PDA

View Full Version : Steam purchase not downloading

Tapioca Dextrin
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I bought Cradle of Civilization for Civilization via Steam for my PC a week ago and it hasn't downloaded. If I launch Steam from within the game, I can see I've actually bought everything. I've emailed Steam, but they haven't bothered to reply. Anyone have any ideas what's going on, or had a similar experience?

Palooka
01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
While you're in-game, Steam automatically pauses all downloads. Alt-tab or exit out of the game and go to View -> Downloads then hit resume. If that isn't the problem, I've no idea what the deal is.

smiling bandit
01-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Hmm.... make sure you've got it officially lised as purchased in Steam, and then start the game from within Steam (not vice-versa). Then wait about an hour and see if it shows up. Some of this stuff gets downloaded in the background only under certain circumstances.

Darkhold
01-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Right click on the game click on properties. Local File tab and verify the game. It will scan the install and re-download the DLC if that is the problem.

It will take a couple of mins to scan the game.

Tapioca Dextrin
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Right click on the game click on properties. Local File tab and verify the game. It will scan the install and re-download the DLC if that is the problem.

There was one file that couldn't be verified despite re-downloading it. Now it's reinstall time. Wish me luck.

Tapioca Dextrin
01-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, I reinstalled the game and the problem remains. Steam hasn't bothered to respond. They've got my money, so I guess they don't give a fuck.

Terminus Est
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
The Cradle of Civilization is DLC. It won't show up as a separate install. To verify that you have it, right-click on the game in your library, select "View Downloadable Content", and click on the "DLC" tab. It should be listed there.

If you want to run the DLC in-game, you have to go to "Scenarios".

Best Topics: dead tank crew banana alcohol buy poppy flowers hunger or nausea tbs station number popeye theme lyrics proactiv equivalent pentecostal women taco de ojo death by insulin circle finger game buy maalox dasiy chain gillette rapper storyline music videos wintergreen flavored toothpaste elvis woodstock rake pleasure seeker replacement toilet tank stewie griffin accent gopher smoke bomb funny fake address scoe 10x ingredients tuit suite carthage salt sp meaning graham pronunciation nominal dimension dell strike zone fruit slang laundry pure bad starbucks saint bernard forums no words they should've sent a poet recurring hive in same spot how much fuel does a 767 hold lyrics to rudolph the red nosed reindeer with extra how long does direct deposit take the first time where did the term ivy league come from have reeses cups gotten smaller how to fix scratched ceramic tiles z with line through it how does soundhound work the file is missing media usage rights does drinking bong water get you high college vs wide ruled www.woot.com bag of crap glass blowing health risks eggnog to rum ratio what is general delivery how to dispose of a microwave better to remain silent and be thought a fool meaning what does it mean when flies are attracted to you shower pan liner for tile what is braunschweiger made out of elvis presley penis size what does 300 pounds look like a pair of underwear how often should you sharpen knives why does my fever come back at night waking up with cuts dun dun da dun christmas song do gas stoves work without electricity how long does doxycycline last how to keep ice cubes from sticking to tray how to eat mexican guava fruit what is bx in medical terms