PDA

View Full Version : So I've found the most addicting game that exists on the internet. No, seriously.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Try2B Comprehensive
12-21-2013, 12:41 PM
So.... is that why I'm not getting the Halloween cookies anymore? I'm stuck at 2 this go around. If I but restart, I'll suddenly be awash with Christmas cookies and wrinkling reindeer?

None of this is meant to imply that Cookie Clicker has been running in the background this whole time. I'm not like that.

Munch
12-21-2013, 04:28 PM
The Halloween cookies are still there for the taking, should you not have already gotten them.

Airman Doors, USAF
12-21-2013, 04:41 PM
With 94 quintillion cookies the game is my oyster. Sure enough, it took me exactly 90 seconds to get everything fully upgraded.

Then I saw Prancer going across the screen. No, I need to go now before this thing sucks me back in.

Idle Thoughts
12-21-2013, 06:03 PM
::sigh:: why am I still playing this thing?

Well, it IS "the most addicting game that exists on the internet. No, seriously." ;)

Moe
12-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Why did I read this thread? ::sigh::

TruCelt
12-21-2013, 06:28 PM
You know, I can't really tell, because my cookie production is in scientific notation at this point, but it seems to me that the upgrades are not increasing the numbers. I mean, there were several 15% to 20% upgrades there, but I'm still at 3.xxxxxxxxx +44. Surely we should have added a zero at this point?

Try2B Comprehensive
12-21-2013, 07:35 PM
The Halloween cookies are still there for the taking, should you not have already gotten them.

You're right, I just got my 3rd spooky cookie... after popping 209 wrinklers. It does seem quite statistically unlikely. Never have so many been popped for so few...

Hal Briston
12-22-2013, 12:41 AM
You're right, I just got my 3rd spooky cookie... after popping 209 wrinklers. It does seem quite statistically unlikely. Never have so many been popped for so few...I think the odds for getting Halloween cookies has dramatically increased with this new update. With my latest reset, I got them all ridiculously fast.

Telperion
12-22-2013, 05:34 AM
You know, I can't really tell, because my cookie production is in scientific notation at this point, but it seems to me that the upgrades are not increasing the numbers. I mean, there were several 15% to 20% upgrades there, but I'm still at 3.xxxxxxxxx +44. Surely we should have added a zero at this point?

They are additive, not compounded. So at the higher end with all the milk and prestige bonuses you'll go from 10,000% or something to 10,020%.

Moe
12-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Just discovered if you pop a reindeer during an elder frenzy it apparently stacks because I just got about 246 Qa for it.

Chronos
12-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I just discovered the reindeer-elder frenzy combo, too.

And the base chance for the Halloween cookies hasn't changed, but they become a lot more likely (10 times?) if you already have the achievement for getting all of them. Same with the Christmas cookies.

What's next, Valentine's?

Antinor01
12-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Stacking a production frenzy and click frenzy (with autoclick running) is really sweet too.

pancakes3
12-27-2013, 12:09 AM
does anyone have speed baking 3? I got 1 and 2 but it seems like getting 3 is entirely dependent on you having a frenzy golden for your first golden cookie. That and clicking like crazy.

chicagowhitesox1173
12-27-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm currently at 22,823,664,650,004,734,777 alltime cookies.
6389 heavenly cookies
11,000 golden cookie clicks
2,262,756,258,973.1 cookies per second.

DMC
12-27-2013, 04:39 AM
does anyone have speed baking 3? I got 1 and 2 but it seems like getting 3 is entirely dependent on you having a frenzy golden for your first golden cookie. That and clicking like crazy.
With the Christmas upgrades, including Reindeer, I was finally able to get it.

Hal Briston
01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
New Year's Brag:

Just hit 4 trillion CpS, and 60 quadrillion baked all-time. Over 10,100 HCs.

Naturally, I can stop aaaaaanytime I want.

TruCelt
01-07-2014, 11:27 PM
I am up to 1000 AMCs. It averages 3-4 days before I can afford to buy another one. It's time to pull the plug, it really is. . .

Leaves it running and goes to bed.

levdrakon
01-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Did someone mention Christmas stuff? Dang, I'll have to fire it up again.

K364
01-08-2014, 07:24 PM
I am up to 1000 AMCs. It averages 3-4 days before I can afford to buy another one. It's time to pull the plug, it really is. . .

Leaves it running and goes to bed.1000 amc's... really?

TruCelt
01-09-2014, 11:33 AM
1000 amc's... really?

Not on at the moment so cna't give a number, but my heavenly chips are in scientific notation.

Moe
01-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Not on at the moment so cna't give a number, but my heavenly chips are in scientific notation.

With or without cheats? (because if the latter, wow!).

I'll admit yesterday I used my first and only cheat to get the 200 Reindeer achievement. I would have needed to hold out another day without resetting and I just didn't have the patience. That first 30-60 minutes after a reset is the main reason I still play. I've got a little over 15,000 HC but my current goal is to be able to consistently clear the game within an hour. By that I mean 240 cursors, 100 everything else, all upgrades, all santas. Excepted are grandmocalypse upgrades from exotic nuts on (since this is time-based and in any case this is the best state to be in to get golden cookies and wrinklers) and the drops you get from wrinklers and reindeer since that's also a matter of chance.

I can get most of it in 20 minutes but the last 10 cursors and ACs, last santa, and final 2 cookie multiplier upgrades are not guaranteed without a well-timed click frenzy.

Why in the world am I still playing this game???!!!

TruCelt
01-11-2014, 03:51 PM
With or without cheats? (because if the latter, wow!).

Of course, yes. But not as much as you'd think. I mostly just let it run literally for months, clicking and buying whatever I could each morning. My daughter likes to click golden cookies and reindeer for a few minutes now and then as well.

Try2B Comprehensive
02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
New update available! Valentine's Day theme! I haven't given it a whirl yet, but having only 171 quintillion cookies so far means there's no reason not to.

Try2B Comprehensive
02-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Allright, it adds a new building, the Prism. More expensive than the antimatter condenser, it converts light directly into cookies at a rate of 10,000,000 cps. Brilliant!

How long until TruCelt has 1000 of those?

Idle Thoughts
02-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Well, I guess I need to fire the game up again and play for a week.

Everytime I think I'm out...it drags me back in...

levdrakon
02-14-2014, 12:53 AM

Everytime I think I'm out...it drags me back in...Same here.

Gymnopithys
02-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Everytime I think I'm out...it drags me back in...

Haven't started the game yet. Read 501 posts and noticed it was a 15 months old thread. Got addicted to it.

Will read on tomorrow (if I can wait).

Chronos
02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Is it just me, or have the reindeer stopped for everyone?

I think there's a new upgrade to turn them back on, but it requires 5000 heavenly chips?

Munch
02-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah - the seasons are now selectable. Once you accumulate 5000 HCs, there's an upgrade for either of the other two seasons. If you're on one of the previous seasons (Halloween or Christmas), it lasts for 24 hours before reverting to the current season (Valentines).

pancakes3
02-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Is it just me, or have the reindeer stopped for everyone?

I think there's a new upgrade to turn them back on, but it requires 5000 heavenly chips?

Phew. I thought it cost 5000 heavily chips instead of cookies. Just a pre-requisite of HC's.

I don't cheat, and I don't have enough to satisfy the new 150 requirements for even AMC, much less the prism. Maybe I'll reset for more HC's and see where it gets me.

The Hamster King
02-14-2014, 02:02 PM
The prisms provide a huge jump in productivity. I happened to reset yesterday with 15,000 heavenly chips. Last night, pre-prism, I was earning 5 trillion cookies per second. This morning I bought over 100 prisms with my banked cookies and I'm now earning 50 trillion cookies per second.

Chronos
02-14-2014, 02:27 PM
A large chunk of that is also from new achievements, meaning more milk. I find that at my current status (126 AMCs and other buildings to match, 110 prisms) a new achievement is worth about twice as much as a new prism. And you probably got a whole bunch of new achievements as soon as you loaded the update, from having 150+ of various buildings.

Chronos
02-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Warning: The season-switcher upgrades get more expensive every time you purchase any of them. Don't change frivolously, or you can get yourself practically locked out, like I just did.

Amblydoper
02-16-2014, 07:59 PM
What is it that the valentine's day "season" does exactly? I only see a graphical change. I guess I need to go to christmas to get the santa upgrades, and go to halloween to get the wrinkled cookies. I'm playing without the cookie monster script for now, to make it more interesting.

Munch
02-16-2014, 08:51 PM
I think the main thing it does is separate the seasons so they no longer stack. If you want to get prior achievements/upgrades, you need to dedicate yourself to going back and doing so.

mortal wombat
02-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks OP. As if it wasn't bad enough that I've been addicted to Tiny Death Star and Candy Crush Saga since december...

Chronos
02-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Valentine's is definitely the weakest of the seasons-- The heart cookie upgrades can only become available during Valentine season, but that's all it does (and once one of them becomes available, it remains so indefinitely). And there's no randomness to the heart cookies: Each one becomes available as soon as you purchase the previous one, like the British biscuits.

If you're starting over, the thing to do seems to be to rush to Bingo and fast research as soon as you can, go for the Grandmapocalypse, and get all the Golden Cookie upgrades and the season-switcher. Keep clicking red cookies until you get an Elder Frenzy, then switch to Christmas. Whenever you switch to Christmas, you instantly get a reindeer, which you can then pop during the Elder Frenzy for huge profit.

Oh, and I've discovered a bug: If you let a season expire on its own after 24 hours, that season doesn't come available again until you've purchased a different one.

Hal Briston
02-16-2014, 11:55 PM
That "Bicentennial" achievement is going to be a fricking monster. I don't cheat -- haven't done it once in this game, and I'm not about to start now (and I define cheating as "another other than actively clicking on something yourself, no autoclickers or any crap like that") -- so wow, it's going to take awhile to hit 200 prisms.

But as has been mentioned, things have certainly jumped from this. Six trillion CpS yesterday, 71 trillion today.

crypto
02-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Ok,

I don't get this.

Is there a place on the web that explains exactly what this game is supposed to do?

My game comes up with a screen divided into 3 columns. On the left, there is a chocolate chip cookie, with scrolling hearts as a background.

The center has a menu button, stats button and updates button, and a number of other things, but I have no idea what.

The third column has a few things which appear to be milestones, or something. I have a grandma 115, cursor 15, and a steel plated rolling pin.

The left currently reads 196 cookies, 0.5/hour

What?

I tapped in the cookie for a while and that didn't seem to do anything. I don't have a clue of what. I should be doing or what the game is suppose to do.

Where are the directions?

Try2B Comprehensive
02-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Where are the directions?

Right here. (http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Clicker_Wiki)

TimeWinder
02-17-2014, 01:00 AM
The third column has a few things which appear to be milestones, or something. I have a grandma 115, cursor 15, and a steel plated rolling pin.

The third column is the store. If your screen is large enough, it even says so at the top. Click on stuff there to buy it (using your cookies as cash), both buildings (the wide rectangular buttons), and enhancements (the things at the top like the rolling pin.)

Objective is primarily to make the number of cookies/cookies per second absurdly high. There is no other goal, although there are some "plot" elements as the game progresses.

crypto
02-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Thanks guys,

I am on an apple iPad. Is this going to run on my device?

I notice it says an Android portal is there and a "possible" iOS port is being made as of August.

Here is what happens when i bring it up.

I tap on the cookie, and the cookie resizes to a larger cookie. I tap agsin, and the cookie shrinks back to it's original size. It continues to fluxuate back and forth between sizes.

Also, the slower I tap, the better it seems to be, faster tapping causes the cookie not to register taps.
And that wiki page doesn't really tell me the rules, unless the only rule is to tap the cookie. Other than that, the page doesn't say much about the game and how to play it. It does say the game goes on forever.

Munch
02-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Also, the slower I tap, the better it seems to be, faster tapping causes the cookie not to register taps.
And that wiki page doesn't really tell me the rules, unless the only rule is to tap the cookie. Other than that, the page doesn't say much about the game and how to play it. It does say the game goes on forever.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that playing this on an ipad either isn't going to work, or isn't going to be all that fun. This is more of a "play in the background and occasionally check in on" game.

As for how to play, you click on the cookie enough times to be able to buy things in the store. The things in the store then essentially click the cookie for you (well, the cursor does, the other things create them in their own particular way - but that's not important). As you progress, there are upgrades to purchase ("double the effectiveness of grandmas!", "mines gain +10 base CpS!", etc.), achievements to reach ("Bake 1,000,000 cookies!", "Have 50 Anti-Matter Condensers!", etc.), and game events to trigger ("the Grandmas have now become Elder Gods eating away the fabric of the universe (from whence more cookies pour out)").

It's all very horrible. And addicting. And wonderful.

crypto
02-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Munch,

Thank you for the reply.

I guess I will pass on this game until I can get something I can play it on.

This game has fascinated me since i discovered this thread, because I can't really see any "game". It seems to run by itself quite a bit, and there is no interaction between users. It is the user and the cookie, and that seems to be it. Clearly people enjoy it, so I want to see what the hubbub is about.

What does this game work on? Is it only android devices, or can one play it on a laptop or desktop loaded with windows?

Thanks!

Chronos
02-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Mostly, the appeal is just that exponential growth is fun to watch. When you start out, having 100 cookies seems pretty impressive... Then you get to a point where you're getting 100 cookies every second, without doing anything. Then you suddenly realize that you've got a million cookies banked away... And so on, until you're getting trillions of cookies per second, or more.

crypto
02-17-2014, 03:28 PM
So, what's the end?

Or has no one found an end yet?

Also, does this thing run continuously on your device, sucking up processing power and memory? I assume if it does, it can't be much, or people wouldn't let it run.

What happens if you stop or shut it down? Does it start all over again?

pancakes3
02-17-2014, 04:23 PM
There's no end. Updates come out every couple months to shake things up just enough to suck you back in. Playing on an ipad is useless*. I'm betting that every single person here who does play has it open on their pc's running in the background and they check in once or twice a day.

If you close the window, it saves it from that point and you start back up where you're from but closing the window greatly detracts from the mindless accumulation appeal.

*There is a ripoff app for the ipad where you click and get achievements. It's very vanilla and doesn't have the dark twist that the original has. An ipad-specific benefit is that there's "sleep mode" or something to that effect that allows you to accumulate cookies at 50% of the "open" rate for up to 12 hrs. There aren't as many upgrades or holiday themes but for what it is, it's a decent ipad clone.

Try2B Comprehensive
02-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Objective is primarily to make the number of cookies/cookies per second absurdly high. There is no other goal
This isn't entirely true. A lot of my enjoyment of the game flows from my having more cookies than Chronos.

TruCelt
02-18-2014, 07:41 AM
A big part of why I got sucked in was that the US debt crisis was going on just at the time when I found it. In the beginning, balancing investment, and ROI vs the cost of letting the bank just sit fallow was connecting in my mind with the decisions being made in Washington.

Then as I got up into the trillions I began to comprehend those higher numbers for the first time, ever. Now my cps is in scientific notation and it's just incredible to observe my own response when I hit a cookie and "only" get an increase of 1.65+85 or something. Really? That doesn't even register! I WANT MOOOOORRRREEEE!!!

LOL. Truly though, I only turn it on for a day or so when there's a holiday theme or some other change; because, yes, its to the point now that the calculation consumes an observable amount of memory/processing speed.

bucketybuck
02-18-2014, 08:03 AM
This is more of a "play in the background and occasionally check in on" game.

Are people still calling this a "game"?

Idle Thoughts
02-18-2014, 06:55 PM

It's surprisingly strategic in all the ways you have to figure out how to get/make the most possible cookies per second.
Is that not part of what most games entail?

TimeWinder
02-18-2014, 08:50 PM

It's an interactive activity designed for no purpose other than entertainment. What would you call it?

Hal Briston
02-18-2014, 11:36 PM
100 Trillion CpS. Daaaaamn, I like this new upgrade.

Suburban Plankton
02-19-2014, 12:47 AM
100 Trillion CpS. Daaaaamn, I like this new upgrade.

Yeah it is...but I need 136 freakin' quadrillion cookies for my next Prism...and I need still 94 more of them for the Bicentennial achievement...

must. bake. cookies. faster.

Cugel
02-19-2014, 03:38 AM
I revisited to see the new upgrades, bought 248 prisms off the bat. Didn't seem to do much, so after the laborious task of Bicentennial, it's off again.

Hal Briston
02-19-2014, 10:09 AM
must. bake. cookies. faster.Ain't kidding -- my next one (number 134) will cost 5.8 quintillion.

I had been playing this by resetting every couple of days for the Heavenly Chips. My wife and I would sit down to watch a TV show and after an hour I'd be close to where I was before, but with more production due to the HC's.

The trouble was, the extreme numbers between HC goals was making it less and less beneficial to reset. It was getting to where I'd have to let it sit for several more days just to make a reset worthwhile.

But this new upgrade has changed it all up. My last reset was 13 hours ago, and I've already generated 46.3 quintillion cookies since then. I'll probably reset this evening, and I'll go from just over 25,000 HC's to 30,000 -- massively worth it.

bucketybuck
02-19-2014, 04:33 PM
It's surprisingly strategic in all the ways you have to figure out how to get/make the most possible cookies per second.

It doesn't matter if you get the most possible cookies per second, because the numbers may change but the relative value does not.

I'd be happy to call it a psychological experiment, but when something is as inherently pointless as this then I struggle to call it a game. Might as well call my bedside clock a game, the numbers keep going up on it too.

pancakes3
02-20-2014, 02:22 PM
It doesn't matter if you get the most possible cookies per second, because the numbers may change but the relative value does not.

I'd be happy to call it a psychological experiment, but when something is as inherently pointless as this then I struggle to call it a game. Might as well call my bedside clock a game, the numbers keep going up on it too.

If your alarm clock gave you achievements, you'd probably be more motivated to get up in the morning.

Folly
02-20-2014, 05:33 PM

(Any RPG ever)
It doesn't matter how much you upgrade your weapons and Armor because they're strength relative to the enemies remains the same. ..

bucketybuck
02-20-2014, 06:39 PM
(Any RPG ever)
It doesn't matter how much you upgrade your weapons and Armor because they're strength relative to the enemies remains the same. ..

You can finish an RPG.

dzeiger
02-20-2014, 11:32 PM
You can finish an RPG.

When are people done with WoW?

Morgyn
02-22-2014, 10:34 AM
100 Trillion CpS. Daaaaamn, I like this new upgrade.1.099 Quadrillion CpS .... I just started the game up again about 20 minutes ago after not doing anything with it for over a month and was able to buy 100 Prisms right off the bat. Whee!

I need almost 2 Sextillion to get the 198th antimatter condenser, though. Yikes!

levdrakon
02-22-2014, 03:48 PM
I fired up the game again to see the new stuff. I reset to get my 1000+ HCs, and spent an hour or so buying buildings etc. and my laptop suddenly shut down w/out warning. I assume the laptop over heated. It was *very* hot. Not sure I can play the game anymore if that's going to happen. The game ain't worth my laptop!

TimeWinder
02-22-2014, 04:13 PM
I fired up the game again to see the new stuff. I reset to get my 1000+ HCs, and spent an hour or so buying buildings etc. and my laptop suddenly shut down w/out warning. I assume the laptop over heated. It was *very* hot. Not sure I can play the game anymore if that's going to happen. The game ain't worth my laptop!

If you can overhead the laptop using javascript in a browser, something is wrong. Check to make sure your fans are working and clear.

The game is cranking out cookies with all the particle stuff on my machine now, and CPU use is at about 5 percent. This game seems to hog memory like it's going out of style (particularly in IE 11, so I switched to Firefox), but it's very low on the CPU scale.

Amblydoper
02-23-2014, 01:14 AM

This is all part of the game. You are supposed to start baking cookies on your over-heating laptop.

pancakes3
02-23-2014, 04:16 PM
2670 hours and 1900 heavenly chips later and this game still feels like a grind. Worst part is, I'm probably never going to max out the achievements because I can't speed click fast enough.

levdrakon
02-23-2014, 05:04 PM
If you can overhead the laptop using javascript in a browser, something is wrong. Check to make sure your fans are working and clear.

The game is cranking out cookies with all the particle stuff on my machine now, and CPU use is at about 5 percent. This game seems to hog memory like it's going out of style (particularly in IE 11, so I switched to Firefox), but it's very low on the CPU scale.Is there an app for that? :)

I run Cookie Monster on top of Cookie Clicker. Does that heat things up?

Amblydoper
02-27-2014, 11:20 PM
2670 hours and 1900 heavenly chips later and this game still feels like a grind. Worst part is, I'm probably never going to max out the achievements because I can't speed click fast enough.

Hold your mouse in front of you and rapidly click with both index fingers as fast as possible.

Hal Briston
02-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Hold your mouse in front of you and rapidly click with both index fingers as fast as possible.I only do any speed-clicking when I get a x666 or x777 multiplier (as well as the first few x7's after a reset). I find the most effective way is to use the + key on my keyboard's numpad. I'm able to beat on a keyboard key much more effectively than I can a mouse.

TimeWinder
02-28-2014, 12:03 PM
I only do any speed-clicking when I get a x666 or x777 multiplier (as well as the first few x7's after a reset). I find the most effective way is to use the + key on my keyboard's numpad. I'm able to beat on a keyboard key much more effectively than I can a mouse.

And you can do both at the same time -- that's how I got those achievements.

chicagowhitesox1173
03-03-2014, 04:01 PM
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cookies baked alltime
47,000 heavenly chips
184 trillion cps
17,000 golden cookies

Hal Briston
03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cookies baked alltime
47,000 heavenly chips
184 trillion cps
17,000 golden cookies
Any cheats, Cookie Monster, etc.?

Chronos
03-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Two things I've learned:
One, Cookie Monster doesn't properly account for One Mind, Communal Brainsweep, and Elder Covenant. As a result, Grandmothers are significantly better than Cookie Monster thinks they are (about 30x better, in my game (~200 grandmothers), though that will vary depending on how many grandmothers and portals you have).

Two, either Cookie Clicker or Cookie Monster now has a terrible, horrible memory leak in it somewhere, to the tune of tens of gigs if you let it run overnight (at least, on Firefox and OSX). Since I need my computer and web browser to be fully functional first thing in the morning when I get up, I'm forced to retire this game.

Idle Thoughts
03-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Two, either Cookie Clicker or Cookie Monster now has a terrible, horrible memory leak in it somewhere, to the tune of tens of gigs if you let it run overnight (at least, on Firefox and OSX). Since I need my computer and web browser to be fully functional first thing in the morning when I get up, I'm forced to retire this game.

1. I've never used Cookie Monster and
2. I use Google Chrome to play Cookie Clicker.

I've been leaving it on all night for about 2 months now and I've never had this problem.
So if you're ever called back to this game (and you know how THAT can be), that's the way to go.

Hal Briston
03-04-2014, 03:17 PM
1. I've never used Cookie Monster and
2. I use Google Chrome to play Cookie Clicker.

I've been leaving it on all night for about 2 months now and I've never had this problem.
So if you're ever called back to this game (and you know how THAT can be), that's the way to go.Same here -- I've been running this non-stop on Chrome with no cheat programs since September (with a few shutdowns/reboots for real-life-based reasons), and no issues here.

Unauthorized Cinnamon
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Welp, I just sat down each kid in front of this, and anticipate cooking dinner in peace tonight!

chicagowhitesox1173
03-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Any cheats, Cookie Monster, etc.?

No I never used any cheats, I usually leave the game running 24 hours a day. When I'm watching a movie, i'll usually click on the golden cookies. I still need to get 200 of everything for my last achievement though.

Too make the game a little more fun, i'll reset and see how fast I can get 100 antimatters. last time I did that, I got 100 of them in less than 20 minutes.

Hal Briston
04-01-2014, 12:50 AM
A new update is online for April Fool's Day. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much to it. I only see it adding one new achievement, for having 150 of everything.

chicagowhitesox1173
04-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Looks like they have new achievements. Finding the little cookie achievement was kinda tricky.

My current stats.
5,900,000,000,000,000,000,000 cookie baked alltime
101,448 heavenly chips
495 trillion cups per second
19,000 golden cookies

Reached 100 antimatters in 6 minutes.

chicagowhitesox1173
04-11-2014, 10:48 AM
More new updates. 400 cursors will probably be tough.

Hal Briston
04-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Yeah, that one is probably some months away, unless something is introduced beyond prisms. At the moment, I have 293 cursors, so I'll probably hit 300 by this evening and then reset for the HC bonus.

At the moment, I'm approaching 10 sextillion cookies all-time while putting out 1.7 quadrillion CpS.

Chronos
04-11-2014, 04:20 PM
It's kind of humbling to see that there's now an upgrade which costs more than twice my entire all-time total.

Try2B Comprehensive
04-12-2014, 06:43 PM
I've got 9.2 sextillion cookies all-time. I think I can get the kitten managers tonight or tomorrow- I am expecting a massive increase in production.

TruCelt
04-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Wait, What?!? Suddenly I have infinity cursors. . .

MS4wNDUzfHwxMzg5NDc0Nzg5NDU4O05hTjsxMzk3MzQ3ODI1Nzc2O3wxMTExMDEwMTAwfDUuMTQ1NTY2OTAzNTk0Njc5NGUrOTU7 Mi4yMzAzMDIyODkzNjA5OTRlKzk2OzIzODM7Mjc2NTszLjQxMDQ2OTk3MTY1MDEyODNlKzk1OzE3MjE0Oy0xOy0xOzMuMjM0NjY2 NjY2NjY2NzYzNWUrMTczOzA7MDswOzA7LTE7MTA7NDU7MDswOzE0OzQ7MjQ2ODQ1OTsxMTt2YWxlbnRpbmVzOzA7MDt8MTAwMCwx MDAwLDQuMjc0NTA3OTExMjAxNDQ2NWUrOTEsMDszMDIsMzAyLDYuNjE1MTE2MjY0MjU1MDQzZSs4OSwwOzIwMCwyMDAsMy4zMTY2 NDg5MzUyMzgyNDhlKzg2LDA7MjAwLDIwMCw4Ljg5OTY1ODU3MzkzNjczZSs4NiwwOzIwNSwyMDUsMy4yMTM0MTY3MDgwNzIxMTkz ZSs4NywwOzQzOSw0MzksMS43NTczMTYyMDUyNTkwNjgyZSs4OCwwOzE0NTgsMTQ1OCwyLjAxNjc4NDk0MzM5NjY0MjRlKzg5LDA7 MTQ0MCwxNDQwLDIuOTIyODE2NzgyMzA5ODgyMmUrOTAsMDsxNDExLDE0MTEsMy43MzQzMTIwNTk3OTc5NjY0ZSs5MSwwOzEzOTEs MTM5MSwzLjcyNzQyNDU3NzM3OTQ1NWUrOTIsMDsxMzk1LDEzOTUsMy43MzgxNTAwNjQzODkxMzI1ZSs5MywwO3w0NTAzNTk5NjI3 MzcwNDk1OzQ1MDM1OTk2MjczNzA0OTU7MjI1Mjg5OTMyNTMxMzAyMzs0NTAzNTczNzQ4NjQ0MzUxOzI4MTQ3NDk3NjcxMDY1NTk7 MjM2NDM4ODA4NjkwNjg3OTs0NTAzNDk2NTQ4MTU1MzkxOzMwOTYyMDYxMjEzMDQwNjM7NTY3OTc5fDQ1MDM1OTk2MjczNzA0OTU7 MjI2MDUyNzE4NTEzMzU2Nzs0NTAzNTkxMDM3NDAzMTM1OzUxMTk%3D%21END%21

TruCelt
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh wait, I see. I still only have a thousand, but it would cost me infinity to buy another one. And I magically also have infinity cursors, and am making infinity per second; which is surprisingly dull.

TruCelt
04-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Hmmm. I tried a reset but I'm still getting infinity cookies per second with only one cursor. This is boring.

MS4wNDUzfHwxMzk3MzQ4NTUxMDc1O05hTjsxMzk3MzQ4NzE5NTEyO3wxMTExMTEwMTAwfDUuNzQ4MzMzMjU3Mjk0NDVlKzgxOzUu NzQ4MzMzMjU3Mjk0NDVlKzgxOzI4OzI3NjY7Mjg7MTcyMTg7LTE7LTE7My4yMzQ2NjY2NjY2NjY3NjM1ZSsxNzM7MDswOzA7MDsw OzExOzA7MDswOzA7MDswOzA7OzA7MDt8MSwxLDUuNzQ4MzMzMjU3Mjk0NDVlKzgxLDA7MCwwLDAsMDswLDAsMCwwOzAsMCwwLDA7 MCwwLDAsMDswLDAsMCwwOzAsMCwwLDA7MCwwLDAsMDswLDAsMCwwOzAsMCwwLDA7MCwwLDAsMDt8MjI1MTc5OTgxMzY4NTI3OTsy MjUxOTM3MjUyNjMwNTI5OzIyNTE3OTk4MTM3MTc1MDU7MjgxNDcyMzg2MzExNTc3NzsyODEyNTUwNzQ0Mzc0Nzg1OzIyNTE3OTk4 MTQyMDk1MzU7MjI1MTc5OTgxMzY4NTI3OTsyMjUxNzk5OTE0MzU2NzM3OzY1NTMyOXw0NTAzNTk5NjI3MzcwNDk1OzIyNjA1Mjcx ODUxMzM1Njc7NDUwMzU5MTAzNzQwMzEzNTs1MTE5%21END%21

Chronos
04-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Apparently, there was a bug briefly where if you were in the middle of a cookie chain while a frenzy ended, you got a ludicrous amount of cookies. That might have happened to you.

How many Heavenly Chips does it say you have?

levdrakon
05-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Well, I have all my upgrades except the one I get for invoking Elder Pledge 10 times. That should give me 193/194. Can't figure out what the last one is. I've invoked and revoked Elder Covenant.

Only one achievement left, popping 200 reindeer. Working on that now. That should bring me to 149/149 achievs.

Business Day was kinda lame. It changed the graphics but didn't give out any goodies.

Chronos
05-08-2014, 03:20 PM
How the heck did you get to 200 prisms and 400 cursors without getting 200 reindeer?

Do you have Octillion Fingers, all 7 Christmas cookies, and all 7 Halloween cookies?

levdrakon
05-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I have Octillion Fingers and all the cookies. Aren't there only six each of the holiday cookies?

I reset and lost my reindeer maybe. I rushed through Christmas to get the cookies and move on.

pancakes3
05-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Pretty unlikely, considering one would have popped a good amount just to get the christmas cookies but the man says 193/194 so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sitting at 2.266 quadrillion/sec, 17.484 sextillion all time, 173,404 HC's, and 175/194 upgrades. 143/153 achievements.

I've got 300 cursors, 200 grandma's and 150 of everything else. It's these damn prisms that are taking forever. Instead of just letting it run, I reset every week or two to get more HC's but it doesn't seem to be a very rewarding strategy.

ETA: There are 7 xmas cookies. Christmas tree, snowflake, snowman, holly, candycane, bell, and present box.

levdrakon
05-08-2014, 04:10 PM
ETA: There are 7 xmas cookies. Christmas tree, snowflake, snowman, holly, candycane, bell, and present box.Right, I've got 'em.

levdrakon
05-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Found the missing upgrade. It was the ghost cookie. All done!

Chronos
05-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I reset and lost my reindeer maybe. I rushed through Christmas to get the cookies and move on.
But beyond staying in Halloween and Valentine's Day just long enough to get their seasonal cookies, there's no reason ever to not be in Christmas. Eldeers (clicking a reindeer during an Elder Frenzy) are the single biggest cookie-earner, and even if you're not getting those, the occasional deer is still better than the nothing any of the other seasons gets you, and by the time it unlocks the Season Switcher is so cheap that it might as well be considered free.

TruCelt
05-08-2014, 10:10 PM
OK, so in the settings now there is an option for "Short Numbers" which at some level turns numbers in scientific notation to "Infinity." It still calculates and builds normally, with you eventually running out of cookies with which to buy new stuff, but the nomenclature will still say "Infinity."

drewtwo99
05-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Infinity just isn't as big as it used to be back in the good ol days.

TruCelt
05-09-2014, 12:51 AM
LOL! that's for sure. I'm working up to 1500 of everything. I'm kinda stalled around 1450 on most things though, especially the Prisms which are at just 1422 and I think it would take a full day to get the next one.

I'm in Christmas right now, trying to get reindeer #200 (Thank you lev! I couldn't figure out what that one would be! I thought I was milk related.)

Chronos
05-09-2014, 04:29 PM
If you cheated your way up to 1422 prisms, what's stopping you from cheating the last 78, too?

TruCelt
05-10-2014, 08:59 AM
I cheated a few things, but not to the extent you are assuming. I cheated for the shadow achievements etc. which are (or used to be!) built into the game. In a game like this, there's a gray area of cheat/hack/find the easter eggs and everybody has to find those lines for themselves. I don't just cheat up some cookies, but I will skip to the end of a grind process. Another good example, I've clicked 50 reindeer, there's a good chance that later today I'll borrow some auto-clicker code and just close that one out.

levdrakon
05-10-2014, 02:22 PM
I played the game without cheating for a long time. After awhile I got bored and started playing with Cookie Cheat. Sometimes I cheated quite a lot, like giving myself nothing but Elder Frenzies and Click Frenzies over and over. Eventually I started having overheating problems, cheating or not, so I had to lay off the game for awhile.

Now I did a wipe and have started over, only now I'm using Frozen Cookie. I'm using it as an auto player to click & buy stuff for me, as well as speed clicking Click Frenzies when they come up. I guess that's cheating, but it doesn't just *give* you stuff; it still has to be earned. It's a compromise. I can't leave my laptop running all the time so letting Frozen Cookie play it for me sort of makes up for the time I can't leave it running for hours and hours.

I'm up to 156 HCs. I plan on resetting a lot, and see how long it takes to build up HCs without the gratuitous cheating I did before.

Chronos
05-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Quoth TruCelt:

I cheated a few things, but not to the extent you are assuming.
I'm assuming that you cheated to an extent that it was possible for you to get 1422 prisms. It's simply not possible to have gotten to that point, or anywhere close to it, legitimately in the time since the game's been released.

Try2B Comprehensive
05-11-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm at 338,000+ HCs, and I've never 'cheated'. But I don't see why Cookie Clicker has to follow different rules than other computer games. There are whole games devoted to blowing things up or hacking things to pieces. I've heard you can run over street prostitutes with a tank in Vice City, though I've never seen it. Cheating at Cookie Clicker just doesn't seem so sinister by comparison.

Chronos
05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah, 338,000 HCs is a believable number, but that's not what TruCelt is claiming. He's claiming to have 1422 prisms. That means that the last prism he bought cost about 3.47*10^76 chips. The cookies just from that last prism alone, never mind the 1421 that came before it, would net him about 2.6*10^32 heavenly chips. And if we suppose that he has, oh, ten times that many chips, then it would take him not "a full day" of his full production to buy the next one, but about a couple hundred trillion times the lifespan of the Universe.

I'm not making a value judgment here, or anything, but if you're cheating to that extent, don't try to say that it's "just a little bit".

Frylock
05-11-2014, 11:42 PM
This game is insane and makes no sense and the same goes for all you people.

Frylock
05-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Of course I am not one to talk as I continue to play the slot machine that calls itself diablo iii

chicagowhitesox1173
05-12-2014, 02:47 AM
My current stats.
Cookies baked alltime 77.5 sextillion
Heavenly Chips 384,865
Golden cookie clicks 23,077
Cookie per second 5.7 quaddrillion
Most Prisms owned 177...I think to get 200 prisms in a reasonable time you will need at least 1 million heavenly chips.

The 176th prism cost me 3.5 sextillion.

The 177th Prism cost me 4.0 sextillion. I'm guessing the 200th Prism alone will cost around 30-35 sextillion if not more.

Mince
05-12-2014, 04:38 AM

Jesus, dude; you need a hobby...other than Cookie Clicker.

chicagowhitesox1173
05-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Jesus, dude; you need a hobby...other than Cookie Clicker.

Yeah I kinda do...on a side note, I'm now at 23,222 golden cookies. Yeah I usually watch movies while I play this. I've never been a fan of video games so I have no idea why I like this game so much. Also I'm pretty new to the internet and this is the only free game that I know of.

I will be going back to work so I think my cookie clicker addiction will probably end.

Chronos
05-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Quoth chicagowhitesox1173:

My current stats.
Cookies baked alltime 77.5 sextillion
Heavenly Chips 384,865
Cookie per second 5.7 quaddrillion
Most Prisms owned 177...I think to get 200 prisms in a reasonable time you will need at least 1 million heavenly chips.
Well, it depends on what you mean by "a reasonable time", but let's assume that means the time it took you to get to this point in your current game. By my back-of-the-envelope calculations, that would require something like 6 million heavenly chips.

Every time you buy another building, the cost of that building increases by a factor of exactly 1.15. This means that the price roughly doubles every five purchases, which means that to buy five more of anything, you have to spend about as much money as you've spent on those things total this session. If you're currently at 177 and targeting 200, then, you need between four and five doublings, almost all of which is going to come from your heavenly chips.

And you don't even want to know what it would take for 400 cursors.

chicagowhitesox1173
05-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Well, it depends on what you mean by "a reasonable time", but let's assume that means the time it took you to get to this point in your current game. By my back-of-the-envelope calculations, that would require something like 6 million heavenly chips.

Every time you buy another building, the cost of that building increases by a factor of exactly 1.15. This means that the price roughly doubles every five purchases, which means that to buy five more of anything, you have to spend about as much money as you've spent on those things total this session. If you're currently at 177 and targeting 200, then, you need between four and five doublings, almost all of which is going to come from your heavenly chips.

And you don't even want to know what it would take for 400 cursors.

I think the 400 cursors is over 1 septillion. Hopefully the new update will help with that. The maker of the game said he will be releasing a Easter update soon. I guess he was sick so that's why it's taking so long.

levdrakon
05-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Boy, Kitten Managers is expensive. I didn't notice when I had millions of HCs. 400 cursors and 200 prisms will take a bit too. I was up in the octillions before. :)

That's one thing about this game. I'm familiar with billions and trillions from both real life (news obviously) and playing various games, but until CC I probably couldn't have told you for sure what comes after trillion. Now I'm familiar with quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion and octillion.

Foggy
05-16-2014, 11:47 PM
I just started over again from scratch after months away.

At what point should I reset in regards to Heavenly Chips? I'm at 124 trillion all time.

I was changing the name of the bakery from Orteil back to Foggy, when I somehow deleted the naming space. Know how to get it back?

I tried to use a cheat for Golden Cookies, but I can't get it to work.

Firefox (I'm using Pale Moon)

Windows: Press CTRL + SHIFT + K to open the console. Click on the "scratchpad" icon on the right. After entering the desired code, press CTRL + R to execute it.

Windows Alternate: Press CTRL + SHIFT + K to open the console. Make sure Console is selected at the top left, and that JS is selected below it. At the bottom of the console, you will see >>, indicating that this is where you enter your code. Enter what you need, and hit 'enter' to run it. The results should be displayed. Note that a return of 'undefined' does not mean that it failed to execute, just that there was nothing to display back to the user.

Cheat code:
setInterval(function() { /*Game.goldenCookie.wrath = 0;*/ Game.goldenCookie.delay = 0; }, 1);

Any help?

Thanks

chicagowhitesox1173
05-17-2014, 12:53 AM
I just started over again from scratch after months away.

At what point should I reset in regards to Heavenly Chips? I'm at 124 trillion all time.

I was changing the name of the bakery from Orteil back to Foggy, when I somehow deleted the naming space. Know how to get it back?

I tried to use a cheat for Golden Cookies, but I can't get it to work.

Cheat code:
setInterval(function() { /*Game.goldenCookie.wrath = 0;*/ Game.goldenCookie.delay = 0; }, 1);

Any help?

Thanks

I reset at 11 quadrillion on my first reset. I would say 1 quadrillion is probably a decent reset for the first time though.

New updates are coming out tomorrow. Already out on Beta

TimeWinder
05-17-2014, 09:50 AM

I generally reset each time the HC count will double (i.e. every time the "All Time" count is four times the "forfeited" count), unless I'm close to some goal. But it's arbitrary; I suspect that the optimal rate in terms of all-time cookie counts would be to reset immediately after you've gotten all the cookies/buildings that don't require whatever you consider to be an unreasonable wait, but that would make it hard to get the high-building-count achievements.

Chronos
05-17-2014, 10:04 AM
I *think* that the optimal reset point is something like when the ratio of chips you will have to chips you have now is equal to the ratio of total time spent this session to time spent building up to your current rate ("current rate" should be interpreted in terms of major increases like Kitten Managers, not just going from 150 prisms to 151 or the like). Personally, though, I just try to grow my chips by sqrt(2), i.e., current game = forfeited.

Obviously, neither of these is really applicable to one's first reset. For that one, I'd try for, oh, two hundred chips, maybe? Any less than that, and you're probably better off just waiting in your current game, because the next one won't be much different.

levdrakon
05-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I usually wait until my potential HCs is double what I started the current session with. I also wait until it becomes annoyingly long before I can buy another cursor or prism.

levdrakon
05-18-2014, 03:22 PM
New update, "better late than easter" is out. Refresh your games kids.

Amblydoper
05-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Great Update! Wrinklers now heal themselves. There is a season to compete with Christmas. Bunnies! The easter egg hunt is fun. Save your Chocolate egg until you are ready to reset.

levdrakon
05-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Great Update! Wrinklers now heal themselves. There is a season to compete with Christmas. Bunnies! The easter egg hunt is fun. Save your Chocolate egg until you are ready to reset.My chocolate egg got me 6 Qi eggs. How does it work? I just buy stuff. I have about 12 or so eggs. I think there are more.

Foggy
05-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Eggs-cellent!

chicagowhitesox1173
05-19-2014, 10:23 PM
My chocolate egg got me 6 Qi eggs. How does it work? I just buy stuff. I have about 12 or so eggs. I think there are more.

Yeah I bought the chocolate egg too, the more cookies you have the bigger the payout for it. I can't imagine it being to much if you wait because I had 30 sextillion and all I got was 167 quadrillion for clicking it.

There's 20 total eggs.

Try2B Comprehensive
05-20-2014, 12:44 AM
I got 'wrinklerspawn', which causes wrinklers to explode into 5% more cookies. I think that could really add up.

Chronos
05-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Chocolate egg gives you 5% of your bank, so you want to leave it in the store until you're about to reset, then sell all your buildings, buy that, then reset. It also means that you're better off not buying things in the end game just because you can, because you don't get full value when you sell them back: It's not worth it to buy something unless it'll earn you ~3% of its purchase price in the time until reset.

I'm currently sitting at 19/21 eggs found, and of course Omelet (which increases the rate of finding eggs) is one of the two I'm missing. I'm pretty sure the other one would be Goose Egg, but I haven't double-checked the comprehensive lists. And it's really annoying that this egg hunt is keeping me away from my eldeer, but there's an achievement for them, so obviously I need to find them all.

Also note that the "normal" eggs (chicken, duck, robin, frogspawn, etc.) increase a completely new multiplier, not the same one that cookies and heavenly chips give, so they always remain relevant.

Idle Thoughts
05-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Ah, Cookieclicker, the gift that keeps on giving.

With regular updates, this game is always going to draw me back. :( Is that a good thing?

Chronos
05-20-2014, 02:33 PM
And I just checked the full list, and there are 20 eggs (as chicagowhitesox1173 said), not 21, which means that Omelet is the only one I'm missing. Which means that it's totally useless for anything except getting the achievement, but I still really want to get that achievement, for the milk and for the boost on next reset. Grr.

Oh, and I've got to say that I love the El-Ahrairah quote on the biscuit that activates Easter season.

levdrakon
05-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Chocolate egg gives you 5% of your bank, so you want to leave it in the store until you're about to reset, then sell all your buildings, buy that, then reset. It also means that you're better off not buying things in the end game just because you can, because you don't get full value when you sell them back: It's not worth it to buy something unless it'll earn you ~3% of its purchase price in the time until reset.So selling your buildings and maximizing the cookies in the bank gets you more HCs?

The omelette egg looks like a fried egg.

Chronos
05-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes, I finally got it! Now I can go back to hunting eldeer, just as God mutant beholder Santa intended.

Hal Briston
05-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Woot! 100 sextillion cookies!

Airman Doors, USAF
05-24-2014, 12:24 AM
I broke it.

I have NaN cookies, CPM:Infinity, with Infinity Heavenly Chips.

I used my largesse to buy 1500 of everything, except for cursors, of which I have 3000.

I have yet to figure out how that happened, but since the world is my oyster I won't complain. I caught a frenzy and the game done went nuts on me.

Try2B Comprehensive
05-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Happy Memorial Day!

I finally got 200 Antimatter Condensers (the last one cost 4.654 sextillion). So, an achievement for that. Four achievements for the Easter Egg hunt. One for re-naming your bakery. I got the Cat's Paw finally this round. And when I reset, with ~+50% HCs, I'll get two more achievements for retiring with quintillions and sextillions.

A true bonanza.

pancakes3
06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm having a balls-hard time getting all the eggs.

Inner Stickler
06-02-2014, 10:13 AM
I believe the trick is to open your game in 10 windows or so and go through each window clicking wrinklers. Whichever one gives you the most eggs, that's the save you continue playing with.

levdrakon
06-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Got all the eggs. Now it's just booooooring, building up to 200 prisms and 400 cursors. It's taking longer than I thought.

Chronos
06-02-2014, 02:04 PM
I believe the trick is to open your game in 10 windows or so and go through each window clicking wrinklers. Whichever one gives you the most eggs, that's the save you continue playing with.
Heh. I just re-started a couple hours ago, and tried this... And my very first window, the one I had originally, gave me omelet and five ordinary eggs. Yeah, I'm keeping that one.

Idle Thoughts
06-12-2014, 06:39 AM
One for re-naming your bakery.

I read you also get one for naming your bakery "Orteil".

ETA: Yup, you do, I just tried it.

Try2B Comprehensive
06-15-2014, 11:51 AM
I read you also get one for naming your bakery "Orteil".

ETA: Yup, you do, I just tried it.
Meh, that is a shadow achievement, no effect on cookie production. Window dressing!

Now that chocolate egg is something else- I got 3 sextillion from it before my last reset by hoarding cookies and selling all my buildings. Not bad.

chicagowhitesox1173
06-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Meh, that is a shadow achievement, no effect on cookie production. Window dressing!

Now that chocolate egg is something else- I got 3 sextillion from it before my last reset by hoarding cookies and selling all my buildings. Not bad.

How much did you have in your bank?

Chronos
06-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Presumably, 60 sextillion.

And I just got the 200 AMC achievement earlier today.

chicagowhitesox1173
06-15-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm at 190 prisms. I kinda want to reset because I hear the last 10 are pretty tough to get.

Try2B Comprehensive
06-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Presumably, 60 sextillion.

Right. I hoarded ~15 sextillion and got ~45 sextillion out of selling all my buildings. Thanks to 'egg', with no buildings, I was still producing over 3 million cps.

I'm at 190 prisms. I kinda want to reset because I hear the last 10 are pretty tough to get.
Do it. Maybe reset twice. I only have 181!

Chronos
06-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Yeah, exponential growth is misleading. 190/200 prisms feels like it ought to be 95%, so you feel like you're "almost there", and should just hang in a little bit longer. Really, though, you're only about 25% of the way. Multiple resets are called for. This time around, just grab any achievements you can (though you probably already have all that you can get, at that point).

Try2B Comprehensive
06-16-2014, 11:45 PM
And I just got the 200 AMC achievement earlier today.
It is quite a bonus, no?

Still, to double one's prisms would be the ultimate bonanza, if only it were possible to get there...

Chronos
06-17-2014, 10:51 AM
It is quite a bonus, no?
The achievement itself is only a percent or so increase in production, which is... nice, I guess. The upgrade to double them would be nice, except that I had to wreck all the rest of my infrastructure to get that, so there was no point continuing on before resetting.

And just you wait. Eventually, you'll toil and strive to just barely get that 200th prism... and then within a couple of resets after that, it'll become routine, just like Kitten Managers is now.

chicagowhitesox1173
07-03-2014, 12:02 AM
Anyone get 200 prisms yet? I'm at 196

Chronos
07-03-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm only at 185. I could buy one more right now, and probably one or maybe two if I popped all my wrinklers, but I'm into the "save up for chocolate egg" phase of my current game right now (I estimate that it's optimal to start that phase at approximately halfway to one's target reset value).

Incidentally, I've done the math in more detail, and because of HCs scaling as the square root of Baked All Time, the long-term growth of cookies is only quadratic, not exponential. Which means that, absent some significant new updates, 400 cursors or reset with 1 octillion is going to take friggin' forever (think decades).

Iggy
07-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Dragging this back up again.

Cookies all time: 51.979 septillion
Heavenly Chips: 10.116 million
Golden cookies all time: 44,651

I did write a custom AutoHotKey script that I can make rapidly click the cookie when the system is idle. I can make the window as small as possible and leave my script to click away. Racked up 1.4 million cookie clicks since my last reset less than a day ago.

It now takes about 10 hours to go from reset to 200 prisms. But getting the last two achievements, 400 cursors or 1 octillion, is still a long way away.

Idle Thoughts
07-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Coincidentally (to the recent bump above), they've seemed to have added more cookie upgrades.

I now have a huge assortment of macarons...Lemon, Chocolate, Hazelnut...a few others.

You might need to refresh your game to see them.

Chronos
07-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Those have been there for a while. Most of the macarons showed up with the same update that gave us Kitten Managers, and the last few have been there for at least a month.

pancakes3
07-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Installed cookie monster finally this week after ~8 months of playing and seeing the numbers spelled out has officially made this game a grind. I'm guestimating another... 8 months before maxing out the game? I'm fairly confident the developer is metering out updates accordingly so that nobody maxes out ever. I know I would.

673,982 HC, 14 Quad/s, 200+ of everything except 174 prisms.

Chronos
07-26-2014, 12:58 AM
I was briefly maxed out (100% upgrades, 100% achievements) at one point-- I think before the Christmas update. So if his goal is that nobody ever max out, he's failed. But yeah, it's pretty much impossible to catch up now-- It'd take a lot more than 8 more months to get the last two achievements.

Critical1
07-26-2014, 01:28 AM
I was briefly maxed out (100% upgrades, 100% achievements) at one point-- I think before the Christmas update. So if his goal is that nobody ever max out, he's failed. But yeah, it's pretty much impossible to catch up now-- It'd take a lot more than 8 more months to get the last two achievements.

art money is all I have to say about this game,

chicagowhitesox1173
08-07-2014, 03:36 PM
My current stats, I think there might be a update tomorrow for the 1 year anneversaty.

Cookies baked alltime 1.7 septillion
Golden cookies alltime 34,242
Heavenly chips 1.713 million
currently 45.1 quadrillion cookies per second.
Reached Bicentenial achievment 3 weeks ago.
Cookies baked this game....207 sextillion

Morgyn
08-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Clicked the big cookie 28 times, which was enough for one cursor and the first Heavenly Chip upgrade. That one cursor is now generating 1.675 million cps.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-11-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm at almost 1.5 septillion all-time.

I thought my mouse might be wearing out, so I got a new, wireless one. I installed it without un-plugging the old one, and realized that my computer can run with two mice simultaneously. So, when I get a 7x, 666x or 777x golden cookie, I can click one mouse with two fingers and the other with one (I lose control and pop my wrinklers if I try to use 4 fingers). I can click as many as 75 times per refresh- assuming that is 5 seconds, we're talking 15 clicks per second.

So far this game, I have 23.5 sextillion hand-made cookies out of 304 sextillion total. Not a colossal improvement, but it does move the needle.

I'm at 1.536 million HCs and 192 prisms. I think I'll build up to close to 2 million HCs and then reset one more time before going for 200 prisms. It will probably take about another 3 weeks to a month.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Now I'm at 27.6 sextillion handmade out of 309. Got a 777x clicking bonus while in a 7x frenzy- that's really a great combo.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-12-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm at 195 prisms. I think I may go for my second bicentennial. I have 400 sextillion baked this game, I'll need around 350 sextillion more to reach it. The new update looks like it will have 3 new buildings...sorcerers buildings, temples and banks. He may substitute temples and banks for alchemany labs and portals to make them more powerful though....just a rumor though.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Now I'm at 27.6 sextillion handmade out of 309. Got a 777x clicking bonus while in a 7x frenzy- that's really a great combo.

Yeah the only thing that comes close is a cookie chain during a 7x frenzy.

Chronos
08-12-2014, 10:23 AM
No, the top combo is a reindeer during an elder frenzy. Which are actually fairly common, if you have the Golden Goose Egg and make an effort to keep your cookies and deer synchronized. I never even buy pledges at all any more, eldeer are so good.

Amusingly, this morning I got an eldeer, and while I was still clicking out the rest of the Elder Frenzy, all of my wrinklers lost their Santa hats. Talk about just-in-time!

ZenBeam
08-12-2014, 12:35 PM
I thought about you, Chronos, when I came across this (http://particle-clicker.web.cern.ch/particle-clicker/).

I thought about starting its own thread, but decided to just drop it here, instead.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-12-2014, 04:26 PM
No, the top combo is a reindeer during an elder frenzy. Which are actually fairly common, if you have the Golden Goose Egg and make an effort to keep your cookies and deer synchronized. I never even buy pledges at all any more, eldeer are so good.

Amusingly, this morning I got an eldeer, and while I was still clicking out the rest of the Elder Frenzy, all of my wrinklers lost their Santa hats. Talk about just-in-time!

I'm not sure if I understand. So you think clicking a reindeer during a x7 is more powerful than a x777 during a x7? Even if you click a reindeer during a x777, I don't think you get anything more if you were in a x7.

What is a elder frenzy, is that a x777? I'm not sure what you mean about pledges. I constantly stay in the stage where your cps is at it's highest. Is it better to stay in a different stage?

Somebody was talking about what you described in the cc forum but I didn't understand what they were talking about.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Ok these are the three stages? Are these what your talking about?

-Elder covenant...you get a higher cps.
-Revoke elder covenant...you lose 5 percent of you cps.
-Elder Pledge....this is where the wrinklers come in.

Which one do you use? I just assumed that the Elder covenant is the best one due to the higher cps.

Chronos
08-12-2014, 04:45 PM
You've got it backwards. Elder Pledge turns off the Grandmapocalypse, for a short time (a half hour, or eventually an hour with an upgrade). Elder Covenant turns it off indefinitely, but decreases your CPS. Pledges are cheap enough that it is never worth it to use the covenant (except once just before you reset to get the achievement), because the cost of repeatedly buying pledges is less than the amount you lose from the covenant. Revoke Elder Covenant turns it back to the Grandmapocalypse and puts your CPS back to what it should be, but you should never have bought the covenant in the first place.

And this is all assuming that you don't want to have the grandmapocalypse, but you probably do want it anyway. It gives you wrinklers, which are great for your idle productivity, and it replaces your golden cookies with red cookies. Red cookies can have bad effects, and they never give a Frenzy effect... But they can also give an Elder Frenzy effect, which multiplies all of your production by 666 for twelve seconds. If you get a reindeer during that time (which, as I said, isn't that rare if you arrange it right), then you get a huge boost of cookies.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Yep, you are right. I just got 3.7 sextillion from a x666 reindeer. I probably get around 3 sextillion in a x777 with a x7 but those are very rare.

I get 397 quin for a x7.

CandidGamera
08-13-2014, 08:33 AM
I, uh, kinda sorta cheated without 'cheating', per se. A while back, some update fouled up prestige temporarily, and if you happened to refresh and get it before he put the patch in place an hour later, then you got a prompt afterward asking you to put in how many heavenly chips you had.

For a lark, I decided to see what a billion would do.

Apparently, it sets your 'all time baked cookies' based on the number you put in, so I've got 500 Octillion all time. Well, that was 3210 hours ago. Now I have.. 503.864 octillion.

So, yeah, it doesn't scale super-well. That's at 410 Cursors, 250 Prisms. I'm missing the 7777 Golden Cookie Achievement, and the latest four 'reset' achievements. 64.561 quintillion cookies per second.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-13-2014, 11:02 PM
I constantly stay in the stage where your cps is at it's highest. Is it better to stay in a different stage?
No, the top combo is a reindeer during an elder frenzy.
I think it is debatable- I seem to get more cookies from a 777 clicking frenzy during a 7x frenzy than I do from a 666x eldeer, though they are fairly comparable.

I don't advance the grandmacalypse to the final stage until the night before I am going to reset. I only prod my grandmas to "awoken"- that way I get the wrinklers, but also get mostly golden cookies. This results in a lot of 7x frenzies, but what usually happens is a second, "lucky" cookie will appear at the end of them. Right now those are worth ~340 quintillion, plus 2 7x reindeer for another ~70 quintillion, plus the clicking... those add up quickly such that acquiring sextillions isn't very hard. And you still see the elder frenzies this way, too. And the 777x + 7x frenzies.

I think this way is better. Compare my results to chicagowhitesox1173- he's about .2 septillion ahead of me, but I only have 12,000 golden cookie clicks compared to his 36,000.

Chronos
08-14-2014, 04:24 PM
That'll partly be just because he's getting more cookie chains than you. And you also have to ask whether you've both been running the game continually, and each using your strategy consistently for the whole time. And of course it'll also depend on your clicking speed in those frenzy-click-frenzies.

I'm pretty sure, though, that all-pledge is better than partial-pocalypse. Getting a red cookie one time in three will drive down the chances that you'll be in a frenzy when you get a click frenzy, and click frenzies (which is where you're getting most of your income) don't benefit at all from having wrinklers. Plus, the other two grandmapocalypse upgrades provide a non-negligible increase to your CPS, which only gets more significant as you get deeper into the building purchases (theoretically, grandmas would eventually be producing more than prisms, though it would take an unrealistic investment before that happened).

Try2B Comprehensive
08-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Not to be nitpicky, but I do think I'm getting most of my income from wrinklers soaking up frenzy and Elder Frenzy time, plus frenzy lucky cookies. Personally, I've been generally consistent with my approach, and the game has been running more or less continuously since... October? WTF am I doing?!?

Anyway, if you count wrinkler profit along with the Eldeer, then yes, I think that is overall worth more than a super 777 frenzy. OTOH, I just got one of those, and clicked out 4.5+ sextillion, not bad, and I do believe more than I'd get from just an Eldeer alone, which is what I was comparing.

I'll consider your claims. Let me be clear about what you're doing- full grandmacalypse, yes? But at that point it is all red cookies, no? And if you take the pledges, the wrinklers vanish. And if you take the Covenant, you lose 5% of your production. You're implying that you're still getting golden cookies- what am I missing? Golden cookies + wrinklers and luckies is pretty much the point of my approach. The super 777s are just a nice bonus.

Chronos
08-15-2014, 11:22 AM
No, I'm not getting golden cookies. I'm going full grandmapocalypse, and so getting 100% red cookies. My last post was saying that, between the two choices of full-pledge and hybrid, I think that full-pledge is probably better. In any event, full-pledge is definitely better than Covenant.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-15-2014, 09:36 PM
I see. So how long to you have to wait between elder frenzies? Seems like they are pretty rare.

Chronos
08-15-2014, 10:54 PM
5.9% of red cookies are Elder Frenzy, so you get one about every 17 cookies. I don't know exactly how often I get a reindeer during the Elder Frenzy, but it's well over half of them (again, you have to manage them: If a cookie shows up and you don't already have a deer prancing across the screen, wait until you do, or until the cookie is about to disappear, before clicking it-- Once they get synched up, they tend to stay synched).

Namkcalb
08-16-2014, 04:22 PM
6am.... I hate you so much :)

Try2B Comprehensive
08-16-2014, 06:31 PM
5.9% of red cookies are Elder Frenzy, so you get one about every 17 cookies. I don't know exactly how often I get a reindeer during the Elder Frenzy, but it's well over half of them (again, you have to manage them: If a cookie shows up and you don't already have a deer prancing across the screen, wait until you do, or until the cookie is about to disappear, before clicking it-- Once they get synched up, they tend to stay synched).
All right. For round numbers, let's say you get 30 cookies an hour. An elder frenzy provides 666x12 seconds= 7992 production seconds, or 133.2 minutes. A 7x frenzy yields 7x154 seconds= 1078 production seconds, or 17.9 minutes. The deer scale accordingly.

So, if you get 2 elder frenzies an hour, that's 266.4 production minutes. I'm likely to get 10 7x frenzies and one elder frenzy, or 312 production minutes. I'm ahead already, but there's more.

-I can get up to twice as many frenzy deer, since the 7x frenzy lasts long enough to catch two apiece.

-You are spending much more time in a cookie clot, though I get some of those too.

-I get those 777x7 clicking frenzies once in a while, and you don't.

-Most importantly, I get 7xlucky cookies- a lucky cookie during a regular 7x frenzy. I am just shy of 40 quadrillion cookies per second, and those suckers are worth 333 quintillion apiece. They really add up and are pretty common.

It is debatable exactly what composition of cookies I get over an hour, though I remain convinced that I am on the One True Path to maximum cookies. Next time I play cookie clicker through my radio listening hour, I'll try to keep track and give you better numbers.

Chronos
08-16-2014, 07:20 PM
-I can get up to twice as many frenzy deer, since the 7x frenzy lasts long enough to catch two apiece.
I don't get any frenzy deer. I get elder frenzy deer. Those are worth 95 times as much as your frenzy deer.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Only 42.5x as much if you consider that I am getting twice as many. And, I get ~56% as many Eldeer as you. Plus all those other factors.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-17-2014, 08:56 PM
All right, I had my Radio Listening Hour and played cookie clicker for an hour, give or take a minute, keeping track of what cookies I got. My estimates were actually pretty close. Here's the breakdown:

Lucky: 4
x7 Frenzy: 10
x7 Lucky: 5
Elder Frenzy: 1
7x777 clicking frenzy: 1
Cookie Chain: 2
Clot: 3
Ruin: 4

30 cookies in all, alas no Eldeer this time. I felt like I was unlucky to get only 5 7xlucky cookies, it feels like I usually get them more often, but that's what I got. Anyway, assuming one gets 2 Elder Frenzies per hour at full Grandmocalypse, it does look like this method comes out ahead.

I'm just about to reset, so I'll see if I can find another hour to do it the other way and see what happens. The next reset is going to run for 40 days and 40 nights- I will get the 200 prisms and 1 septillion in a game achievements, and want a lot of HC's before I let it run that long- I won't want to wait another 2 weeks to get back up to where I was before with yet another reset.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I haven't gotten a heavenly chip in over 30 minutes now. Maybe a sign of the new update? I did read that it might be complete on August 24th.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-25-2014, 12:45 PM
New update out on Beta.

TimeWinder
08-25-2014, 02:09 PM
I haven't gotten a heavenly chip in over 30 minutes now. Maybe a sign of the new update? I did read that it might be complete on August 24th.

You only get heavenly chips when you reset. You never get them over time.

Inner Stickler
08-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes, but you can calculate your projected HCs based on the cookies you'd forfeit.

Chronos
08-25-2014, 04:29 PM
But those calculations would come from a third-party add-on, which would not be aware of any changes in the way they're calculated. Anyway, a half hour isn't a log time to go without one, assuming you happened to not get a big bonus (Eldeer or FCF) in it.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah I meant to say Golden cokies

Try2B Comprehensive
08-26-2014, 10:47 PM
I left it running for about a week while I was out of town, and when I returned the golden cookies had become invisible, though I could still see the red ones (I could tell they were there by shrinking the window down and clicking for a couple minutes to try and catch one). Other things like building icons also dropped out of view. It all resolved itself when I reset. There is some kind of bug in the program.

pancakes3
08-27-2014, 08:35 PM
New update out on Beta.

I don't see it. What is it?

Chronos
08-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Oh, and,
Woohoo, bicentennial!

To be followed by the next tier of reset-with-a-bunch-of-cookies achievement, as soon as I decide to restart, but with the 200 prisms boost, I think I might as well leave it go for a while longer now.

Try2B Comprehensive
08-27-2014, 09:57 PM
You beat me to it, you bastard. If I hadn't just reset, I might have it by now.

chicagowhitesox1173
08-28-2014, 12:03 AM
I don't see it. What is it?

Did you check the Beta version? The new buildings are Banks, Temples, and Wizard Towers. It should be coming onto the live version soon. Apparently he still has a bunch of new updates in the works.

Amblydoper
08-28-2014, 04:27 AM
The Beta is very unbalanced and the upgrades are bugged. Don't upgrade your current games to the beta. With a few million HC, you can "finish" the game in a matter of days.

I started over in the beta with a different browser. Almost ready to "Ascend" for the first time, and bake some Heavenly cookies and purchase Prestige upgrades. Should be a great new addition to the game, and add a lot more variety to the standard strategies.

TruCelt
08-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Are you guys finding that the beta has no heavenly chips? And no "reset" button, only "Wipe Save"? Or am I just having trouble because I tried to load my game into it?

Amblydoper
08-30-2014, 02:17 AM
Are you guys finding that the beta has no heavenly chips? And no "reset" button, only "Wipe Save"? Or am I just having trouble because I tried to load my game into it?

They just changed.

To reset, you now click on "Legacy" then "Ascend" (you can only Ascend once you have earned a Heavenly Chip).

Your Heavenly Chips can then be used to purchase permanent upgrades or to bake Heavenly Cookies, which work like Heavenly Chips used to.

Try2B Comprehensive
09-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Finally got 200 prisms, and am now cruising along at 92.5 quadrillion per second. I didn't think it would take so long!

I've been running the beta in parallel in the meantime. In less than 10 days I'm approaching 2 sextillion, with no ascending yet. I think the beta run could surpass my other game in not too long.

TexCat
09-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I finally got 200 prisms, but I may never get 400 cursors. They just get too expensive for so little reward.

And my default season still seems to be Easter? It does seem like it's closer to Halloween than Easter. I've seen a bunch of pumpkins about. Though unfortunately I've also seen a few Santas in the local stores.

TruCelt
09-15-2014, 12:12 AM
The beta keeps overheating my computer. I can't for the life of me figure out why that be. I've got the graphics and other options set way low. I'm only up to about 550k per second. I'm really confused as to what could be using so much processor time.

levdrakon
09-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Another update? Oy, my poor laptop needs new fans. Maybe a cryogenic refrigeration unit. Do they make those?

TruCelt
09-15-2014, 04:32 PM
So it's not just me then? Weird.

Try2B Comprehensive
09-16-2014, 01:58 AM
My laptop was overheating and spontaneously shutting down a few months ago. I blew some canned air through the cooling fan vents, blew out a bunch of dust, and it has been good ever since.

Foggy
12-17-2015, 11:49 AM
They're coming to take me away Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
to the cookie farm where life is beautiful all the time,
and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
and they're coming to take me away ha ha...

Major update incoming!

From Orteil's Tumblr (http://orteil42.tumblr.com/post/135377128675/k-status-update-i-just-got-done-coding-the-rest)

...the update has 319 upgrades, up from 244 on the current beta and 216 on live
the update has 249 achievements, up from 205 on beta and 158 on live
there are 56 heavenly upgrades, up from 34 on the beta
there might be some horrible horrible bugs i failed to catch, so the update will be released to /beta first
due to heavy infrastructure changes, the update will not be compatible with your current saves on /beta (but you will be able to continue your saves from live, of course)
release of the update to /beta estimated within the week (aiming for in a couple days)...

Thing Fish
12-18-2015, 03:53 PM
]I usually don't tell people this for fear of being judged or, y'know, diagnosed, but I think those of you on this thread will be able to relate. When I was a small child, I would sometimes stare at a digital clock for hours at a time.

Thank you, Idle Thoughts, for returning me to this simple, childlike pleasure. I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.

24 hours in, I am rapidly approaching my quadrillionth cookie and am churning them out at 30 bn cps. I just upgraded to the Elder Santa. I have 45 Prisms and slightly larger numbers of antimatter condensers, time machines, and portals; everything else except grandmothers (I have 111) seems to be a waste of time. I have 46% of possible acheivements and 51% of possible upgrades; Having read the first few pages of this thread, I have not purchased One Mind! I have serious marital difficulties and have caused one small kitchen fire thus far due to distraction by cookies.

levdrakon
12-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Just fired it up after, I dunno, almost a year or so? It reset so I had to reload an old saved game. No idea how far behind that puts me. Can't remember.

Folly
12-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Noooooooope. Escaped the cookie hole once, not getting sucked back in again!

excavating (for a mind)
12-19-2015, 10:10 AM
]I usually don't tell people this for fear of being judged or, y'know, diagnosed, but I think those of you on this thread will be able to relate. When I was a small child, I would sometimes stare at a digital clock for hours at a time.

Thank you, Idle Thoughts, for returning me to this simple, childlike pleasure. I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.

24 hours in, I am rapidly approaching my quadrillionth cookie and am churning them out at 30 bn cps. I just upgraded to the Elder Santa. I have 45 Prisms and slightly larger numbers of antimatter condensers, time machines, and portals; everything else except grandmothers (I have 111) seems to be a waste of time. I have 46% of possible acheivements and 51% of possible upgrades; Having read the first few pages of this thread, I have not purchased One Mind! I have serious marital difficulties and have caused one small kitchen fire thus far due to distraction by cookies.

Bolding mine.

Interesting choice of words.

Chronos
12-19-2015, 10:44 AM
In the very long run, most of your income will come from grandmothers and cursors, but that doesn't mean that the other buildings are useless. Rather, their value comes from increasing the value of your cursors, via the "...for every building you own" cursor upgrades.

In the not-quite-so-long run, prisms, antimatter condensers, and maybe even time machines also give you non-negligible contributions on their own. The cursor contribution at this point will be relatively small, but they're also correspondingly cheaper than antimatter.

Lumpy
12-19-2015, 01:38 PM
What the heck is a Golden Cookie click, and how do you do them?

Chronos
12-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Every so often, a yellowish cookie about a third the diameter of the Big Cookie will show up at a random spot in the window. It'll stick around for some amount of time before fading away. If you click it before that, it'll give you a benefit of some sort, usually either a lump-sum bonus of cookies (as many as you'd get from 20 minutes of current production rates), or a period during which your cookie production is multiplied sevenfold.

You can purchase upgrades which will make them show up more often or make the effects last longer, and there are achievements for clicking various quantities of them. If you go into the Grammapocalypse, some or all of the golden cookies will be replaced by red cookies (also known as wrath cookies), which are usually beneficial but sometimes have negative effects.

Try2B Comprehensive
12-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Um, I have left my Cookie Clicker running in the background ever since my last post. In the last few months I have taken to resetting it every 1000 hours or so. I am up to 10.857 million heavenly chips, gunning for 1 octillion cookies! (it'll still be awhile tho)

Foggy
12-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Remember your current saves will not be compatible with the upgrade when it goes live.

Chronos
12-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Your current beta saves will not be compatible. Saves on the live game should still work, unless you have information to the contrary.

Lumpy
12-19-2015, 08:59 PM
I haven't seen one damn golden cookie in all the time I've been watching. I had to do an image search just to know what I'm looking for. Not one.

levdrakon
12-19-2015, 09:15 PM
How about reindeer or bunnies?

Lumpy
12-19-2015, 09:24 PM
Nope.

Foggy
12-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Your current beta saves will not be compatible. Saves on the live game should still work, unless you have information to the contrary.
No info to the contrary. Looks like I'm just confused, again, I think, maybe, I'm not sure. Ignore what I said or say.

:)

Rigamarole
12-20-2015, 02:45 AM
I haven't seen one damn golden cookie in all the time I've been watching. I had to do an image search just to know what I'm looking for. Not one.

They spawn every few minutes, but there is a bug where the very first time you load up the game they don't show up (nor do reindeer) until you reload the browser window. Do a save or auto-save and refresh the page, and you should start to see them.

Rigamarole
12-20-2015, 02:48 AM
]I have 45 Prisms and slightly larger numbers of antimatter condensers, time machines, and portals; everything else except grandmothers (I have 111) seems to be a waste of time.

Although it's true that they are vastly less efficient, the main reason to buy the other stuff is for the achievements, which will increase your milk, which is a very strong multiplier along with kittens in the end-game.

Lumpy
12-20-2015, 12:14 PM
They spawn every few minutes, but there is a bug where the very first time you load up the game they don't show up (nor do reindeer) until you reload the browser window. Do a save or auto-save and refresh the page, and you should start to see them.
THANK YOU!! I've reached the point where advancement is impossible without the cookies multipliers.

Lumpy
12-21-2015, 03:13 PM
A couple of questions: what the deal with resetting and Heavenly Chips? I'm not sure I understand how it works- do you want to deliberately reset every so often?

Also, once you do the One Mind upgrade What happens if you don't stop the wrinkler things from reaching the cookie? If something bad, that more or less ends leaving the game running in the background.

Cookies and reindeer have taken me about as far as I can go. Any further upgrades now cost tens of quadrillions of cookies. Is biting the bullet and taking the One Mind upgrade the only way to go forward?

Chronos
12-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Yes, you want to reset every so often. When you reset, you will get some number of Heavenly Chips, based on your all-time (across all resets) cookie production. Those Heavenly Chips will then give you a bonus on production in subsequent games. The details of this might be changing in the next update, though.

You want wrinklers to be nibbling on your Big Cookie. While the wrinklers are on the cookie, they'll eat 5% of your production each... but those cookies aren't lost; they're still there in the wrinklers. When you eventually pop the wrinklers, they'll give you back all of the cookies they nibbled, plus interest. The only times you actually want to pop wrinklers are if you're trying to find Halloween cookies or Easter eggs (a small random chance on each wrinkler-pop), or you need the cash to buy some significant building or upgrade, or if you're about to reset.

Rigamarole
12-21-2015, 07:25 PM
You want wrinklers to be nibbling on your Big Cookie. While the wrinklers are on the cookie, they'll eat 5% of your production each... but those cookies aren't lost; they're still there in the wrinklers. When you eventually pop the wrinklers, they'll give you back all of the cookies they nibbled, plus interest. The only times you actually want to pop wrinklers are if you're trying to find Halloween cookies or Easter eggs (a small random chance on each wrinkler-pop), or you need the cash to buy some significant building or upgrade, or if you're about to reset.

Caveat to this is if you're actively playing (i.e. looking out for golden cookies), you want to temporarily appease the elder grandmas by buying the pledge (don't buy the pact that permanently appeases them*, as it results in a net loss). That way all the cookies will be golden, rather than the red wrath cookies which are sometimes negative, and you don't have the wrinklers lowering your active CpS. You don't want them while you're clicking golden cookies because the production and click multipliers go by your current CpS.

It's OK and in fact preferable to start the Grandmapocalypse though, as it gives you a net increase to letting it run passively due to the wrinkler bonus.

*Actually, when you have enough cashflow that the ~66 trillion it costs is NBD, buy it once and then revoke it immediately so you get the achievement for it, and increase your milk a little.

Thing Fish
12-21-2015, 09:00 PM
100 hours in and I think I am starting to reach a point of diminishing returns. I have reset once and have a career total of 130 quadrillion cookies baked. I've had 109 achievements, and a few more seem reasonably within grasp (I finally gave in and peeked at the wiki, which let me get the tiny cookie and dunk the cookie right away), but I don't see sticking around to get 200 prisms or 7777 golden cookies. Might try for the trillion cps, though! By bedtime tonight I should be able to be close to half a trillion (that's assuming I just let it run, of course. It's not like I'm actually going to sit there for hours looking for cookies. Oh, hell, I probably am).

Lumpy
12-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Do red cookies give you anything good that golden cookies do not?
And does appeasement/covenant stall any further research while on?

Rigamarole
12-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Do red cookies give you anything good that golden cookies do not?

There's one that's x666 production for 6 seconds (or 12, if you have the 3rd golden cookie upgrade), which is pretty good. But overall you want the golden cookies if you are active, as some of the red ones are bad. And by far the best thing you can get is the mega-combo of frenzy (x7 overall production for 77/154 seconds), and then during that get another golden cookie which gives you the clicking frenzy of x777 to your clicks for 13/26 seconds.

You pretty much need all 3 golden cookie upgrades to get this combo, because it makes the initial frenzy last 154 seconds instead of 77, and your average spawn rate for golden cookies at that point are about 2 minutes. So there's a very high chance you'll get another golden cookie during the frenzy, and if it happens to be clicking frenzy you have a whopping x5439 to your click rate for 26 seconds. Obviously, at this point you want to mash click like no tomorrow. I play on my laptop with a USB mouse, so I can simultaneously click the mouse and with my other hand click the laptop mouse button as well as tap on the touch pad for 3 simultaneous clicks.

To illustrate how insanely powerful getting this combo is: in my current game I have 5.836 quintillion cookies baked. Of those, 1.856 quintillion are hand-baked. The vast majority of the hand-baked ones are just from having gotten this super-combo 4 or 5 times and gone hog wild on clicking, as described above. It's a bit rare to get the combo, but when you do it's insane.

And does appeasement/covenant stall any further research while on?

Nope.

Rigamarole
12-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Oh, and also the prestige multiplier (heavenly chips) that you get from resetting is really important for combating the brick wall of diminishing returns. By far the most important milestone in heavenly chips is getting to 5,000, which you will get when you reset with 12.5 quintillion total cookies baked. Not only does this unlock a bunch of new cookie upgrades, but most importantly it unlocks a holiday switcher upgrade thing that lets you change the holiday season at will. Then you can rack up all the extra achievements and upgrades that come with them.

(It's also apparently possible to access other holiday seasons by changing the date in your system time, as well as a direct cheat to unlock it, but I don't cheat. It's kind of a grey area as to whether the former counts as cheating or simple ingenuity. But since there's a built-in, non-cheat way to get the holiday switcher I'm going that route instead)

Lumpy
12-21-2015, 09:57 PM
And by far the best thing you can get is the mega-combo of frenzy (x7 overall production for 77/154 seconds), and then during that get another golden cookie which gives you the clicking frenzy of x777 to your clicks for 13/26 seconds.

You pretty much need all 3 golden cookie upgrades to get this combo, because it makes the initial frenzy last 154 seconds instead of 77, and your average spawn rate for golden cookies at that point are about 2 minutes. So there's a very high chance you'll get another golden cookie during the frenzy, and if it happens to be clicking frenzy you have a whopping x5439 to your click rate for 26 seconds. Obviously, at this point you want to mash click like no tomorrow. OOOOOOO! I didn't know you could double up those. Definitely will make a difference!

Thing Fish
12-21-2015, 10:11 PM
The number of cookies released from a wrinkler doesn't increase if you pop it during a frenzy, does it?

Chronos
12-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Lucky cookies don't actually care whether you have wrinklers: They're based on the pre-wrinkling production.

And if you're in Christmas season (I assume that's the default right now, and the best single season to be in anyway), there's also the possibility of snagging a reindeer during an Elder Frenzy, which is at least competitive with a Frenzy Click Frenzy. So that's a point in favor of red cookies.

Thing Fish
12-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Hot damn! I just figured out how the wrinklers really work -- basically, they multiply your apparent cps by 6 once you have ten of them. I have crossed the trillion cps threshold and obtained Kitten Overseers. I think at this point I am going to step back and just let it run until tomorrow night, when I will have some time to focus on it, and then reset. By then I should be cashing in well over 500 quadrillion, which should make it fairly easy to get all the achievements for having 200 of everything. Maybe then I'll stop...

Foggy
12-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Maybe then I'll stop...

Ha ha! noob!:p

Rigamarole
12-22-2015, 06:01 PM
By then I should be cashing in well over 500 quadrillion, which should make it fairly easy to get all the achievements for having 200 of everything.

Oh no; no it will not. The prices go up exponentially. I have 110 prisms at the moment and just adding 1 more costs 345 quadrillion. My base CpS of 25 trillion is chicken feed.

Chronos
12-22-2015, 09:20 PM
IIRC, the scaling is such that to add five more of any building costs about as much as you've spent on all the buildings of that sort you've ever bought. So if it took you two weeks to get your current number of prisms, then it'll take you another two weeks to get five more.

Try2B Comprehensive
12-22-2015, 10:39 PM
I only now realized that only wrath cookies start elder frenzies. 6% of the time, that's more than one in twenty.

krondys
12-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Please don't hate me later for revealing this--the most addicting game on the internet, and possibly the world---to you all.

Not happening!!:mad::p

raventhief
12-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Why does Grandma keep telling me I make her sick?

Idle Thoughts
12-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Why does Grandma keep telling me I make her sick?

She'll start saying that if you ever sell one of them, along with other things like "It tried to get rid of us, the filthy thing" and other rude comments.

Lumpy
12-23-2015, 09:17 PM
She'll start saying that if you ever sell one of them, along with other things like "It tried to get rid of us, the filthy thing" and other rude comments.
P.S. Selling a grandma is an achievement. But you only need to once.

snfaulkner
12-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Ok, I've been "playing" this thing for a week and have only ever seen one (1) single golden cookie. What gives? Only started seeing reindeer yesterday, but they are fairly consistently showing up now.

Idle Thoughts
12-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Ok, I've been "playing" this thing for a week and have only ever seen one (1) single golden cookie. What gives? Only started seeing reindeer yesterday, but they are fairly consistently showing up now.

A good way to make it easier is to make the window that the game is in really small. Make it a small square or so and then have it be beside your usual internet-surfing window. The Golden Cookies will show up just in that small box, it's really noticeable.

Lumpy
12-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Is there anything to what you name your cookie bakery? I noticed that the random name generator kept coming up familiar first and last names and wondered if there was something about if you picked the right two-name combination. At first I thought having had ALL possible names was an achievement, but I've kept track and currently know of about 65 first names and 54 second names, so that would be a lot of name combinations to go through (and I'm far from sure I've even found all first and last names yet).

snfaulkner
12-24-2015, 06:24 PM
A good way to make it easier is to make the window that the game is in really small. Make it a small square or so and then have it be beside your usual internet-surfing window. The Golden Cookies will show up just in that small box, it's really noticeable.

Yeahbut, then i can't watch my wrinklers chowing down. I like them.

Thing Fish
12-25-2015, 11:26 AM
In the very long run, most of your income will come from grandmothers and cursors

How does that work? Do they start getting more productive relative to the other buildings as the game progresses?

Lumpy
12-25-2015, 12:10 PM
One of the achievements is "Uncanny Clicker", which I looked up and it requires five clicks in a third of a second. Since there's no way I can do that manually, and since the game actually has an achievement for "Cheating", I installed a rapid clicker that the game registers as about a hundred clicks per second (the clicker is supposedly faster than that, but I think the game is cycle-limited). Makes leveling up MUCH faster. :D I reset the game this morning (with achievements kept) and got up to a trillion cookies per second in one morning. :D:D

Try2B Comprehensive
12-25-2015, 03:46 PM
How does that work? Do they start getting more productive relative to the other buildings as the game progresses?

Cursors' production is pegged to how many overall buildings you have. When you have just scads of buildings, each cursor will produce a ton of cookies.

Grandmas are scaled by how many grandmas there are, and also the number of portals. Eventually it is a big effect.

You won't see it for a long time.

Lumpy
12-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Ok, while my clicker cheat allowed me to level up much faster, I still have hit a wall where there doesn't seem to be any real way to advance further. Here's my stats:

Current income: 3.873 trillion per second.
4 resets for a total of 1800 Heavenly Chips
10 Quadrillion Cookies baked (maximum achievement).
1 Trillion Cookies per second (maximum achievement).
1 Quadrillion Cookies from clicking (maximum achievement).
Own 1500 Buildings (maximum achievement).
Purchase 150 Upgrades (maximum achievement).
Upgrades Unlocked: 161/216 (75%)
Achievements Unlocked: 119/159 (75%)
Milk: 468% Caramel Milk
Santa: Final Claus (maximum achievement).

Misc. single Achievements: Uncanny Clicker, Cookie-dunker, Tiny Cookie, bakery given a name, Sell a Grandma, all Christmas-themed cookies.

According to the Achievement chart there is at least one level of buildings beyond 200. 500? 1000? And I'm already at the point where everything costs at least a trillion to advance ONE step. The only shop item left is the Kitten Manager at 837.9 quintillion. Even a Frenzy-with-Click-Frenzy only gets me maybe 60 quadrillion. If I let the wrinklers accumulate interest all night they might give me a quintillion or two. I'd need to square my income to buy anything more, and no apparent way to do it. There a few achievements for clicking high numbers of Golden Cookies, Reindeer and wrinklers, and they occur rarely enough that it would take forever. The last time I reset, I didn't get anywhere near as many Heavenly Chips as I'd hoped.

Any advice?

TruCelt
12-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Ok, while my clicker cheat allowed me to level up much faster, I still have hit a wall where there doesn't seem to be any real way to advance further. Here's my stats:
. . .

Any advice?

Look at the line under "Legacy" is it golden? If so, it may be time to ascend.

Foggy
12-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Look at the line under "Legacy" is it golden? If so, it may be time to ascend.

:confused:
What "Legacy"?
What line?

The only legacy I see is "Legacy started : 488 hours ago, with 7 resets"

Chronos
12-25-2015, 08:00 PM
See post 720. You need to get 5000 heavenly chips, so you can get the Season Switcher, so you can grab the goodies from the other seasons, too (Christmas is the best, but Easter is pretty good, too, and you might as well pick up Halloween and Valentine's Day while you're at it).

And you also want to get more heavenly chips just for their own sake, of course, since each one gives you (I think) a 1% boost (it might be 0.5% or 2%, but in any event, it adds up).

Lumpy
12-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Ah! Thanks much!

Lumpy
12-26-2015, 01:27 PM
See post 720. You need to get 5000 heavenly chips, so you can get the Season Switcher, so you can grab the goodies from the other seasons, too (Christmas is the best, but Easter is pretty good, too, and you might as well pick up Halloween and Valentine's Day while you're at it).

And you also want to get more heavenly chips just for their own sake, of course, since each one gives you (I think) a 1% boost (it might be 0.5% or 2%, but in any event, it adds up).
Ok, I did get 5000 Heavenly Chips and once I reset and earned enough I got the options to switch seasons. I tried Easter but didn't really see much new. Bunnies instead of reindeer, and perchance I found one with an egg, which gave me an egg achievement. I'd hoped that switching seasons gave one an entire new suite of achievements to earn, but apparently not.

Lumpy
12-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Update: soft resetting has helped. If I leave the window open all night, in the morning I've roughly doubled my previous record for all-time cookies baked, and resetting doubles my Heavenly Cookies, which in turn doubles my maximum cookies per second. I'm still an -illion or two below the production rate I need but I've at least been able to make a few more achievements and I'm making grinding progress.

Zyanthia
12-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Anyone else trying out the Beta? I love the Dragonflight upgrade. +1500% clicking power for 12 seconds.

davidm
01-04-2016, 10:44 PM
How long does Christmas last? I just started recently (I think it was the day before Christmas) and I've gotten all the way to Final Claus. I still have that and am still getting reindeer. Christmas mode must end at some point, right?

chicagowhitesox1173
01-04-2016, 11:02 PM
I miss this game, but i'm glad my game crashed. I am curious on the new updates though.

Rigamarole
01-05-2016, 01:39 AM
How long does Christmas last? I just started recently (I think it was the day before Christmas) and I've gotten all the way to Final Claus. I still have that and am still getting reindeer. Christmas mode must end at some point, right?

It ended New Years Day for me. But I have over 5k heavenly chips so I can pop the switcher to make it Christmas whenever I want. :)

I'm in a rut right now with 97% of the upgrades purchased and 87% of the achievements unlocked (@22,174 heavenly chips). The last few achievements are realllllll doozies though. I'm trying to get the 150 of everything achieve before I reset again (and maybe 1 or 2 others), but currently sitting at 144 prisms and just adding 1 more costs 40 quintillion, which takes most of a day to gather while running passively. I don't think I'll be able to get 100% achievements unlocked until I have several million heavenly chips, at a minimum.

Best Topics: scrooge profession peel onion dragonskin bodyarmor fedex delivery attempts carrier comfort maker john dee necronomicon personal check size #glowup twa 800 passengers socks spanish joke cow cod soup 100 peroxide 3g flip phones shadowrun horrors mm lisa loeb thong dope symbols wrong addressee pumpkin seed hull pestilence or conquest lysine kittens columbos reading antique stock ticker vicuna blanket cut skin tag definity hp100 tire advil slogan laughing fart otters for pets beetlejuice sandworms glen beck frog 99 by toto song titles with baby in them jesus is my nigga video how much does a tshirt printing machine cost 2311 north los robles avenue, pasadena, california 2000 honda accord side mirror glass replacement woven blanket with satin trim i caught my mom masterbating williams sonoma cookware review how much is a motel room record player sounds distorted dear sir/ madam martin lawrence saturday night live nobody loves me everybody hates me origin will i gain weight after gallbladder removal how to call 911 in another city fedex on truck for delivery why are animals scared of humans how long can cooked potatoes last in the fridge how to put on a belt buckle without snaps when does voyager get good satellite black box descrambler would robert kennedy have won 1968 election united states bearer bonds funny things to say fast that sound like something else what does khmer rouge mean purpose of wheel weights the shining blood scene female version of mensch doc brown train time machine how to remove spray paint from concrete join the dark side we have cookies white stuff in drain pipes richard simmons sweatin to the oldies song list how to make a gas siphon