PDA

View Full Version : Tubing for slingshot

dauerbach
07-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I want to make a sling-shot and need surgical tubing to do so. I can order online easily enough but thought there must be some place that I can simply drive to. What kind of store sells latex surgical tubing.

Phlosphr
07-06-2011, 12:13 PM
If you buy a car tire tube and cut it into strips, they will far exceed any latex you could use....or if not, just go to Walmart and buy the already made sling-shot bands and attach them to your homemade beauty.

PlanetCharlie
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Its not "surgical tubing" but most hardware stores should have something close. I made many a slingshot with the rubber tubing from there as a child.

... or a medical supply store (doh)

postcards
07-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Surgical supply stores or local (not CVS or Walgreens) drugstores are your best bet.

But now thinking about this, a CVS-type place might be a good idea, too. Ask at the pharmacy counter though, I doubt the people working the registers would know. And if they don't carry it, the pharmacist may be able to steer you right.

brewha
07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Yup, you can get it at Menards. It's not called surgical tubing, but it's the same stuff. It'll be back by the rest of the hoses.

Lare
07-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I once picked some up at a hobby shop.

The Conqueror Worm
07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
A dive shop.

Quercus
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Old bicycle inner tube? A bike shop might have a few free for the asking.

retterath
07-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Back in my radio controlled glider days, I picked up a roll of latex tubing at the local pharmacy. Just make sure there are no splices.

crowmanyclouds
07-06-2011, 11:35 PM
They've got it at my local Lowes and I think I've seen it at Home Depot. Plumbing department with all the other rolls of tubing of all sorts . . . except the tubing I'm looking for. :rolleyes:

CMC fnord!

Best Topics: goomba italian smell toe edmund fitzgerald parody bracket pins olympic swimmers nude rectal alcohol dose ms word helvetica where are gloryholes super tendon lumps in forearm howie mandel salary oak tag denver bronco chants harry potter vibrator amazonfresh tote broccoli rabe flower ravenette hair define extreme prejudice cake stripper rebound congestion sudafed tuna helper crossword famous trio names 2pac sucks church strip club harry short senator owen brewster ugly languages google nl making methylamine mailing a check 0usd christian mezuzah old froth and slosh beer does usps move mail on sunday rush limbaugh on sirius xm radio there is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment is selling single cigarettes illegal foods that make urine smell bad larry darryl and darryl newhart how to keep woodpeckers away from hummingbird feeders 16.67 per 1000 financed paralyzed from neck down recovery is a corn dog a sandwich how much is bartending school in atlanta what is the only animal with four knees 7-1x0+3/3 how long do track meets last what part of a green onion do you eat why does my breath smell like metal how does darth vader know luke is his son drinking everyday for a year sodastream syrup expiration date rocky and bullwinkle street sweeper how much to spend on vacation how does vicodin feel how to cook steak without smoke how many notes are in a chromatic scale car alarm wont stop beeping the princess bride by s morgenstern unabridged kiss knights in satans service how hard is it to replace an alternator ground pork vs sausage what action could have averted the revolutionary war? how to calibrate bathroom scales how to dislocate your arm