PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the COOLEST screen name?

Enola Straight
07-09-2001, 02:37 AM
I've seen some rather boring screen names on this board
(yes...mine included) and I've noticed names that really stood out:

Stupendous man

Philosophocles

and my personal favorite

Wartime Consingliore (did I spell that right?)

What screen names do you guys love?

SPOOFE
07-09-2001, 03:29 AM
No doubt about it... my screen name is the coolest. Hands down.

Max the Immortal
07-09-2001, 03:43 AM
I find most altenate versions of existing words to be rather clever. Czarcasm, for instance, is a good one.

Dijon Warlock
07-09-2001, 05:55 AM
I've always liked Sue Duhnym. A recent favorite is PurpleHeadedYogurtSlinger.

missdavis102
07-09-2001, 07:09 AM
There's a guy who just started posting over in GQ, by the name of Don't poke the bear, Dad! That's pretty funny!

Rue DeDay
07-09-2001, 07:50 AM
SPOOFE is a boob. Mine is better.

-Rue.

CrankyAsAnOldMan
07-09-2001, 09:52 AM
Dijon Warlock, actually, makes me giggle everytime I see it and say it.

Don't Poke the Bear, Dad! is one I haven't seen yet, but it ranks up there in the top 1%, I must say....

Ukulele Ike
07-09-2001, 09:56 AM
Whatever happened to Mary Hart's Legs? I always liked that one.

matt_mcl
07-09-2001, 12:17 PM
imthecowgodmoo will win every time, in my book, with Tequila Mockingbird in close second.

thinksnow
07-09-2001, 12:37 PM
<ahem>

tiny ham
07-09-2001, 12:41 PM
I really dig

happylittlevegemite

I just want to cuddle it in my arms and sing.

Cerowyn
07-09-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by jarbabyj
I really dig

happylittlevegemite

I just want to cuddle it in my arms and sing.

jarbaby has obviously never tasted Vegemite... :(

Cerowyn
07-09-2001, 01:12 PM
Drat. I meant to mention some of my favourite names:

Mods:

Czarcasm
Coldfire

Members:

ThisYearsGirl
SuaSponte
CrankyAsAnOldMan
Arden Ranger
jarbabyj (despite an odd liking for black gooey substances)
Sexy Writer (who seems to have vanished)

I just find these aliases evocative...

tiny ham
07-09-2001, 01:16 PM
Well, no, I've never had vegemite, but it's such a cute word, and to think of it being happy and little is darling.

anything little is automatically cute.

jarbaby

Atreyu
07-09-2001, 01:25 PM
Another vote for Don't poke the bear, Dad! It actually made me laugh out loud when I saw it for the first time.

Czarcasm is a pretty clever screen name. And I'm not just saying that because I've met the guy.

I like Fenris. For some reason, I think of wolves when I see that name...must have seen some reference somewhere linking the two.

Cartooniverse, Spiritus Mundi, Sofa King, and TubaDiva are all really cool names, in my book.

Spectre of Pithecanthropus
07-09-2001, 01:26 PM
I vote for Qadgop the Mercotan

It has an august majesty seldom seen in member handles. BTW if you're reading this, Qadgop, can you tell us what it means? For my part it stirs vague memories of old science fiction movies and freshman chemistry.

ultrafilter
07-09-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I like Fenris. For some reason, I think of wolves when I see that name...must have seen some reference somewhere linking the two.

In the American edition of the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia, there was a wolf named Fenris Ulf. That's probably where you got that connection.

As for my pick, well...I've always thought Scylla was a pretty cool name, and wondered why I haven't seen a Charybdis.

I think mine's pretty cool, but that's just my opinion.

DocCathode
07-09-2001, 01:38 PM
Fenris is a character in Norse mythology. The son of Loki,
Fenris is a massive wolf. Currently chained in cave, with a sword in his mouth, he is destined to escape at Ragnarok(Twilight Of The Gods).

That said:
Chronos (after Greek mythology or the DC super villain?)
TubaDiva
PolyCarp
And because of the special place in my heart reserved for insane, prankster, vampires
Malkavia

Atreyu
07-09-2001, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ultrafilter:
In the American edition of the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia, there was a wolf named Fenris Ulf. That's probably where you got that connection.

Originally posted by DocCathode:
Fenris is a character in Norse mythology. The son of Loki, Fenris is a massive wolf. Currently chained in cave, with a sword in his mouth, he is destined to escape at Ragnarok(Twilight Of The Gods).

Aha! I read the Narnia books a lot when I was younger. Betcha C.S. Lewis got the name for the wolf from the Norse mythology. And I've read enough books on mythology to have probably bumped into the name somewhere, after which it lodged in my subconscious for some vague reason.

Thanks for filling me in.

dangermom
07-09-2001, 02:51 PM
So what is Fenris Ulf's name in Britain????

Roger the Shrubber
07-09-2001, 06:56 PM
Wow, Dijon Warlock. Thanks. With only thirty-something posts, it's quite an honor.

I've never seen imthecowgodmoo, but that just made me laugh out loud.

now i've gtg.. i'm learning dvorak on the other computer, which is defragging, and don't want to mess myself up.

SPOOFE
07-09-2001, 07:00 PM
Rue DeDay, you shall rue the day that you dared call me a boob. This means war, dagnammit!!

Qadgop the Mercotan
07-09-2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by javaman
I vote for Qadgop the Mercotan

It has an august majesty seldom seen in member handles. BTW if you're reading this, Qadgop, can you tell us what it means? For my part it stirs vague memories of old science fiction movies and freshman chemistry.

Thanks! It's the title character from Sybly Whyte's classic novel! Here's a quote!

Qadgop the Mercotan slithered flatly around the after-bulge of the
tranship. One claw dug into the meters-thick armor of pure neutronium,
then another. Its terrible xmex-like snout locked on. Its zymolosely
polydactyl tongue crunched out, crashed down, rasped across. Slurp!
Slurp! At each abrasive stroke the groove in the tranship's plating
deepened and Qadgop leered more fiercely. Fools! Did they think that
the airlessness of absolute space, the heatlessness of absolute zero,
the yieldlessness of absolute neutronium could stop QADGOP THE
MERCOTAN? And the stowaway, that human wench Cynthia, cowering in
helpless terror just beyond this thin and fragile wall....

capacitor
07-09-2001, 08:49 PM
Hey SPOOFE, I remember the time when you were SPOOFE Bo Diddley. Why the name change?

Smeghead
07-09-2001, 08:51 PM
I literally read that section of that book last night, Qadgop. Laughed out loud.

And, javaman, it's from E.E. "Doc" Smith's Lensman series, in which our hero, Kim Kinnison, poses as an intrepid sci-fi writer, Sylby Whyte - actually a well-established cover identity used by the Galactic Patrol - so as to be able to infiltrate all aspects of a particular planet's society. In order to maintain his cover, he actually writes a book, which, since it was written by our Grey Lensman hero, is, of course, widely hailed as Whyte's best.

Guinastasia
07-09-2001, 08:56 PM
Hey, my name is cool...a combination of Guinevere and Anastasia!

Gunslinger
07-09-2001, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by capacitor
Hey SPOOFE, I remember the time when you were SPOOFE Bo Diddley. Why the name change?
IIRC, he got tired of typing it all in every time.

My favorite? racinchikki. Of course, I am a bit biased...;)

Death_Mage
07-09-2001, 09:01 PM
Ha, I am a Mage, who causes death wherever I go! Just yesterday I stepped on a cat and killed it, really.

The Big Cheese
07-09-2001, 09:36 PM
all of the above, plus:

Jane D'oh!
Duck Duck Goose
GodImStupid
muppetsoup

Mobius74
07-09-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Death_Mage
Ha, I am a Mage, who causes death wherever I go! Just yesterday I stepped on a cat and killed it, really.

Too TWISTED. Even for me.

thinksnow
07-09-2001, 09:56 PM
Look folks, the OP isn't "Who's got the most CLEVER screen name," it's the "COOLEST." That pretty much leaves Coldfire[b] and [b]me, and Coldy is out of town.

Give me my crown. Now.

kanicbird
07-09-2001, 10:26 PM
thinksnow is what ski areas say when it's suppose to be below freezing but is really in te low to mid 60's (at least in the east. Coldfire - well the coldest flame is 100's of degres higher that that. so we come around to K2 - the mountain has snow year round - and in general is very very cold and windy lets just say 0 F. I (Dave) OTOH am in my office and 70 F so if we average the 2 we get 35F which takes the crown.

Ukulele Ike
07-09-2001, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Guinastasia
Hey, my name is cool...a combination of Guinevere and Anastasia!

Jesus H. Cristo, I've known you for a year and I never figured that out.

You know, MY first choice was The Countess Cathleen, which is a drama alluded to by William Butler Yeats in his late poem "The Circus Animals' Desertion."

But then I figured that, y'know, folks'd think I was a chick and stuff.

Miss Creant
07-09-2001, 10:54 PM
Damn, I thought mine was mildly clever
but then I saw PoopahChulupa* ; which just cracks me up for some reason, Cartooniverse, Jane D'oh! Rue DeDay
Sue Duhnym FireUnderpantsBoobs, Purd Werfect and tons more that I can't think of right now

(*I refuse to do a search to see if I spelled that right for fear this board will slow down even more!)

Sassy
07-09-2001, 11:20 PM
I miss BugVomit

AwSnappity
07-09-2001, 11:24 PM
I like...
threebunnymama because it reminds me of something my own mommy would call herself
wishbone, if only because I want to sing, "what's the story, Wishbone?" like the TV theme (also, I have a Wishbone stuffed animal)
Don't Poke the Bear, Dad!
zgystardst
Poopah Chalupah
Tequila Mockingbird

Crunchy Frog
07-09-2001, 11:39 PM
Well, aside from my super-cool username, I'd have to vote for imthecowgodmoo.

And whoever finally grows the balls to claim the username Chicken of Bristol will also get my vote. There's a great username, just going to waste.

saepiroth
07-09-2001, 11:41 PM
i like Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor

did anyone see what i gave him in the "superpowers by screename" thread?

whenever i see him, that's what i think of.

PaperBlob
07-09-2001, 11:58 PM
Sue Dunhym
Crunchy Frog
Lance Turbo
Hail Ants

ultrafilter
07-10-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by saepiroth
i like Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor

did anyone see what i gave him in the "superpowers by screename" thread?

whenever i see him, that's what i think of.

Yeah, I sure remember that. That was a damn cool thread, and whoever created it should be given praise and adulations. ;)

Enola Straight
07-10-2001, 01:56 AM
OOOH!! OOOH!!

I just remembered:

Number Six and Speaker For The Dead

way cool.

SPOOFE
07-10-2001, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Originally posted by capacitor
IIRC, he got tired of typing it all in every time.
Also, the "Bo Diddly" (no "E"... yeah, I know that the musician's name was spelled differently) was added long after I took the name "SPOOFE" (in real life... about half my friends still call me that). It really meant nothing aside from space filler when I was asked for a first, middle, and last name all at the same time.

And I still think mine's the coolest screen name... Thinksnow (who's name I always translate as "thinks now") can bite my big blubbery bunghole.

DarkPrince
07-10-2001, 04:45 AM
Chicken of Bristol? Huh?

SPOOFE
07-10-2001, 05:54 AM
"Chicken of Bristol" is a Monty Python reference. "Brave" Sir Robin had some contact with said chicken.

Czarcasm, back when he was still known as slythe, considered using "Chicken of Bristol" as a screen name, but it was rejected in favor of the more Russian-punny-sounding title he currently wears.

missdavis102
07-10-2001, 08:48 AM
imthecowgodmoo has changed his (very kick ass) name and reappeared as someone else, no? Or did he just abandon us way back when? For some reason I can't (or choose not to) remember, I always associate him with Sofa King, which is another pretty cool screen name.

Living Dead Girl
07-10-2001, 09:52 AM
imthecowgodmoo changed his name? Say it ain't so! That was one of my all-time faves when I started reading the board - second only to the ever confusing Sue Duhnym.

Althought Don't Poke the Bear, Dad! might make it's way in there too - I fall into helpless giggles everytime I hear it. Hehehe... small things amuse small minds, eh?

Qadgop the Mercotan
07-10-2001, 10:56 AM
Smeghead, now my cover is blown! Oh well. I just always liked the idea of having a zymolosely polydactyl tongue, as does Mrs. Mercotan.

Kamandi
07-10-2001, 03:06 PM
FireUnderpantsBoobs outed me in her sig. I just love those three word.

{b]CrankyAsAnOldMan[/b] always makes me laugh. I get the strongest image of a wizened, bent little bald guy sitting on his porch rocking chair. "Hey you Kids! Get off my lawn!!"

Smeghead. I love a Red Dwarf reference.

tiny ham
07-10-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by PaperBlob

Hail Ants

sweet holy hell, how could i forget Hail Ants. I love Hail Ants. Damn that's great.

Jane D'oh!
07-10-2001, 03:58 PM
Hey! I got two votes and I hardly ever say anything. Wow.

Thanks a bunch Miss Creant and tlmtlm59.

Aside from you guys, I really think Sue Dunhym,TubaDiva and Hail Ants are cool names.

Kamandi
07-10-2001, 09:18 PM
Jacknifed Juggernaut is my current favorite.

cuauhtemoc
07-10-2001, 11:11 PM
When I'm down, all I have to do is remember that there's a poster who calls herself "FireUnderpantsBoobs". I can still make myself laugh uncontrollably just by repeating the name over and over again. I tried to explain it to a friend recently, but she just didn't understand. Anyway, FireUnderpantsBoobs, you have the best name of anyone I've ever encountered in my entire life. You should run for President.

Linear Crack
07-10-2001, 11:30 PM
Other than my own? How bout:

cool - bagkitty

weird - Don't poke the bear, Dad!

SpaceGhostofArrakis
07-10-2001, 11:52 PM
SpaceGhostofArrakis

References to Space Ghost, and Dune .

What could be more perfect, beeyatches?

AwSnappity
07-11-2001, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by cuautemhoc
When I'm down, all I have to do is remember that there's a poster who calls herself "FireUnderpantsBoobs".
[snip]
Anyway, FireUnderpantsBoobs, you have the best name of anyone I've ever encountered in my entire life. You should run for President.
Awwww, thanks! :) :) :)

sk8rixtx
07-11-2001, 03:28 PM
I think sk8rixtx is a really cool username. He's really hot too.

Best Topics: dental implants forum cyanide pills buying liquid nitrogen mirror desktop background young teen dp tos vs tng pimento olives funny fictional names zonker harris students dating teachers flesh tone marker funny skeleton puns best drano ellen corby gay bubba jail fast talking disclaimer walgreens cleanse king of rats wwe tickle four flushing biggest poos golf license plate lt norman dike best harmony songs sellout bands musical motif presto burger maker doris day braless jury duty sick kingsysyphus instagram cherries blossom mama cass sandwich sebaceous cyst tunneling stringy roast beef you are getting sleepy very sleepy vic morrow death autopsy photos why do i clench my jaw how many g's in a car crash font with line through middle why do diesel engines last longer than gas engines waffle baby blanket with satin trim hydrochloric acid and sugar headache from sleeping too long spider plant and cats john wayne and robert mitchum movies has there ever been conjoined triplets why don't amish pay taxes chip and dales mmorpg if atheist ruled the world gratias tibi ago domine 3.6 gpa law school how to write a check for myself sell books los angeles lucy lawless hair color cost of wifi card for laptop meet women at church what kind of doctors perform abortions can graduate students take undergraduate courses recharging car battery after jump start 9 10th of the law duralube severe fuel system cleaner reviews fin stabilized shotgun slug 5 cylinder engine chevy colorado why does toothpaste expire sauce to serve with lamb pressure cooker 15 psi