PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine

satanslawyer
07-19-2001, 11:55 AM
When you've got 8 guys sitting around turning tools, and you can't have a radio because the crybaby's in manufacturing will complain, you tend to have the topic of conversation wander around like a drunk on the freeway.

Anyhoo, we got to talking about drugs and drug slang. And since none of us really got into the drug scene, there's one thing we can't seem to figure out. How much cocaine is in an 8-ball. We think it's 1/8 of an ounce (the common size for a "Bag" of weed), but were not sure.

Ike Witt
07-19-2001, 12:25 PM
That would be correct... So I have heard.

b-side
07-19-2001, 12:27 PM
At the risk of having this thread monitored by project Echelon...

An 8-ball should be 1/8 of an ounce or 3.5 grams. Of course, as with most products on the black market, a huge caveat emptor applies.

Beadalin
07-19-2001, 06:02 PM
Wow, b-side, remind me to call you if I ever need a connection to the Shadowy Underworld. First the post about $3000 hookers, and now this! ;)

According to the US Government's drug policy site (http://whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/streetterms/ByAlpha.asp?strTerm=E) (a dubious source, I'll grant you), the term has these meanings:

Eight ball: 1/8 ounce of drugs
Eightball: Crack mixed with heroin

vandergeld
07-20-2001, 07:38 PM
[drug joke]
hippie speedball: a triple espresso and 2 bong hits
[/drug joke]

Sultan Kinkari
07-20-2001, 07:46 PM
An eight-ball is rarely 3.5 grams. It usually weighs out to 2.7 if your lucky.

A teener is supposed to be half of an 8-ball, and usually is closer to 1.75 than an 8-ball, because if you halved what would be an 8-ball on the street wouldn't even make out a line, and you would notice, because you would be looking at a rock or pile about the size of a pencil eraser, maybe more, hopefully not less.

jane_says
07-20-2001, 08:08 PM
Wishbone, I disagree heartily.

An 8-ball is most certainly 3.5 grams. All the time. 2.7 grams is, well, lacking damn near a gram. An real 8-ball is weighed on triple beams, without a baggie corner or twist tie fragment, and weighs precisely 3.5 grams.

In all my years of doing bad, unhealthy things, I never had even the seediest guy try to sell me a 2.7g 8-ball. For a couple of years, I even sold it myself. I'm telling you that I'd have been sick with fear over selling something that short.

As for a "teener" - I have never heard the term, and wonder if it might be something regional. If I were buying "half an 8-ball" I would certainly expect more than a pencil-eraser. Where I grew up, a single gram would make (at least) four respectable lines. Maybe the dealers in your area have their thumbs on the scales or something.

jane_says
07-20-2001, 08:23 PM
Ick.

Upon rereading my post, I would like to make it clear that I do not condone illegal drug use or any other illicit activity. I was simply stating some facts about a part of my life that thank God, is long over. No one should do coke - ever. Me included. And I don't. So don't buy or sell an 8-ball, or anything else that might get you into trouble. I do not advocate drug abuse of any kind.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

b-side
07-20-2001, 10:36 PM
Beadalin, I assure you I am not as shady as all that, though it does seem I have a certain knowledge of all things bad. Meaning I agree with jane_says; without question, the stuff is bad. As vandergeld implied, Beadalin, the crack(cocaine) and heroine mixture is a "speedball," which we know is evil because it killed Jon Belushi.

Of course an eight-ball is technically 1/8 of an ounce, hence the name, but I have known supposed eight-balls to weigh only 3 grams. I guess jane_says always delt with better people. Sometimes that's hard in NYC, where, by the way, one can routinely buy a "20 bag" of indeterminate weight and quality.

Never heard of a "teener." Would that be one six*teenth* of an ounce? In any case, it is a stupid and as far as I know unused term.

eunoia
07-20-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by wishbone
...because if you halved what would be an 8-ball on the street wouldn't even make out a line...

Seven quarters of blow would not make a line? Who are you, Scarface?

Sultan Kinkari
07-21-2001, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by jane_says

As for a "teener" - I have never heard the term, and wonder if it might be something regional.

Originally posted by b-side

Never heard of a "teener." Would that be one six*teenth* of an ounce? In any case, it is a stupid and as far as I know unused term.

Yes, it stands for 1/16th of an oz. I can't take credit for inventing the term, since it's probably older than I am. When I typed in "teener" and "slang" in Google, I came up with this. (http://metrich.com/slang/slang.htm#T) Then again I was never really into the yeaho, definitely much more of a tweeker.

gtzaskar00
07-21-2001, 05:17 PM
the 8ball is always an eight of an ounce... hence the name. If it isnt, walk away from the deal and find a better dealer. That is like buying half an ounce of weed and only getting 3/8...

Schwanzong
07-21-2001, 05:24 PM
Man, how can you guys still type with your fingers so burnt by the crack-pipe?

jane_says
07-21-2001, 05:45 PM
What biting wit, Schwanzong! Except that until now crack hadn't been mentioned.

gtzaskar00
07-21-2001, 06:10 PM
The only thing keeping me from typing that well are all these rolled up hundred dollar bills all over the desk... oh, and that mirror.

Qwertyasdfg
07-22-2001, 02:12 AM
1/8 ounce = eight ball
1 ounce = onion
1 kilogram = a pie

Just so you can really impress your friends.

PS: I don't do drugs.

red_dragon60
07-22-2001, 04:05 AM
Apparently, Cecil means cocaine. How... enlightening.

http://whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/streetterms/ByAlpha.asp?strTerm=C

Best Topics: record speed masturbating while drunk x medical abbreviation abbreviation for pages profilesac test dry wit humor male stripper blowjob hereditary birthmarks charging basketball p pp pages disemboweled alive spinet piano weight nicks butt powerless mowers pba sticker battery charger testing who owns money postmaster general uniform bird samples alumni vs alumnus typeover mode torn uretha sinus crackling va fungul vicodin does nothing pretzel flavor spinster aunt standard outlet amps heart of palms southern insults skank girl ivana diamond wau meaning a or an historian steam your account creation request failed why does breaking your neck kill you songs in phrygian mode transferring high schools senior year does decaf coffee taste different what country has the longest name 36 triple d breast concorde curvature of the earth cooking chicken on cuisinart griddler mechanical clutch vs hydraulic how to short sheet a bed latin for eternal darkness dollhouse kits hobby lobby bloodhound gang burn mother f burn what is mack the knife about one eye is weaker than the other will dogs kill mice mass effect 2 digital deluxe promo key what american strength did yamamoto hope to weaken in attacking midway national debt clock union square how many attempts does fedex make why are there so many dangerous animals in australia how to make raid dope my eureka vacuum won't turn on my husband thinks i'm stupid late periods on the pill tunnel of love ride locations how to cash a payroll check with no id printing picture on multiple pages the flagon with the dragon holds the brew that is true french word for seal ear cleaning doctor near me how much cash can you legally carry rice with milk and cinnamon recipe