PDA

View Full Version : So I've found the most addicting game that exists on the internet. No, seriously.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

K364
07-28-2016, 06:03 PM
That's for getting an eldeer. Popping a deer during an elder frenzy.
hmmm... thought I'd done that. Thanks!

snfaulkner
07-28-2016, 06:14 PM
hmmm... thought I'd done that. Thanks!

It's a new achievment added for v2.002 a few days ago. I've been playing for (*gets ready to be saddened by life as he checks total Playing time*) 5277hrs and have had hundreds of eldeer, but none yet this week. So I have yet to get the eldeer achievement too.

That Don Guy
09-08-2016, 02:55 PM
2.002? Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

The Thunder Girl Troop 257 bakery is back in business...

Try2B Comprehensive
09-09-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm out. My laptop burned out its integrated motherboard months ago. Maybe because it was on nonstop since, oh, about 2013? I still haven't replaced it, and am stuck with this Cragslist relic. I blame Cookie Clicker.

levdrakon
09-09-2016, 02:43 PM
My laptop overheats all the time now. There's a way to pretend it's running even when it's not. One of these days I might try that, but there's no way I'm letting this game burn out my laptop.

TexCat
09-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I will not get sucked in again. I will not get sucked in again. I will not get sucked in again.

Inner Stickler
09-09-2016, 04:52 PM
I recently stumbled across a great little takeoff on cookieclicker called SpacePlan (http://jhollands.co.uk/spaceplan/). Amusing and short. I think I beat it in about 2 days.

Zyanthia
09-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, I am going to have to disagree with the title of this thread. Cookie Clicker might use to be the most addictive game on the internet, but I've found I prefer Trimps (http://trimps.github.io/#). (Link goes directly to uhm, time management software, yeah yeah). It's much easier on the hand and I like the way it progresses better.

That Don Guy
09-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I will not get sucked in again. I will not get sucked in again. I will not get sucked in again.
It tried to suck me back in, but then I remembered that it's probably the primary cause for my last two desktops burning out on me.

Idle Thoughts
09-12-2016, 06:55 PM
I recently stumbled across a great little takeoff on cookieclicker called SpacePlan (http://jhollands.co.uk/spaceplan/). Amusing and short. I think I beat it in about 2 days.

That was pretty interesting and fun, thank you for sharing!

Foggy
07-16-2017, 01:24 AM
Grandma " I've miss you. Come back for visit. I have fresh cookies!":D

From:Orteil Tumblr (http://orteil42.tumblr.com/post/163030093875/cookie-clicker-update-is-now-live-featuring-sugar):

Cookie Clicker update is now live, featuring sugar lumps, spirit worship and spellcasting!

This is the first of a series of updates that should eventually add new features or minigames to every building. Stay tuned for more fun stuff, eventually!

You weren't doing anything this month anyways, right.:p

Foggy
07-16-2017, 04:22 AM
BTW: I discovered that I'm 18.28 years older than Idle Thoughts. I don't know what to do with this info. I think I'll have a lie down.:eek::confused:

TruCelt
07-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Meh. Sugar lumps aren't making much difference for me. IS there something else more interesting that I'm not seeing?

Lumpy
07-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Two days? I beat it- I'll just say faster than that. Of course I used an autoclicker, did you?

TruCelt
07-16-2017, 08:42 PM
OK, so I ascended. There are a few new purchases available, and it turns out sugar lump upgrades survive ascension. So there's that.

Spellcasting? Where are these spells? and spirit worship? Whut? I ascended because I thought that's where I'd find them, but no.

Watchoo talkin' 'bout,Foggy?

kk fusion
07-20-2017, 03:51 AM
You have to spend one sugar lump each on upgrading Temples and Wizard Towers in order to unlock the minigames.

kk fusion
07-20-2017, 04:37 PM
And after playing around with it for a while, it looks like they are finally introducing a pay-to-win scheme. I mean, a duodecillion cookies? You'd have to constantly hit it with spells and such, which requires tons of sugar lumps, and you currently get only one each day. I suppose those sugar lumps are bound to be their in-game currency, to be bought with real-life $$ in order to get anywhere later in the game.

And it wouldn't be a great loss if it meant I can finally let this go. I'm not that bored.

Inner Stickler
07-20-2017, 05:42 PM
Two days? I beat it- I'll just say faster than that. Of course I used an autoclicker, did you?I don't use autoclickers.

Munch
07-20-2017, 07:24 PM
I don't use autoclickers.

I wonder if the game is different now than when you played it. I didn't use an autoclicker, and beat it in an afternoon. I see they ported it to mobile OS platforms, and they note that the website version is just a prototype.

It's also possible to hit places in the game that don't advance if you're not active. Plenty of these games I'll leave idle right before I need to click on something, come back 10 hours later, and find out I wasted all that time.

I enjoyed it - thanks for the link. I'm curious how much more there is to the iOS version, but I'm not paying $3 for the privilege.

CandidGamera
07-21-2017, 09:09 AM
And after playing around with it for a while, it looks like they are finally introducing a pay-to-win scheme. I mean, a duodecillion cookies? You'd have to constantly hit it with spells and such, which requires tons of sugar lumps, and you currently get only one each day. I suppose those sugar lumps are bound to be their in-game currency, to be bought with real-life $$ in order to get anywhere later in the game.

And it wouldn't be a great loss if it meant I can finally let this go. I'm not that bored.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to buy sugar lumps with real life currency.

kk fusion
07-21-2017, 09:21 AM
As far as I can tell, there's no way to buy sugar lumps with real life currency.

Yet. Consider: To upgrade every bulding type to level 10 (required for the last round of achievements) you'll need 14 x 55 = 770 lumps of sugar, or more than two years of playing.

Unless they are also going to provide another way of obtaining sugar. Connect the dots?

Chronos
07-21-2017, 12:01 PM
So they have achievements that require two years of playing. That's nothing new for Cookie Clicker.

CandidGamera
07-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Yet. Consider: To upgrade every bulding type to level 10 (required for the last round of achievements) you'll need 14 x 55 = 770 lumps of sugar, or more than two years of playing.

Unless they are also going to provide another way of obtaining sugar. Connect the dots?

Yeah, this weak-ass conspiracy theory doesn't do anything for me. There are ways to accelerate sugar production with upgrades.

Thing Fish
07-25-2017, 08:24 PM
These new tweaks have definitely made the game more interesting for those of us who have been playing a ridiculously long time. It's not obvious how they work, but if you go to the screen which shows pictures of all your buildings, there is now a little toggle in the bottom right of each picture which allows you to "level up", gaining CPS bonuses for that building in exchange for sugar lumps.

When you level up on Temples or Wizard Towers, it opens new menus of special upgrades similar to the Dragon menu. Like the Dragon buffs, most of them are either almost useless or useful only in very specific situations, but some are awesome sauce. I basically doubled my CPS from about 400 to 800 septillion. And about every half hour or so (haven't timed it exactly), you can cast the spell "Conjure Baked Goods", which gives you a half hour worth of cookies...or three and a half hours worth if you wait for a Frenzy (doesn't seem to stack with bigger buffs, though).

I was starting to consider whether I was ready to stop playing this game, but these new wrinkles have renewed my interest.

Want some cookies?

Mi4wMDM0fHwxNTAwNTc4NjMxOTQ3OzE0NTgxNzcxNjMzNTc7MTUwMTAxNDA2MjA5MTtEb3VibGUgUGFuaWM7cmhmaGN8w6XCucKg B3wyLjkwODQwNTU2MTk1OTc5NjdlKzMyOzEuMTg3OTIyNjY3MzA3MTc4N2UrMzM7OTM2OzE0MjI2OzIuNDM0NDg1NTUxMzY1NTk3 NWUrMzE7NDI5MzY7MDsxOzEuMDgzMjc5NTc1NDIwNzA1ZSszNDsxOzA7MDswOy0xOzE1OzExNjs3LjE4MTg4NTM3OTg5MTcyOGUr MzE7NjE7MTQ7MzsyNTg3NDE5OzEyO2NocmlzdG1hczs0Ljk5MDUzNTc1NjYxMDAwNmUrMzE7MTA7MjIxMjY1NDA7NDAxNjExNjsx ODExMDQyNDswOzA7MjAxOzMwNjszMjE7MzIyOzMzNzsyMDsxNTswOzE7NTM7MDswOzA7OTsxNTAxMDA0MTc1NTg1O3w0ODAsNjMw LDEuMjI3NzcyMDI3NzM0NzI0NGUrMzAsMzs0ODAsNjMwLDguMDA5NzQ2MTAyMDMyMDAxZSsyNywwOzQ1MCw2MDAsNC41MjIyMDcy NjczNDg4MTNlKzI4LDA7NDIwLDU3MCwxLjUxNDUyMjkyMjA2ODQ4NzllKzI5LDA7NDIwLDU3MCw1LjMzNDM5ODY3OTg4NzY0OWUr MjksMTs0MDAsNTUwLDEuNTgwNDAxMzIxNzg5NjkzN2UrMjksMDszOTAsNTQwLDYuNjQyNDU1NzY3Nzc0NTI3ZSsyOSwxLDgvNy80 IDMgMTUwMTAwODIwMTcwMDszNzAsNTIwLDMuMzEzOTk5MzYyMjY0NzkyNWUrMjksMSw1MCA3IDc7MzQwLDQ5MCwxLjU2MDMzNDM2 NDE5NjAwNjVlKzI5LDA7MzIwLDQ3MCw3LjcxOTIyOTk3ODg1MjgzNGUrMjksMDszMTAsNDYwLDQuNDA3MTkzMDQ0Njk4ODk1ZSsz MCwwOzMwMCw0NTEsMi42MTUyNDU0NDc2NDI0Mzk0ZSszMSwwOzI4MCw0MzAsMS40ODY2MjA4NTc5MzE2MjllKzMxLDA7MjcwLDQy MSw3Ljc5NTUzNzA0OTg0OTc4OWUrMzEsMDt8w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6bCgMKPw6fCs8K8w6TCjMK/w6TCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8Kzw6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCsMKAw6TCg8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K8w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCqsKPw6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8Kyw6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCvsKzw6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCvMK/w6fCu8Kvw6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8Kvw6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8Kww6TCj8K/w6fCsMKAEnzDp8K/wr/Dp8K/wr/DpsK/wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K/wr/DpcK/wp/Dp8K/wpjDpMK/wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K5wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K/wrPDp8K/wr/Dp8K5wr/Dp8K/wr/Dp8K/wqfDpsKKwr7DpcK/woHDp8K/wr7DpMKAwoAIfA%3D%3D%21END%21

kk fusion
08-04-2017, 02:13 AM
Yeah, this weak-ass conspiracy theory doesn't do anything for me. There are ways to accelerate sugar production with upgrades.

It looks like they're balancing things out again in the beta version. Apologies to the developers (and their fan-boys here) for doubting their motivations.

CandidGamera
08-04-2017, 10:01 AM
It looks like they're balancing things out again in the beta version. Apologies to the developers (and their fan-boys here) for doubting their motivations.

Translation : "I'm wrong, but I'll take a drive-by shot at people who actually use critical thinking skills by calling them 'fanboys'. That'll show them."

You'll go far on this messageboard.

RollOutTheBarrel
08-08-2017, 01:38 PM
There's a new building available! It's called a Chancemaker.

CandidGamera
08-08-2017, 03:05 PM
There's a new building available! It's called a Chancemaker.

And several new upgrades, including more Kittens. altogether, it's a huge multiplier.

TruCelt
08-28-2017, 03:04 PM
The weirdest thing just happened: Two reindeer released in unison. I thought at first it was just a display problem, as they were completely in synch. But when I popped them they both gave cookies.

Has anyone else ever seen this before?

kk fusion
09-01-2017, 01:33 AM
There's a heavenly upgrade that occasionally doubles golden cookies. I think that applies to reindeer as well.

TruCelt
09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy Moly, I've hit the singularity! A still photo can't begin to convey this, but this will give you some idea:

https://imgur.com/a/cZNBD

So this morning I was very close to the end The only Heavenly upgrade left cost 800million, and there were only three achievements left to earn, 350 Prisms, 350 Chancemakers, and the 7777 Golden Cookie. That last one is a bear. I don't have time to sit and stare at this thing all day for weeks on end to get it. I had calculated that if I just left everything alone the Heavenly Upgrade would be available in 46 days. Ho Humm, I was ready to just minimize it and put a note on my calendar to check back in next month.

I had restarted this game a little over a year ago, and gotten to this point without cheating, so really wanted to end it that way, but I just wasn't ever going to make that 7777. So I broke down and loaded an autoclicker and set it to click golden cookies. Then I loaded Selebrak (Icon who increases seasonal effects) and switched to Business Week. I figured by the time the prestige points got up to 800M the golden cookie final achievement would have been easily reached as well.

Next thing I know I glance over and there's a cookie storm going on. . . and on . . . and on . . . and it's still going even as I type several minutes later.It's up to 800-odd Quadrillion prestige points, and it keeps renewing itself. This is insanity! ! !

My screen looks like a fireworks show where they accidentally light them all off at once.

TruCelt
09-15-2017, 02:10 PM
OK, so I ascended to stop it. The above is incorrect re: Heavenly Upgrades, there were two available @ 300 million and 1 billion.

I got back and was instantly able to buy 700+ of every building.

Craziness!

CandidGamera
09-18-2017, 09:18 AM
What extension did you use, just in case I experience a similar breakdown? :)

CandidGamera
09-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Also, you can't have gotten the "Level 10 building" achievement for each building yet without cheating, that's 55 sugar lumps per building, and they haven't been implemented that long...

TruCelt
09-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Also, you can't have gotten the "Level 10 building" achievement for each building yet without cheating, that's 55 sugar lumps per building, and they haven't been implemented that long...

Well, that's a matter of opinion, I guess. To my way of thinking, hacking is different than cheating. If the game designer left something there for me to find, and I find it, that's different than writing script or using an add-on. For this I didn't even have to open the console.

What extension did you use, just in case I experience a similar breakdown? :)

This OTOH, is cheating. LOL! I gotta say, once you get stuck in the cookie storm time warp, it loses any fun. I stopped right around 1000 of each building, and closed the game until the next update. You have been warned. ;)

http://uncanny-cookie-clicker.software.informer.com/

CandidGamera
09-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Well, that's a matter of opinion, I guess. To my way of thinking, hacking is different than cheating. If the game designer left something there for me to find, and I find it, that's different than writing script or using an add-on. For this I didn't even have to open the console.

System clock manipulation? :)

TruCelt
09-23-2017, 01:29 PM
System clock manipulation? :)

When games are developed, they go through different versions. Sometimes, in order to check a new perk or feature, they'll create a version in which that features is on overdrive.

It is known.

It takes a lot of trial and error, and it can be fruitless, but when you score it is beautiful. If you want to cheat, I'd look through the sub-reddit. I haven't seen it, but it's almost certainly there.

Hintur
10-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Hmmm, the website says it uses cookies to enhance my browsing experience.

Best Topics: shrimp guts xylophone music notes cigarette fag pumpkin seed shell 2 bachelors degrees lesko grant iko iko translation wolf and lion motif musical dark bluegrass one l lama peo password light switch broken u2 message boards oasis bike seats seal green wood bird samples decumbent urinator knitting rs david letterman asshole home bowling lane sawn off rifle straight boys underwear quack chiropractic window mounted dehumidifier fuel jettison aliens in fantasy presoldered fittings stretch lambswool sweater chichi boobs charles logan sneeds feed and seed itchy lungs dry cough civ 4 tips and tricks how long is a couple of weeks how to make mustard gas proof of residency ma les schwab credit card payment what is the white stuff floating in my water what to do if you get someone else's mail usps california roll stop sign bank teller drawer shortage does nasal spray contain epinephrine can you eat penguin what to do if pill stuck in esophagus how to do sit ups by yourself dinah shore's black baby can you breathe 100 oxygen black & decker pest repeller is it appropriate to send money in a sympathy card square root -1 divided by 8 how are triscuits made john ritter cock fight from too much love of living program transponder key ford without original craftsman 4 point socket sleazy used car salesman nicad vs lithium ion batteries power tools how much was a penny worth in 1800 in the same vane or vein cell phone busy signal can platelet count fluctuate change smoke detector battery high ceiling what does an american accent sound like to foreigners