PDA

View Full Version : Shopping channel snark

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

caminlaca
02-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Guess I'm 'lucky.' Been in and out of the other site several times today with no access issues.

No way to know, personally, but the mod notice 'over there' may be tied to an earlier post, which...no surprise!...is now gone but which, as I recall, contained comments somewhat critical of other posters and their opinions.

Puddy...good to see you! And, yes, most definitely, LR is ever the schemer. As when her BareMinerals BFF suddenly showed up on air at the Q.

TheRealPuddy
02-15-2015, 09:32 PM
I hope Lisa's new main squeeze is OK with those monster calluses she has on her feet. Rub up on those in bed? She will cut a bitch.

TheRealPuddy
02-15-2015, 09:33 PM
caminlaca - Who showed up on the air? Leslie?

Honey
02-15-2015, 09:35 PM
The way I read the warning over there, is that talking about Lisa is okay. Other posters bitching about talking about Lisa, is not okay. My head hurts.

caminlaca
02-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Puddy...yep, Leslie (had a senior moment trying to recall her name). Timed to be there when LR announced her ultimate departure, as I recall.

TheRealPuddy
02-15-2015, 09:44 PM
I am confused. Leslie was supposed to be there but wasn't. All she did was a short video taped in her San Francisco office - after she said she would not miss Lisa's farewell for the world. Was Leslie on since Lisa's departure?

Honey - Yup, if someone likes Lisa, it's OK to talk about her but it's not OK to not talk nice about her. Only problem? A poster might say something that is not mean but since she has somehow managed to scare people, it has to be 100% sweetness and light, no snark.

The contrast is pretty obvious and for me, a boring joke, just like Lisa.

And no, I cannot see her as a step mother. In her house? Riiiiight. The first time one thing is out of place, she will have a shit fit. Can you see those kids - and their friends - with her hotel lobby Christmas décor?

caminlaca
02-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Puddy, I may be wrong but thinking Leslie was on set with LR when she announced she'd be leaving. (Seem to recall some of us speculating it was kind of a 'moral support' thing.) Didn't watch LR's final show and have seen little of Q to know if Leslie's been on since.

TheRealPuddy
02-15-2015, 09:54 PM
I have to say, I don't remember Leslie being there when Lisa made the announcement. She announced it at the beginning of one of her Christmas shows and I don't remember Bare Minerals being part of the show.

I do know that Leslie posted that she would not miss Lisa's last show and had no really obvious reason to not show up. Her Facebook page showed her Christmas tree shopping with her son and husband. No emergency, no bad weather, etc., so for her to not be there on 12/12 was a shock to me. Something happened to change those plans.

caminlaca
02-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Puddy, just to assure myself I'd not totally lost my mind, checked the other site for posts relating to my comment. Hope okay to include posters' names:

"This was around the time of Lisa's announcement, and the visit by her BFF Leslie." (Nov 2, Day2Day)

"....but the fact that she made the announcement when Leslie Minerals returned to the Q from out of nowhere just made me go 'hmmmm'." (Oct 30, ownedbysetters)

"I assume Leslie showed up to provide moral support to Lisa in this time of change." (Oct 12, Suz at Large)

TheRealPuddy
02-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Ha!! I must have been in such a state of shock, my memory was on the blink!!

Thanks for that post!!

LipLiner
02-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Yes Leslie was there in person in mid October when Lisa made her announcement that Dec. 12 would be her last show. However, Leslie was not there on Dec. 12 finale.

Coffeecup
02-17-2015, 12:18 PM
It is VERY quiet over on the other board, even though the mod said they had fixed the security certificate problem. Only a few new posts over the past couple of days. I haven't tried to log in again.

I was just browsing jewelry on the HSN site. They have some really pricey artisan jewelry from the Himalayan Gems line. There are some multi-strand gemstone necklaces ranging from 379.90 to 529.90, with matching bracelets 199.90 to 229.90. Sterling clasps. (Example: item 357-965, chalcedony and apatite 7-strand 20" necklace, 529.90) I realize these items are handmade, and they are beautiful, but they're just too pricey for me. If I could spend 529.00 on a single jewelry item, I'd go for a 14K solitaire ring or pendant.

Jay King Mine Find prices are getting pretty high too. I sorted his items by "price high to low," and the first 10 necklaces were 286.90 to 699.90. Sounds too high because all his stuff in made in China now. (As a longtime shopper, I remember when his line was called Santa Fe Silver and was all made in the U.S. by Native American artisans; I have some great pieces from those days.) The stones in these expensive necklaces aren't rare. For example, the 699.99 necklace is amber and malachite. He has two stone bowls, both priced at 499.90, and he doesn't even say what kinds of stones they are. One is "green composite stones" and the other is "blue composite stones." They are good size bowls, 10.5" by 10.5", but still I wouldn't trust that "composite" description enough to pay those prices.

Fishy
02-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Well, well, so the Duchess' botox buddy Dr. Denese took her along with her to the Celebrity Apprentice finale. How nice, hobknobbing with the celebrities. Lah ti dah. Maybe Duchess will give The Donald her resume.

And as for having a main squeeze - I definitely can see her as The Stepmother - She'll buy them whatever they want, take them wherever they want to go and show them the best time ever as long as it's only every other weekend. lol But wonder how long that will last. Lisa has a pretty busy schedule what with her 200 daily regimen beauty products per day to apply, her workouts at the gym and all her luncheon and dinner engagements. Hope they like cauliflower.

3catsrule
02-17-2015, 11:57 PM
I was thinking about the stepmom thing. Can you imagine? Boyfriend brings kids to visit for a weekend. Girl is maybe 12 or 13, boy is about 9? So, first they walk in the door and across the white carpet WITH THEIR SHOES ON because Boyfriend, being a guy, forgot to tell them no shoes in her house! She raises her eyebrows and then let's it go. Girl goes to sit on the white Chesterfield sofa, and Duchess shrieks "NO! You can't sit on that sofa!" Nobody sits on that!" Boy sort of sidles over to hide behind Boyfriend. "OK, we can all go into the family room. One of my gorgeous trees is still up in there because I just couldn't bear to put it away. See, isn't it just beautiful beautiful? Doesn't it look just like what you see on Madison?" Kids go "What's Madison? And what's with the owls and peacocks? And there's no red and green ornaments! What's this feather stuff?" as they start touching and rearranging, and Duchess starts turning red under her fake bake. To be continued, maybe.

LipLiner
02-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Can you imagine Lisa's reaction when Eric's two kids bring home Christmad decorations they've made in school!!! Those popsicle snowflake ornaments, the construction paper chains and the imperfect star tree topper are going to look AMAZING, AMAZING on her designer trees.

Mrs. Munster
02-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Good grief, the Q homepage must have made a new year's resolution to see how many moronic pics of Shawn they could post. There's another pursed lip pose of her with the headline "Shawn's Beauty Secrets." I think the only "secret" is why anyone wants beauty tips from someone who thinks jr. high poses on a 40+ woman is something we can't wait to emulate.

Jaded
02-19-2015, 11:22 PM
So since we can speak more freely here....

I'm thinking like some others that Lisa's "bf" is a beard.

They look awkward in this pic she posted. It looks like she's with Spaz instead of that being her bf next to her.

http://i.imgur.com/pzh0kGn.jpg

Honey
02-19-2015, 11:43 PM
So since we can speak more freely here....

I'm thinking like some others that Lisa's "bf" is a beard.

They look awkward in this pic she posted. It looks like she's with Spaz instead of that being her bf next to her.

http://i.imgur.com/pzh0kGn.jpg

Looks like her and Chaz each have a beard with them. It's too bad though because Lisa's "bf" is cute.

LadyR
02-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Looks like her and Chaz each have a beard with them. It's too bad though because Lisa's "bf" is cute.

It seems to me that Eric is Lisa's boyfriend and Cooper, the woman next to Chaz, is a friend. I also know someone who lives not too far from Lisa in West Chester and he feels the same.

Remember when Kathy Levine left QVC? When Kathy spoke about it years later, she mentioned that she wanted to have more of a social life and pursue a relationship. Well, Kathy met a gentleman and they ended up getting married (still happily married to this day). I really believe that this may be one of the reasons why Lisa left; perhaps she wants to do the same. And I can't help but notice how Lisa became very much into fitness and healthy eating in the months before her departure from the Q. Maybe Eric had something to do with it. He certainly seems like a nice guy; promoting fitness as well as being an active part of the community.

If Lisa is pursuing that relationship, I hope she is happy, all snarking aside.

LipLiner
02-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Lisa has posted a board on her Pinterest page with 19 steps to follow for booking a hotel online. Are you kidding me?!?! How difficult is it to book an effing hotel room?!?! And 19 steps to do?!?! She really needs to find a job. She obviously has too much time on her hands.

Bird Brain
02-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Hey gals, I'm so happy I stumbled upon this board. The other place is just no fun and I think everyone who posts there must be a cloistered nun! Most of them have no sense of humor, no understanding of a double entendre and God knows, swearing will get you banned for life. Hope to meet, post and get to know ya'll soon. Bird :cool:

Mrs. Munster
02-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Welcome Bird! Look forward to reading your posts.

Bird Brain
02-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Welcome Bird! Look forward to reading your posts.

Thank you Mrs. Munster! I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. But, with that said I do peek at them and am absolutely amazed and awed by the fabulous La Lisa's faithful, fawning fanclub. Man, if you say the slightest thing that upsets her devoted fans, you are in serious ass trouble. I wonder if they are as kind and gracious to their own familes and friends as they are to LR. How do they not see that she plays them all for fools? Look forward to chatting with you (and others) again. Bird:D

Mrs. Munster
02-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I never "got" the Lisa adulation. She was ok for years, I never used to mind watching her. But the last few years she acted like a caricature. Very phony. I think all the fan adulation went to her very high (fore)head!!

Clicked on the Q to see if there was something snarkworthy, and see it's Jayne Brown with Kate Somerville. Not interested in what they are selling, but I have to say...Jayne looks really pretty. Well put together, Jayne. You are off my Snark-O-Meter tonight.

caminlaca
02-20-2015, 09:42 PM
The other place is just no fun and I think everyone who posts there must be a cloistered nun!

Bird Brain,

As someone who posts on 'the other place' I'm not a cloistered nun, never have been...don't foresee the day I will be.

Mrs. Munster
02-20-2015, 09:45 PM
And I am now seeing Pat selling a pair of Judith Ripoff earrings. J-319938.....HUMONGOUS green drop earrings. They look like something you'd see at the Claire's store in the Mall around prom time. But these aren't $4.98...they are $566.00. And of course a low shipping charge of three bucks.

Where would the average person wear these monstrous things? They'd drag your lobes so low they would never retract from your shoulders.

Bird Brain
02-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Bird Brain,

As someone who posts on 'the other place' I'm not a cloistered nun, never have been...don't foresee the day I will be.

caminlaca, I'm glad your experiences have been better than mine - I've been "poofed" for some pretty innocuous posts. Nice to meet you. Bird

caminlaca
02-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Bird, I'd like to think I've not been poofed, but, then, I don't go back and check for my old posts. As you know, there've been periods of heavy-handedness by the mods so anything's possible. I just try to go with the flow, step lightly when circumstances seem to dictate. And not take any of it too seriously.

gracie80
02-22-2015, 08:53 AM
I am seeking shelter after my unsettling residence at "the dark side." May I come in and stay for awhile? I can cook pretty well, and can also help organize your books. Don't know how I found you-all as I wandered through the desert. From reading all your posts, I know I don't have to provide details, as your experiences/observations seem to be exactly as mine were.

So straight to my first snark. On Q, the Grater was just shilling a printed, woven, long sleeve split v-neck tunic, #A261935. For those who missed it, go to the video. I have watched her many, many times -- this performance comes closer to a total meltdown than any of her others I have seen. I was slack-jawed in shock -- she absolutely could not stop twirling and blatting and bleating -- and at such an early Sunday hour????? Did she partake too freely of the juice that is Red Bull?

She reminded me of Regan, the tortured little girl in "The Exorcist." The host (who was it?) tried to maintain control, but it was obviously a challenge. "Right? Am I right? Am I right about that?" YECCHH!!!

(I hope this finished product looks ok -- I am not 100% sure I am entering this correctly.)

Mrs. Munster
02-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi Gracie! I unfortunately (um...make that fortunately!) missed Grater's Twirl and Hurl Show today (she twirls, viewer hurls). She'd be amusing for snark purposes, but I just can't watch her shows anymore because her stuff seems so overpriced. You can buy the same stuff in my area stores for easily half of what is charged for hers. For someone who is housebound I guess it's an alternative, but my goodness....not everyone who watches isn't able to shop elsewhere!

3catsrule
02-23-2015, 02:52 PM
It seems to me that Eric is Lisa's boyfriend and Cooper, the woman next to Chaz, is a friend. I also know someone who lives not too far from Lisa in West Chester and he feels the same.

Remember when Kathy Levine left QVC? When Kathy spoke about it years later, she mentioned that she wanted to have more of a social life and pursue a relationship. Well, Kathy met a gentleman and they ended up getting married (still happily married to this day). I really believe that this may be one of the reasons why Lisa left; perhaps she wants to do the same. And I can't help but notice how Lisa became very much into fitness and healthy eating in the months before her departure from the Q. Maybe Eric had something to do with it. He certainly seems like a nice guy; promoting fitness as well as being an active part of the community.
Lisa left Q for only one reason, and that is she was told there would be no contract renewal.

If Lisa is pursuing that relationship, I hope she is happy, all snarking aside.
I'm not buying the bf story. Too much of a coincidence and she needed something big to keep her fan club hanging on. Plus, they just aren't a match. I don't know who would be, for her, but it certainly isn't this dude.

LadyR
02-23-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm not buying the bf story. Too much of a coincidence and she needed something big to keep her fan club hanging on. Plus, they just aren't a match. I don't know who would be, for her, but it certainly isn't this dude.

3catsrule, we can agree to disagree but I'm sure she'll keep her fans posted on any future endeavors whether it's personal or professional.

Really like your moniker - I have 2 cats myself who rule in my house and love them for it. :)

Coffeecup
02-27-2015, 11:58 AM
So tired of all the extra-heavy contouring makeup on the hosts. I watched Antoinella presenting jewelry last night, and they had her made up like a clown. Very dark brown contouring under the cheekbones and along the nose. Bright-colored blush on the cheekbone tops. Bright lipstick. Neon pink nail polish that clashed with all the jewelry. Heavy self-tanner or bronzer underneath it all. The camera crew did a closeup of her face when she was showing earrings, and she looked just awful.

Have to say that the contouring makeup on some of the JTV hosts is even worse. A couple of them manage to look fairly natural, such as Cheryl Ells, but the rest look made up to visit a darkly lit nightclub.

Is this dark contouring thing just a trend, or are all the women freaking out that they won't look good in HDTV unless they pile on the contouring makeup with a trowel?

Oh and I forgot to mention the thick false eyelashes most of them wear. FE's are great in moderation, but the ones they wear on TV are just too big and fakey-looking.

stillownedbysetters
02-28-2015, 12:18 PM
I thought Frau Bauer looked downright friendly and approachable last night. I came home from work with a headache, though, so didn't have the sound on, which may have explained it.

Hated the big chain she had around her neck. It resembled hardware store chain-by-the-foot that I buy to secure my kennel gate.

Coffeecup
03-01-2015, 02:14 PM
I was just checking Linda Moss' homeshoppingista blog to see if there was anything interesting, and found her post about Lisa Vanderpump starting a jewelry line on Evine (formerly ShopHQ/ShopNBC/ValueVision, to go back in TV history).
https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2015/02/06/housewive-lisa-vanderpump-heading-to-shophq/

Linda is wary about the new jewelry line, and when she re-posted Evine's information about it, she sounded underwhelmed. (P.S., Linda is like the rest of us; she hates the dumb new Evine name.) Here is an excerpt from Evine's copy:
“We’re delighted to welcome Lisa Vanderpump to the EVINE Live family,” said our buddy (not) Mark Bozek, CEO of the network.

“While most know Lisa for her hit reality television series, few know about her talent and passion for design. The premiere of Lisa’s exclusive jewelry collection on EVINE Live will give fans the unique opportunity to see Lisa in a whole new light as a designer.” Bozek added... "Vanderpump Estate Jewelry embodies Vanderpump’s signature sense of style, and features simulated gemstones and sparkling crystals to create bold, glamorous looks. Created exclusively for EVINE Live, the collection fuses inspirations from her own jewelry collection as well as her extensive global travels."

I never watch the various Housewife reality shows, so I know zip about Lisa V. I went over to Evine and browsed her jewelry collection. Looks like junk. It is all glass stones and crystals. The metal is "Rhodium over base metal," and every product has the California Prop 65 warning, meaning that the metal contains lead. The reviews are mostly bad (although there are a couple of customers who liked the stuff) and say the jewelry looks cheap.

I am always doubtful when these celebrities claim to be "designers." I think that most of the time, the celebrity goes to a jewelry manufacturer and picks out designs they want. Then it's made on the cheap in China. The Lisa V collection is VERY cheap if it's all mystery metal with lead.
I have a feeling this bunch of costume jewelry does not exactly reflect Lisa V's personal collection, or her "extensive global travels" either. Just another celebrity trying to make a quick buck selling junk on a shopping channel. I mean, look at the boring, basic home décor items Ellen DeGeneres is trying to sell on QVC.

The only celebrity I halfway trusted to have actual input into her designs was Joan Rivers.

Adam's Rib
03-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Is anyone planning to watch the new SOS (Sack of Shit) tonight?

Honey
03-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Is anyone planning to watch the new SOS (Sack of Shit) tonight?

You mean Fashion's Night In? I would not miss it. ;)

One More Time Again
03-02-2015, 06:08 PM
So I caught Antonella today selling jewelry. She was overly made up with HUGE caterpiller fake eyelashes, tacky frosted nails and was braying like a donkey. And the final straw: her blouse needed to be ironed.

Doesn't the Q have any mirrors????

govgirl
03-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Just checked out LR's Facebook page, where she's making it clear she's not associated with some kind of style webpage the Q has set up in her name. She said she's still working on what she'll be doing next in her life, but in the meantime is having a blast with her boy-toy in Florida. No mention of his kids being with them, ha, ha.

Cheesehead
03-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Just in case you missed it -- it's snowing today at QVC.:D

Coffeecup
03-06-2015, 02:08 PM
JTV seems to be running short of hosts willing to work in the wee hours. New host Rebecca used to do a 3-hour shift during the night, ending at 5 a.m. (EST), but now she doesn't start until 5:00 or 6:00. In Rebecca's old slot, on some nights they are doing taped shows ("You are watching an encore presentation") with Heidi. What a choice. Awkward Rebecca or Preacher Lady Heidi. I think I'd rather have Awkward Rebecca.

I was doing a drive-by earlier in the evening and saw another of the newer hosts, Nikki S. She seemed to be going for the goth look. Or maybe it was the Ninja Host Look. She has long dark hair and always wears dark heavy eye makeup. She had on a black jacket with high, pointy shoulder pads. It reminded me of the female warrior costumes. Eek! Still, she looked better than Skunk Hair Shawn in her peculiar outfits on the Q.

Hey, here's an idea for a new reality show: Host Swap. Put Shawn on a JTV Bella Luce show and watch her rhapsodize about how CZ jewelry makes her soul sing. Put JTV Nikki Rouleau on Q's PM Style; they need a big hair host again! How about swapping JTV Jeff Mosely, gemstone guy, with Q's In the Kitchen David. Venable. It would be so cool to see David do his happy dance over a 5-carat tanzanite.

stillownedbysetters
03-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Heeeee!! Now that's an ideer whose time has come. :D

I'd pay good money to see Cheryl Ells booming away on a Judith Ripka show. If it's possible for Judith's mouth to disappear into her face any more than it already has, that would do it!

Jane would be a natural for JTVs jewelry of faith shows, she could conjure up all of her dearly departed relatives for all those good Christian watchers....either that or turn them all into Satanists just to get away from her. :eek:

Mrs. Munster
03-14-2015, 02:40 PM
This thread is pretty quiet of late, but I just had to say....turned on the Q and Shawn is selling Dooney bags. I thought, 'hmmm, she looks pretty cute, simple black dress, nice necklace." Then she stepped out from behind the table, and on her legs she's wearing what looks like Forest Gump's childhood leg braces.

Ugh!

Coffeecup
03-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Heeeee!! Now that's an ideer whose time has come. :D

I'd pay good money to see Cheryl Ells booming away on a Judith Ripka show. If it's possible for Judith's mouth to disappear into her face any more than it already has, that would do it!

Jane would be a natural for JTVs jewelry of faith shows, she could conjure up all of her dearly departed relatives for all those good Christian watchers....either that or turn them all into Satanists just to get away from her. :eek:

I posted an article on the other forum about why clothing manufacturers are making more clothes out of polyester instead of 100% cotton, when posters were complaining about how hard it's getting to find cotton clothes. According to the article, one thing that affects cotton prices is that China has been stockpiling cotton.

Later that made me think about Cheryl's standard loose gemstone pitch, that it's so-o-o-o hard to find large tanzanite stones now because the Chinese are buying them all. Okay, let's put Cheryl on QVC, selling Denim & Co. cotton T-shirts. "Woot! Buy these T-shirts while you can! The Chinese are hoarding all the cotton!"

BTW, here is the article, in case anybody is interested and didn't see it in the other place.
http://wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304049904579516282130809074

Wall Street Journal, WSJ.com, April 25, 2014, “Cotton’s crown threatened by manmade fibers.”

Coffeecup
03-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Also -- Kristen Ceech (sp?) has returned to JTV as a host. I read that on the other forum a few days ago, and then tuned into JTV and saw her. She left last year to work on a cruise ship and was crying on air over leaving JTV. Wonder why she's back. Did the cruise ship job not work out, or was it a temporary job? I don't remember her saying, when she was making her goodbyes on JTV, that it was a temp job.

Kristen is not re-listed on the "Meet the Hosts" page yet, but she's on air. She did shows from 9:00 a.m. to noon today. I like her and I'm glad she's back.

stillownedbysetters
03-16-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm happy for me that Kristin is back. But maybe not so happy for her. I can't imagine that's a top-of-the-line gig if you're a professional shopping host. Most of the bigger names that have shown up at JTV have cycled out pretty quickly. The ones that stayed are all from Shop at Home which was in the same geographical area, so that makes sense if they wanted to keep their kids in the same schools or if their spouses didn't have a mobile career.

Anyhoo, I always liked Kristin in the overnights. She was pleasant, upbeat, but not hyper and was good at describing the items. And I always liked that she dressed nicely and was appropriately groomed. Whether you are selling crap or not, respecting your job and your customers always works for me.

Coffeecup
03-17-2015, 04:45 AM
I hadn't even thought about hosts staying with JTV because the kids need to stay in their schools or the spouse can't relocate, but it makes sense. Where else could a shopping channel host go? Their choices, if they want to go to a big channel, are West Chester, PA for QVC,; St. Petersburg, FL for HSN; or Eden Prairie, MN for ShopHQ/Evine.

The cost of living is probably much higher in West Chester than in Knoxville, and probably higher in St. Pete too. I don't know about Eden Prairie costs, but the winter weather in Minnesota is brutal. As a Southerner used to mild winters, I couldn't live there.

Kristen looked very nice last night. I've seen her wear tacky-looking cocktail dresses/tops (like the other JTV hosts wear sometimes), but last night she wore a tailored light colored suit jacket with a dark print top. I noticed that her fingernails are short and unpainted, although they looked neat and buffed. I wonder if she keeps them short because she plays a musical instrument, piano or something. I guess I could try to find out more about her on Google or Facebook, but I'm too lazy tonight to look.

Klovestoshop
03-23-2015, 11:44 PM
LaLisa is on Good Morning America on Tuesday, Mar 24. If she complains that she left Q because of stalking, that's BS. She posts every move she makes on her Instagram and Facebook pages. If you're being stalked, you don't post your whereabouts on social media.

Honey
03-24-2015, 12:41 AM
LaLisa is on Good Morning America on Tuesday, Mar 24. If she complains that she left Q because of stalking, that's BS. She posts every move she makes on her Instagram and Facebook pages. If you're being stalked, you don't post your whereabouts on social media.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check that out.

Klovestoshop
03-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Give me a break. Why was she even on this show? Nothing new but a rehash of really old stuff. Lisa will do anything to remain in the spotlight.

caminlaca
03-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Mods at 'the other place' busy being heavy-handed in enforcing their rules regarding their favorite former host. :(

Klovestoshop
03-24-2015, 03:53 PM
No kidding. No way was I victim shaming, but pointing out that if you're being stalked, no smart woman would NEVER post every detail of her life on social media. Lisa posts photos and comments about her hotels, restaurants and vacations that are nothing but stalker bait.

caminlaca
03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Klovestoshop...fortunately I've never found myself in a situation similar to LR but a BFF was. She had a restraining order, etc (guy would park down the block) but she was warned by law enforcement ways to handle, at best, the situation. This was before social media, as we know it now, but find it hard to believe that LR, given her past (present?), hasn't been advised on what to do, not do. At times feels like she's flaunting with a potentially 'difficult' encounter.

Honey
03-24-2015, 04:01 PM
It's crafting day on HSN. I swear I could watch this all day. And I don't even craft.

caminlaca
03-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Honey, I'm a crafter so have watched here and there. Have never gotten into scrapbooking and related and just as well. I'm sure I'd be spending money I don't have. But oooooh the possibilities and such creativity!

Coffeecup
03-24-2015, 10:56 PM
Mods at 'the other place' busy being heavy-handed in enforcing their rules regarding their favorite former host. :(

I noticed that mod message, and I was expecting something like that as soon as I heard she'd be on GMA. The mods always circle the wagons around Lisa.

Here's a link to her GMA interview video.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/lisa-robertson-candid-multiple-stalkers-29864443

The video is also available on E Online if you'd rather go there:
http://eonline.com/news/639133/former-qvc-host-lisa-robertson-opens-up-about-handling-multiple-stalkers-says-she-has-taken-control-watch-now

I don't doubt that Lisa has stalkers, but I still think it's irresponsible of her to post so much about her movements on her Facebook page and other social media. She posts where she's going, when she's going, who she'll be with, even what she'll be wearing. Keeping your life more private is a good way to prevent the stalkers from getting to you. The mods in the other forum insisted that stalking is a crime, but they emphasized that it's not a crime for Lisa to post about herself on FB, Instagram, etc. Of course it's not a crime. It's just very, very risky when you already have a history of stalkers.

On the other hand, maybe she's trying to use social media for protection by posting so much about her fitness trainer boyfriend. Maybe she hopes it will scare the stalkers off if she has a big strong BF.

Getting off that subject: I was surprised at how low-key Lisa dressed for the GMA show. High neckline plain black tank top, normal type black-and-white print skirt, closed toe pumps, and very little jewelry; she just wore gold earrings and a bracelet. I had gotten so used to seeing her in a Dracula-collar, zipper-festooned leather moto jacket, giant tubogas necklace and strappy peep toe heels that it was a jolt to see her looking like a regular person. Maybe being away from QVC is gradually bringing her back to Planet Earth.

Honey
03-25-2015, 12:21 AM

They call it victim blaming when we complain about her posting her whole life on FB. If you have a stalker and you put your whole schedule on FB, you are making yourself a victim by being an idiot.

caminlaca
03-25-2015, 12:26 AM
A BFF, some years back, had a stalker. Worked behind the scenes in TV production and the guy knew her every move (she never did figure out why as this was before social media, she was private person)...he parked down the street at times. She had a restraining order, did what police told her to avoid things escalating. She lived her life but always with an eye of wariness. Just don't get anyone advertising aspects of their life when in that situation.

Not that long ago keeping tabs on shopping channel programming was fun, made for entertaining viewing. Save for today's Crafting on HSN, probably haven't watched more than 15 mins in the last week...HSN, Q and evine combined.

govgirl
03-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Yep, apparently I was an offender on the other site. But I still maintain that anyone who has or had stalker issues doesn't post their every move on social media. And that whole GMA interview was a head-scratcher. Got a feeling Robin was trolling for the answer as to why LR left the Q. She didn't get it of course.

Honey
03-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Yep, apparently I was an offender on the other site. But I still maintain that anyone who has or had stalker issues doesn't post their every move on social media. And that whole GMA interview was a head-scratcher. Got a feeling Robin was trolling for the answer as to why LR left the Q. She didn't get it of course.

Bad girl. Seriously though, the mods over there are ridiculous. It's worse than TWOP ever was.

Mrs. Munster
03-25-2015, 03:24 PM
I didn't watch Lisa on GMA, but from what I've read on other forums it was indeed about her stalkers. Sheesh, give it a rest...by now I think everyone in the good old US of A has heard the tale. And yes, as other posters have said, she continues to post online about where she goes and what she does. If I had ever been stalked, I certainly wouldn't be putting my life out there online.

The other big news on the Q forums seems to be that Lisa Mason is coming back as a host. Not sure when this is going to happen, but it seems Lisa M. has posted it somewhere (I'm guessing her FB page?). I always liked her ok....hope it's a good move for her. She's gotta be an improvement over some of those there now.

caminlaca
03-25-2015, 03:31 PM
by now I think everyone in the good old US of A has heard the tale

The issue of stalking, yes, but I don't think those outside of regular QVC viewers know who LR is or are aware of her background. Until I had access to viewing QVC the hosts' names would've meant nothing had any of them shown up on a talk or 'news' show. I can see many GMA watchers going 'Lisa who??' BTW, didn't see the interview (no interest) but from what I've read doesn't sound like they delved all that deeply into the stalking topic so bringing in LR to discuss the issue seems odd to me.

Coffeecup
03-26-2015, 01:48 PM
I saw this shocking news on the other forum and looked it up on Google: a QVC vendor has been murdered. Philip Vasyli, founder of Vionic/Orthaheel, was stabbed to death at his home in the Bahamas. He was from Australia, but had been living in the Bahamas with his wife Donna for a period of time. The home was in a luxury gated community. His body was found in the dining room an estimated eight hours after his death from "numerous" stab wounds.

Donna was detained by police as a "person of interest" but so far she has not been formally charged with murder.

http://abc.net.au/news/2015-03-25/phillip-vasyli-australian-podiatrist-found-stabbed-death-bahamas/6347974
ABC.net.au, March 25, 2015, "Phillip Vasyli, internationally renowned Australian podiatrist, stabbed to death in Bahamas"

Some other articles reported the neighbors said there had been an "altercation" between Phillip and Donna the night before his death.

I looked at the QVC website and they haven't said anything about Phillip's death, no condolences announcement. Looked at the forums and none of the posters have said a word about it either. I guess the news hasn't been widely circulated.

I never bought any Orthaheel shoes, but I knew about the product from seeing other people post about it.

Coffeecup
04-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Hello? Anybody there? Our thread is getting pretty thin.

Mods attacked again over there. People were talking about Jamie Kern of IT Cosmetics, how she had let herself go and gotten fat. Someone posted a photo of her in a bathing suit when she appeared on Baywatch. She was super thin, so thin in the midsection that I suspect Photoshop. Mods slapped everybody's hands and said body-shaming is not allowed.

Oh, really? I went over to their Kim Kardashian thread, and there were numerous posts about her big fat ass. The mods are silent about that. There are also many posts on the Honey Boo Boo threads about how fat Mama June is.

Friedbaloney
04-01-2015, 08:23 PM
I just saw that latest slapdown over there! WTF. I can't figure out why they can get away with so much on all the other forums but on the shopping channel forum the mods are acting like a bunch of Nazis. The next thing we're going to be told is that we can't laugh at Shawn's ridiculous bangs anymore because that falls under the category of 'hair-shaming'.

I notice that Beauty Taint hasn't been on either site in a long time. Hope she's okay.

stillownedbysetters
04-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Well that explains why I couldn't get in over there today earlier. Honestly (insert eye roll here). I still like to read, but I've stopped posting. I can't take being treated like an unruly gradeschooler and called a 'mean girl' every 5 minutes.

Friedbaloney
04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
I see where a post I made last night about lard ass Jaime Kerns was deleted at our favorite concentration camp. Along with other posts not flattering to Ms. Wide-Load. The ones, of course, giving her dewy-eyed pity still stand though. I wasn't even that critical of Jaimie, just said that it's puzzling why she seems to deliberately dress in a way that is so unflattering to her figure type. Today I was going to post about how Yum-Yum looks like he's gaining weight in his head because it's the approximate size of a watermelon but I guess I better not.

You know what? Fuck them! And I never swear. (Well, almost never). But if they want another Q board with a handful of self-righteous biddies pushing the report button on everybody they don't agree with--well, they've achieved their goal. Let them all bore each other to death now.

caminlaca
04-02-2015, 02:38 PM
The heavy-handedness 'over there' really has been ramped up. Appears they always need one person who is hands off. Hate having to overthink posting there, or wondering if something I've commented on can be construed into 'inappropriate.' Used to be fun, don't need the stress.

Meanwhile, wandered into LR's FB page. Yowza to a pic of her and Cheryl's Cookies OAP showing LR's forehead. She and the new bf looking cozy...at least on his part...in a pic with friends.

Friedbaloney
04-02-2015, 03:02 PM
I suppose I couldn't get away with posting this over there either, but I've always been suspicious of Jaime's "rosacea". Because I know quite a few people with that skin disease--including members of my own family. None of theirs is the deep, dark red that Jaime's is. When she takes off her concealer, it's startling how red her face is. It looks more like a port wine stain birthmark than rosacea. Not saying it isn't rosacea. Just saying that it looks like Jaime does something to deepen the color of it so it will make the foundation she sells look like more of a miracle worker.

caminlaca
04-02-2015, 03:16 PM
My sister has rosacea, lupus related, and hers looks nothing like what Jamie has but I know very, very little about the disease (one of my bros has it, as well, but totally different symptoms). Thus, I'm sure it exhibits in many different ways. My sister has never been a make-up wearer but I can't help but wonder how all those repeated demos of applying the coverage product and then briskly removing it, over and over, can't help but be irritating to the skin. Some of the Q models who do full make-up for the purposes of scrubbing it all off...and do it several times over the course of a day...with a product that's not really intended to be applied that often. Ouch.

Friedbaloney
04-02-2015, 04:36 PM
I agree, Caminlaca, the symptoms and severity of rosacea varies from person to person. My cousin has the acne-like breakouts and broken blood vessels that often accompany the redness--which, on her, looks like a mild sunburn. Some other family members just have a flush of pink across their nose and cheeks.

Maybe Jamie's rosacea is that dark red but if she's doing something to exaggerate the severity of it in order to sell a product--boy, that's low.

caminlaca
04-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Friedbaloney...my sis' skin has the appearance of what you described your relatives as having. I know she has to be very careful with skincare products as it's very sensitive. That's why I would think constant irritation would not help matters.

Friedbaloney
04-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Well, another post I made over there in which I quoted one of Jaime's sympathizers who had quoted me has disappeared now too. So let me get this straight. We can't talk about Jamie in her tacky skin-tight dresses that show more rolls than the local bakery. We can, however, laugh at Josie Moran and basically say she dresses like a slut. The difference being, of course, that Josie has a great body while Jamie--no doubt like the button pushers themselves--doesn't have a great body.

Okay, got it. ;)

Friedbaloney
04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Just saw Mary Beth Rowe for the first time in a while. How long has she had that longer, more-up-to-date hairstyle? She looks great! Was wearing a nice figure-flattering blue dress too that didn't make her look like a contestant for Miss AARP for once.

Nice that somebody at What Not To Wear--oops, I mean the 'Q'--finally seems to have gotten a clue. Hope she burned her dowdy Liz Claibornes but, alas, I doubt it.

Coffeecup
04-03-2015, 02:15 PM
What is it with all their "no shaming" rules anyway? No body-shaming, no slut-shaming, no posting-too-much-on-social-media-and-tempting-stalkers shaming, etcetera, etcetera. Damn it, the reason we want to post about shopping channels is to snark on them. "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him."

QVC has become the most ridiculous of all the shopping channels. I remember how pleasant they were years ago. Good hosts, big variety of products you couldn't find elsewhere, and interesting shows. Now they are floundering and boring. The new queen of QVC, Shawn, is a caricature of a host. She looks and acts like a clown. Lisa had gotten silly and pretentious by the time she left, but she never sank to Shawn's level of foolishness. The vendors and vendor representatives have always been hit-or-miss, but now many of them act silly and/or look silly too.

Hurray for snark! Long may it wave.

Friedbaloney
04-03-2015, 03:36 PM
What's pissing me off is how the mods over there keep putting their own spin on things. Nobody said Jamie Kerns Lima--or any overweight person--shouldn't be seen in public in a bathing suit. Or that she wasn't capable of running a business. Half of what those assholes admonish us for posting has never even been posted by anybody! It was the same when they were posting warnings about what wouldn't be tolerated where Lisa was concerned. They were accusing people of posting things that must have been written in invisible ink, because I sure couldn't see any evidence of what they were claiming had been posted.

I started to write my comment about Mary Beth over there first, but then I said the hell with it. I'm not going to help them to keep that loser of a board going.

caminlaca
04-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Methinks Nutribullet's David Wolfe has bit of crush on Carrie Smith. Granted, he's high energy, effusive and she's very expressive, energetic, but first time seeing him feed his creations to a host (during their show late last night). Always appreciate when it's obvious a host owns and uses a product, which CS clearly does in terms of the NB. Much more believable presentations as compared to Colleen, who just gushes all the appropriate adjectives and superlatives but shows an obvious naivete in terms of owning the item.

caminlaca
04-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Well, so much for my previous comment....David Wolfe has taken to feeding all the hosts now. New schtick. (Recipes sampled with a spoon.) I will say the 'ice cream' concoctions look soooooo yummy. I don't have the ingredients. :(

LadyR
04-04-2015, 12:02 AM
I saw this shocking news on the other forum and looked it up on Google: a QVC vendor has been murdered. Philip Vasyli, founder of Vionic/Orthaheel, was stabbed to death at his home in the Bahamas. He was from Australia, but had been living in the Bahamas with his wife Donna for a period of time. The home was in a luxury gated community. His body was found in the dining room an estimated eight hours after his death from "numerous" stab wounds.

Donna was detained by police as a "person of interest" but so far she has not been formally charged with murder.

http://abc.net.au/news/2015-03-25/phillip-vasyli-australian-podiatrist-found-stabbed-death-bahamas/6347974
ABC.net.au, March 25, 2015, "Phillip Vasyli, internationally renowned Australian podiatrist, stabbed to death in Bahamas"

Some other articles reported the neighbors said there had been an "altercation" between Phillip and Donna the night before his death.

I looked at the QVC website and they haven't said anything about Phillip's death, no condolences announcement. Looked at the forums and none of the posters have said a word about it either. I guess the news hasn't been widely circulated.

I never bought any Orthaheel shoes, but I knew about the product from seeing other people post about it.

There was an announcement last Thursday night on QVC. I was watching that night, and Liam Bourke from Vionic/Orthaheel did a short presentation with Jane Treacy hosting. Both were sitting down, and at the end of the presentation Jane held Liam's hand. He then announced that Phillip Vasyli, the founder of Vionic/Orthaheel, died suddenly. Liam looked like he was going to cry, but held it in. Then the screen went black and then showed a photo of Mr. Vasyli. And there are now posts from people in the Shoes forum on QVC 's message board as well. May he RIP.

Honey
04-04-2015, 12:42 AM
It's nice to see this thread has perked up I the last few days. Speaking of nurse Ratched, months ago I posted old photos of her in a bikini, back when she was on Big Brother. It had a side by side comparison with her body today, and it wasn't deleted, no warnings were issued.

That place has become the snark-board version of plain oatmeal. I can't stand it, and the only time I post now is to try to get a rise out of the mods. ;)

caminlaca
04-04-2015, 12:48 AM
LadyR, thanks for the info on Liam's appearance. Happened to flip by as he and Jane were presenting on the sofa and wondered what, if anything, had been said.

govgirl
04-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Has anyone been arrested for P. Vasyli's murder yet? On another note, seems Lisa R. has been frequenting Florida a lot lately, so there's much speculation that she's interviewing for a spot on HSN. Personally, I don't see that happening, but you never know.

caminlaca
04-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Saw post on HSN forums about rumor of LR showing up there. LR seems to be enjoying dating, a lifestyle seemingly a bit different than when she was tied to the Q. I don't see LR fitting into the current stable of HSN hosts and the dynamic of HSN is different than the Q. Perhaps a bit more casual, geared to lower pricepoints? Customers took issue with LR's constant references to expensive shops and locales, showing up, on air, wearing her designer pieces (and rarely a lower-end TSV), posting pics of her expensive purchases, being rather flippant about the 'dollar...or however much...a day' selling strategy. Just don't think her schtick would play to the average HSN viewer.

Friedbaloney
04-04-2015, 04:28 PM
I can't imagine Lisa ever going over to HSN to work. It would be kind of like Mrs. Drysdale being forced to move in with the Clampetts. Within a week, Jethro (aka Shannon Smith) would have Lisa laying at the bottom of the see-ment pond.

caminlaca
04-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Good one, Fried.

Mrs. Munster
04-04-2015, 06:11 PM
So glad to see so many of you back! Friedbaloney, I'm still laughing over the visual of your comment about Yum Yum with the watermelon head :)

I missed Jane comforting Liam, the Vionic Guy. I hope she doesn't add that poor murdered company owner to the list of those Dear Ones In Heaven she is always referring to in order to make a sale.

I haven't watched a whole show in a long time...just so boring. I do get a chuckle out of the website.....how many pictures can they come up with of Shawnie Sue making a moronic face? The latest has some kind of strange look that I guess is supposed to be a cute pout....to me, it says she's been constipated since Wednesday.

Klovestoshop
04-05-2015, 01:26 AM
If Lisa isn't careful, she's going to run through every dime of her money before she starts her second career. She's become the U.S. version of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, who are constantly on vacation. Add to that her obvious love of Manolo, Louis V, Giambatista Valle and all the other high end designers, she's going to need to peddle her wares sooner rather than later.

Like all of you, I just don't get this censorship on the other board. They have no problem with just about every swear word in the dictionary, but you can't say Jamie needs extra strength Spanx? Makes no sense.

longhair75
04-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Good morning all!

It is nice to see y'all here.

On an intellectual level, I realized that my cable TV package included shopping channels., but before reading this thread I had never clicked on one. I am now watching Kirsten Lindquist selling Philosophy Chemical Peel subscriptions.

Surreal.......

longhair75
04-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Apparently, I have a channel called: EVINEHD, which looks like it is all Invicta Watches, all the time..

longhair75
04-05-2015, 09:20 AM
HSN has Dianne Gilman selling super stretch Bermuda shorts. I am not sure which of the two hostesses is Ms. Gilman. Props for the use of models that do not look like they are all made out of pipe cleaners.

Honey
04-05-2015, 09:35 AM
HSN has Dianne Gilman selling super stretch Bermuda shorts. I am not sure which of the two hostesses is Ms. Gilman. Props for the use of models that do not look like they are all made out of pipe cleaners.

Diane Gilman is the one with medium length, dark brown hair, who won't shut the hell up!

Evine goes through phases where they show nothing but Invicta watches, it'll pass.

Evine used to be known as ShopHQ. Right about the time Kathy Levine (former QVC host) joined the network, the name change to Evine. Coincidence?

longhair75
04-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Is she the one with the big wart on her upper lip or the one who looks as if she has lost her hairbrush with the really bad eye work?

longhair75
04-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I am assuming the latter, because she seems to be running the show. The warted one looks like a sidekick.

longhair75
04-05-2015, 11:24 AM
So, Dan has convinced me that I need a pole chain saw......

I'll stop at Lowe's on the way home tomorrow

longhair75
04-05-2015, 11:41 AM
So, HSN is listed as showing Jay's Mine Finds: The wonders of adventure though gems. They are actually showing the lady with the wart on her upper lip and two people with German accents selling makeup.

Coffeecup
04-06-2015, 02:14 AM
Has anyone been arrested for P. Vasyli's murder yet? On another note, seems Lisa R. has been frequenting Florida a lot lately, so there's much speculation that she's interviewing for a spot on HSN. Personally, I don't see that happening, but you never know.

Yes, his wife Donna has been formally charged with murder. She's in custody. The next court hearing will be May 20.

http://abc.net.au/news/2015-03-31/wife-of-sydney-podiatrist-killed-in-bahamas-charged-with-murder/6360938
ABC News, Australia, March 31, 2015, "Wife of Sydney podiatrist charged with murder after Phillip Vasyli found dead in Bahamas."

Excerpt:
"The wife of an Australian podiatrist killed in the Bahamas has been charged with his murder.

"Donna Vasyli, 54, has faced court accused of stabbing her husband Phillip to death last week.

"She has been in custody since the body of the 59-year-old was found with numerous stab wounds in the couple's luxury home in Old Fort Bay, a high-end community just west of Nassau, the Bahamas' capital...

"The case has been adjourned until May 20."

Coffeecup
04-06-2015, 02:35 AM
Here is another article about the Vasyli murder case. It says there are two additional suspects. Wonder what that's all about? Did wife Donna have accomplices in the murder? Or were there just two people in the house who knew she killed him, but didn't call the police? Apparently she didn't try to hide the body, since he was found on the dining room floor, so the other two would not have been helping her get rid of the body. We'll have to wait for more details from the court hearing.

The Bahamian police said one of the two suspects is a Vasyli family member. (they did not name the suspects.) This is sounding pretty bad.

Earlier articles said his body was found by one of his employees who went to the home to check on him when he didn't show up at the office.

http://footwearnews.com/2015/business/uncategorized/phillip-vasyli-vionic-group-founder-dies-19567/
Footwear News.com, April 3, 2015, "Update: Phillip Vasyli, Vionic Group Founder, Dies; Wife Charged."

Excerpts:

"During her arraignment before Chief Magistrate Joyann Ferguson-Pratt on March 31, Donna was both vocal and emotional, Bahamian newspaper The Nassau Guardian reported.

"Donna was not required to enter a plea and was subsequently remanded to the Bahamian Department of Corrections.

"Anthony Ferguson, acting commissioner of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, told FN exclusively today that three people are being held in police custody in connection with the death of Vionic Group founder Phillip Vasyli.

"Ferguson said that shortly after Vasyli’s wife was taken into custody Tuesday morning, two additional suspects were brought in for questioning.

"The acting commissioner said he couldn’t disclose the names of the two additional suspects but he could confirm that one of them is a family member of Vasyli’s..."

This article had a link to a Bahamian newspaper article about the case:
http://thenassauguardian.com/news/55054-donna-vasyli-charged-with-husbands-murder
The Nassau Guardian, March 31, 2015, "Donna Vasyli charged with husband's murder."

Article says that "Once inside [the courtroom], Vasyli calmly told relatives and friends, 'I'll be out of here in no time.' " Nope, her butt is still in jail.

What happens on May 20 is that the prosecutors will present a "voluntary bill of indictment."

Klovestoshop
04-08-2015, 11:49 PM
So, when did Lisa Robertson get ADD? On her facebook page, she said that her ADD kicked in while packing for another trip with this supposed boyfriend.

Also, why would anyone who's afraid of stalkers put details of her many trips online? She's telling everyone that her house is empty. Stupid, or what?

govgirl
04-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Lisa sure likes to travel with the boyfriend -- does he no longer work either? Seems they go away at least once a week. If he's retired, it must be nice, as he's supposedly 39 years old.

AuntCarol
04-09-2015, 06:36 PM
LR is definitely making up for lost time! I'm guessing her bf is self-employed at the gym and can take off when he wants? Who knows. I agree about her always posting where she is and where she's going. Seems weird to me.

Honey
04-09-2015, 10:21 PM
LR is definitely making up for lost time! I'm guessing her bf is self-employed at the gym and can take off when he wants? Who knows. I agree about her always posting where she is and where she's going. Seems weird to me.

She's making up for lost time. It doesn't seem like she had much of a social life when she was a show host.

She posts about everything, because she really wants everyone to think she has an enviable life.

longhair75
04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
After reading this thread with little or no frame of reference, I looked LR up. Her appearance was not what I expected at all.

Coffeecup
04-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Lisa posted a picture of herself in high school on her Facebook (for Throwback Thursday, I assume). You can see she had normal-shaped lips with a Cupid's bow.

As usual, she has several new posts of restaurant food and snacks she ate. Why do people post photos of their food? Drives me crazy. Unless you made it yourself and you want to talk about the recipe, what's the point?

Honey
04-10-2015, 12:50 PM
After reading this thread with little or no frame of reference, I looked LR up. Her appearance was not what I expected at all.

Better or worse?

stillownedbysetters
04-10-2015, 02:13 PM
I posted a picture of my food once. But only once. And only because I wanted proof I'd actually eaten it. I'd been talked into (well, bet that I wouldn't) eat Rocky Mountain oysters. :cool:

I thought Lisa looked like any other pretty high school girl. It was, I have to admit, nice to see who she was under all the makeup and desperation.

longhair75
04-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Better or worse?

Better or worse are relative terms, as are attractive and sexy.

I expected a much more pseudo glamorous cliche. Maybe a poorly executed and unsuccessful attempt at a blond Victoria Secret model gone to seed.

longhair75
04-10-2015, 02:35 PM
I guess I expected her to be much more tacky. The work she has had done was a mistake, and it does not improve her appearance. At least she did not go full on middle aged bleach blond Barbie impersonator....

Booney
04-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Hi All. Long time reader (and occasional poster) on the old board. So glad to find this board where posters can say what they think without getting slapped by prickly moderators. Anyway, here's my theory on LR. I think the new "boyfriend" is actually a bodyguard on her payroll. If he does have a job as a personal trainer, how could he afford to take off time for all of these vacations with LR? If he's on her payroll, however, it makes sense. She's obviously still concerned about stalkers - remember the recent GMA appearance - so a bodyguard (aka "boyfriend") would provide constant protection. Just a theory...whaddya think?

Klovestoshop
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
In my group of friends, we think Lisa is this guy's beard. She's posted photos of a gay couple, with their child, on her facebook page.

If she was really concerned with stalkers, she would NEVER post so much personal information on a public forum. She writes where she's going, what restaurants she loves and she lets everyone know when she's out of town and her house is empty. I don't have stalkers, but I never, ever put things on my facebook page when I'm going on vacation. Doing that just screams "Hey, my house is empty. Come and get it."

Face it. Lisa is totally desperate to remain in the public eye, she's a media Ho, and she'll do anything not to be forgotten.

Booney
04-10-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't disagree that he could be her beard. A couple of years ago my husband was visiting a friend's photography studio near QVC and the photographer's girlfriend was there. She was a make-up artist who just happened to do make-up for some of the hosts at QVC. My husband asked her about some of the QVC hosts, and she said about LR, "I don't think she really likes men, if you know what I mean." So the beard thing is totally plausible.

Coffeecup
04-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Haha, I just got to join the Deleted Post Club at the other place. ;)

Somebody posted Lisa's high school pic from her Facebook page. I replied, quoting the post and picture. Both our posts got nuked. There is a hand-slapping note from the mods about what goes on FB, stays on FB. Well, shit. When Lisa still worked at Q, they let people post her FB pics and selfies all the time. In fact I think they're still allowing posts of Shawn's FB pics.

Coffeecup
04-12-2015, 09:47 PM
JTV news: Cheryl Ells quit. She's the energetic blonde who was usually on overnight doing the "Late Night Rocks" loose gemstone shows. She posted on her FB page that April 9 was her last day. She said she'd been at JTV ten years but that her "body couldn't take" the late hours any more.

I noticed she hadn't been on the Late Night Rocks shows for a few weeks. At first I thought she was on vacation, since she'd posted on FB that she was "mining," (gone rock-hunting), but she was gone so long I figured something was up. I wonder if she was trying to negotiate with JTV to give her daytime hours and they refused. I did see her on-air on April 9, and it was a daytime show.

JTV is showing a lot of pre-recorded shows in the overnight hours now, so I guess they are having trouble getting people to work in the wee hours. (They will have a box saying "Encore presentation of a favorite JTV show" in the lower right corner of the TV screen when it's a pre-recorded show.) Jeff took over the Late Night Rocks shows, but even some of his shows are pre-recorded now.

New host Rebecca did overnight shows for weeks, but they've given her better hours now. I wonder why they couldn't work something out with Cheryl?

stillownedbysetters
04-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Oh that makes me sad. I liked Sergeant Cheryl and her booming military voice. I also liked her backstory about how when she was in the military, she'd watch JTV to see something feminine and pretty and that the first thing she did when she mustered out was to apply to JTV for a job. I admire that kind of gumption. And although she wasn't a particularly pretty or feminine woman, she tried very hard with her appearance and truly seemed to enjoy what she was doing.

Cheryl kept me company during a lot of insomniac nights. I wish her well.

One More Time Again
04-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Had anyone seen the newest shopping offerings?--Gem Hunter and TVON? Both are jewelry shopping, both are on channel 158 (Fios) and neither have anything I would consider buying at this point, especially TVON (or maybe it's ONTV??)-mostly semi precious stones in what appears to be less than substantial settings.

Yes, it's true: I have no life.

LadyR
04-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Coffeecup, Thanks so much for the post about Cheryl Ells. Although I haven't watched JTV in recent months, I would check out Cheryl's shows from time to time. She really knew Tanzanite, which is why I purchased some Tanzanite jewelry from JTV a number of years ago. Excellent quality pieces at very good prices. Wishing Cheryl all the best!

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-14-2015, 04:40 PM
I can't believe they gave P.M. Style to SHAWN! They should change the name of the show to Bag Lady Style. Gag a maggot, SHAWN!

Honey
04-15-2015, 12:55 AM
I can't believe they gave P.M. Style to SHAWN! They should change the name of the show to Bag Lady Style. Gag a maggot, SHAWN!

Shawn doesn't bug me like she does others. Still, I would have preferred Jacque to Shawn.

stillownedbysetters
04-15-2015, 01:07 PM
Soooo glad to see Lisa Mason back on the team. Hopefully a little sanity will return to the Q along with her. She's whip smart and funny under all the southern belle sugar and always struck me as someone worth getting to know. If we're really lucky, maybe she'll rub off a little on some of the younger train wrecks.

Had to watch Eterna Gold last night. I have always enjoyed Ted as a vendor. But Stacey? Oh my. At one point she was presenting a fairly expensive bangle bracelet ($500 range, I think) and she piped up and said "when we get rid of this thing...." Ted's eyes widened, but gentleman that he is, he didn't say anything. Stacey fumbled about until she found "I mean, when it sells out", but it was already too late, the damage had been done. Geez, the mind boggles at such unprofessional mistakes.

Honey
04-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Soooo glad to see Lisa Mason back on the team. Hopefully a little sanity will return to the Q along with her. She's whip smart and funny under all the southern belle sugar and always struck me as someone worth getting to know. If we're really lucky, maybe she'll rub off a little on some of the younger train wrecks.

Had to watch Eterna Gold last night. I have always enjoyed Ted as a vendor. But Stacey? Oh my. At one point she was presenting a fairly expensive bangle bracelet ($500 range, I think) and she piped up and said "when we get rid of this thing...." Ted's eyes widened, but gentleman that he is, he didn't say anything. Stacey fumbled about until she found "I mean, when it sells out", but it was already too late, the damage had been done. Geez, the mind boggles at such unprofessional mistakes.

Spacey Stacey she is worthless. Like tits on a bull.

Friedbaloney
04-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Some designer named Sigal is jumping with Gay-ity over on HSN as he shows some of the tackiest jewelry I've ever seen. One was a black studded ear cuff that made both Callie and the model look like Uhura on Star Trek. Next is coming up a black leather wrist strap with sparkly red lips on it. Oh my.

Callie, by the way, is spending far too much time in the tanning salon, imo. The darker skin tone
she's been sporting for months doesn't look attractive on her (in my opinion anyway). It also shows up every year of her age.

caminlaca
04-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Friedbaloney...agree about Callie and the tanning. Not something I've seen her do in the past. After the holidays she started mentioning she'd packed on some extra pounds and, while she's clearly in good shape, is an avid exerciser, looks to me like menopause is impacting (she's early 50s...the subtle, soft, squishy many of us know seems to be creeping in) and she thinks the tan makes her looks more slender, youthful. Not. Having said that, she remains a fave. (Program guide shows Lynn scheduled, so Callie must be filling in....she very rarely does jewelry shows.)

Friedbaloney
04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Friedbaloney...agree about Callie and the tanning. Not something I've seen her do in the past. After the holidays she started mentioning she'd packed on some extra pounds and, while she's clearly in good shape, is an avid exerciser, looks to me like menopause is impacting (she's early 50s...the subtle, soft, squishy many of us know seems to be creeping in) and she thinks the tan makes her looks more slender, youthful. Not. Having said that, she remains a fave. (Program guide shows Lynn scheduled, so Callie must be filling in....she very rarely does jewelry shows.)

You may be right about Callie's reason for the perpetual tan, but even her manner and style of dressing (more cleavage than she previously showed) seems different to me lately. She's way too giddy and over-excited at times. And with some of the more attractive male vendors--more than a little flirtatious. In fact, last month I heard her make some jarringly off-color remarks to one male vendor that were actually kind of distasteful and not at all what I would have ever expected her to say. I can't remember who the vendor was or what the remarks were exactly, but she was definitely flirting with him and not in a subtle or artful way either.

Methinks our Callie may be a cougar on the prowl. I always liked her too (as much as you can like any of those professional fibbers on the shopping channels) so I hope she manages to snag herself a good catch, lol.

caminlaca
04-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Her behavior has changed somewhat, recently, as you noted. Back in February(?) she took an extended vaca to HI with a male friend, Paul? (and his mother???...as I recall from pics she posted). She'd mentioned his name, on air, a number of times ... and she's mentioned him staying at her house. But then, out of the blue, some weeks back, she kept bringing up 'Jamie'...her ex (Tristan's father). Agree about the flirting thing, which she's always had on some level, IMO, but, lately, she's being more obvious. She strikes me as someone who says what she thinks but was previously a bit filtered...not so much now.

Friedbaloney
04-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Meant to add that I think Callie has gotten divorced. Not only because she never mentions her husband anymore or wears her wedding band, but because during a recent presentation of a home security device, she said that she's often nervous at night because she lives alone.

What a stupid thing that was for her to say on air! And this right after talking about the recent break-in one of her neighbors had! :(

caminlaca
04-16-2015, 04:21 PM
I did hear the presentation where she referenced the neighbor's break-in. But recall she's also said she lives in a very safe (gated?) area. With so many concocted stories, never know when something is told to enhance the product being sold.

Friedbaloney
04-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Her behavior has changed somewhat, recently, as you noted. Back in February(?) she took an extended vaca to HI with a male friend, Paul? (and his mother???...as I recall from pics she posted). She'd mentioned his name, on air, a number of times ... and she's mentioned him staying at her house. But then, out of the blue, some weeks back, she kept bringing up 'Jamie'...her ex (Tristan's father). Agree about the flirting thing, which she's always had on some level, IMO, but, lately, she's being more obvious. She strikes me as someone who says what she thinks but was previously a bit filtered...not so much now.

I didn't see your post before I wrote mine. So she is divorced. I didn't catch the shows where she mentioned going to Hawaii with what sounds like may be a boyfriend--though I heard her say she did go there.

Friedbaloney
04-16-2015, 04:33 PM
I did hear the presentation where she referenced the neighbor's break-in. But recall she's also said she lives in a very safe (gated?) area. With so many concocted stories, never know when something is told to enhance the product being sold.

That's another thing that I've noticed has changed about her. She never seemed to B.S. as much as the other hosts do. But I've caught her in more than a few outright lies in regard to some of the products she claims she uses. Contradicts herself as the occasion fits.

They mentioned at the "other" place that a few times the camera caught her smirking while listening to some of the callers too.

Eh. They're all such phonies, anyway! :(

caminlaca
04-16-2015, 04:33 PM
The times she's mentioned 'Paul' it was usually in conjunction with the Castro Convertible piece using his height and size to demonstrate how well the piece accommodated a large man and his supposed proclamation of how comfy it was. But, during presentations of the Concierge inflatable beds, Callie claimed to own both the twin and queen, as I recall. (Beds galore!) She frequently mentions having lots of people staying at her house so whether she's fabricating for the purposes of sales or sometimes finds herself playing hostess to a good number of folks who need bedding, who knows.

Coffeecup
04-17-2015, 02:43 PM
JTV is having their semi-annual "Tanzanite Event" this week. It makes me miss Cheryl more, since she loved tanzanite so much.

I had to turn off the tanzanite show I was watching, though. It was Sharon and Kristen. Normally I like both of them, but they were just acting too silly and giddy over some inexpensive tanzanite silver jewelry. It was low-grade tanzanite, the kind that is pale blue to lavender. That's fine if it's what you can afford, but if I were a host I wouldn't act like the pale colored tanzanite is something to "ooh and ah" over.

In checking the show reviews on the website later, I saw that there was higher grade tanzanite jewelry presented in other shows. The outstanding piece was a $34,000 ring with a 23-carat stone, in 18K gold. It was gorgeous, but for a stone that big (19 x 14 mm) I would have wanted it set in a pendant instead of a ring, so it wouldn't get banged up. Tanzanite is not a very hard stone. (Haha, look at me daydreaming that I could ever buy a piece of $34K jewelry!)

I have to say that I got creeped out by the Sharon and Kristen show, and other tanzanite shows I saw briefly, because all the female hosts were wearing blue. It affected me this way because of the Jodi Arias trial. In case you haven't followed that case, Jodi brutally murdered her former boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in Arizona in 2008 because he was interested in another woman. She was convicted of first degree murder in 2013. It was a death penalty case, but two different juries hung on the sentencing, so the prosecution agreed to drop pursuit of the death penalty and leave the sentencing decision up to the judge, as of March 2015. The judge said the sentence would be either life with possibility of parole after 25 years, or life without possibility of parole.

The sentencing hearing was held on April 13, 2015, and after hearing victim impact statements (the Alexander family) and Jodi's argument that she deserved parole after 25 years because she killed him in self-defense, the judge decided on life without parole. Anyway, to get back to the point, the Alexander family and other supporters of the victim had decided to wear blue to the sentencing hearing in honor of Travis. (It was his favorite color.) The sentencing hearing was televised, and I saw dozens of people wearing blue. So when I tuned into JTV and saw everybody wearing blue, I immediately thought of the Arias sentencing hearing. This was just a coincidence with JTV; I'm sure the trial never entered their minds when they planned for the hosts to wear "tanzanite blue" on April 16-19.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Did someone say Lisa Mason is coming back? Do you know when? I really enjoyed her shows. I bought that ring that was designed after hers and I still wear it a lot. Very delicate and pretty.

Klovestoshop
04-17-2015, 11:53 PM
I believe Lisa M has already started.

Boy, Lisa Robertson really is desperate for attention when she posts on Facebook that she was sick from both ends. I don't think her hangers on need to know about poop and puke.

Coffeecup
04-18-2015, 11:14 AM
I tried to go on the JTV website this morning to leave a product review. Shortly after I logged in, a message came up on the screen that the site was down for routine maintenance. Huh? They shut down at 10:30 on a Saturday morning, right when a lot of people are shopping? Every other retail site does maintenance in the middle of the night.

Ya think their site crashed because so many people were ordering tanzanite? LOL.

caminlaca
04-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Klovestoshop....wow, just wandered over to LR's FB page. There.are.no.words. Asking her fans what foods would be easy on her sick tummy? Going through the drive-thru while in the midst of doing some hair treatment, towel clipped around her neck!!! No sooner on the mend than she and 'bf' are on vaca again, at yet another beach. Never a fan of the woman and her post-hosting lifestyle has done nothing to endear her to me. If anything, I now find her even more off-putting.

LipLiner
04-19-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm sure Lisa made a shit load of money while she was at the Q. But damn this is like her 5th trip to Florida in about a month. She also went to TN to visit her family. And many times when she and Eric leave FL they don't fly home to PA. They fly into NYC and spend a few days at some swanky ass hotels. They eat at these 5 star restaurants where Eric orders the $100 fish entree. She posted a sample title for a new backsplash she wants to install in her kitchen. She's talking about going to Italy for vacation later this year. What gives?!?! She must have gotten a heck of a severance package upon her departure. Because I'm sure her Gym Rat Boy Toy doesn't have that kind of money. If you ask me, he'd better hang on to Miss Money Bags!

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-20-2015, 11:51 PM
I don't understand why you guys who have a serious hate-on for Lisa spend so much energy Facebook stalking her. She's gone from QVC so you don't have to be subjected to her sales talk, why do you do it if you dislike her so much? I honestly am asking, not snarking, because I just do not understand.

I can't STAND "thufferin' thuckotath Thawn" Killinger, so I just don't watch her shows and don't go to her facebook, so her irritating speech impediment and her moron-itude doesn't get on my nerves. I do practically give myself whiplash grabbing the remote if one of her shows catches me unawares. But to go to her facebook page? WHYYY YY would I subject myself to that?

Booney
04-21-2015, 12:53 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I look because her Facebook page is so snark-worthy. It's a goldmine, really. It's like a train wreck - you can't look away.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-21-2015, 02:57 PM
I still don't get that. I mean her stuff is so ordinary, everyday. It's the same sorts of things my (real) FB friends post. Going out to eat, going on vacation, pics with friends. I've seen more snark-worthy stuff about new moms and their (understandable) baby obsession. You *really* think vacation pics and dinners out are "snarkworthy"?

On edit, something that was super snarkworthy was Thawn and and her idiotic "is the moon a star or a planet" moment of imbecility. LOL! I wouldn't have seen it had other people not spread it around because, as I mentioned, I can't stand her so I avoid her, but that clip was all over my facebook page. As Bugs Bunny used to say "what a maroon!"

Klovestoshop
04-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, I guess we're allowed to post anything we want about now unemployed show hosts on this board, mostly because it's verboten on other boards. If people want to snark on previous show hosts, it's fine by me. The other board, and this one, is for snark on current hosts. And, BTW, it's not stalking anyone if the person is putting things out on a public forum like Facebook.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Oh I agree, you can post whatever, as can I. I don't get "snarking" on ordinary, everyday posts like vacation pics, food pics, friends and family pics. I mean if I snarked on those things I'd be snarking *all* my friends and family because that's mainly what facebook is, no? Sharing what's going on in your life. But by all means, continue to make fun of her for going out to dinner and taking vacations!

(But seriously, when Thawn gives you such *fantastic* reasons for snarking because she is just so stupid, you should totally take her up on it.)

LipLiner
04-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I agree that looking at Lisa's FB page is like watching a train wreck in progress. She wears clothes that costs thousands of dollars, goes on trips all of the time, eats at the finest restaurants, got a 11 yr younger boy toy boyfriend.....she has it all! But one day something will happen. Whether it's financial problems or boy toy dumps her 50 yr old ass for a 20 something hard body or health problems.....something will happen. It's called LIFE and it happens to all of us at one time or another. And when it does it will be fun to watch her fall from grace after 20 years of bragging about her perfect life.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Also, "Facebook stalking" is the correct term for it. See urban dictionary:

Facebook Stalking, like regular stalking, allows the stalker to secretly gather information about the person they are interested in; the stalkee if you will. Unlike regular stalking, Facebook Stalking is less likely to have an illegal component and is generally accepted by it's voyeuristic victims. The argument being, that if you didn't want others to know about your life, you wouldn't post it all over the internet.

I continue to boggle at the number of people who find it a "train wreck" or "bizarre" that someone goes out to dinner, goes on vacation, visits distant relatives or asks FB about health problems. I guess I'm some sort of "train wreck" because I have done all of those as have my friends. Who knew?

Why just yesterday I posted a picture of a bird in my garden! Quelle horreur!

caminlaca
04-21-2015, 09:40 PM
My siblings, and I, are all boomers. None of us post to FB save for my youngest brother who is about the same age as LR. (None of his three children post on FB, either.) And his total posts probably don't exceed half a dozen. I follow a handful of FB pages. In the case of the shopping channel hosts, I may visit their page only a few times over the course of a year unless I get word of something which piques my interest. In my world, the only person who posts similarly to LR is my niece who's in her early 20s. She's all about tech, gadgets and, for a reason I don't understand, feels the need to over-share. But I associate that with her age, having grown up with essentially being online. But I really don't understand someone, 'older,' feeling so inclined.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
04-21-2015, 09:43 PM
OMG, I just facebook stalked Lisa and HOLY SHIT! She went out to eat! AND she ate BREAD! I, for one, am SHOCKED at this behavior.

Honey
04-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Also, "Facebook stalking" is the correct term for it. See urban dictionary:

I continue to boggle at the number of people who find it a "train wreck" or "bizarre" that someone goes out to dinner, goes on vacation, visits distant relatives or asks FB about health problems. I guess I'm some sort of "train wreck" because I have done all of those as have my friends. Who knew?

Why just yesterday I posted a picture of a bird in my garden! Quelle horreur!

Lisa has a stalker though. A very serious stalker. So, it's odd that she would post such intimate details of her life on her FB page. She posts addresses of the places she goes, and times she's going there. Not a good idea for a person being stalked.

govgirl
04-24-2015, 06:43 AM
I'm guilty of checking LR's Facebook page on occasion, as I'm curious to see what her next job will be. Right now she's with Mark Zunino in LA, so there's speculation she's shopping for a wedding dress.

Coffeecup
04-24-2015, 01:57 PM
More silly host babble, from JTV this time. On a Precious World of Pearls show, Nikki R. (big-haired blonde, not the dark-haired Nikki S.) and Mark were presenting an Akoya pearl necklace. Akoyas are Japanese saltwater cultured pearls with a high luster. Mark was saying that the superior luster of the Akoya nacre was due to the cold water where the pearls are cultivated.

So Nikki chimes in with her agreement about the cold water: if you rinse your hair in cold water, the hair will be shiny. Mark kept a straight face and just mumbled "Yeah," then went on with his presentation.

I was doubled up laughing. There isn't a connection between cold water making your hair shiny and cold water making pearls shiny. I looked up the chemical composition of each. Hair is 91% protein. Pearls are "calcium carbonate in the form of the mineral aragonite, or a mixture of aragonite and calcite." Mark was thinking about gemstones and Nikki was thinking about beauty tips.

Mark is right about the cold water and the Akoya luster. I looked it up to be sure:
http://americanpearl.com/historyjplus.html
"LUSTER OF AKOYA PEARLS"

"Many experts believe that Akoya pearls have the highest lustre of all cultured pearls, and it has to do with their nacre coating.

The Japanese waters in which Akoya pearls grow are considerably cooler -- 10 to 15 degrees cooler -- than those in warmer climates, where other types of saltwater cultured pearls are grown. The cooler conditions cause Akoya pearls to develop their nacre coating more slowly, and with a more compact crystal structure. This is what increases Akoya pearls' reflective and refractive qualities. Even though Akoya pearls' nacre coating is generally thinner than that of most other saltwater varieties -- about a half millimeter thick -- their lustre shines the brightest."
[I don't know why the website spelled "luster" two different ways.]

caminlaca
04-24-2015, 02:50 PM
LR...wedding dress? I think someone else was suggesting LR and MarkZ were joining forces to design.

Will never be in the market for a handbag (like my handmade crossbody) but can see where OrYaNY has its appeal and the OAP does an excellent job.

Booney
04-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Interesting article about Lisa and her boytoy: http://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3061586/Ex-QVC-queen-Lisa-Robertson-49-love-tatted-38-year-old-TRAINER.html
Note the info about him being broke and filing for bankruptcy. Does this sound like a guy she would actually date?

caminlaca
04-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Does this sound like a guy she would actually date?

Nothing about this rings true, IMO, and reads very contrived. Outside of shopping channel viewers, more specifically the Q, aren't most readers going 'Lisa who???' And why would this story merit such coverage, of any length, outside of the, again, shopping channel, community?

Coffeecup
05-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Nothing about this rings true, IMO, and reads very contrived. Outside of shopping channel viewers, more specifically the Q, aren't most readers going 'Lisa who???' And why would this story merit such coverage, of any length, outside of the, again, shopping channel, community?

Why the story would merit coverage: It's not so much that the story is newsworthy, but because Lisa probably has a publicist. Based on my longtime reading about celebrities (yep, that is my guilty pleasure), I believe that many of them have their publicists arrange to have articles printed about them in the "Daily Fail" and other tabloids. I especially suspect a publicist when the article includes a long series of photos.

Definitely she is in the market for another TV job. How she would fit a job into her busy travel schedule, I don't know, but she wouldn't go to all this trouble to keep herself in the public eye if she weren't interested in a new job. Anyway she needs to start earning some money; this Eric fellow is not rich husband material. I suspect she had a non-compete clause with QVC that prevents her from appearing in a TV job for six months to one year.

Speaking of rich husbands, someone commented on the DM article that Lisa could do better than Eric, because "she should be with a successful businessman of some kind! She knows Donald Trump." LOL. Like anybody would be interested in marrying Donald Trump.

caminlaca
05-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Coffeecup, most definitely 'being shopped around.' One would think, given all the 'connections' she alluded to, or appeared to have, during her years on air, would seem that wouldn't be necessary as someone would have an 'in' for her. Just reads a bit of desperation to me. Does seem like she lives on airplanes, at the moment, so perhaps getting that out of her system before she has to actually settle down into a real(?) job. She's obviously footing the bill for her travels, and the boyfriend. I can appreciate the DT comment only, insofar, as LR seems like the type to associate more with 'peers' (however one defines that....but meaning someone of, at least, equal financial stature, common lifestyle, etc and, in her case, even more affluent given her love of all things high end). But if she's happy....

Klovestoshop
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
She had an interesting retort on one of her many social media sites that responded to apparent negative comments about her frequent traveling. She claims all the travel isn't pleasure but to meet with companies/people about future endeavors. And she took the BF because she needed support. She said he sacrificed his job for her so she could take all these meetings. OK, that's a lot of bull. You're meeting with people in Mexico, on private boats, on numerous beaches and in Tennessee? I hardly think so. She's really trying to justify everything, when, in reality, she doesn't have to. But, if she wants to retain her minions, she must feel that she does need to do this.

There's a new selfie on Facebook. I've got to say, in this photo, her head looks waYYY y too big for her body.

LipLiner
05-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Lisa is such a sad soul. She is footing the bill for this losers travel expenses, hotel stays at 5 star hotels in NYC and $100 fish entree for him at a fancy NYC restaurant. He is 38 yrs old and does not give a rip about her 50 yr old ass! He is using her and she is too stupid to figure that out. Just for being so stupid, I hope he financially fucks her over good! Hope they get married WITHOUT a prenupt. Then maybe instead of buying Louis Vuitton cross body handbags, Ray Bans, Cartier watches....she will have to shop at Walmart or heaven forbid the GOODWILL STORE! I truly think she messed in her nest leaving QVC. "Celebrity"....really? Many comments on the DM story were from people asking who she is. No one outside QVC has heard of her. And people think she has a publicist? Seriously? "Many celebrities have publisists." NEWS FLASH: She is NOT a celebrity!!!

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-03-2015, 03:27 PM
She may be a "sad soul", but not nearly as sad as people who have nothing better to do than facebook stalk someone they dislike. TBH, she probably has a good laugh at the people who profess to hate her, yet follow her more closely than her actual fans. It is pretty hilarious to watch.

Let's look at some of her latest brazen posts:

Garden photo. (I did this a couple of days ago too, so I guess I'm as brazen as she is! OHNOES!)

Dinner Out. (Recently I posted a pic of home made ice cream.)

Visit with family. (I'm also guilty of this.)

I guess i deserve to have facebook stalkers too since such utterly ordinary posts are worthy of attempted snark these days. (I say attempted because it's just impossible to actually snark such plebeian posts.)

Honestly no one can seem to explain the hate-on some of you have for her. What is it. Did she steal your boyfriend? It sounds like a case of the green-eyed monster, tbh. She does have a glamorous life, and it does make sense to be jealous of that. And wouldn't we all love to be able to just tell our boss to shove it and have the resources to keep living that glam life?

AustinTX
05-03-2015, 05:34 PM
I seriously doubt any of the women who post here are jealous of the caricature of a person the narcissistic Lisa Robertson has become. Those of us who have witnessed the de-volution (is that a word?) of her persona over the years find her snarkable and at times pathetic. If any of us acted like her in our real lives, there would be need for friends and family to have an intervention.

With the Michael Jackson nose and the tattooed lip liner, fake lashes, the repetitive "monied" and "amazing" adverbs to describe the crap she's selling on TV, she has become more and more annoying and unwatchable. It's an interesting from a psychological standpoint that a woman could become that enamoured of herself to think that she could have a career outside of home shopping networks and be such an attention whore that she posts all those pics of her life and movements and then cries about stalkers.

That's my perspective, anyway!

LipLiner
05-03-2015, 07:32 PM
I agree, Austin! She moans about being afraid in her own home. She's scared the stalkers will get her. Oh please....she probably enjoys the attention even from stalkers. And she once posted a pic of a pile of paperwork she had on her kitchen island and there, as plain as day, you could see a piece of her mail with her address on it. Smart....very smart, Lisa. I guess she doesn't have to worry as much now that she has the low life, tatted, gym rat boyfriend. I'm sure he can protect her. And she takes this Loser to her business meeting?!?! If I were her and working with investors, I do believe I would take my attorney instead of this Gym Rat Boy Toy. What the hell does he know? He's 38 yrs old with a failed marriage, 2 kids and a bankruptcy to his credit! And the article said he previously worked in finance! Yeah, that's exactly who she needs to be taking to these high powered business meetings. And why is she even bothering with all these business meetings. We all know that the previous hosts that have left QVC have not done squat after having left the Q. That is with the exception of Mike Rowe. And to me he's not what I call successful. He rolls around in pig shit and other nasty jobs. In my book, that is far from successful. Lisa will be lucky to get an infomercial deal selling some crap product that is "amazing, amazing."

EmilyNewhart
05-03-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm in amazement at her odd choices in life. Suddenly quitting a dream job with no apparent back up, her clothing, make up, hair, and now men. She lived like a nun,saved her money, only took cultural trips around the world and now she's dating this goofy toothed guy with a whole lot of baggage and the excess lifestyle that we all know is being financed by her. People will say nothing wrong with a woman paying the way, I disagree. If my mom or any other female member of my family was behaving like this I would be extremely alalrmed. You know this guy's kids can't be happy about their father being absent and away with her. She's a beautiful lady and could do so much better, he's common, and his tattoos are so 2005. I'm glad she posts on FB it's quite entertaining.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-04-2015, 12:46 AM
I'm in amazement at her odd choices in life. Suddenly quitting a dream job with no apparent back up, her clothing, make up, hair, and now men. She lived like a nun,saved her money, only took cultural trips around the world and now she's dating this goofy toothed guy with a whole lot of baggage and the excess lifestyle that we all know is being financed by her. People will say nothing wrong with a woman paying the way, I disagree. If my mom or any other female member of my family was behaving like this I would be extremely alalrmed. You know this guy's kids can't be happy about their father being absent and away with her. She's a beautiful lady and could do so much better, he's common, and his tattoos are so 2005. I'm glad she posts on FB it's quite entertaining.

I think it's pretty cool to be able to basically retire with about half your life left to knock about the world doing what you want. And that I think is the crux of the nub. People can't stand that someone they dislike is having a great life.

Do join us here in the 21st century where, yes, it IS ok to be a woman in charge and paying your way, and paying for your sex toy. It's nice here! Maybe she could do better, or maybe, just maybe she knows who and what attracts her more than we do. I agree it IS hilarious watching people tie themselves in knots and eat their own livers in envy. I don't get it, but I damn sure enjoy watching it. :D

LipLiner
05-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Retirement is very cool! I retired when I was 48 yrs old and I've never regretted it for a single second. Now I travel and enjoy life. However, when I stepped out the door this morning I had no urge to do a FB post....Shoes: Jimmy Choo Handbag: Prada. Sunglasses: Versace. Jeans: True Religion. The reason being.....I am NOT a show off like Lisa! I realize no one gives a fuck what I am wearing and I do not want to look like an idiot. But it is much fun watching her look like an idiot. She does it so well.

EmilyNewhart
05-04-2015, 03:57 PM
I hope Lisa hasn't retired. For years many of us snarked and dished on her but for the most part she was on top of her game. I think all the travels to NYC and Florida lead me to suspect she might bring a line to HSN, would love to see her on with Colleen Lopez.

caminlaca
05-04-2015, 04:13 PM
suspect she might bring a line to HSN, would love to see her on with Colleen Lopez

No, no, please, no.

EmilyNewhart
05-04-2015, 04:20 PM
No, no, please, no.

Can you imagine the fodder we'd get from that?

caminlaca
05-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Can you imagine the fodder we'd get from that?

Problem is, I like Colleen. Would like to continue watching her. Just don't see the two 'divas' sharing the stage. Especially as I don't see LR stepping out of the role of host to be 'just' an OAP.

AustinTX
05-04-2015, 05:39 PM
It makes sense that Lisa would try another shopping channel since that's the only world she's known in. She's not very stylish IMHO. Remember the wide leg cream-colored pants she wore every night on air and the too-tight jackets and flipped collars? The clunky shoes she can barely walk in and tottering in stilettos? Self tanner gunked up in fingernails and skin creases?
These are looks anyone in their right mind would aspire to. Then there's the habit of starting sentences with "ummmm" and the repetitive adjectives and Madison Ave comparisons.
Colleen is articulate, classy and well-groomed and age-appropriate and it would be a hoot to have a side by side comparison of the two of them.

LipLiner
05-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Colleen Lopez has way more style and class than Lisa Robertson. Colleen is the definition of class. Lisa would never work for HSN because everyone there knows Colleen is the top diva....and by "diva" I mean that in a good way. Not the "diva wanna be" aka Lisa Robertson. Colleen can do an entire presentation without mentioning Madison Avenue, the Hamptons, ladies who lunch. She can also do an entire presentation without using double words over and over....AMAZING, AMAZING (Lisa's favorite.) Colleen wears beautiful clothes very well while Lisa hobbles around in her clunky wedge shoes, the Gumby pants, fake hair, fake spider eye lashes, fake tan, fake fingernails that need filling. You will never hear Colleen make any self depricating remarks just to get attention. Colleen never boasts/posts on FB that she is wearing Ray Bans and an LV bag. Colleen is drop dead gorgeous without even trying. There is no way fake Lisa Robertson can come close to Colleen. If Lisa had a brain cell in her big head, she would go back to QVC and blow whoever she needs to in order to get her job back.

AustinTX
05-04-2015, 09:35 PM
My previous post should have said "these are not looks anyone in their right mind would aspire to".

LipLiner, I totally agree with what you have written.

Honey
05-05-2015, 10:49 AM
She may be a "sad soul", but not nearly as sad as people who have nothing better to do than facebook stalk someone they dislike. TBH, she probably has a good laugh at the people who profess to hate her, yet follow her more closely than her actual fans. It is pretty hilarious to watch.

Let's look at some of her latest brazen posts:

Garden photo. (I did this a couple of days ago too, so I guess I'm as brazen as she is! OHNOES!)

Dinner Out. (Recently I posted a pic of home made ice cream.)

Visit with family. (I'm also guilty of this.)

I guess i deserve to have facebook stalkers too since such utterly ordinary posts are worthy of attempted snark these days. (I say attempted because it's just impossible to actually snark such plebeian posts.)

Honestly no one can seem to explain the hate-on some of you have for her. What is it. Did she steal your boyfriend? It sounds like a case of the green-eyed monster, tbh. She does have a glamorous life, and it does make sense to be jealous of that. And wouldn't we all love to be able to just tell our boss to shove it and have the resources to keep living that glam life?

I was never a Lisa hater, nor a huge fan. I agree that I can't see where the animosity is coming from. That being said, most of the posters in this thread came from a board where one negative comment could get you banned.

That's why I created this thread, so that everyone could post without fear. :)

LipLiner
05-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Honey....thanks for creating this board. And yes, I have been kicked off the other board twice. So I never bother with it anymore. I realize not everyone dislikes Lisa like I do. Some other posters don't like Shawn or Sharon or the Dan's. None of the other hosts get under my skin like Lisa does. It's nice to have a place for all of us to post our dislikes without being muzzled.

Honey
05-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Honey....thanks for creating this board. And yes, I have been kicked off the other board twice. So I never bother with it anymore. I realize not everyone dislikes Lisa like I do. Some other posters don't like Shawn or Sharon or the Dan's. None of the other hosts get under my skin like Lisa does. It's nice to have a place for all of us to post our dislikes without being muzzled.

Heh, I wish I had created this board. ;)

You're welcome for thread though, lipLiner. I enjoy your posts.

EmilyNewhart
05-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Honey I haven't seen you over at the other place lately, it's quiet over there. I appreciate this thread too. I'm noLisa hater but I think she made a huge mistake quitting QVC and I like to be able to talk about it without getting kicked off for it. Now Kerstin that's a sullen host I can't stand, don't know how she has last this long.

Honey
05-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Honey I haven't seen you over at the other place lately, it's quiet over there. I appreciate this thread too. I'm noLisa hater but I think she made a huge mistake quitting QVC and I like to be able to talk about it without getting kicked off for it. Now Kerstin that's a sullen host I can't stand, don't know how she has last this long.

I don't post to the shopping forum there anymore. I stick to the ones that still have some spirit left.

Kerstin (Droopy Dog) is one I do not like.

stillownedbysetters
05-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I got an email from the Q the other day, promising lots of changes in the upcoming year that "you will love". I wonder if that is just marketing mumbo jumbo, or if they finally do actually have some changes in the works.

Did anyone else get that email? And if so, what's your opinion?

Coffeecup
05-06-2015, 05:17 PM
I got an email from the Q the other day, promising lots of changes in the upcoming year that "you will love". I wonder if that is just marketing mumbo jumbo, or if they finally do actually have some changes in the works.

Did anyone else get that email? And if so, what's your opinion?

I haven't received an e-mail about the changes. I did get a "Welcome back" e-mail from them with my order last week, because it had been so long since I bought anything from them! LOL, it must have been at least a year. But last month they had a really good clearance price on a ring I liked, about 42% off, so I ordered it. Q doesn't usually have such good markdowns.

They've changed the Q website, effed it up in my opinion. Looks like they were trying to optimize it for mobile devices. (HSN screwed up their site with mobile optimization too, and theirs is even harder to tolerate than Q -- everything is so gigantic you have to zoom your screen way down, and it's full of jerky moving images.) I hate that because I visit the Q site on a desktop. You have to click on "Shop QVC TV" in the upper right corner of the home page to go to a screen with things we're used to, like Items Recently Aired.

I remember getting very frustrated with the Q site some time back when I suddenly couldn't find where to click to go to the forums. (QVC Community.) Finally I saw they'd moved it to the very bottom of the homepage screen, down where the About Us and similar links are located. Since many thousands of people read that forum every day, you'd think Q would have kept the link on the top banner.

stillownedbysetters
05-06-2015, 07:10 PM
That website truly IS a disaster. I'm not sure what they were thinking to put everything people use regularly out of sight. I guess more room for enormous pictures of SK in her black and white dress. :smack:

caminlaca
05-07-2015, 02:04 PM
A couple of us were commenting on Callie, upthread. Just flipped by HSN to see her in plunging neckline, showing lots o' cleavage (she's not that well endowed). Wow. Not a look I recall ever seeing on her before. :(

Cheesehead
05-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Hey all! Been away for awhile as I tend to forget the name of this website if I don't keep it open. And, since my iPad seems to get gunked up every few weeks, I have to reset it fairly often.

It's kind of quiet here, so I do post on the Other Site and so far have kept out of webbie's ire.

Not an original thought, but is it possible this boyfriend of Lisa's is actually a bodyguard?

And is everyone ecstatic about the return of Lisa Mason??? I like her, but I thought she began to "use" the audience to sell her book towards the end of her previous tenure. I hope her husband is doing ok.

I can't watch Kirstin either.

Gingersmama
05-08-2015, 05:14 PM
What boyfriend / bodyguard? Sounds like the dynamic duo is done. That sure didn't last long.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-08-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm seriously jonesing for the TSV on HSN. I love OPI products and the colors of the polishes are so good, plus the extras that come with it. It's a fantastic bargain.

EmilyNewhart
05-08-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm seriously jonesing for the TSV on HSN. I love OPI products and the colors of the polishes are so good, plus the extras that come with it. It's a fantastic bargain.

I'm tempted too, free shipping and all. Might have just to go for it .

Okay, just looked and it's sold out.,oh well just saved myself some money ha ha.

LipLiner
05-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Poor Jill. She's trying to do her You're Honey With Jill. She must have a cold. She coughing and hacking, snorting and snorting. She had to take a break to get something to drink but it hasn't helped. It almost sounds like she's crying. I see Albany has taken over.

caminlaca
05-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Callie seems to be MIA of late. She did couple weeks in Feb(?) in HI, was recently off for 10 days, or so, to come to SoCal and hike, etc. Returned and did a couple three shows. Her current schedule only has one quick show in the next couple weeks as compared to her fellow hosts being jam-packed (except for Leslie Ann, whom, I believe is on maternity leave?). Yet to see the new hosts in training...one, an HSN model.

Coffeecup
05-10-2015, 01:35 PM
What boyfriend / bodyguard? Sounds like the dynamic duo is done. That sure didn't last long.

Did they break up? I looked on her FB age and noticed she hasn't posted about him for the past few days. But she did post this on May 1:

"I know there has been a lot of speculation about all my travel lately. It has actually been to meet with different groups about different projects, (if they would like to pay for me to travel to meet them, I am fine with that!) Meeting with companies and investors by myself was a lot to handle. I asked Eric if he would go with me. It was a lot of time away from his work but he agreed. He thought there should be one person there who had only my best interests at heart. If you have someone in your life who is willing to help you at great expense to themselves you are a lucky person. I am lucky, (and grateful). It really is overwhelming when it is just me and these are big decisions that take time!"

So she's saying that all these trips have been job-hunting excursions. Well, she must be looking for a job in New York, because she has lots of posts and photos about her trip there last week. She posted photos of herself visiting with various QVC vendors, but the boyfriend is not in any of the pics.

She's been meeting with companies, and investors too? Hmmm, investors. Wonder if she wants to start her own business and is looking for funding

Today she posted a very nice tribute to her late mother for Mother's Day. She included a photo of her mom as a young woman; looks like a high school yearbook picture.

stillownedbysetters
05-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Little fail on Friday night's gold show. One of the models, an elegant brunette, was modeling several of the pieces up close to the camera. The camera panned down to an Oro Nuovo ring she had on her index finger. She moved her hand and the ring slid up her finger just a bit. You could see the black smudge it had left on her finger. Someone must have cued her in, because she quickly curled her fingers under her hand, with only the bracelet she was wearing still showing. Gotta love live tv!

To her credit, she handled it seamlessly.

Gingersmama
05-10-2015, 05:08 PM
My take on that May 1 post is she was back peddling. Over the past few months she referred to Eric as her boyfriend. It seems things fell apart either when she went to visit her sisters or when she returned from that visit. A few days ago she posted something about "it's not your mistakes that define you .... ". Not sure who pulled the plug but it seems to have ended abruptly.

AuntCarol
05-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Well, it looks like all the pictures of the boyfriend are gone from Lisa'a FB page. Kinda sad. I'd hate a public breakup like that. Ug. Wonder who dumped who. I think he did.

Jaded
05-10-2015, 05:58 PM
It would be annoying to have a relation documented like their supposed one was for her fans. Posting when they went out of town, where they were going when going out. Having a whole bunch of people from her fan page asking to be friends with him on Facebook because he doesn't seem to have a business page and then those fans would post about their relationship to him. If he was with her for her being herself or with her for the benefits the prying eyes might have gotten to him.

caminlaca
05-10-2015, 05:58 PM
The downside of being soooo public about one's personal life. And if, by any stretch, LR was trying to send a message she had male companionship to ward off unsavory types, the 'announcement' (even if just inferred) that he's out of the picture advertises that that male presence is no longer there.

Jaded
05-10-2015, 06:11 PM
There are still pics of Eric in the photo section of her FB page. I just looked and saw them. The last one being when they were at Mark Zunino Couture and all the commenters thought they were there for a wedding dress. So they may have split or are taking things more private. Then again at the beginning of May she tried to make it sound like he was just a friend.

AuntCarol
05-10-2015, 06:18 PM
He still has pictures up on his FB page. Maybe she broke up with him. Or maybe she is just trying to look like she's cooling it since everybody is asking so many questions about it. Especially last week after she explained how and why he goes with her on all the trips. I don't think she needed to explain. It's none of our business IMHO. TMI and all that.
And...why do I care?? :)

Gingersmama
05-10-2015, 06:28 PM
I've read enough to believe they are done. I got the impression he screwed up and she dumped him. I certainly hope he wasn't one of her reasons for leaving the Q.

LipLiner
05-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Yep, that May-Dec. romance must be over. You can tell by what she has been posting on FB. And one day she had to take a break from social media for the day. And no trips. Geez....I think it's been 2 weeks since she went to S.C. to see her sister and the last time she was on a plane. I'm sure 38 yr old Boy Toy gets to see some major tits and ass action from 20 somethings at the gym. Lisa is so insecure that she would probably punch him in the nuts for looking at another woman. And for the life of me I cannot picture Lisa with her legs spread eagle in the air "hooking up/making love/having sex" with anyone. She would be worried her extensions will fall out, her fake eyelashes would go flying off, her fake fingernails would get in the way of giving him a blow job. And Lisa needs a mirror to look at while she is f'ing him. I just can't see her getting it on with anyone but herself.

AustinTX
05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Could it be that Eric got tired of her narcissism and high-maintenance beauty rituals? Maybe he was humiliated by the article about his past. I bet he had no idea that someone would be digging into his personal history for a story about a non-celebrity washed up former TV salesperson.

It would be "amazing" if she could use her financial assets and all the spare time she now has to volunteer in the community and find out what real life is like for less fortunate. It's just sickening to see someone as self-absorbed and needy of attention who doesn't really make a positive difference in the world. Her mother may have been wonderful, but apparently she just taught her think more for what she could do for herself rather than to contribute to society.

Gingersmama
05-12-2015, 09:39 AM
The demise of the dynamic duo could have been anything, but one thing I do know is it seemed very sudden. They seemed to be spending all of their time together and traveling non-stop ... then all of a sudden it stop and posts of/about him stopped. Did he get caught cheating on her? Was she too high maintenance? Was it his financial info being publicized that sent him running? Who knows?? ....

Coffeecup
05-12-2015, 01:08 PM
I don't know what happened with Lisa and Eric, but I think he would have been very embarrassed about all the stuff Daily Mail said about him in the article. So either they broke up, or they mutually decided she would stop mentioning him in order to keep the tabloids off his back.

Back to a shopping topic: I was watching the Michael Anthony jewelry show on HSN last night, and I was struck by the contrast between the way he and HSN present religious-themed jewelry and the way the Williams sisters on JTV do it.

Michael has sold jewelry on HSN for 22 years, and I've been watching his shows for over 10 years. (Bought a lot of his gold items back when they were affordable.) He has a line of religious-themed jewelry, and it's really religious, not just crosses but also rosaries, etc. He has many items specific to the Catholic faith. Neither he nor any of the HSN hosts who do his shows have ever come across as being preachy or trying to act like Christianity is the best religion. I have never felt aggravated or wanted to change the channel. (Now, the ladies who call in to his show do get all gushy and preachy, but awful customer calls are another topic, lol.) Last night he was selling a ring with the Lord's Prayer engraved on it, and a bracelet with Ten Commandments charms. He read the whole prayer and each of the commandments, and still came across as quiet and professional, not preachy.

In contrast, the JTV Williams sisters come across as evangelical, and they can get really obnoxious, pushing Christianity while selling that silver prayer box pendant (I am SO tired of seeing that thing!) and cross jewelry. They start telling viewers personal stories about their religious experiences, tell them to go to their FB pages and ask them questions about "Our Lord," stuff like that. It gets offensive. I even complained to JTV once in a survey, but I never heard anything back from them and the Williams sister are just as preachy as ever.

On QVC, Shawn really pushes the religious angle with her "hear my soul speak" jewelry crap, but otherwise the QVC hosts don't get preachy when selling religious-themed jewelry. Shawn seems to be an attention seeker who will blurt out any old BS on air. She's a one-woman blooper reel.

LipLiner
05-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Hmmm.....no FB posts by Lisa today. She did post one saying how it took her 4 hours instead of the usual 2 hours to get to NYC. But she deleted it very soon after she posted it. I wonder what's going on?!?!

AustinTX
05-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Oh my! Her tribe of minions will be frantic soon if she doesn't post anything.
She could have at least given condolences to the families of the train passengers who passed away.

LipLiner
05-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Lisa had better post on FB today. Her tribe is getting restless. It is really pathetic that she has to post at least 3 times a day so she can keep her legion of fans happy. She desperately needs her tribe so when she finally gets a job she will have people to buy the crap she will be selling.

Coffeecup
05-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Lisa had better post on FB today. Her tribe is getting restless. It is really pathetic that she has to post at least 3 times a day so she can keep her legion of fans happy. She desperately needs her tribe so when she finally gets a job she will have people to buy the crap she will be selling.

She did -- she's posted twice in the past four hours. She's driving somewhere, and two hours ago she posted a picture of a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew, captioned "How do you stay awake when you drive?" The weird thing is that 376 people "liked" that post! Good grief. Do they work for Mountain Dew or something? :dubious:

Coffeecup
05-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Well, I love JTV, but they really ticked me off today. I turned them on at noon just to see what was for sale today. Dawn Tesh was hosting a loose gemstone show, "Exclusively Gemstones, Featuring Sapphire," and she said they were going to have Kashmir sapphires. That caught my interest because I had just read a news article about a 35-carat Kashmir sapphire ring that sold for $7.5 million at a Christie's auction. The buyer was an unidentified Asian man. (Hmm.. maybe all that stuff JTV keeps telling us about the Chinese buying all the best gemstones is true!)

Article with photo about the ring. It's fabulous.
http://huffingtonpost.in/2015/05/14/kashmir-sapphire-ring-chr_n_7280580.html

True Kashmir sapphires are very expensive. A large faceted stone can cost as much as $45,000 to $65,000 per carat due to their rarity and beauty. The color is so vivid that people love them more than other blue sapphires. Article about the stones from Modern Jeweler:
http://modernjeweler.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=509&pageNum=1

Anyway, back to JTV. Dawn gave the show an incredible buildup before showing any stones. She told a long story about how the JTV buyers had found an elderly gem dealer in Asia who had a few Kashmir sapphires for sale. These sapphires, found in India in the northwest Himalayas area, were mined out many years ago, so there are no new stones available. She even had one of the JTV buyers, Jay Boyle, live on the phone from Sri Lanka where he was on a gem procurement trip, and he was gushing about the Kashmir sapphires and what a great, unique deal this was.

So now I'm really excited. JTV sells some very high quality stones, some costing over $100,000, and I wanted to see these magnificent Kashmir stones. Then Dawn started showing the stones... and they were all just ROUGH MINERAL SPECIMENS! Well, shit! Just little dark blue pebble things, priced around $25 to $160. Jay Boyle raved about these specimens, but he did try to cover JTV's ass: "You can't cut these specimens and expect to get a $100,000 stone."

I was so disappointed. I couldn't have afforded a faceted Kashmir sapphire, but I wanted to see them. I love the JTV loose stone shows... just not this one!

Gingersmama
05-14-2015, 09:56 PM
She did -- she's posted twice in the past four hours. She's driving somewhere, and two hours ago she posted a picture of a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew, captioned "How do you stay awake when you drive?" The weird thing is that 376 people "liked" that post! Good grief. Do they work for Mountain Dew or something? :dubious:

Sounds like Lisa and Eric are having a pissing contest. She posts about having great friends who just show up at your door to take u to dinner. Twenty minutes later he posts about eating kangaroo at some (different) restaurant. Your turn, Lisa ....

Honey
05-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Sounds like Lisa and Eric are having a pissing contest. She posts about having great friends who just show up at your door to take u to dinner. Twenty minutes later he posts about eating kangaroo at some (different) restaurant. Your turn, Lisa ....

Kangaroo? The hell? Is he Crocodile Dundee or something?

Gingersmama
05-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Interesting video Lisa just posted. Wonder who or what makes her relate to that?

LipLiner
05-16-2015, 01:29 AM
Lisa's been shopping to ease the pain of being dumped by Eric. She bought a huge, ugly Moroccan mirror for her powder room. Unfortunately the finish on the frame is light bronze and her faucet is silver stainless steel. And the door knob is a dark finish. Yeah, way to go Designer Lisa. She said she re did her powder room 2 yrs ago but never bought a mirror. She couldn't find one she liked. Sure, Lisa! She didn't want her guest to check themselves in the mirror because they might be prettier than her. Then she bought her a pair of 6" wedge shoes by Steve Madden from Nordstrom's. Must be nice to have money to ease the pain of being dumped. Sure beats sitting around eating a half gallon of ice cream.

Gingersmama
05-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Lisa's been shopping to ease the pain of being dumped by Eric. She bought a huge, ugly Moroccan mirror for her powder room. Unfortunately the finish on the frame is light bronze and her faucet is silver stainless steel. And the door knob is a dark finish. Yeah, way to go Designer Lisa. She said she re did her powder room 2 yrs ago but never bought a mirror. She couldn't find one she liked. Sure, Lisa! She didn't want her guest to check themselves in the mirror because they might be prettier than her. Then she bought her a pair of 6" wedge shoes by Steve Madden from Nordstrom's. Must be nice to have money to ease the pain of being dumped. Sure beats sitting around eating a half gallon of ice cream.

Diet Mountain Dew is her substitution for the half gallon of ice cream.

AustinTX
05-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Just had a look at her FB. She's at a horse race today with Alberti and friends.
Her face color actually matches her body, which is a first, but if you zoom in on any of her pics, you can see the brown lip liner. Disgusting! I see her friend Karen also has weird messed up upper lip that looks swollen and liner where the Cupid's bow dip should be.

I bet she looks real classy stomping around in those Frankenstein Steve Madden clodhoppers.

Oh, and Lisa! Don't complain of insomnia after posting pics of your favorite drink, Mountain Dew!

Gingersmama
05-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Just had a look at her FB. She's at a horse race today with Alberti and friends.
Her face color actually matches her body, which is a first, but if you zoom in on any of her pics, you can see the brown lip liner. Disgusting! I see her friend Karen also has weird messed up upper lip that looks swollen and liner where the Cupid's bow dip should be.

I bet she looks real classy stomping around in those Frankenstein Steve Madden clodhoppers.

Oh, and Lisa! Don't complain of insomnia after posting pics of your favorite drink, Mountain Dew!

😳 I never noticed the brown lip liner before but zoomed in to check it out. Not a good look. I hit something by accident on computer and the Steve Madden wedge came up in zoom-in mode ... Yikes ... She didn't do a very good job blending her tanner.

Klovestoshop
05-16-2015, 07:59 PM
What is it with her and her shilling for labels? Is she being paid to promote Lauren and Vuitton? BTW, that LV bag is $3400

Gingersmama
05-16-2015, 09:48 PM
What is it with her and her shilling for labels? Is she being paid to promote Lauren and Vuitton? BTW, that LV bag is $3400

It's probably one of her cheaper bags. In one of her pics I saw a LV cosmetic case which looked bigger than the bag she was carrying today.

caminlaca
05-16-2015, 09:55 PM
What must LR fans think? Not sporting a GILI bag! Having read that MBR and Rick recently returned from helping set up QVC France/Paris, Shawn must be in a snit given all her Paris mentions, her brother and family living there, etc. If Shawn had gone, QVC could've saved on hotel expenses as surely SS would've stayed at her brother's 'maison.'

Klovestoshop
05-17-2015, 12:40 AM
Gingersmama, the LV cosmetic bag is $2760. And to think she uses that to store her Philosophy lotions. Isn't that what we all do? Haha.

Gingersmama
05-17-2015, 06:36 AM
Gingersmama, the LV cosmetic bag is $2760. And to think she uses that to store her Philosophy lotions. Isn't that what we all do? Haha.

Does LV also make toilet paper? No way can she be using store-bought Charmin.

LipLiner
05-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Lisa has posted pictures of Talenti gelato over and over. Same with her roasted vegetables and Mountain Dew. She really needs to up her game or she is going to lose her fan base. She should go ahead and lower herself to doing an infomercial. She will end up doing it eventually so why not go ahead and get started. Oh yeah....I forgot....she's too good to do infomercials. She needs to do something with all the shopping she has been doing. Buying $3000 LV handbags.....she is pissing away her money fast!

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-18-2015, 02:00 PM
OMG y'all, Lisa Robertson GOT A WEIGHT RACK!!!!! OMG HOW DARE SHE?!?!?!

Who does she think she is spending her own money on things for her own house!?!?

AustinTX
05-18-2015, 05:33 PM
That's so kind of her to post the pic of the weight rack! Now her tribe can find out the brand and go get one for themselves so they can live a moneyed, Hamptons, Madison Avenue amazing amazing life!

Gingersmama
05-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Maybe she set up the home gym so she wouldn't have to go to Eric's gym

LipLiner
05-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Sad to hear Mally's company has filed for bankruptcy. I guess she is NOT bullet proof!

Coffeecup
05-20-2015, 01:53 AM
Watching JTV tonight and heard yet another annoying thing from host Heidi Williams. I was already aggravated with her and her sister Wendy for being preachy on air about Christianity, instead of just doing their jobs and selling the jewelry.

Tonight Heidi got off on a tangent about patriotism while selling a piece of jewelry with an American eagle design. She said the United States is such a great place, she's so happy to be living here, and "I may not agree with the current government, but..." America is great, etc.

Oh, please! I'm as patriotic as the next person, but the shopping channel is NOT the place for hosts to talk about their political preferences, any more than it's the place to promote their religion. I would rather hear hosts blather all day about how some product is "amazing, amazing" than hear them inject their political and religious views into the sales pitch.

Having said that, whatever the Williams sisters said that got on my nerves, it would not stop me from buying whatever jewelry they were selling if I liked the item. I would just enjoy the shows so much more if they stayed on topic, and kept their personal viewpoints private on sensitive topics.

Well, to be fair, Shawn on QVC blurts out her personal beliefs about everything under the sun (often in a pretty crude way) and she seems to be quite successful, so maybe the Williams sisters feel they can do the same thing on JTV. QVC is the big dog in the shopping channel world, thus they and their hosts (however narcisstic or goofy they may be) are influential.

Following that thought, I think QVC, HSN, JTV and Evine all monitor each other. You have to know what the competition is doing. For example, I think QVC started offering Easy Pay on many more items than they used to because they saw HSN and ShopNBC/ShopHQ/Evine offering extended payments on so many items. JTV was the straggler, offering Stretch Pay after they saw that the other three networks doing it extensively. (I don't have any evidence of their motivation -- just my opinion.)

IvoryTowerDenizen
05-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Note, the purpose of this thread is for Shopping channel snark. If you think the topic is a foolish one, don't participate in the thread. Otherwise, posts like this are threadshitting.

No warning issued.

OMG y'all, Lisa Robertson GOT A WEIGHT RACK!!!!! OMG HOW DARE SHE?!?!?!

Who does she think she is spending her own money on things for her own house!?!?

Gingersmama
05-22-2015, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=IvoryTowerDenizen;18381261]Note, the purpose of this thread is for Shopping channel snark. If you think the topic is a foolish one, don't participate in the thread. Otherwise, posts like this are threadshitting.

No warning issued.[/QUOT

I don't understand. We can't talk about hosts and ex-hosts???

AustinTX
05-22-2015, 12:42 PM
It looks like the Mod was telling Phedre not to post statements mocking the snarking ones, since snarking is the sole purpose of this thread. It is ok and welcomed to snark the hosts and former hosts!

stillownedbysetters
05-22-2015, 02:05 PM
I agree with Austin. Phedre was mocking us for snarking at them, and that's not in the spirit of the board, so Phedre was kindly warned.

Thanks, mod, I appreciate it.

IvoryTowerDenizen
05-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the boards, Gingersmama!

AustinTx is correct. I was asking the poster not to make fun of the fact that someone was snarking on the shopping channel host. Since that's one of the purposes of the thread, commenting on how silly it is can be seen as threadshitting.

If you ever have a question about moderation or a specific post click on the little red triangle to report the post, PM the mods for that forum, or start a thread in ATMB and we'll help you best we can.

Snark away!

It looks like the Mod was telling Phedre not to post statements mocking the snarking ones, since snarking is the sole purpose of this thread. It is ok and welcomed to snark the hosts and former hosts!

Coffeecup
05-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the boards, Gingersmama!

AustinTx is correct. I was asking the poster not to make fun of the fact that someone was snarking on the shopping channel host. Since that's one of the purposes of the thread, commenting on how silly it is can be seen as threadshitting.

If you ever have a question about moderation or a specific post click on the little red triangle to report the post, PM the mods for that forum, or start a thread in ATMB and we'll help you best we can.

Snark away!

Thanks for the clarification, IvoryTowerDenzien. I'm very glad this thread is available for us to snark on. And thanks again to Honey for starting the thread.

Honey
05-24-2015, 12:32 PM

Hi Gingersmama.

Did you come here from the "other" board? If that's the case, I can understand your confusion about what we can and cannot talk about. Since at the other place you could be banned for talking about ex-hosts. This place is completely different. You are free to discuss hosts and ex-hosts here. Enjoy your stay. :)

LipLiner
05-26-2015, 03:01 PM
So Lisa went to Charleston, SC to visit her sister over the long weekend and Eric was playing golf in South FL.....interesting. Yep, he dumped her. I'm convinced of it. And she is trying to mend her broken heart by purchasing $3,000 Louis Vuitton handbags.

Coffeecup
05-26-2015, 03:55 PM
So Lisa went to Charleston, SC to visit her sister over the long weekend and Eric was playing golf in South FL.....interesting. Yep, he dumped her. I'm convinced of it. And she is trying to mend her broken heart by purchasing $3,000 Louis Vuitton handbags.

Well, of course she is! That's "retail therapy."
/sarcasm

stillownedbysetters
05-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Shoot, I could have put up with an awful lot of bad behavior from the last guy I dated if there were a $3,000 handbag in it for me. lol :D

caminlaca
05-26-2015, 04:58 PM
LR certainly has racked up the frequent flyer miles. Assuming some of her jaunts are spur-of-the-moment (zipping off to visit sis)...and not booked well in advance...the tickets have to cost a bit. But, in the big picture, perhaps not when carrying designer bag, sporting fancy duds. I have to watch every penny so not a lifestyle to which I relate. BFF, who's a HUGE LR fan, hasn't mentioned her lately. For a while she was all about wondering where LR would show up again.

Will have to check out Antonella when she hosts from Padua in June.

govgirl
05-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Since we're allowed to talk about former hosts here, I'm curious if anyone has seen or heard any updates on Patti Reilly? It's like she fell off the face of the Earth. I know she did a couple of infomercials, but those have got to be several years old at this point.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Does Thawn even *own* a mirror? How can she not see that she looks like a freaking Oompa Loompa. It's like she jumped into a vat of orange! How did this dimwit get put on Tuesday Night Beauty? They'll have to start calling it Tuesday Night Slobby or something.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Oh no, Thawn went swimming (http://wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsG/48549-21386.jpg) and didn't rinse the chlorine out of her bottle blonde straw.

LipLiner
05-27-2015, 01:10 AM
I thought it was very inappropriate for Stupid Shawn to talk about her family's ailments (sister in laws mastectomy, sil's mothers cancer and a friend's mastectomy) Monday night while selling her her Hear My Soul Speak crappola jewelry. I've had breast cancer/double mastectomy with reconstruction and I would be highly pissed if someone got on a lousy shopping channel using my medical issues to sell her wares. Shawn should have been fired a long time ago. But she continued onward even getting the PMS gig. She must be blowing CEO, Mike George.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-27-2015, 01:51 PM
ITA. Blowing her boss is the only explanation.

LipLiner
05-28-2015, 09:48 AM
Well Lisa R. is off on ANOTHER trip. She loves to post that she "has an early flight" or "she's at the airport" but she never tells where she is going. She loves for it to be a guessing game and her minions play along. Sad. And this morning she forgot to bring her LV case that she keeps her skin care in. She says she will be finding a Sephora when she lands. Surely she could go a few days without all those lotions and potions. Thank goodness she didn't leave her makeup bag! What a crisis that would be!!!

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-28-2015, 02:17 PM
I can't imagine taking even an overnight trip without moisturizer. And lip balm.

Ok, let's be real. I neeeeeeeed my makeup case, LOL. (Also, I keep my toothbrush, toothpaste, cleanser and anti-antiperspirant in there.) That hotel soap is always so freaking harsh on my skin!

AustinTX
05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
what a tragedy! I have done that before and gotten by with trial sizes of cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer from the drugstore instead of buying full sizes of expensive products. i seriously doubt her skin will age much in a couple days without her 25 product regimen. It would do her skin a favor to get out from under all those layers of goop and get some air for what would be the first time in over 40 years.

Coffeecup
05-28-2015, 05:58 PM
I thought it was very inappropriate for Stupid Shawn to talk about her family's ailments (sister in laws mastectomy, sil's mothers cancer and a friend's mastectomy) Monday night while selling her her Hear My Soul Speak crappola jewelry. I've had breast cancer/double mastectomy with reconstruction and I would be highly pissed if someone got on a lousy shopping channel using my medical issues to sell her wares. Shawn should have been fired a long time ago. But she continued onward even getting the PMS gig. She must be blowing CEO, Mike George.

Isn't that disgusting? I think it's horrible of QVC to use sad stories of illnesses to sell that crappy $99 "Hear My Soul Speak" ring. For sure, Shawn is doing some favors for somebody higher up. Also, maybe it's QVC's policy to manipulate customers who are sick or grieving, to get them to spend, spend, spend. Give QVC $99 and they will send you that magic talisman ring that will make you and your loved ones feel all better. :mad:

I saw a tape of Shawn encouraging some poor caller to cry about her mother's stroke and inability to speak. Shawn is acting like she's a one-woman grief support group, complete with her [un-]inspiring slogan "Fake it 'til you make it!" which she kept repeating during that presentation. What is the fool trying to do, audition for a motivational speaking gig?

I wish the shopping channels would just stop the call-ins. Many times the calls are pathetic, and embarrassing for the hosts (except for Shawn, who glories in hearing callers grieve and sob, and actively encourages it). I saw yet another embarrassing call on HSN last night when Helen Keaney and vendor Jay Feingold were selling Xavier jewelry. A woman called and started talking about the bracelet she just ordered because it was so pretty. The woman seemed to be in good spirits, and the call was going well until she suddenly said "I'm at home sick with pneumonia and on oxygen." Um,wait. Helen and Jay looked flustered, and they just said "I'm sorry."

I can see how a person stuck at home, struggling with illness, might enjoy calling a shopping channel and chatting with the hosts about a product. But I can't imagine broadcasting my medical problems on a call like that. You supposedly called to talk about the product, not about your private business. Sometime I think these callers are so lonely they just need to hear some sympathy from somebody, anybody, so they buy something and make the call. It is shitty of QVC and their "star" host Shawn to manipulate vulnerable people like that.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-28-2015, 06:40 PM
I wish the shopping channels would just stop the call-ins.

THIS THIS THIS! I hate them. Everyone just sounds like an ignorant rube anyway. I've never been swayed to buy from one of those stupid callers, but I have been turned off. Ugh ugh ugh.

EmilyNewhart
05-28-2015, 08:19 PM
I DVR'd the Xavier show and heard a caller say her husband died and she was purchasing a ring to wear along with her diamond ring her husband had given her. She also mentioned she has a lot of absolute pieces (CZ jewelry) and recently purchased the Keith Urban guitar. Unhealthy retail therapy. these types of testimonial calls are cringe worthy.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-28-2015, 09:20 PM
I heard a caller last night during the TSV presentation say she'd bought the thing is 4 colors. ~$40 per item that's $160 in ugly shirts. :eek:

LipLiner
05-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Yep, those callers need to go! They seem to ramble on forever and the host is trying to get rid of them then they have "just one more question real quickly." Or sometimes the caller is not talkative at all....just yes or no answers which is awkward. Then you get the ones that have 106 Dooney bags or she had a closet added on to her house just for her Bob Mackie stuff. I cringe when they "go off to the phones."

Cheesehead
05-29-2015, 02:38 PM
Ugh, the callers! I do think many of them are lonely and just want to talk, especially the older callers. The worst ones, IMO, and as someone else mentioned, are the ones who call in and give monosyllabic replies. I'm wondering WHY did you call (or agree to talk on air)????

Sometimes the callers actually turn me off an item. I might be looking at an article of clothing, when "Gladys" calls in (I actually heard two Gladys calls the other day), and I decide "no." Often Gladys sounds about 85 years old -- not that 85 can't be fashionable.

Klovestoshop
05-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Shawn's coming out with a new line called "Hear My Anus Fart". I have no idea how Q Corporate can keep her employed. I guess she still has enough minions who think she's cute, funny and caring. Caring, my ass. All she cares about is her bottom line.

govgirl
05-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Interesting that Lisa R. is in Vegas same time as the Evine live folk are there -- she's even posting pics of herself with some of the Evine hosts. Surprised she allowed herself to be near Heather Hall, who is a real beauty.

Agree with all of you on Shawnie Sue -- she's a total trainwreck. The only Q hosts who turns me off more than her is Kristen.

LipLiner
05-30-2015, 09:24 AM
I was also shocked that Lisa was photographed with Heather Hall. I think she is around LR's age and she looks fabulous!!! Someone posted on Lisa's FB page that Lisa would soon be working as a buyer for Evine. Lisa deleted this post very quickly. I highly doubt that is true anyway. Lisa working as a low life buyer....BEHIND the scenes....NOT in front of a camera. No way would LR take a job like that.

Honey
05-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Ugh, the callers! I do think many of them are lonely and just want to talk, especially the older callers. The worst ones, IMO, and as someone else mentioned, are the ones who call in and give monosyllabic replies. I'm wondering WHY did you call (or agree to talk on air)????

Sometimes the callers actually turn me off an item. I might be looking at an article of clothing, when "Gladys" calls in (I actually heard two Gladys calls the other day), and I decide "no." Often Gladys sounds about 85 years old -- not that 85 can't be fashionable.

The worst call I ever heard was the woman who insisted on talking about her diarrhea. She actually said the word diarrhea 3 TIMES!!!

Who the fuck screens these calls? I really think that sometimes the screeners have some beef with the host, and wait for the worst calls possible.

LipLiner
05-30-2015, 12:03 PM
I wonder if Lisa R. will run into Paul Kelly while she is in Vegas. Remember him....HUGE tall guy....he was a host for a while on the Q and then he worked behind the scenes for a while. He was involved with the 50/50 tour back in the 90's. Last I heard he was at Evine. He and LR shacked up for a while. I never did see her attraction to him.

Klovestoshop
05-30-2015, 01:17 PM
LR posted a selfie and said she was tired looking. My husband looked over my shoulder and said she's got the forehead of a Klingon.

Anyone know how old Kathy Levine is? She doesn't have a wrinkle on her face.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Yep, those callers need to go! They seem to ramble on forever and the host is trying to get rid of them then they have "just one more question real quickly." Or sometimes the caller is not talkative at all....just yes or no answers which is awkward. Then you get the ones that have 106 Dooney bags or she had a closet added on to her house just for her Bob Mackie stuff. I cringe when they "go off to the phones."

If this was facebook I'd want to "like" it a million times. So cringeworthy! Why do they subject us all to this? I get vicariously embarrassed for the poor yokels who call in. Ugh.

Phèdre nó Delaunay
05-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Anyone thinking that Lisa might be going to Evine? I might start watching more if she did. I saw her pix with Kathy Levine and Judy Crowell on FB and they are apparently on Evine (which used to be ShopNBC then ShopHQ.)

Anyone ordered from them? I have watched it a bit, but not very much. I never order from TV so I don't make impulsive choices, I shop from the websites. Evines wasn't very user friendly and didn't (at the time I looked) have a wishlist function at all so I just wrote them off.

I have seen some really cute handbags on there. (I admit it, I'm a handbagaholic).

Best Topics: frasier crane's apartment essential literature laptop bath annual gift man morrowind ps2 tap on starter splice power cord philmont altitude temperance amendment she's lump zippo walmart shooting my wad foot instep schmaltzy music russian guns ww2 creme savers amazon japanese porn titles taquilla worm junior tee goat horns devil two feet driving walmart shredder oil azimuth of polaris ww2 zeppelin brandi love racist avatar mech knife tinactin ingredient pinnacle armor cat venom three paycheck month normal bake vs well done pizza what does glc stand for how to dry pants fast i dream of jeannie sex my cat hasn't peed in 2 days 18 year old rights living with parents blue jay looking bird long tail how to reduce garlic flavor why does vinegar make me sweat airball free throw rule 5 lb bag of sugar which state has the longest name thaw hot dog buns cooking with lid on or off allopathic vs homeopathic vs osteopathic cat meatloaf position sick cone shaped paper cups rob roy sword fight where can i buy a coca plant great wall of china failed yellow stains on pillow what does x mean in medical terms dry ice in freezer how does rent work can i sleep in my car in a parking lot kelly van dyke porn simon and garfunkel net worth how to drain gasoline from lawn mower casual usps job description does less dense float black polo khaki pants zimbabwe currency for sale ebay sandra farrow gg allin