PDA

View Full Version : Advertising malware alert: Traffichaus / Bedep malware

Quartz
01-31-2015, 09:42 AM
This is one for Jerry.

Visitors to adult website xHamster are at risk of having their computers infected with a piece of malware due to a large and serious malvertising campaign that takes advantage of the recently uncovered zero-day vulnerability in Adobe's Flash player...

The infection originates from ad agency Traffichaus and is launched though an iFrame that was not detected by 57 anti-virus products. Only two of the 57 anti-virus solutions were able to detect the Bedep malware being downloaded. (http://ibtimes.co.uk/adult-website-xhamster-puts-visitors-serious-risk-infection-by-bedep-malware-1485603)

Since the malware is distributed by Traffichaus, and xHamster are apparently an innocent party, I hope the SDMB are currently blocking Traffichaus.

And be sure you update Flash!

Traffic Haus
04-30-2015, 11:24 PM
This is one for Jerry.

[/URL]

Since the malware is distributed by Traffichaus, and xHamster are apparently an innocent party, I hope the SDMB are currently blocking Traffichaus.

And be sure you update Flash!

Hi Quartz,

Not sure who Jerry is, but hopefully he wasn't affected by malware, as that sucks, I've been there.
This is not a "Huge" nor "Massive" malvertising attack. This is systems in place working effectively. An advertiser advertising within TrafficHaus advertising platform got access to a minute number of impressions, not users, it was a very targeted campaign which is why TrafficHaus and malwarebytes picked it up. The access was .001% of the total traffic served per day on Xhamster. This was a minor attack which we caught very early and it most likely did not affect any users.

The company responsible is a media buying company that purports their own system, called TrafficInside.Me ([url]http://trafficinside.me/ (http://ibtimes.co.uk/adult-website-xhamster-puts-visitors-serious-risk-infection-by-bedep-malware-1485603)) They claimed they were hacked, but we don't buy it. Luckily we caught it WELL before any damage could be done and so did Malwarebytes and removed it completely from the site before any damage was done. We've had 0 Reports from any users on XHamster being hit with the virus, and it would be hard pressed for you to find a single user out there with proof that they've ever been affected by Xhamster in this way, as we work diligently to keep the site clean.

They were doing very browser specific targeting. The systems we utilize currently are still unable to detect the Angler exploit, 2 anti virus scanning systems as well as all the top antivirus programs using VMware. This advertiser was activated Friday January 24th and taken down saturday January 25th. The ads in question received a total of 100k impressions, so the exposure was very very minimal, not even a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of the audience population as the advertiser was still on restricted access through our normal protocols to combat malware.

We are seeking stronger systems in detecting the Angler exploit kit in a more proactive fashion, we reached out to malwarebytes in the past without any support to help combat, so we renew our request to combat this rather than talking about this.
It was able to to get around our repeated scans, although the advertiser did provide all the necessary documents and went through our normal protocols.
As you may be aware the top antivirus and detection systems do not catch this exploit, so it is very manual on our part as well as malwarebytes.

We believe that through cooperation and teamwork to prevent these intrusions, Xhamster, TrafficHaus, and Malwarebytes can make the ecosystem of adult internet sites safer and more secure. We hope we hear from Malwarebytes soon as we've requested to work together for some time now. Perhaps your next release can be about how we combat this type of advertising daily, and about Malwarebytes joining that fight.

Hope you navigate your favorite adult channel safely.

RitterSport
05-01-2015, 08:24 AM
...Xhamster in this way, as we work diligently to keep the site clean.

Malware aside, you're doing a terrible job keeping Xhamster clean. :p

Biotop
05-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Malware aside, you're doing a terrible job keeping Xhamster clean. :p

Really?

I understand there are many videos of washing, many with lots and lots of soap. So I have heard.

BigT
05-02-2015, 12:52 AM
Hi Quartz,

Not sure who Jerry is, but hopefully he wasn't affected by malware, as that sucks, I've been there.

Jerry is the tech support here. He was saying that it might be something he would want to look into.

kayaker
05-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Hope you navigate your favorite adult channel safely.

You doffed your cap there, dint ya?

Best Topics: marked bills raising arizona biker oyster pronunciation chocolate smarties borderlands quotes chubby belly dancer robert vaughn commercial bee vomit pharmacy message boards vastly approaching definition money briefcase handsome stalin trilling cats pachabel canon christmas ez4 gas what dissolves bone sneezes smell nomad gang kansas vs california i'm feeling stabby 2grl 1cp meaning ballast ig13 20el michener books moo joke bww vs wingstop diamond tipped hard liquor types beer white can bus wifi systems hot chilean old people eyebrows swallowed a tooth fha club what are hood pins used for janet evanovich fanfiction archive clutch my pearls meme can you drill with a dremel why is metro pcs so cheap snow crabs vs king crab can hickies cause cancer dental fantasy football names perks of being a wallflower poem what are curb feelers how do you pronounce cicada can a cold be transmitted through sperm popular song with accordion things to make you pee islands in atlantic ocean whisper challenge dirty sentences how to pronounce qing uv glue home depot non denominational private school non-sequential bills why do my crickets keep dying has mary steenburgen had plastic surgery back to the future timeline economics and political science double major claude ricks card trick city of issuance on a passport bigamy laws in new york can cats drink coffee world history books to read how to notch wood merle haggard dukes of hazzard