PDA

View Full Version : Who's a Pedophile?

mswas
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM
This is to all the parents with young children.

Who on children's TV shows would you call the cops on if you saw him at the playground?

I am going to go with Steve from Stevesongs (http://stevesongs.com/). He not only seems like a pedophile but strikes me as an ANGRY pedophile.

BrotherCadfael
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
The guy who does the old toys on Antiques Roadshow. Heavyset, pony tail, handlebar mustache. Perv City.

bleu ewe
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Nobody say Captain Kangaroo!

MyFootsZZZ
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I was watching some old Mickey Mouse Club clips... I kind of wondered if people these days just hold back in there enthusiasm to be with children, and are too ridged; or if these Mouseketeers were perverts. I would hear people, (jokingly), say stuff about Mr. Rogers... I truly think it's sad that there's so many perverts out there, that it makes people more weary of primarily men, but women too, who just love children.

mswas
05-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't think there really are so many perverts out there. We just think there are more because the media celebrates the ones that exist. But then maybe I'm wrong maybe there are a ton.

Skald the Rhymer
05-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Nobody say Captain Kangaroo!

:: pumps shotgun ::

Don't worry, bleu ewe. I'm read to pepper anybody who does with buckshot. Also anybody who says Mr. Rogers.

MyFootsZZZ
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
I really don't know. Hope you're right. I do think there are a LOT of pervs out there though.

One of the "To Catch a Predator", they had one of the "predators" come in with his cloths off... just for the cameras. That's sending a completely mixed message.

Skald the Rhymer
05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I really don't know. Hope you're right. I do think there are a LOT of pervs out there though.

One of the "To Catch a Predator", they had one of the "predators" come in with his cloths off... just for the cameras. That's sending a completely mixed message.

Well, of course there are lots of pervs. There aer 300 million people in the United States. But a better question is how common are pervs; what is the density of pervs.

MyFootsZZZ
05-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Well, of course there are lots of pervs. There aer 300 million people in the United States. But a better question is how common are pervs; what is the density of pervs.

Define; "Pervert"

I don't know... I get a lot of sex offender notices. Hear a lot of storries that are otherwise kept secret

Skald the Rhymer
05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Define; "Pervert"

That is, of course, part of the problem. A 19-year-old who has an sex with a 16-year-old is hardly a pedophile but may easily be in the sex offender registry.

MyFootsZZZ
05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree, I was even going to bring that up in one post, but didn't want to derail the thread with a long post that had little to do with the OP.

Scumpup
05-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Every last one of the cereal mascots. They all hang around kids proferring sweets. Many of them are known to be liars or have mental illnesses. I particularly don't trust that goddamned Cap'n Crunch. When I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's the molesting SOB regularly put to sea in a ship crewed by nothing but kids. Was there a Mrs. Crunch? No. The only other adult around was the equally skeevy Jean LaFoot...a goddamned pirate! We all know about pirates and their sodomy, too.

Eutychus
05-20-2009, 12:35 PM
All of the Wiggles.

And don't get me started on Captain Feathersword.

kunilou
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I was watching some old Mickey Mouse Club clips... I kind of wondered if people these days just hold back in there enthusiasm to be with children, and are too ridged; or if these Mouseketeers were perverts. I would hear people, (jokingly), say stuff about Mr. Rogers... I truly think it's sad that there's so many perverts out there, that it makes people more weary of primarily men, but women too, who just love children.

HEY!!!! I grew up with the original Mouseketeers. Don't be talkin' no smack.

It is sort of sad, though, that people see an adult (particularly an adult male) with kids and immediately think "pervert." According to the Mouseketeers themselves (even the ones who wound up bitter) Jimmy Dodd (the adult leader) was completely sincere abput wanting to be a good role model and helping kids grow up right, and Roy was a good-natured old guy who kept them entertained with hokey stories and balloon tricks.

That said, I wouldn't let my kids spend the day in Pee Wee's Playhouse. Not because I think Pee Wee (the character) would try anything weird, but because he would be busy talking to the furniture while a fire broke out.

middleman
05-20-2009, 12:48 PM
On Elmo, there are two brothers named Mr. Noodle. Pervs if I've ever seen one!

Keep your "noodle" away from my kids....PERVS!

Eutychus
05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Roy was a good-natured old guy who kept them entertained with hokey stories and balloon tricks.

Well ... sometimes ... (https://academicpursuits.us/columns/read/1685/what-was-that-old-guy-roy-doing-on-the-mickey-mouse-club-tv-show)

Scumpup
05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Cornelius C. Sugarcoat was another kiddie-diddling cereal shill. His name even sounds like a euphemism for anal sex.

...and the Freakies? Well, I think we'd better not even start down that road; this is supposed to be a decent work-safe board.

drastic_quench
05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
This is to all the parents with young children.

Who on children's TV shows would you call the cops on if you saw him at the playground?

I am going to go with Steve from Stevesongs (http://stevesongs.com/). He not only seems like a pedophile but strikes me as an ANGRY pedophile.

Heh, Steve. That guy sucks, and they always sandwich him in right before Sesame Street. I don't want my kids seeing that. He's like the result of someone subtracting all the verve, originality, and edge away from Shel Silverstein.

TruCelt
05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
The Imagination Movers - all of them; especially the ponytail girl.

And Johnny from Johnny and the Sprites - I actually turn this one off, I cna't watch him.

Anthony Wiggle, yes, Wags, Def, Henry the Octopus, absolutely (scarier than Jaws!) but Jeff and Murray are OK I think.

And Mr. GreenJeans. There, I said it!

Sr Siete
05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think there really are so many perverts out there. We just think there are more because the media celebrates the ones that exist. But then maybe I'm wrong maybe there are a ton.

Hang around the internet for a while, and you will start feeling like part of a minority.

kunilou
05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Well ... sometimes ... (https://academicpursuits.us/columns/read/1685/what-was-that-old-guy-roy-doing-on-the-mickey-mouse-club-tv-show)

Okay. Dirty stories and balloon tricks. But no touching.

mswas
05-20-2009, 02:37 PM
All of the Wiggles.

And don't get me started on Captain Feathersword.

Totally Captain Feathersword, without a fucking doubt!

But not Greg, surely not Greg! Sam I'll give you, but not Greg!

mswas
05-20-2009, 02:40 PM
The Imagination Movers - all of them; especially the ponytail girl.

Oh come on! Not Nina! Knit Knots maybe but not Nina!

And Johnny from Johnny and the Sprites - I actually turn this one off, I cna't watch him.

That's possible. Have you perchance seen either Yo Gabba Gabba or The Doodlebops? Oh man those shows creep me out, but NONE more than the Doodlebops!

Anthony Wiggle, yes, Wags, Def, Henry the Octopus, absolutely (scarier than Jaws!) but Jeff and Murray are OK I think.

Henry the Octopus has the worst taste in clothes, that suit is like mindrape, he doesn't even need intent in that case! You may have a point about Anthony, I'm not sure I'd leave Jeff out but Murray is probably ok. But as I said, not Greg!

Guinastasia
05-20-2009, 02:42 PM
What, no mention of Barney? Or the Teletubbies?

kbear
05-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Perhaps only Canadians over 40 will remember Uncle Bobby but I wasn't long out of childhood when I thought that with the long grey hair combed back and the schlumpy sweater (not to mention the sidekick called Bimbo the Birthday Clown!) he gave off a pretty significant perv vibe to me.

Shirley Ujest
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Barney is the very definition of Perv Central.

The kids on that show look like they've been traumatized into a perpetual Perky STATE by a big purple wang.

Wiggles are not pervy.

Steve from Blue's Clues is totally pervy.

BigT
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I find it very strange that a lot of you are picking people who never interact with children on their shows. How the heck can you tell if someone is a pedophile if you never actually see them around children?

Carl Corey
05-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Well, it's not a kid's show but. . .

The guy in the ads for Empire Carpet.

Empire: TODAY!

Yeek.

Peter Morris
05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Captain Birdseye (http://youtube.com/watch?v=lklk5TYBAAI)

h.sapiens
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
All of the Banana Splits.

Cisco
05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Pretty much all of them, but Mr. Rogers was by far the worst.

mswas
05-20-2009, 04:19 PM
What, no mention of Barney? Or the Teletubbies?

I worked for the creator of Barney once, I got fired because I couldn't resist asking, "How do you feel that your creation is so reviled by so many people?"

Jettboy
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
...Have you perchance seen Yo Gabba Gabba...

Definate perv-o. I mean, c'mon, one of his 'buddies' is a giant, orange French Tickler.

http://funnygarbage.com/flog/uploads/yoGabbaGabba.jpg

mswas
05-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Definate perv-o. I mean, c'mon, one of his 'buddies' is a giant, orange French Tickler.

yeah, with ONE FREAKING EYE!!!

Mosier
05-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh come on! Not Nina! Knit Knots maybe but not Nina!

That's possible. Have you perchance seen either Yo Gabba Gabba or The Doodlebops? Oh man those shows creep me out, but NONE more than the Doodlebops!

Henry the Octopus has the worst taste in clothes, that suit is like mindrape, he doesn't even need intent in that case! You may have a point about Anthony, I'm not sure I'd leave Jeff out but Murray is probably ok. But as I said, not Greg!

You guys are nuts. If any of the wiggles are pervs, it's Murray.

Ichini Sanshigo
05-20-2009, 07:08 PM

http://funnygarbage.com/flog/uploads/yoGabbaGabba.jpg

Oh My God! What the hell is a giant vibrator doing on a kid's show? What si this monstrosity!?

mobo85
05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Why does Sportacus live on a giant blimp hovering over a city in which only seven people seem to live, five of those being children? He claims to be making them healthier. I say otherwise.

Shirley Ujest
05-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Bozo the Clown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozo_the_clown) always weirded me out as a kid, and I am not scared of clowns.

mswas
05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
You guys are nuts. If any of the wiggles are pervs, it's Murray.

My wife says that he hides in plain sight without a moustache. Give him a moustache and total pedo!

JSexton
05-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Why does Sportacus live on a giant blimp hovering over a city in which only seven people seem to live, five of those being children? He claims to be making them healthier. I say otherwise.

THANK YOU. My wife doesn't see it, but I'm glad I'm not alone. That guy is mega-creepy.

Hippy Hollow
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Going old-school here, but I would not let my kid near Slim Goodbody (http://slimgoodbody.com/about/). That unitard was a little too tight, knowwhatimsayin'?

Zakalwe
05-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh come on! Not Nina! Knit Knots maybe but not Nina!Actually, I think Nina is perverse. Okay, not so much think as hope. Okay, not so much...

You know what? Carry on.

I'll be in my bunk.

FriarTed
05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Not a kids host, but with his pencil-thin mustache, John Waters SO looks like one.

A friend of mine swore that Robert Trebor (Salmonius the merchant on Xena & Hercules) just HAD to be. So much so that when he disappeared from the shows, I did a search to make sure he wasn't in jail.

Half Man Half Wit
05-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Phew, I thought this thread would be about some new reality show. Perhaps some MTV-dating stuff, like the one where the girl has to chose who's her date between a gay guy, a straight guy in a relationship, and an available straight guy. "I'm sorry, but I'm actually only into little boys, really."

On topic, though, at least rumour has it that this guy (http://youtube.com/watch?v=74dWyDw6Bxk) (YouTube link) used to be some (kids?) TV personality.

Tristan
05-22-2009, 08:46 AM
I have to defend Capt. Feathersword, because in a DVD we have, he corpses on stage during one of their bits because of a sound effect that sounds REMARKABLY like someone peeing.

I crack up everytime I see that bit.

re: The OP... hmmmm.... Captain Planet.

Jack Batty
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I play this game in real life. Whenever I walk down the street, I mentally label each person I see in one of several deviant/dangerous categories.

He's a child molester ... she's a serial killer ... that guy, definitely an international spy ... that one over there just buried his wife under his floor boards ... and that one has to be a assassin if I've ever seen one.

But for my money, per the OP, I gotta go with Mr. Rogers too. I mean, he spends all that time capping VC in the Nam ... it has to fuck you up.

MyFootsZZZ
05-22-2009, 09:30 AM
On topic, though, at least rumour has it that this guy (http://youtube.com/watch?v=74dWyDw6Bxk) (YouTube link) used to be some (kids?) TV personality.

What - THE HELL!?

That is one feaky dude! But at least he has good taste in TV:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOx-gqoB2Nw&feature=related

mswas
05-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Actually, I think Nina is perverse. Okay, not so much think as hope. Okay, not so much...

You know what? Carry on.

I'll be in my bunk.

Heh well she might be a freak but I doubt she's a pedo. ;)

Best Topics: kyrie e what's a fluffer despair sandman gatorade and vodka nihilism reddit farfegnugen definition matlab log2 lying to meps cartman speaks german cancer pun rbox tv reviews city rhyme whistling bombs expired peanuts meta storm slumming definition yeast for cider 00 100 check money briefcase semolina farina porch rail height flights stairs define no mas stalingrad fountain 120mb data acrylic shower door tenor songs pop 3x5 card printer big booger sunbeam alkaline batteries too much novacaine overly muscular what does mamacita means can i cash out part of my 401k and rollover the rest largest landlocked harbor in the world contact lens suction cup for soft lenses lightning rods for houses boycott china animal cruelty how to open a file cabinet without key can you plagiarize yourself is pizza left out overnight ok to eat rudolph the red nosed reindeer like a light bulb british shillings to dollars automatic transmission sports car picking a filing cabinet lock learn to play hockey adults where does the saying sleep tight come from does usps still deliver on saturday confirmation gift for adult most consecutive foul balls dick in the mashed potatos car alarm wont stop beeping what is navy ocs like verizon charges in puerto rico where did pig latin originate do fake boobs float can you swallow cocaine dead bat in house can i rent a hotel room for 2 hours bar leaks radiator stop leak reviews what is volume leveling in windows media player are 4 cylinder cars good why are wheels useful for moving heavy objects?