PDA

View Full Version : Guys: Boxers or Briefs

HeyHomie
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Short and to the point.

I wear briefs. I've tried boxers, and it resulted in bunched-up nuts, and lots of flopping. :eek: No thank you.

Zeriel
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Briefs, same reason as you. I prefer the boys stay where I put 'em.

UncleRojelio
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Since I discovered Hanes® TAGLESS® Men's Boxer Briefs with ComfortSoft® Waistband --- only those. ( I would have posted the link but the picture there was borderline NSFW.)

Hari Seldon
11-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Curious fact. My father wore boxers all his life. I didn't like them, but didn't even know till I was in HS that briefs existed and, since then have never put on boxers, same reason as HeyHomie. But my two sons wear only boxers! I don't understand it.

pravnik
11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Vaires. Most of the time, cotton boxers. In the gym, polyester/lycra boxer-briefs.

JiveCoolie
11-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Boxers since way back. I like floppin around.

A buddy answered "both". I figured he meant boxer-briefs, but nope. He wears briefs "for support" and boxers over "for style". He's a weirdo, and after hearing this, I told him so.

minlokwat
11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Not “It varies” but “Depends” --for more comedic punch.

As in, “Do you wear boxers or briefs?”
“Depends.”

This joke doesn’t have to be explained does it?

JiveCoolie
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I laughed.

Trom
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Varies.

Boxers or boxer-briefs. Never briefs.

Hypno-Toad
11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I put boxer-briefs since they're the most comfortable and top preference. But if I'm going out for dinner or some such, I'll wear boxers.

LouisB
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Boxer Briefs. Gotta be Boxer Briefs. I never did like boxers and I'm too damned old for briefs.

MovieMogul
11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Boxer Briefs. Gotta be Boxer Briefs. I never did like boxers and I'm too damned old for briefs.Ditto. The best of both worlds.

corkboard
11-05-2009, 01:57 PM
When I wear anything, it's boxers. I don't care much one way or the other, except I hate tighty-whiteys, so since my wife prefers boxers if I'm going to wear underwear, that's what she buys me.

I had a girlfriend who called boxers "old man underwear" and wanted me to wear those tiny Euro-style nutsacks because she liked the way the junk hung in them. I obliged her.

I only wear undies for work, which I guess doesn't make much sense since I'm in an office, but I consider it part of my work "outfit". The rest of my life, I go free-ballin'.

KneadToKnow
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I was a died-in-the-wool briefs guy until I started dating my current girlfriend. She likes being able to reach in there and have room to rustle around a bit.

Lightnin'
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
"Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual."

I prefer boxers... if only because if I need to run the garbage out to the curb, I can easily claim they're shorts.

control-z
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Boxers. It's fun going down stairs. Easy access. Cooler.

shiftless
11-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Tighty-whities all the way. The few times I've tried boxers it feels exactly like the times I've worn sweatpants over top of shorts. Too bulky and too floppy. Besides, state law requires loads above a certain standard size and weight be restrained during transit.

HeyHomie
11-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I had a girlfriend who ... wanted me to wear those tiny Euro-style nutsacks because she liked the way the junk hung in them.

I should have added an option for Banana-hammock. :smack:

Zeriel
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Besides, state law requires loads above a certain standard size and weight be restrained during transit.

*applause* Well played.

Skammer
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Boxers since college, but in the last few months I've been gradually switching to boxer-briefs because of the bunching.

Nars Glinley
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Since I discovered Hanes® TAGLESS® Men's Boxer Briefs with ComfortSoft® Waistband --- only those. ( I would have posted the link but the picture there was borderline NSFW.)

These are the best. I wear boxers too.

kasuo
11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I cycled from tight-whities to boxers and now boxer-briefs. One day I'll reach the ever-intimidating bikini thong.

corkboard
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Boxers. It's fun going down stairs. Easy access. Cooler.

Ummmm.... huh?

bup
11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Usually boxers, because my wife prefers them. I have boxer-briefs for when I'm going to bike a long way, or walk around outdoors for hours on end when it's 90 degrees, or any similar situation where my in-betweenus needs to have help not chafing.

control-z
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Ummmm.... huh?

I don't know, the junk bounces around, reminds you it's there, it's a party in my pants!

Qin Shi Huangdi
11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Briefs!

The Flying Dutchman
11-05-2009, 09:52 PM
What the hell is "commando" ?

Unintentionally Blank
11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Boxer Briefs. For awhile in my early 30's <sob> I was really into biking and they were the only things that were comfortable with my legs being as developed as they were. Well...I didn't like briefs, and boxers constricted around the legs.

Valgard
11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Boxer briefs from Jockey.

Valgard
11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
What the hell is "commando" ?

No shorts at all.

racer72
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Mid rise bikini briefs. Thinner and much lighter than regular briefs and no wide elastic waist band. They are getting hard to find too, Hanes and Jockey no longer make them. I found a store brand that still makes them and during a recent sale, stocked up on enough to last for a long time.

EvilTOJ
11-06-2009, 05:04 AM
What the hell is boxer-briefs? I don't think I've ever seen those.

Manwich
11-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Boxer-briefs.

My boys have a home but there is no danger of sack overflow.

dhkendall
11-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Primarily tighty-whities for reasons of OP and others who are doing so.

However, mine are getting to the point that they need to be thrown out (or so my wife tells me, this isn't a choice of my own, I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about here!) and, rather than buy more tighty-whities to replace them like I often do, I figured I'd give the boxers that I've accumulated (most are ones my wife bought me) a try. Not really used to them, but also not as averse to them as I'd like, so I might spend the next few decades in boxers once the briefs are all gone.

Nars Glinley
11-06-2009, 09:35 AM

Link to Hanes website. At really strict places, it could be considered NSFW. They are super comfortable.

Boxer Briefs. (http://hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Men-Hanes/Men_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Men_Underwear-Hanes/Men_Underwear_BoxerBriefs-Hanes/13834.aspx)

HeyHomie
11-06-2009, 09:36 AM

http://trendsupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/boxer-briefs.jpg

^Pic is borderline NSFW!!!!!

Notice how they resemble shorts (like boxers) but his junk is all snug in them (like briefs).

Nars Glinley
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
HeyHomie's guy looks normal. My guy looks like he shoved a Coke can down his shorts.

AHunter3
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Bikinis. Briefs (aka jockey shorts, tighty whities) are like grandma panties except for guys. Boxers are what my great-granddad probably wore under his overalls and suspenders.

handsomeharry
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Not “It varies” but “Depends” --for more comedic punch.

As in, “Do you wear boxers or briefs?”
“Depends.”

This joke doesn’t have to be explained does it?

No, but it does need to be edited! :D

Try this:

Depends.

hh

Markxxx
11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
For me it's briefs, I don't get the boxers things, and frankly I am only average "down there" so I can't see how well endowded men do it

I think it's a generational thing. In the late 80s briefs went out of fashion and boxers came in and the young started wearing them. In the late 70s when I was in high school no kid wore boxers. Now most teens where boxers. It probably is just what you get used to.

Plus the fashion dictates that if you wear your pants low so you can see the underwear you wear boxers with low fitting pants not briefs

Like in the 70s I'd hear the girls talking and it was big not to wear a bra back then. And there was always the talk about "slutty girls" not wearing them versus the "liberated girls" not wearing them.

:)

Yeticus Rex
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Depends on the weather.......you know.....the humidity index.;)

control-z
11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
For me it's briefs, I don't get the boxers things, and frankly I am only average "down there" so I can't see how well endowded men do it
:)

Briefs are too constricting, I would think the bigger you are the more constricting they are. If I get "excited", it winds up sticking out of my waistband, that's uncomfortable.

Neverender
11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Boxer-briefs. Boxers tend to bunch up in between my balls and leg, on my gooch, and get sweaty down my ass crack. This leads to a hell of a lot of chafing, and briefs are for little boys and old men!
Boxer briefs stay put and don't look odd, so it's all good.

(if you don't think briefs are bad, just wondering - do you wear Speedo's at the beach/pool?)

Chefguy
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Boxers for a very long time, now. I switched when I was still in the military. I used to wear briefs, but the elastic chafed too much, what with all the marching and bullshit.

ryan
11-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Boxer-briefs almost exclusively. A few pairs of briefs for middle of summer heat, and a couple pairs of boxers that I wore while recovering from some below the waist surgery (but I really don't care for them).

Voyager
11-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Mid rise bikini briefs. Thinner and much lighter than regular briefs and no wide elastic waist band. They are getting hard to find too, Hanes and Jockey no longer make them. I found a store brand that still makes them and during a recent sale, stocked up on enough to last for a long time.

My choice too. Perhaps their increasing scarcity is a result of America's increasing obesity. In any case regular briefs are a second choice, boxers never.

Lynn Bodoni
11-10-2009, 05:43 AM

Notice how they resemble shorts (like boxers) but his junk is all snug in them (like briefs). Off-topic: when I was young and read British books which described someone as "spotty", this is what I pictured.

Somewhat on topic... I'm female, and wear what could be considered a female version of boxer-briefs. They're cotton knit, and have actual legs on them. I used to sneer at such things, but I've found that they're excellent for preventing heat rash in the area where my legs join my crotch, and if I do develop heat rash, then the boxers don't aggravate the rash. I imagine that men would find the same thing applies to them.

Also, men look best in boxer-briefs, IMO. Not that I encounter a lot of men IRL in boxer-briefs, but a careful study of the literature has helped me to form an opinion on this subject.

Khadaji
11-10-2009, 06:50 AM
boxer-briefs or boxers.

Mahaloth
11-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Boxers

They can take our lives, but they can't take our freedom!!!! :)

Sebastienne
11-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Somewhat on topic... I'm female, and wear what could be considered a female version of boxer-briefs. They're cotton knit, and have actual legs on them. I used to sneer at such things, but I've found that they're excellent for preventing heat rash in the area where my legs join my crotch, and if I do develop heat rash, then the boxers don't aggravate the rash. I imagine that men would find the same thing applies to them.

Please, please tell me who makes these and where I can buy them. I've been looking for exactly that for some time now.

gaffa
11-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Briefs. I'm a creature of habit and have worn them all my life. I've never worn a pair of boxers, and can't imagine my junk constantly sliding around. I need the support - I fear that if I wore boxers, I'd sit down and wind up crushing a testicle. The only exception to briefs is the jock straps I bought for exercise.

BrotherCadfael
11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I started wearing boxers when we had kids, and it was apparent that I'd be up and wandering about the house a good bit during the night. A bit more dignified.

Mudshark
11-12-2009, 03:03 AM

Notice how they resemble shorts (like boxers) but his junk is all snug in them (like briefs).

Really those are trunks, not boxer briefs. Boxer briefs have longer legs.

I wear low rise briefs.

BellRungBookShut-CandleSnuffed
11-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Short and to the point.

I wear briefs. I've tried boxers, and it resulted in bunched-up nuts, and lots of flopping. :eek: No thank you.

Funny, I get bunched nuts and underwear up my ass when I wear briefs. No flopping though, I have to give you that.

I dunno why, actually. When I was a kid I did briefs. Then I switched in high school to boxers. I only wore a jock for sports. Then in college, I realized that I only needed that kind of support for competition. And I was a wrestler :)

For me, I think it's similar to when as a kid you don't have as much control over your body, so you end up hitting your funny bone from time to time and getting whacked in the balls. I can't remember when either of those things happened to me last. Likewise, I haven't needed the support from briefs since then, either.

Lynn Bodoni
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Please, please tell me who makes these and where I can buy them. I've been looking for exactly that for some time now. I get them from either Woman Within (http://womanwithin.com/clothing/Comfort-Choice-Stretch-cotton-fitted-boxer-brief.aspx?PfId=110057&DeptId=9438&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0) (they carry sizes 7-15 in that style) or Roaman's (http://roamans.com/clothing/Comfort-Choice-Boxer-Brief.aspx?PfId=113687&DeptId=10005&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0) (same product, really) online. Both brands have a few longleg panty choices, that's just the style that I buy. And the panties are on sale right now, so if Santa is looking to buy you some undies for Xmas...

HeyHomie
11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I get them from either Woman Within (http://womanwithin.com/clothing/Comfort-Choice-Stretch-cotton-fitted-boxer-brief.aspx?PfId=110057&DeptId=9438&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0) (they carry sizes 7-15 in that style) or Roaman's (http://roamans.com/clothing/Comfort-Choice-Boxer-Brief.aspx?PfId=113687&DeptId=10005&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0) (same product, really) online. Both brands have a few longleg panty choices, that's just the style that I buy. And the panties are on sale right now, so if Santa is looking to buy you some undies for Xmas...

:eek: OLD LADY PANTIES! :eek: OLD LADY PANTIES! :eek: OLD LADY PANTIES! :eek:

Lynn Bodoni
11-13-2009, 12:08 AM
No, THESE (http://roamans.com/clothing/Comfort-Choiceand0174-3-pack-cotton-boxer-briefs.aspx?PfId=94469&DeptId=10005&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0) are old lady panties. Notice that the leg of the panty doesn't fit snugly against the leg of the wearer, as the first pair does. For even more horror, I offer the Granny Girdle (http://roamans.com/clothing/Rago-extra-long-leg-shaper.aspx?PfId=19053&DeptId=14334&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0), with the split crotch (which is laughable, I don't know anyone who can pee through a split crotch, though I know several women who TRY...and fail) and the detachable garters.

If you give me the eek face again, I shall be forced to show you some truly frightening photos and illustrations of women's clothing. I HAVE THE MUSEUM OF MENSTRUATION BOOKMARKED, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Runs With Scissors
11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Short and to the point.

Some of us aren't big enough to flop.

Did I just say that out loud?

BellRungBookShut-CandleSnuffed
11-13-2009, 02:51 AM
(which is laughable, I don't know anyone who can pee through a split crotch, though I know several women who TRY...and fail)

You know this why?!

Nars Glinley
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM
If you give me the eek face again, I shall be forced to show you some truly frightening photos and illustrations of women's clothing. I HAVE THE MUSEUM OF MENSTRUATION BOOKMARKED, and I'm not afraid to use it.
Surely there must be a board rule against issuing this kind of threat. :D

dhkendall
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Boxers for a very long time, now. I switched when I was still in the military. I used to wear briefs, but the elastic chafed too much, what with all the marching and bullshit.

Dunno about the US army, but the Canadian army issues you a uniform - jacket, boots, pants, undershirt, beret, ... and even army-issue gitch. They are boxers, and those were the first pair I've ever owned. (And yes, they were camo-green (no camo pattern, though) like most of the rest of the uniform) I was curious why army issue gitch is boxers not briefs, but I guess you pointed out why.

I was only in the Forces for six months and, upon my release, I had to give back a lot of the uniform, except that which touched my skin. So I got to keep the beret, undershirt ... and gitch.

Lynn Bodoni
11-15-2009, 02:32 AM
You know this why?! I know this because I was asked about such girdles when I sold women's clothing. Women would want the girdles with flaps in them because they hated to remove them in order to pee, and told me so. And I knew that they tried, and failed, to pee through the flaps because I could, ummm, smell the failure. I did not witness them actually failing at it. I didn't want to, either.

Antinor01
11-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Nothing most of the time, but I did buy a couple pair of briefs to wear at the gym. I have some other..shall we say interesting underwear items for certain occasions as well.

Spectre of Pithecanthropus
11-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Short and to the point.

Same here! Although once in a while, commando.

Dervorin
11-19-2009, 04:51 AM
Boxers most of the time, briefs some of the time (usually in colder weather) and nothing to sleep in.

Larry Mudd
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I wore briefs when I was a boy, and then again when I got all old and busted and had a varicocele on one of my balls that made wearing boxers cripplingly painful.

Surgical intervention allowed me to wear my skivvies of choice again, thank all the stars in heaven.

DivineComedienne
11-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Every man in my life had worn briefs, so I was a bit surprised to find the current Mr. Divine wearing boxers. I still think they look like "old man drawers", but I'm used to it now. He said he's always been a boxers man, briefs only if he's doing something that requires more support.

But, I was also startled to find that his equipment rides significantly "lower" than my previous experience has been, and it makes me wonder if that is from the lack of support over the years (he is 51), similar to the way women's breasts need support. Have any of you more mature gentlemen had similar experiences?

appleciders
11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Funny, I get bunched nuts and underwear up my ass when I wear briefs. No flopping though, I have to give you that.

How do you get those all the way up there? :eek:

tr0psn4j
11-19-2009, 11:44 PM
I wear boxers so my dick can breathe. :D

HeyHomie
11-20-2009, 09:01 AM
But, I was also startled to find that his equipment rides significantly "lower" than my previous experience has been, and it makes me wonder if that is from the lack of support over the years (he is 51), similar to the way women's breasts need support. Have any of you more mature gentlemen had similar experiences?

39 here.

Since I've had my vasectomy, I've found that my nuts hang significantly lower. I don't know if it's a 1:1 correlation, if it's just age, or if it's confirmation bias, but there you have it.

Best Topics: smoke rope moving mailbox palisade wall frank luger bluedolphin com eating a phone definition of homemade tourneau warranty samhain supernatural hella origin ronaldinho crossbar fake jerry lewis asshole western musical instrument scattergories answers sheet la granja sauces what are puttees enhance quote distance around track pigeons poison does staph smell shishkabob fallout 4 furnace filter box men inserting tampons morenita meaning swiss watch battery tidy whitey four corners starbucks cider yeast mexican coke light sell furs french background music giddy mao tom bombadil evil native american mustache what is the going rate for a teenage babysitter top notch meaning origin does electric chair hurt what does ain't no hollaback girl mean pulp fiction bar scene rachmaninoff piano concerto 2 all by myself clear urine without drinking water cat caught a mouse egg wash for breading galvanized corrugated sheet metal fence car wont start in park but will in neutral what is a papi oz in 2 liter sticking out tongue meaning how to fix my car door lock malcolm in the middle black kid golden caster sugar us can severe pain cause a seizure unicameral vs bicameral legislature why do i hear air in my ear aragorn's speech in front of black gate how much do breasts weigh dayquil vs alka seltzer john wayne height and weight actors that always play bad guys jobs that require a non specific bachelor's degree dramamine vs benadryl for sleep will solder stick to stainless steel what does lay pipe mean drummers who are lead singers recipes for people without teeth what happens if i don't answer interrogatories highest iq down syndrome