday-night-live-two-a-holes-in-a-live-nativity-scene)

Celebrity Jeopardy with Connery, French Stewart, and Reynolds (http://hulu.com/watch/12203/saturday-night-live-celebrity-jeopardy---stewart-reynolds-and-connery)

Elendil's Heir
07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Dennis Miller doing Weekend Update. God, I loved him (better still with Dana Carvey sitting right next to him, dressed identically and impersonating him).

Phil Hartman as the dotty old lady with about eight dozen cats who insisted on serving all of her visitors pancakes and syrup... covered in sticky fur.

John Belushi as the Samurai Tailor, scratching himself through his robes. And Belushi as Beethoven, morphing into Ray Charles with his wife and maid singing backup.

Thudlow Boink
07-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Phil Hartman as the dotty old lady with about eight dozen cats who insisted on serving all of her visitors pancakes and syrup... covered in sticky fur.Wasn't this Steve Martin, playing Chris Farley's (character's) grandma? Or am I thinking of a different sketch?

lobotomyboy63
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Bestiality on network TV? Woody Harrelson and a couple of cast members as cowboys riding along, singing to the cows.

"When her brown eyes get to blinkin', sometimes you'd swear she's winkin'
We're three very lonesome cowboys..."

Don't Call Me Shirley
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, etc...

Dana Carvey as Ross Perot: "Now, while we've all been standing around here yappin', the deficit's grown by half a billion dollars. That's enough to buy a new still and outhouse for every family in Little Rock."

Happy fun ball

This opening skit that nobody but me remembers, Dana Carvey doing Bush 41. He's trying to get people to buy American products to help the economy, and he shows several examples of good American-made products, including a toy dancing frog band that dances in response to sound. He puts the frog band on his desk and shifts gears to talk about some horrible tragedy that had happened recently, and sends his condolences to the victims. However, while he is doing this, the frog band is dancing to the sound of his voice. I still crack up whenever I think of it, but I've never met anyone else who remembers it.

Eddie Murphy in a rasta band singing "Kill the White People" at a Shriner's convention.

Beware of Doug
07-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Heh. I just quoted this in another thread (on best TV and movie insults).

Jeez, so many good skits already mentioned. I'd add:

1. Dan Ayckroyd as the lugubrious Leonard Pinth-Garnell, hosting "Bad Conceptual Theatre" or the like. "Deliciously bad!" he'd say, relishing its sheer awfulness.

2. Dan A. again, pitching the Bass-O-Matic. "Mmmm, that's good bass!"

3. Happy Fun Ball, with its ridiculously long list of disclaimers ("Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!")

4. Clownpenisfart.com, the website for the brokerage that was too late getting in on the Internet boom, so all the good names were taken.

5. The Swinging Czechoslovak Brothers (Steve Martin and Dan A.), on the prowl for "foxes with their big American breasts!"

Dunno why so much Dan Ayckroyd. He just makes me laugh!Hell yes. Danny and Chevy were my favorites of the Original Not Readies. When peole of a certain age get together and start with the ItWasNeverTheSameAgain-isms, those two guys are the ones I think of. Belushi may have had the Zeitgeist and early death on his side, but he wasn't the one I laughed the hardest at.

Thudlow Boink
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I still crack up whenever I think of it, but I've never met anyone else who remembers it.I remember it!

Alma
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
The "It's a Wonderful Life" lost ending!

Elendil's Heir
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
The "It's a Wonderful Life" lost ending!

Oh, God, yes. The angry mob beating the hell out of mean ol' Mr. Potter. Love it!

Elendil's Heir
07-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Wasn't this Steve Martin, playing Chris Farley's (character's) grandma? Or am I thinking of a different sketch?

I'm pretty sure it was Phil Hartman, but I could be wrong.

MsWhich
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh, I just remembered "The Anal Retentive Chef."

"Now, when you are finished chopping the carrot, place the trimmings in a brown paper bag. Fold the edge of the brown paper bag over exactly three times, being careful to crease the fold each time. Then staple the bag precisely in the middle - I like to use a ruler for this - and encase the entire thing in a Ziploc baggie. Then dispose of it in the trash. Wasn't that easy?! Oh, look, we're out of time."

I also liked the fake commercials for "What happens in Thailand, stays in Thailand" that culminated in Ben Affleck (I think?) asking if anyone wanted to buy a suitcase full of panda meat.

control-z
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Phil Hartman, but I could be wrong.

According to this page (http://snl.jt.org/ep.php?i=199112148), it was Steve Martin that played Grandma Pugga. Steve was hosting that week.

KneadToKnow
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Steve was hosting that week.
I'm glad you gave the link, because this really doesn't narrow it down much.

;)

Sampiro
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh, I just remembered "The Anal Retentive Chef."

My favorite of his appearances was when he was paired with John Goodman as a Cajun shelf. "I don't want no damn hat on my fishies!" and "Oh yes, we clear LEFT to RIGHT!" (as he knocked everything from the counter L to R).

pantheon
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Emily Litella "what? what?! oooh. nevermind."

White Trash Disaster Trailer "It smells like catfood and ass in here, somebody been having sex?"

Gilda Radner/Steve Martin- Let's talk dirty to the animals! (just Gilda here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0SVmQMPaLMQ)

another vote for Wake Up and Smile "I've taken the weatherman's head!"

Jay Mohr doing Christopher Walken talking about Skittles

Garth Brooks and Mango...

and so many, many more

joe bob jones
07-20-2011, 05:06 PM
O.J. telling Garrett Morris (who was in drag) "pleasure me you ebony wench", and then the two engaging in a passionate kiss. This was back before O.J. went bad.

Rob Schneider, copyrama, making copies, the copy meister.............

GargoyleWB
07-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Dick in a Box
The Continental (Christopher Walken)
King Tut (Steve Martin)
James Brown Hot Tub Party
Fernando's Hideaway with Hulk Hogan and Mr T guesting.

Gangster Octopus
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
That one sketch with all the zombies

TriPolar
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I'd have a hard time whittling it down to the top 50 much less the top 5. But up near the top will be Garret Morris doing Kill All the Whiteys, the Muppets, Jane You Ignorant Slut, the lost ending to It's a Wonderful Life, Tarzan/Tonto/Frankenstein skits, Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood, and the Republican Presidential debate with Dan Ackroyd playing Bob Dole.

ETA: Yeah, the one with the zombies too

RickJay
07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
"Something Smells Good In Stinkville."

The Second Stone
07-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Jingleheimer Junction. Glad it was a one-off.

Royale Deluxe Two fake ad.

Colonel Angus

A. Whitney Brown commentaries

Charlton Heston monologue: "get your filthy paws off of me you damn dirty apes" with cut to audience in ape masks. Still not sure it really happened.

PandaBear77
07-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Not in order of awesomeness:

1. Cowbell

2. Steve Martin and Gilda Radner dancing. That one just killed me!

3. "Love is a Dream" with Phil Hartman and Jan Hooks. (OMG I was SO sad when he was murdered!)

4. C-I-L-L my landlord

5. Landshark. This one gets quoted at my house about once a week.

HoboStew
07-20-2011, 08:35 PM
A. Whitney Brown commentariesI'm glad someone liked these. All I remember from them is Brown pausing after his jokes, waiting for laughter that wasn't there.

Ones that (I am pretty sure) haven't been mentioned:

1) Steve Martin's Christmas Wish
2) Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood
3) Schmitt's Gay beer
4) Colon Blow (annnnnd youuuuuuuuuuu! In the morrrrrrrning)
5) Chris Farley as the motivational speaker (DOWN BY THE RIVER)

blondebear
07-20-2011, 09:05 PM
It's been a looooong time since I've seen SNL...my choices will make that obvious. :p

In no particular order:

Cheeseburger Pepsi Chips
Steve Martin w/Keith Moon at the Holiday Inn
Samurai Deli
Shatner at the convention
Land Snark Shark.

Happy Lendervedder
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
1. Schwetty Balls
2. Colonel Angus
3. Coconut Bangers Ball: It's a Rap!
4. More Cowbell
5. Nice Penis!

Wow, I guess I kinda like the low-brow, potty humor.

handsomeharry
07-20-2011, 11:59 PM
1. Kirk's Greatest Kirks: Kirk Douglas makes an album of his impersonation of people impersonating him.
2. Chippendale
3. Campaign 92: The Race to Avoid Being the Guy to Lose to Bush
4. You Mock Me: with John Malkovich
5. Either 'Master Thespian' or 'Tales of Ribaldry' with John Lovitz

JohnT
07-21-2011, 12:31 AM
2. Cameron Diaz on the kid's show Friendship Junction, featuring Freddy Friendship, Umberto Unity, Cathy Caring, and Katie Kindness, complete with initials on their t-shirts...

Reminds me of one of my favorite skits... a fave character returns back to a "Barney" type show, except they've passed over the puberty line just a bit too much.

Wesley Clark
07-21-2011, 12:32 AM
So much of SNL was before my time. The only time period I really watched it was the early/mid 90s, I have only sporadically seen it since then.

The presidential debates were always good. I liked the 92 Clinton/Bush debates but can't find it right now.

http://hulu.com/watch/4117/saturday-night-live-george-bush-debate

I really liked the one where Lovitz and Hanks were at their 10 year HS reunion.

http://hulu.com/watch/4130/saturday-night-live-tenth-reunion#continuous_play=on

"She's a practicing lawyer and we're still living at home. I don't like our chances."

Also, the one with Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond on 'behind the music'. Also any impression of Adam Sandler by Jimmy Fallon

JohnT
07-21-2011, 12:53 AM
"The Chronic..."
"What?!"
"...cles of Narnia."

Adam Sandberg, Chris Parnell in the "Lazy Sunday" digital short. Funny, funny stuff.

http://funnyhub.com/videos/pages/SNL-lazy-sunday-narnia.html

Quint
07-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Don't think anyone has mentioned Bill Murray in Il Returno de Hercules. Loved that one.

cochrane
07-21-2011, 02:41 AM
I know it was already mentioned, but here's a video of the Lord and Lady Douchebag skit. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=H61agOWWNE0) That's Harry Shearer playing Lord Salisbury, Bill Murray as the Earl of Sandwich, and Buck Henry as Lord Douchebag.

wedgehed
07-21-2011, 09:16 AM
1) Claudine Longet Invitational Ski Shoot

2) Beatles Reunion Offer

3) any Jeopardy skit

4) Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood

5) Velvet Jones School of Technology (http://youtube.com/watch?v=4RrQ4FWjijI)

Quercus
07-21-2011, 10:36 AM
WTF? A thread from early 2008 about the best SNL skits was re-opened, and NOT to add The Palin Rap (http://nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/update-palin-rap/1156951/) to the top of the list?

What is wrong with you people?

("I wanna F*** your mother" might also make the updated list, though probably as a runner-up, rather than top-5)

HoboStew
07-21-2011, 01:27 PM
WTF? A thread from early 2008 about the best SNL skits was re-opened, and NOT to add The Palin Rap (http://nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/update-palin-rap/1156951/) to the top of the list?Speaking of SNL raps - the Natalie Portman rap (http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUJIPzgxkfE) is classic.

ChechenFlower
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I am probably going to get castigated for naming a recent skit, but I really enjoyed the last time Jim Carrey was on SNL. I have only seen the show a few times because I don't own a TV.

The skit where he is the black swan made me cry a little. So funny!

HoboStew
07-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I am probably going to get castigated for naming a recent skit, but I really enjoyed the last time Jim Carrey was on SNL.No castigation here. I LOVED the merryville brothers sketch. Their impression of animatronic robots was amazing!

http://nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amusement-park-ride/1268837/

fjs1fs
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Just remembered a Billy Crystal bit. He and another cast member would talk about all these improbable scenarios. Something like,

A) The other night I took some razor blades..
B) ...and chewed on them for awhile?
A) Boy that smarts!
B) I hate it when that happens!

Funny shit!

"Frankie and Willy" I think they were. Billy Crystal and Christopher Guest. Consistently hilarious!

Voluble
07-24-2011, 03:06 PM
The Natalie Portman interview where she appears all prim and proper until they start showing cuts of her rap video. Not much of the newer stuff is funny but that was pretty good.

LateComer
07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Michael Jordan as the The First Black Harlem Globetrotter (http://tv.com/saturday-night-live/michael-jordan-public-enemy/episode/93030/recap.html?tag=episode_recap;recap)

Taomist
07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
How about The 5 Best SNL skits...With Lesbians!
That's my sequential thread at the moment. :p

etv78
07-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Not a skit, but sweet conversation:

Michaels: "Can we still be funny?"
Guiliani: "Why start now?"

Obviously from the 2001 season premiere, weeks after 9/11.

Sailboat
07-25-2011, 11:42 AM
The Adventures of Miles Cowperthwaite aboard the Raging Queen (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78rcowperthwaite.phtml).

Best Topics: freezing panera bagels slow as molasses shogun mariko three eighty dte mileage aspirin ld50 weenus wikipedia hemnes desk reviews wedo spanish freemason cost vladimir ilyushin opie meaning pontius pilate pronunciation chinchilla or hedgehog toenail picking castor granules euphemism for peeing sugar in toothpaste conceptual drawings driving through puddle sex red wings destructive device license gypsies scam sara lee slogan uf capacitor define obviates massachusetts liquor id normal belt buckle cut skin tag concrete apartment hepa filters asbestos visigoth surnames define snert modern polymath three lightning bolts castellated nut what time does usps pick up mail from mailboxes jack in the box viagra commercial what to do when you don't have a phone why do some farts feel hot bacon number charlize theron bigger or smaller tires for gas mileage baron harkonnen heart plug salsa made in new york city how to export data from survey monkey without paying robert kennedy jr voice problem what noise does a shark make when will easter be on march 24 busy signal when calling cell phone song that goes no no no flight of the conchords coco how to use sugar cane how to run from the police 2001 honda accord d4 flashing propane tank safety valve stuck why does aspirin smell like vinegar cleveland hopkins airport pick up what do you call a woman with one leg why does blood smell like copper running engine without oil mark lee (actor) what happens if you drink a lot of nyquil us post office general delivery gilbert gottfried aristocrats explained is hinduism older than judaism think about it think again seinfeld