PDA

View Full Version : How do sites like "Celebrity Movie Archive" stay in business?

Mr Shine
11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
celebritymoviearchive.com and others make money by selling copyrighted clips. They do it quite openly, and have many clips I'm sure the legal owners would like taken down. How do they manage to keep those clips up without trouble?

YamatoTwinkie
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't know if Fair Use (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use) is justified. Often sites will try to pass off their content as "criticism."

Little Nemo
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
I asked this same question a couple of months back (How do websites like Mr Skin stay in business? (http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/showthread.php?t=477377)). Toadspittle provided a link to an article that showed that the studios apparently accept this as a form of publicity for the films.

Best Topics: inheritance loan fees grav3yardgirl annoying caterpillar sex celtic united gallium hazards modern flamethrower plexiglass fences safeway sushi pimp image woodchucks geico commercial inflamed tastebud kinkos scan smoking inside house white fubus isotope test freud debunked doors swinging open 1040 occupation reduce symbol dvo??k pronounce viking slogan distance eyeglasses spider plant cats cats and peanuts insurance compliance mva crab lungs basenji shedding quentin dean wiki strong locks howard hughes trial guy de lombard sipping liquors train movies for kids burping food hours after eating poured concrete vs pavers michael nesmith joanne meaning johnny cash eating cake in a bush poster captain jack lyrics meaning how to get a steroid prescription killing shrub roots with salt does austria have a navy grinding cooked meat in food processor its hotter than jokes how to clean slides before scanning them does applesauce go bad was thomas jefferson a liberal propulsion in a vacuum big rhonda that 70s show occupancy sensor for led lighting buying a weeping willow tree driving with both feet how do you pronounce sauna do you staple w2 to 1040 10 million dollars in cash you and the horse you rode in on what to wear to fogo de chao ive said my peace does breastfeeding turn a woman on cellulitis swelling not going down rabies shots in stomach lone biker of the apocalypse fucking in a library does the usps work on sunday