PDA

View Full Version : So I've found the SECOND most addicting game to exist on the internet. No, really.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

levdrakon
11-12-2016, 06:40 PM
What are your perks set at? If you made it three portals ago, you really shouldn't be having that tough of a time. How much total helium do you have?

Let's see, according to the stat screen

15.1K He
Resilience 2
Meditation 5
Relentlessness 9
Carpentry 10
Artisanry 7
Range 10
Agility 4
Bait 9
Trumps 9
Pheromones 10
Packrat 9
Motivation 19
Power 21
Toughness 21
Looting 22

I'm sitting on 5590 He from this run. I suppose that's included in the 15.1K total?

I'm on z63 now, so it's definitely better than the last time I made to 60. I couldn't have finished 60 without letting the game sit for a week, I imagine. I'd say it's taken about six hours to get where I am since I posted earlier. I normally don't leave the game running in the background all day.

Munch
11-13-2016, 08:13 AM
15.1K He
Resilience 2
Meditation 5
Relentlessness 9
Carpentry 10
Artisanry 7
Range 10
Agility 4
Bait 9
Trumps 9
Pheromones 10
Packrat 9
Motivation 19
Power 21
Toughness 21
Looting 22Hmmmm... I would want Carpentry much higher - but I bet that's pretty close to half of your total helium, which is where I target it. Your last 4 are really high - I have 27.1k total helium, and those are 11/15/15/13 for me. I don't see a big need for Bait, but can be convinced otherwise - I dropped mine down on my respec this run.

I normally don't leave the game running in the background all day.
Well there's your problem right there! :)

levdrakon
11-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Hmmmm... I would want Carpentry much higher - but I bet that's pretty close to half of your total helium, which is where I target it. Your last 4 are really high - I have 27.1k total helium, and those are 11/15/15/13 for me. I don't see a big need for Bait, but can be convinced otherwise - I dropped mine down on my respec this run.

Well there's your problem right there! :)Thanks for the advice. I probably should emphasize Carpentry more. Stuff like Bait is cheap, so I just allocate what I really want and plop whatever's left over on cheap stuff.

My laptop is prone to overheating which is why I don't leave the game running too much. I'll just have to be patient and portal some more. Every run makes me adapt and do things differently, which is part of the fun. Right now I'm cranking up my ratio of miners to farmers and lumberjacks way higher than I have before.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Resilience 2
Toughness 21

Without getting into too much math detail, let me just say that
Resilience 4
Toughness 18

is 86 helium cheaper and gives +4.5% or so more health, with no downsides. In practice you'll probably want to go to something like Res 5 Tough 18, at that range toughness should be about 13 points more than Resilience for efficiency.

There are tables on the wiki Perks page with efficient combinations of stats. Your offense looks about right, by the way. Except...

As others have mentioned, your Carpentry is waaay too low. Rule of thumb is to spend half your helium on it, so in this case 17 Carpentry is 7201 helium. You'll have to scale other things back, or perhaps just stop adding to anything else for a few runs to let Carpentry catch up to where it should be. Artisanistry is also 2 or 3 points too low, as is Phermones. I'd also be tempted to add to Agility, but that's more of a quality of life issue.

I agree with others' comments that the last 4 on the list are all too high, two or three fewer points on each of these would be better. Munch, you went too far the other way in my opinion, with 27k helium your numbers for those 4 are instead too low! :)

I like NewPlayerGuide(Truth) (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/NewPlayerGuide%28Truth%29) on the wiki for a baseline for perk spending.

levdrakon
11-13-2016, 11:57 AM
I just checked and I've spent a little over 1K on Carpentry, and I guess I should have spent about 8K on it at this point, so I'm going to portal and do some major adjusting.

Thanks!

Some Call Me... Tim
11-13-2016, 12:08 PM
I decided to try the daily challenge yesterday, -76% from production and looting, and +300% enemy health for +346% helium. It hasn't actually been too bad so far, but I expect things will really slow down once I start to get up there in levels, since the low production will make it difficult to keep up with upgrades. Still, if I can get to around level 80 or so that should net somewhere around 100K helium, which would be really nice.

Yeah, I did that daily too. Dailies seem to vary a lot in desirability, but I liked that one. Enemy health is not that bad for a lot of +% bonus, same with -production.

Telperion
11-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I did that daily too. Dailies seem to vary a lot in desirability, but I liked that one. Enemy health is not that bad for a lot of +% bonus, same with -production.

Yeah, I thought exactly the same thing. It's slower than a regular run, but manageable. I'm at level 58 right now and plan to go for as long as I can keep Block competitive. Today's challenge is just bonkers though, -48% housing capacity and reduced breed speed seems like it would just stall the game once Coordination requirements get too high, even if the helium bonus is a bit higher.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I thought exactly the same thing. It's slower than a regular run, but manageable. I'm at level 58 right now and plan to go for as long as I can keep Block competitive. Today's challenge is just bonkers though, -48% housing capacity and reduced breed speed seems like it would just stall the game once Coordination requirements get too high, even if the helium bonus is a bit higher.

Yeah, I didn't like that one either, so I started Slow this morning. Reduced breed speed sounds like it wouldn't be too bad to me, but the -housing capacity was a deal breaker.

Telperion
11-15-2016, 07:45 PM
And here I thought that other daily challenge was bonkers...

"Enemy health increased by 120%.
Gain a stack after killing an enemy, increasing Trimp attack by 4% (additive). Stacks cap at 100, and reset when your Trimps die.
Trimps have 140% more attack on even numbered zones
Trimp max damage increased by 575% (additive).
Gain 51% less Metal, Food, Wood, and Gems from all sources
Gain a stack after killing an enemy, reducing breed speed by 0.40% (compounding). Stacks cap at 375, and reset after clearing a zone.
Trimp min damage reduced by 88% (additive).
Your Trimps breed 55.0% slower
Enemies gain a stack of Bloodthirst whenever Trimps die. Every 9 stacks, enemies will heal to full and gain an additive 50% attack. Stacks cap at 18 and reset after killing an enemy.
Enemy attack in maps increased by 180%.
Enemy attack increased by 200%.
Enemy health in maps increased by 150%.
Trimps have 36% less attack on odd numbered zones
Gain 70.0% more resources from gathering
Enemies instantly deal 500% of their attack damage when killed.
Gain a stack after killing an enemy, increasing all non Helium loot by 0.45%. Stacks cap at 500, and reset after clearing a zone.
Enemies stack a debuff with each attack, reducing Trimp attack by 7% per stack. Stacks cap at 9 and reset on Trimp death.
All housing can store 50% fewer Trimps
Enemies have a 25% chance to crit for 200% of normal damage
Enemies have a 18% chance to dodge your attacks on even zones.

Challenge has no end point, and grants an additional 293% of all helium earned before finishing. Can only be run once! Reward does not count toward Bone Portals or affect best He/Hr stat."

Peter Morris
11-15-2016, 08:20 PM
How do you do a daily challenge?

Telperion
11-15-2016, 08:34 PM
How do you do a daily challenge?

Just like other challenges, you select it after using a portal. You have to unlock them by reaching level 100 first, however. And don't do that one, it gives me a headache just trying to figure out what's going on there.

levdrakon
11-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Just like other challenges, you select it after using a portal. You have to unlock them by reaching level 100 first, however. And don't do that one, it gives me a headache just trying to figure out what's going on there.
So what does "daily" mean? It sounds like a regular run with a challenge active. Is it intended to be completed in one day? Is it like, "you must complete zone such and such with the challenge active?" Do they change everyday, or does everyone get the same daily challenge?

Mr Shine
11-16-2016, 10:49 AM
So what does "daily" mean? It sounds like a regular run with a challenge active. Is it intended to be completed in one day? Is it like, "you must complete zone such and such with the challenge active?" Do they change everyday, or does everyone get the same daily challenge?

Daily as in it changes every day, 48 hours after it appears it will no longer be available. You can always choose today's or yesterday's. Once you've activated one you like there is no time limit.

TruCelt
11-16-2016, 02:03 PM
. . .

Incidentally, to anyone else, that pop-up message you get when you break the planet lets you click "I'll be OK" or "I'm scared." What happens if you click "I'm scared?"

. . .

I haven't seen an answer to this - has anybody tried it? I'm just about to hit 60 for the second time, and I'm tempted. But I'm also in incredibly good shape and thinking I might try to push to 70. Will it mess me up some how?

I've found a couple of good advice sites for prestige balancing and Imp-ort purchases, but is there one that's more for boffins? I want to see they "why" behind the decisions, and am (I'm the first to admit!) not up to the math on my own.

TruCelt
11-16-2016, 02:11 PM
Also, why do so few recommend magnimps as one of the first three? It seems to me that since it shows up in both maps and world, it would have the greatest overall imp-act.*
*Ba-dum Chiiiiiiihh

levdrakon
11-16-2016, 02:15 PM
I clicked "I'm scared" last time. Didn't notice anything different at all.

Peter Morris
11-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Okay, I've got Tauntinp, Vanimp, Whimpimp and Magnimp. What should I get next? None of the rest sound terribly useful. Has anyone found that dropping gems, or fragments, or a few seconds of production make a significant difference?

levdrakon
11-16-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm no expert, and am also open to suggestions. I just bought Feyimp to complete the set of World Map imps, and you can never really have too many gems, although that usually isn't my limiting factor so far. Next I'll maybe try Flutimp to see if it helps during the early part of a run before you unlock Explorers, and Titimp would probably be handy in later parts of a run when it starts really helping to burn through some maps. Jestimp sounds good. I usually only get a second or two's worth of loot from drops, 45 seconds is better than a poke in the eye.

Peter Morris
11-16-2016, 04:38 PM
So how much loot do you get in those few seconds? 5 seconds at the current rate of production? Is that it? sounds a trivial amount.

levdrakon
11-16-2016, 05:15 PM
So how much loot do you get in those few seconds? 5 seconds at the current rate of production? Is that it? sounds a trivial amount.It does sound trivial, but maybe it goes up, as you level up like the others do?

I have a question. I just got my third Golden upgrade. It always says level 0. Isn't it supposed to go up a level each time?

Peter Morris
11-16-2016, 05:26 PM
As far as I understand, it's level 0 at 50, level 1 at 100, level 2 at 150, etc.

That seems trivial too.

levdrakon
11-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Okay, I just read up on it. They reset after each portal, so this is actually the first one I unlocked on this run. I've never reached z100, so I won't be seeing a lvl 2 anytime soon.

Yeah, pretty trivial until you can complete 100's of zones in a run.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Jestimp and Chronimp are better than you might expect. They benefit from your Looting perk, from Turkimps, from heirlooms, and from Magnimps, so it may be many times the advertised amount of seconds. I got them as my fifth and sixth choices.

Titimp was seventh for me, and I'll probably go Feyimp Flutimp and Goblimp as my last three in that order, though none of those three seem very exciting to me.

I put magnimps fourth not because they are bad, but because the top three are awesome. I could maybe see an argument with Venimps, but Whipimps and Tauntimps are far better.

The choice at level 60 is just flavor text.

Mr Shine
11-17-2016, 02:56 AM
I clicked "I'm scared" last time. Didn't notice anything different at all.

The story tab apologizes to you. I think that's the only difference.

BeepKillBeep
11-17-2016, 11:56 AM
I hate you people. :)

Knowed Out
11-18-2016, 09:53 AM
If it helps, I'm currently at 68 trying to reach 80, which will probably happen next month. :-)

Clothahump
11-18-2016, 10:14 AM
So you thought Cookie Clicker was bad?

I give you.... Trimps. (http://trimps.github.io/#)
Ummm...what is it supposed to do? I opened it up and got an empty screen with a message in the corner that said I had landed and looked hungry. Nothing more.

Peter Morris
11-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Yeah, it's confusing first time around.

Click on the button marked "Gather." You'll start collecting food. After a while a second box will appear allowing you to chop wood.

When you've got some food and wood, another box will appear, which allows you to build traps.

When you've got one, another box will appear, with a button for "Check traps." Clicking on this will give you your first trimp.

Set him to help you chop wood, or gather food. Build more traps. Get more trimps. Proceed from there.

levdrakon
11-18-2016, 01:07 PM
If it helps, I'm currently at 68 trying to reach 80, which will probably happen next month. :-)I feel your pain.

How many Warpstations do you guys usually buy before a Gigastation? I guess the rule of thumb is if you aren't going much farther, buy them sooner and if you're on a long run, buy more Warpstations first. I currently have 8 WS's.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-18-2016, 02:00 PM
I feel your pain.

How many Warpstations do you guys usually buy before a Gigastation? I guess the rule of thumb is if you aren't going much farther, buy them sooner and if you're on a long run, buy more Warpstations first. I currently have 8 WS's.

I tend to think of them as on a curve that will end roughly with me catching up to buying the last gigastation just before my target level.

Plan ahead to what your target deepest level for this run will eventually be, and then backtrack to see how steep a curve you need for things to work out.

My first 100 run, if I recall correctly, I started out on an 10+3 plan - by which I mean that I got 10 WS before my first gigastation, then 13 WS before the second, then 16, etc. Somewhere around 30 WS this became +2 and toward the end it was +1. This worked out pretty well.

The starting point I based this off of was NewPlayerGuide(Truth), where he recommends 15+3 for a run to zone 125, 20+3 for a run to 145. However, I think those numbers are intended for people grinding challenges, you can get by with a bit less if you're not in a hurry.

I'm currently on a 20+3 plan, though I'm throwing in some +4s, and am hoping to get to at least the 160s.

levdrakon
11-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Ew, my Warpstations are starting to develop an eerie cast that's freaking my eyes out. I keep thinking there's a blurry spot in my vision, or on the computer screen.

Thanks for the advice and info Some Call Me... Tim. I don't have the Carpentry yet to handle that and I'm not headed quite so far yet, but it's something to aim for.

I'm trying for 10 WSs per Gigastation for now, and trying to keep up with Coordinations has got me down to one or two zones per day. Slow, but I'll end up with as much helium from this run as all my previous runs combined.

Knowed Out
11-19-2016, 05:03 PM
How do you all like Geneticists? I employed 120 of them, then saw my down time took a lot longer than usual, so I fired them. Maybe there's an optimal point where the extra health is an equal benefit to reproduction rate, or a Perk makes them worth using, but I'm not seeing it right now.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Geneticists should be bought for a particular purpose and sold as needed, more is not always better. Basically, breeding slows down twice as fast as hit points rise. So, if doubling your hp is required to do any damage at all to an Improbability, slowing your breeding by a factor of 4 might be worth it. It's not worth it in general without a particular reason.

The other vanilla use for geneticists is when your breeding is faster than you can fight again when your trimps die, or roughly one second. If your breeding timer (which you should turn on in settings if you haven't already) is less than a second, there's not much of a downside to buying geneticists until it takes a second or so to breed. Free HP.

Where geneticists really shine is in combination with the Anticipation perk. With all purchasable levels of Anticipation you'll do seven times the damage (+600%) if you took 30 seconds to breed the current Trimps. If you're doing something where you're not dying as often as every 30 seconds, this is awesome.

Later in the game (Zone 170, I'm not there yet either) you can unlock Geneticistassist, which automates buying and firing geneticists to adjust your breed timer to 1 second, 10 seconds, or 30 seconds.

Foggy
11-21-2016, 03:00 PM
Update to 4.0.

Pumpkimps gone, Magma in, New Masteries, and more...

levdrakon
11-21-2016, 05:49 PM
What's Magma? Something way above my current pay grade I imagine.

Anyone using Autohousing? It unlocks at Z75 now. Almost there...

levdrakon
11-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Autostorage, that is.

Telperion
11-21-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I unlocked it today, seems really useful. The description says it works offline too, which is good since that's when I'll really need it.

levdrakon
11-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Woo, made it to Z80 and beat The Prison this AM. Only made it to Z65 last time, so this is an improvement. I should probably portal and do Trapper. With all the He from this run, I should be fairly well set up for it. My He/hr is holding fairly steady, but I'm seven Coordinations behind. I just don't really feel like portaling at the moment. :)

USCDiver
11-26-2016, 08:43 AM
Is there ever a time when you don't need to use Wormholes to get through the Coordination gap from 40 to 50?

Telperion
11-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Is there ever a time when you don't need to use Wormholes to get through the Coordination gap from 40 to 50?

Yes, absolutely. I currently have carpentry at level 31 and haven't needed any wormholes for a while now since Resorts can support over 1,500 trimps each.

USCDiver
11-26-2016, 04:57 PM
How many times through the portal am I looking at to get to that point? I've portalled 6 times, my max level is z60 and I have level 12 carpentry.

Telperion
11-26-2016, 10:00 PM
How many times through the portal am I looking at to get to that point? I've portalled 6 times, my max level is z60 and I have level 12 carpentry.

It says I have spent 284K Helium on Carpentry, so I would guess quite a few more at that rate. Daily quests for 300%+ Helium really pay off, though; my last run made almost 150K Helium.

Peter Morris
11-28-2016, 11:13 AM
I feel your pain.

I upgrade when buying a station is more expensive than an upgrade + 1 new station. Why buy a station when you can have two, bigger stations for the same price or less? This seems to happen at around 7 stations.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-28-2016, 11:51 AM
I upgrade when buying a station is more expensive than an upgrade + 1 new station. Why buy a station when you can have two, bigger stations for the same price or less? This seems to happen at around 7 stations.

The game doesn't allow you to buy them in the order of which is most economically efficient first. Once you buy that gigastation you can't go back and get those warpstations from the previous rank.

Comparing the unit cost of the next level 1 station to the current station is beside the point. The first few warpstations after you buy a gigastation are obviously worth buying, but you'll get that opportunity to buy them every time independent of whether you get the gigastation early or late. Since you'll get them either way, the cheapness of the next gigastation's first few buys shouldn't be involved in your decision of when to upgrade. The question is only whether the expensive warpstation pre-gigastation is worth it.

If you're going to look back after a few zones when you run out of Gigastations to buy and regret not buying those early warpstations, you might want to plan ahead and buy them when they're available.

Peter Morris
11-28-2016, 04:54 PM
What's Magma? Something way above my current pay grade I imagine.

Anyone using Autohousing? It unlocks at Z75 now. Almost there...

Autostorage, that is.

Yeah, I unlocked it today, seems really useful. The description says it works offline too, which is good since that's when I'll really need it.

Okay, I've got to 75, run all the maps for items at this level, and I'm not seeing it.

Munch
11-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Okay, I've got to 75, run all the maps for items at this level, and I'm not seeing it.

It unlocks once you run a Void map after Z75.

Peter Morris
11-28-2016, 06:20 PM
The game doesn't allow you to buy them in the order of which is most economically efficient first. Once you buy that gigastation you can't go back and get those warpstations from the previous rank.

Comparing the unit cost of the next level 1 station to the current station is beside the point. The first few warpstations after you buy a gigastation are obviously worth buying, but you'll get that opportunity to buy them every time independent of whether you get the gigastation early or late. Since you'll get them either way, the cheapness of the next gigastation's first few buys shouldn't be involved in your decision of when to upgrade. The question is only whether the expensive warpstation pre-gigastation is worth it.

If you're going to look back after a few zones when you run out of Gigastations to buy and regret not buying those early warpstations, you might want to plan ahead and buy them when they're available.

I don't get it. Is there a point where you stop getting Giga upgrades?

I'm currently on Z76. I've currently gone up to nine warpstations @ 726K trimps. I've got a Giga, and plenty of metal and Gems to spend. I'm also 4.56M trimps away from a coordination.

I can buy 2 warpstations. I gain 1.4M trimps, and it's another 45 minutes of running Gem maps before I can buy another one. Nowhere near getting coordination.

Or I can Gigastation, then buy 7 warpstations at the reduced price. Next station I can buy in 20 minutes, if I want it.

Why wouldn't I Giga? Where's the advantage in waiting?

Peter Morris
11-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Or I can Gigastation, then buy 7 warpstations at the reduced price.

Meant to say, I get almost 8 million trimps, and a coordination from this.

Munch
11-28-2016, 07:35 PM
I don't get it. Is there a point where you stop getting Giga upgrades?
Yes. They appear in every zone from Z61-Z69. Then every two zones in the 70s, three zones in the 80s, five zones from Z95-Z170, then 10 zones from Z180-Z220. You probably aren't concerned about the high zones, but they get extremely limited, as early as the mid-70s - especially if you're spending them so quickly.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Let's try to make a simplified setup, say that you have only one gigastation upgrade available and you decide that you need to get a total of 100k trimps from these warpstations. This gives us two tables, one for the price and efficiency of warpstations initially, and one table for after we buy the one gigastation.
WS, metal price in Qa, cost per trimp in T
1 1. 100
2 1.4 140
3 1.96 196
4 2.74 274
5 3.84 384
6 5.38 538
7 7.53 753
8 10.5 1050
9 14.8 1480
Table for after one GS (price up 75%, capacity up 20%.) Buying the gigastation itself is the first entry on this table, as that can be thought of as including one warpstation with purchase.
1 1.75 146
2 3.06 255
3 5.36 447
4 9.38 782
5 16.4 1368
6 28.7 2396
7 50.3 4189
8 88.0 7330

Your two strategies are
A: buy whatever's cheapest per trimp at the moment, or
B: plan ahead and buy the cheapest combination from both tables that gets you over 100k.

With strategy A, you will buy the gigastation and switch over to the second table after the second warpstation, as a third warpstation costs 1.96 Qa metal while the gigastation is 1.75 Qa metal for 20% more population. In the end, to reach the 100k goal, you will buy [email protected] from table one and [email protected] from table 2. 104k trimps will cost you 117 Qa metal.

With strategy B, you will plan ahead and buy the combination that's cheapest overall rather than at the moment, buying 7 from table 1 and 3 from table 2, as that gets you over the 100k threshold while minimizing cost per trimp to under 777T. 106k trimps purchased this way will have cost you 34 Qa metal. Also, future growth over 106k trimps will be much cheaper starting at 4 in table 2 than starting at 8 in table 2 with strategy A.

In practice you'll get earlier production for earlier gigastation upgrades, so the best tactic is somewhere between the extremes of A and B.

Peter Morris
11-29-2016, 12:34 AM
I'll have to consider that after a night's sleep.

Is it worth doing the Decay challenge? It allows you to create Gardens in maps. What do Gardens do?

Some Call Me... Tim
11-29-2016, 02:01 AM
Ugh, I got all my numbers for table 2 wrong, the second column should be a flat 1.75 times the second column in table 1, instead I scaled up each step by 1.75 instead of 1.4.

Still, the overall message of cheaper in the long run to buy more than two from table 1 still holds, even if my details are off.

TruCelt
11-29-2016, 02:34 AM
I'll have to consider that after a night's sleep.

Is it worth doing the Decay challenge? It allows you to create Gardens in maps. What do Gardens do?

I am currently desperately trying to get this one finished. It's been at least four days now, and it's just irritating as all getout. I'm about halfway through zone 55 though. Maybe by tomorrow night?

The biggest problem in this one is your attack. You need to totally max out your production and power perks. Blockage is easy, but attack is miserable. My power is at 26, and it's nowhere near enough. I'm at 104T max damage and taking up to ten minutes to beat down opponents whose health is 40+Qa

Farming is useless, but I need the map bonus desperately. But it takes forever to get through a map even twice.

Do this one on a really busy week at work; choose a day/week when you'll really only have time to check in once a day to click upgrades.

:smack:

levdrakon
11-29-2016, 07:40 PM
How many times through the portal am I looking at to get to that point? I've portalled 6 times, my max level is z60 and I have level 12 carpentry.I've portaled 14 times now, and haven't really needed Wormholes for the last three or so, from what I remember. The first time I ran to Z60, I bought a whole 20 of them. Next run, nine I think. Next run after that, I bought two or three but really didn't need them. Don't need them now at all. Don't really need very many Gateways either. Those Carpentries are boss.

But, there is an achievement for owning 100 of all housing. That'll be expensive. Anyone gotten that yet? I'm curious how much He 100 WHs cost.

The Decay challenge wasn't bad for me. It's fast, and good to use for speed runs. My next challenge will be Electricity. I do whatever challenges I've unlocked plus a couple helium runs to help beef up a bit before my next long run, which will be at least to Z90 next time and who knows, maybe higher.

Telperion
11-29-2016, 08:24 PM
But, there is an achievement for owning 100 of all housing. That'll be expensive. Anyone gotten that yet? I'm curious how much He 100 WHs cost.

184K, apparently; it shows the cost if you mouse over it with a number selected. That is a lot of Helium, though. I think I might just about pull it off if I make a Daily challenge run to zone 90 or so, but then on the other hand I'd rather just keep the Helium for perks.

Telperion
11-29-2016, 08:35 PM
...Oh yeah, and on second thought keeping the Warpstation at level 0 would probably have to suck pretty bad too, I imagine.

On a different note, has anyone been able to get the Gallop to Doom achievement? My best time is 1:18 and I don't even know how I did that because every run since has taken longer, oddly enough.

USCDiver
11-29-2016, 09:02 PM
Is there a point where it isn't worth the Metal to upgrade equipment beyond level 1 if you have prestiges to work on too?

levdrakon
11-29-2016, 10:01 PM
...Oh yeah, and on second thought keeping the Warpstation at level 0 would probably have to suck pretty bad too, I imagine.

On a different note, has anyone been able to get the Gallop to Doom achievement? My best time is 1:18 and I don't even know how I did that because every run since has taken longer, oddly enough.

No, I missed Angry Racer by three minutes, and my best for Gallop to Doom is 1:50. I may try running Decay and going balls to the walls for those if they don't happen on their own.

manson1972
11-30-2016, 10:14 AM
I saw the new stuff in the latest update, things that happen AFTER zone 230+!! How long do you have to play this game to get that far? I've been playing for weeks and JUST cracked zone 100!

Knowed Out
11-30-2016, 11:25 AM
I've been playing since this thread opened in September and am currently working on zone 80. I don't recall how many times I've portaled (12 maybe?). I'm going to work on the Prison zone then respec. Maybe zones 80+ will take less time.

levdrakon
11-30-2016, 03:44 PM
I just bought Flutimp. They say fragments become useless later in the game, but so far I haven't found that to be the case, especially if you like to run Garden or Mountain maps, so we'll see if Flutimp helps. It seems to drop pretty frequently.

Peter Morris
11-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Who says Fragments are useless? You'll always need them to create maps, won't you?

What do garden maps do?

manson1972
11-30-2016, 04:06 PM
Who says Fragments are useless? You'll always need them to create maps, won't you?

I think so. But after a while, you will collect so many just from running maps for upgrades and/or attack bonus that the fragments will always just be there to create new maps

What do garden maps do?

It looks to me that they are just maps that offer every resource type instead of a particular one. Haven't really found much difference, unless the reward for each defeat is higher in the garden maps or something. I don't analyze the game too much to give you any greater detail than that.

levdrakon
11-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Who says Fragments are useless? You'll always need them to create maps, won't you?Exactly. Maps get really expensive. I just read that in the guide that they're unimportant. I don't agree with it. I usually skip maps every other level or so or I'd run out of fragments pretty quickly.

What do garden maps do?Garden maps drop a little of everything, but once you complete the Decay challenge, you can buy them instead of just hoping one will randomly drop, and they drop 25% more loot, so it's nice.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-30-2016, 05:21 PM
I am currently desperately trying to get this one finished. It's been at least four days now, and it's just irritating as all getout. I'm about halfway through zone 55 though. Maybe by tomorrow night?

The biggest problem in this one is your attack. You need to totally max out your production and power perks. Blockage is easy, but attack is miserable. My power is at 26, and it's nowhere near enough. I'm at 104T max damage and taking up to ten minutes to beat down opponents whose health is 40+Qa

Farming is useless, but I need the map bonus desperately. But it takes forever to get through a map even twice.

Do this one on a really busy week at work; choose a day/week when you'll really only have time to check in once a day to click upgrades.

:smack:

The thing about Decay is that the first ten minutes or so on a level are way faster than normal in attack and resource generation. If you wait to do the challenge until a normal level 55 would take you half an hour or less, than you should be able to finish every level faster than normal. So... my advice is to wait until you have more He and it'll be really easy.

If I recall correctly, I was doing the decay challenge when I realized I was in time to do Gallop. Decay is blazingly fast if you have the He spent.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-30-2016, 05:30 PM
184K, apparently; it shows the cost if you mouse over it with a number selected. That is a lot of Helium, though. I think I might just about pull it off if I make a Daily challenge run to zone 90 or so, but then on the other hand I'd rather just keep the Helium for perks.

Yeah, but you need 100 Warpstations and Gateways too. I'm doubtful you'd be able to get 100 Warpstations in a reasonable amount of time at zone 90. I'm guessing zone 120 or so would be a lower limit.

That said, I could do it on my current run but I'm thinking that 184k isn't worth it yet, even though I have a few million He total. I just unlocked the challenge that will allow me to buy resourceful, which is the perk to make structures like Warpstations at a discount, so I'm thinking I'll wait to get a few levels of that before buying that achievement.

Munch
12-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Yeah, but you need 100 Warpstations and Gateways too. I'm doubtful you'd be able to get 100 Warpstations in a reasonable amount of time at zone 90. I'm guessing zone 120 or so would be a lower limit.

Does it need 100 current Warpstations, or 100 total Warpstations? Because I've been doing 10+3, and am at Warp9 with 35 stations - 233 in total.

levdrakon
12-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Does it need 100 current Warpstations, or 100 total Warpstations? Because I've been doing 10+3, and am at Warp9 with 35 stations - 233 in total.
I'm pretty sure that would be too easy.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Yeah, my understanding is that it needs 100 current Warpstations.

USCDiver
12-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Is there a point where it isn't worth the Metal to upgrade equipment beyond level 1 if you have prestiges to work on too?

Reposting this since it seems to have slipped by.

BeepKillBeep
12-01-2016, 09:34 PM
I'm way behind you guys since I started well after you. Currently doing Scientist I challenge.

I'm finding that Relentless is very powerful when combined with Toughness. So long as your guys can survive a hit sooner or later you'll get a crit and cause a lot of damage.

glowacks
12-01-2016, 11:50 PM

Yes. It becomes pointless quite quickly to buy extra equipment because it ends up being a waste since it's not carried over to the next prestige level, and you don't even have enough metal to use all the prestiges you have access to.

levdrakon
12-02-2016, 02:49 PM

I saw your post, but really didn't have anything insightful to say. I just sort of go with the flow, more or less. At the beginning of a run I'm going too fast to bother with upgrades and just do prestiges. Then later in my run prestiges start getting expensive so I'll look at the time it takes to buy it. If it says 10 hours or a day or something, then upgrading is much cheaper. Is that the most cost effective and efficient in the long run? Probably not but upgrading equipment and continuing on brings the time it takes to afford the prestige way down. It might say "4 days" to afford the next Supershield, but bang out a few zones and it becomes "1 hour". More or less.

USCDiver
12-02-2016, 05:17 PM
I saw your post, but really didn't have anything insightful to say. I just sort of go with the flow, more or less. At the beginning of a run I'm going too fast to bother with upgrades and just do prestiges. Then later in my run prestiges start getting expensive so I'll look at the time it takes to buy it. If it says 10 hours or a day or something, then upgrading is much cheaper. Is that the most cost effective and efficient in the long run? Probably not but upgrading equipment and continuing on brings the time it takes to afford the prestige way down. It might say "4 days" to afford the next Supershield, but bang out a few zones and it becomes "1 hour". More or less.

Well, I guess what I'm looking at is all the metal upgrades. So I can wait 10 hours (less if I'm in a map) to get that prestige, or I can continue to perpetually upgrade my equipment and never have enough for the prestige.

levdrakon
12-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Well, I guess what I'm looking at is all the metal upgrades. So I can wait 10 hours (less if I'm in a map) to get that prestige, or I can continue to perpetually upgrade my equipment and never have enough for the prestige.As long as you're making progress on zones and buying more housing and trimps, the time it takes should eventually come down to something affordable. Your production speed goes up 25% per zone, and if you're got Meditation, you get more production from that.

Personally I wouldn't upgrade equipment past lvl 3 or 4, unless I was really stuck and couldn't make progress, or doing a challenge that doesn't let you buy prestiges or something. I think during a scientist challenge you end up upgrading to lvl 20 or 30 or some silly thing. buying too many upgrades will actually lower your stats when you do buy the prestige. Definitely don't go past lvl 10.

How is your metal production? They say metal eventually becomes most important, and they mean it. I've got my production ratio at about 1:1:3, and I'm slowly ramping up to 1:1:4, with metal being the 4.

I'm currently on Z68 and haven't had to buy upgrades yet. I get a little behind on prestiges, but only one level or so, so far. I'm also about to start falling behind of Coordinations. I think it's normal to start falling behind until things are so slow it isn't amusing anymore. Then portal and buy more Carpentry, Packrat, Motivation etc.

USCDiver
12-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Right, I definitely have to readjust my thinking here, for some reason I had it in my head that it was most effective to do sequential upgrades (i.e. Dagger 4, Boots 3, Mace 2, Helmet 1, etc) until one got to 10 then doing a Prestige. But occurs to me this is probably a huge waste of metal, especially early on when I can get a bunch of prestiges quickly while blowing through the lower Zones.

Munch
12-03-2016, 11:18 AM
My current run has gone on way too long. It got stuck during Thanksgiving because I couldn't log on, and I hadn't gotten autostorage yet - so that was 5 days down the drain. My 10+3 warps has been doing awesome, but I have a 5 Gigas in storage, and just want out. I'm on Z88, and want to make it to 90 before I reset - do I just burn all those Gigas much faster than I normally would to get there?

levdrakon
12-03-2016, 12:47 PM
My current run has gone on way too long. It got stuck during Thanksgiving because I couldn't log on, and I hadn't gotten autostorage yet - so that was 5 days down the drain. My 10+3 warps has been doing awesome, but I have a 5 Gigas in storage, and just want out. I'm on Z88, and want to make it to 90 before I reset - do I just burn all those Gigas much faster than I normally would to get there?
Two zones? Sure. If it's only two zones I'd consider firing workers and putting it all on miners. Blow everything.

levdrakon
12-03-2016, 09:10 PM
So, is there a set of Heirlooms considered to be best? I've got two carrying spots, and two rare shields and staffs, and enough Nulifium to start upgrading them.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-04-2016, 02:28 PM
As long as you're making progress on zones and buying more housing and trimps, the time it takes should eventually come down to something affordable. Your production speed goes up 25% per zone, and if you're got Meditation, you get more production from that.

Personally I wouldn't upgrade equipment past lvl 3 or 4, unless I was really stuck and couldn't make progress, or doing a challenge that doesn't let you buy prestiges or something. I think during a scientist challenge you end up upgrading to lvl 20 or 30 or some silly thing. buying too many upgrades will actually lower your stats when you do buy the prestige. Definitely don't go past lvl 10.

How is your metal production? They say metal eventually becomes most important, and they mean it. I've got my production ratio at about 1:1:3, and I'm slowly ramping up to 1:1:4, with metal being the 4.

I'm currently on Z68 and haven't had to buy upgrades yet. I get a little behind on prestiges, but only one level or so, so far. I'm also about to start falling behind of Coordinations. I think it's normal to start falling behind until things are so slow it isn't amusing anymore. Then portal and buy more Carpentry, Packrat, Motivation etc.

Oh, in Scientist IV and V you'll do upgrades into the upper 100s, really ridiculous. Challenges (and Achievements) are sort of their own beasts, you'll do all sorts of things that usually aren't efficient for them.

Barring those exceptions, I don't buy upgrades unless the price is totally trivial- by which I mean less than a second's worth of production. All resources spent on upgrades are lost when you prestige them. That metal (or wood) is better spent on prestiges. I'll occasionally buy one or two on the very last zone or two before portalling, if I plan never to prestige again that game.

On production, realize that by level 10 or so the price to move workers between the first four jobs is utterly trivial. If you have a turkimp buff active, it's best to have all basic workers (those in those first four jobs) in one category and yourself working that category, as then all your workers get +50% production. Need both metal and food? Spending half the time with everyone in food and half with everyone in metal is better than splitting. Levels 15-65 or so I'll usually spend more time on food than metal(my dragimp needs tribute!), later levels go to all metal.

It's totally normal and expected to fall behind on Coordination levels. My coordination upgrade button shows 111(+31) at the moment.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-04-2016, 03:14 PM

I'd go to a +0 schedule for a while and see if buying some quicker gigastations speeds things up enough that you'd want to continue. Zone 100 is a night-and-day change, for example completing the Frugal challenge thereafter gives you so much more production, for example +600% or so at Z88. Plus you'd get access to daily challenges.

That being said, it's only a game and if you're not having fun with your current game you should portal and do the more fun quicker early game stuff.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-04-2016, 03:27 PM
So, is there a set of Heirlooms considered to be best? I've got two carrying spots, and two rare shields and staffs, and enough Nulifium to start upgrading them.

I'd probably by a few of the cheaper carrying slots. I haven't done much upgrading, except to add stats to blank slots (which is much cheaper than overwriting, by the way)

For a staff, you really want one that gives +metal drop rate and +miner efficiency, and something else good for the third spot, possibly food drops but it's not yet time to be picky. You might want to have a similar food/farmer staff and wood/lumberjack staff in reserve.

For a shield, I'm quite keen on the +void map drops statistic. More damage is always good, though the statistics are heavily weighted +Trimp attack >> +Crit damage >> + Crit chance. I like to have a good block shield available, and both direct block and trainer efficiency are good for that...though the wiki doesn't seem to agree with me on the usefulness of block. Block is awesome for difficult maps in my opinion, like void maps or unique maps.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Oh, one last postscript on the Realtor achievement- the hidden Holey achievement is also available for spending 250k on Wormholes. You'll be most of the way to another +10% achievement by getting Realtor.

glowacks
12-04-2016, 09:01 PM
If you have a turkimp buff active, it's best to have all basic workers (those in those first four jobs) in one category and yourself working that category, as then all your workers get +50% production. Need both metal and food? Spending half the time with everyone in food and half with everyone in metal is better than splitting.

I don't know about anyone else, but I try to be as hands-off as possible. The time that I would have guys assigned to a turkimp buff would be pretty small given that I only check on the game every few hours or so, and then they would be left disproportionately distributed until I came back again for only *at most* 25 minutes of a buff. I really don't care much about overall speed, but the ratio of progress to time spent playing. The more time one spends playing, the less progress one makes per unit time devoted, since so much of the progress is through autobattling and collecting. Only for the first hour or so of each run will I stay focused on it, and that means I only portal when I have the free time to devote to start the next run, which might mean hanging in a run that's not particularly generating good He/hr just because it would be worse to leave it unattended right after portalling. Autostorage being moved right about to the level I was at was a huge boon too, allowing me to not have to dedicate so much of my resource pool to storage every time, and allowing it to be taken out as needed.

Peter Morris
12-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Has anyone managed the Survivor feat?

"Beat a Lv60+ Destructive void map with no deaths.
Reward +10% damage."

I spent ages buffing up enough to tackle this. Eventually when I was tough enough, I ran a void map at level 80. I beat it, without losing a single point of health. But no 10% reward. I don't get it.

I then ran three other maps, and beat two of them without damage. Still no reward.

I don't get it.

Knowed Out
12-06-2016, 02:47 PM

I'm doing Electricity, where I'm maxing out Birth Rate to compensate for the debuff. My staff is +Birth Rate and something else. +1% makes a huge difference.

levdrakon
12-06-2016, 03:50 PM

Reward +10% damage."

I spent ages buffing up enough to tackle this. Eventually when I was tough enough, I ran a void map at level 80. I beat it, without losing a single point of health. But no 10% reward. I don't get it.

I then ran three other maps, and beat two of them without damage. Still no reward.

I don't get it.

Well, there are four prefixes (and four suffixes) to void map names and types. It would say Destructive in its name. You could get Deadly, Poisonous, Heinous, or Destructive. Maybe you haven't gotten a Destructive yet.

I'm doing Electricity, where I'm maxing out Birth Rate to compensate for the debuff. My staff is +Birth Rate and something else. +1% makes a huge difference.Haven't seen a birth rate heirloom. I'm doing Electricity too. I'm on Z72. With Venimp and some nurseries it really hasn't been much of a big deal. It's a little slower than usual because the enemies can kill me no matter what, but my breed time is faster than they can kill me so no biggie.

Peter Morris
12-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Well, there are four prefixes (and four suffixes) to void map names and types. It would say Destructive in its name. You could get Deadly, Poisonous, Heinous, or Destructive. Maybe you haven't gotten a Destructive yet.

Ah, I've not particularly noticed the names. Do any of the other names mean anything?

levdrakon
12-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Ah, I've not particularly noticed the names. Do any of the other names mean anything?

Yes, all the names mean something: http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Maps

USCDiver
12-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Once an achievement has a red flag can you still potentially go back and get it?

Some Call Me... Tim
12-07-2016, 01:44 AM

Reward +10% damage."

I don't get it.

I've done it. As others have mentioned, you weren't on a Destructive map.

On a Destructive map, you lose 20% of your current health every time an enemy attacks. To elaborate on the rules of this, even if you don't take any other damage, when this constant multiplication by 80% takes your Trimp HP below one, the stack dies.

So you have to both get your block up high enough to never take direct damage, AND get your damage output up enough to kill your enemies quickly.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-07-2016, 01:49 AM
Once an achievement has a red flag can you still potentially go back and get it?

I'm not totally sure about the color scheme, but as far as I'm aware achievements don't become permanently unobtainable. I think they change color from yellow to red when you can no longer obtain them in your current run, but will go yellow again when you portal.

Knowed Out
12-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Haven't seen a birth rate heirloom. I'm doing Electricity too. I'm on Z72. With Venimp and some nurseries it really hasn't been much of a big deal. It's a little slower than usual because the enemies can kill me no matter what, but my breed time is faster than they can kill me so no biggie.

You can always replace a modifier with another one, but it costs six times the heirloom's worth.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-07-2016, 12:06 PM
If you happen to have an heirloom with an empty slot, you can add your choice of modifier for 'just' 2x, rather than the 6x replacement cost.

levdrakon
12-07-2016, 02:07 PM
You can always replace a modifier with another one, but it costs six times the heirloom's worth.

If you happen to have an heirloom with an empty slot, you can add your choice of modifier for 'just' 2x, rather than the 6x replacement cost.

Yeah, I've gotten heirloom's with an empty slot. I thought, "what do I need that for?" and recycled 'em. :D I was also poking around the FAQ and discovered there are levels of heirlooms beyond rare, so it's probably early to think about upgrading too much.

Another question: I'm doing the Electricity challenge but am also thinking about trying to go for Z100, so would I get more helium by doing my Void maps at Z79 and letting them double, or get more helium by waiting for Z100?

Some Call Me... Tim
12-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Another question: I'm doing the Electricity challenge but am also thinking about trying to go for Z100, so would I get more helium by doing my Void maps at Z79 and letting them double, or get more helium by waiting for Z100?

Z100. Base, unmodified He for a void map at Z79 is 17752. Base, unmodified He for a void map at Z100 is 39482. Plus you're two whole brackets higher on the heirloom table.

Peter Morris
12-07-2016, 05:00 PM
But if you're doing the electricity challenge, you get an additional 1.5 times the helium after completion. So that would be 44380 at 79.

Plus, it will be much easier at 79 than 100. Might be too tough at the limits of a run. I've had to abandon void maps after leaving it too late.

Are those numbers correct? I've done void maps at 80, and didn't get anywhere near 17752. What are the modifiers reducing it?

USCDiver
12-07-2016, 09:06 PM
I just portalled and I was kicking ass, looking like I was going to finally get The Block cleared in under an hour... then I realized I was doing the Scientist II challenge and got totally hosed on all those Snimps and Gorillimps... spent more than an hour on just the second half of The Block map

levdrakon
12-07-2016, 09:37 PM
I just portalled and I was kicking ass, looking like I was going to finally get The Block cleared in under an hour... then I realized I was doing the Scientist II challenge and got totally hosed on all those Snimps and Gorillimps... spent more than an hour on just the second half of The Block mapThe only challenge I ever totally hosed up was the first Scientist challenge. Didn't read the instructions.

Soon as I make Z90 I'll unlock Scientist III.

USCDiver
12-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I was following the guide, so I knew I'd get there eventually but chipping away at those Snimps with barely enough Blk + Health was tedious. Definitely not for the speed runs!

Some Call Me... Tim
12-07-2016, 11:59 PM
But if you're doing the electricity challenge, you get an additional 1.5 times the helium after completion. So that would be 44380 at 79.

Plus, it will be much easier at 79 than 100. Might be too tough at the limits of a run. I've had to abandon void maps after leaving it too late.

Are those numbers correct? I've done void maps at 80, and didn't get anywhere near 17752. What are the modifiers reducing it?

Ugh, yep, I screwed up and used the wrong column from here (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Helium). That's the sum total to that point column, not the single level.

So, void maps are double the Improbability of the zone, and also I should have double-checked levdrakon's mention that Electricity doubled Helium, you're right that's a total of +150% rather than doubling.

So... showing more of my work this time so you all can see any remaining errors, per the wiki L79 Improbability is 437 He while L100 is 591. In run, doubling for void maps would mean that L79 Electricity is 437 x 2 x 2.5 = 2185 He while L100 would be 591 x 2 = 1182 He.

It's still true that heirloom drops in the 60-79 bracket average a lot worse than those in the 100-124 bracket, which may also be a factor in the decision.

levdrakon
12-08-2016, 12:10 AM
Actually, I checked too and it's 2.5 times the helium. I went ahead and did them, but now I have another void. :)

It took 4 days to get to Z80. I'm thinking that's too slow, so I think I'm just going to go to Z90, unlock that challenge and do it some more. Once I get to Z100 and unlock dailies, it would be nice if I could actually do a daily in one day.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Dailies are really awesome, now more than half of my HE has come from them. Since you can decide the zone to end the daily on, you can always finish in a day :)

They're only the second best part of Z100, though: Frugal is a total game-changer. At Z90 it would multiply your base type production by more than a factor of six.

You're right that 4 days to 80 is still probably too slow to get to Z100. Something to look forward to, though.

Knowed Out
12-09-2016, 03:21 PM
It took 4 days to get to Z80. I'm thinking that's too slow, so I think I'm just going to go to Z90, unlock that challenge and do it some more. Once I get to Z100 and unlock dailies, it would be nice if I could actually do a daily in one day.

I put some He into Agility, which makes the clock run faster, so all that slogging gets done a lot quicker. The first 40-50 levels took maybe an hour.

levdrakon
12-09-2016, 04:55 PM
I still can't clear Trimple of Doom in less than an hour, so not fast enough yet. I have 8 on Agility. I'll just run Electricity some more.

Munch
12-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Agility maxed out is 2626 He - seems like a quality of life expenditure that I'm happy to pay.

Telperion
12-09-2016, 11:15 PM
I finally got Trimple of Doom down under an hour a few days ago, and also got the Prison down to 5:35 so that was a really nice run. Getting through that under four hours still seems quite impossible, however.

levdrakon
12-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Yeah yeah, just let me do Electricity 10 more times.

Knowed Out
12-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Electricity 10 more times? I'm still working on my first time. I re-specced after spending forever on zone 65, but even with birth rate almost at the point of being instantaneous, I'm still slogging in the upper 60s.

Peter Morris
12-13-2016, 11:40 AM
I've not done an Electricity. Is it worth it?

I'm currently doing my third Daily. Looks like you get a lot more bonus with less or the same effort.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Once they become available, most dailies are much better than electricity. If you're in the 80-99 range of highest zone electricity they might be a good option, though personally I sorta skipped that range. (I did later do Mapocalypse, which includes electricity.)

Supposedly the first non-daily helium challenge that's 'worth it' after dailies become available at 100 is Toxicity, but I'm not quite there yet. I think this is related to the fact that dailies were added after the other challenges.

levdrakon
12-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Electricity 10 more times? I'm still working on my first time. I re-specced after spending forever on zone 65, but even with birth rate almost at the point of being instantaneous, I'm still slogging in the upper 60s.I do three or four Voids on Z79 then finish Electricity and get over 75K helium, which buys lots of perks. I'm not really going to do it 10 times. I did it a second time, then did Scientist III, then a third time. It only took a little over a day this last time and I'm still on that run, headed towards Z100.

I've not done an Electricity. Is it worth it?

I'm currently doing my third Daily. Looks like you get a lot more bonus with less or the same effort.Depends if the helium is worth it to you, but if you're doing dailies then prolly not. It's pissed me off that while doing Electricity I've gotten about five Destructive void maps but couldn't get the achieve for doing them without losing any trimps, because you ALWAYS lose trimps on Electricity.

Arcite
12-14-2016, 04:10 PM
OK, what's the trick to Electricity? I tried it once, and it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R just to get to The Prison. I tried to keep my breed speed as fast as possible, but without the damage boost from Anticipation, my Trimps wouldn't do much damage before getting killed--and without geneticists to boost health, they would get killed really quickly. What am I doing wrong? The wiki page says to try to avoid buying Coordinations, is that the trick?

levdrakon
12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
OK, what's the trick to Electricity? I tried it once, and it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R just to get to The Prison. I tried to keep my breed speed as fast as possible, but without the damage boost from Anticipation, my Trimps wouldn't do much damage before getting killed--and without geneticists to boost health, they would get killed really quickly. What am I doing wrong? The wiki page says to try to avoid buying Coordinations, is that the trick?I left auto upgrade on and bought all my Coordinations as they came. It doesn't seem to make more than a couple second's worth of breed difference. I just bought nurseries as needed. Not sure what to tell you. Do you have Resilience? Health doesn't seem like a big deal since the enemy trimps kill you anyway. It's mostly breed speed and attack damage I guess. It really wasn't much slower than a regular run to Z80. I mostly buy dmg prestiges and let the health upgrades fall behind a level or two.

TruCelt
12-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Please help me to understand Gigastations. I'm to increase the cost by 75% in order to increase the capacity by 20%? And if I hold down control it will then buy more warpstations to double the amount I currently own at the new 75% higher cost - if I can afford it?

How is this a good deal?

Johnny Bravo
12-15-2016, 09:45 PM
When you buy a gigastation, it resets you to a single gigastation with the new stats (you don't lose trimps, though). That means better capacity and a higher base cost.

So while before you were at, say, 20 gigastations with the next one costing a bajallion gems and metal, now you're at 1 gigastation with the next one costing substantially less.

Johnny Bravo
12-15-2016, 10:03 PM
That might've been unclear.

In other words, the next time you've got a bunch of warpstations and can't afford the next one, ctrl-click the gigastation button and watch what happens. It's definitely worth it.

TruCelt
12-15-2016, 10:20 PM
That might've been unclear.

In other words, the next time you've got a bunch of warpstations and can't afford the next one, ctrl-click the gigastation button and watch what happens. It's definitely worth it.

Aha! Now I get it. Thanks!

Arcite
12-15-2016, 10:32 PM
I left auto upgrade on and bought all my Coordinations as they came. It doesn't seem to make more than a couple second's worth of breed difference. I just bought nurseries as needed. Not sure what to tell you. Do you have Resilience? Health doesn't seem like a big deal since the enemy trimps kill you anyway. It's mostly breed speed and attack damage I guess. It really wasn't much slower than a regular run to Z80. I mostly buy dmg prestiges and let the health upgrades fall behind a level or two.

Yeah, I have Resilience. Maybe I'll try it again, but I wound up pushing to 100 partially in order to get daily challenges, and if they keep being as good as the one I'm on now, which is:

Enemies stack a debuff with each attack, reducing Trimp attack by 4% per stack. Stacks cap at 9 and reset on Trimp death.
Your Trimps lose 5% of their max health after each attack.
Challenge has no end point, and grants an additional 297% of all helium earned before finishing.

then I don't think Electricity will be worth it anymore. Those handicaps are more more mild than what happens in Electricity, and the helium is more.

levdrakon
12-16-2016, 09:30 PM
The Daily I'm doing at the moment only gives 163% vs. Electricity giving 250%. Guess it depends on the daily.

Munch
12-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Ugh. I'm having a hard time setting my perks up. I'm currently slogging through my Z90 void maps before I reset, and it's going to take forever to get through them without something drastic happening. I didn't have a problem last reset, so it's clearly something to do with my perks. The Trimps guide isn't all that easy to follow, and there are calculators online, but they seem to be outdated. Anyone have a good rule of thumb? I'd guess there are good ways to set up for starting a new reset, as well as for maximizing void maps (and other things). Help would be greatly appreciated.

Rhodes
12-17-2016, 03:06 PM
I tried for Survivor a couple weeks ago on a Lvl 75 Destructive map after abandoning the map. I was successful but didn't get the achievement. I guess you have to beat it first try.

Today I got the achievement on a Lvl 80 Destructive. I spent yesterday afternoon running Mountain maps for weapons and coordination. After a while all the imps were killed with a single hit, so I got a LOT of loot. Jestimps help a lot too. For some reason I get 4 minutes of production from a Jestimp, and I was killing a couple of Jestimps per minute. Then I ran Forest maps while I slept. This morning I ran through the Destructive Void in D formation and got Survivor, and then as a surprise bonus I got an achievement for killing the Zone 80 Improbability in a single hit.

levdrakon
12-17-2016, 05:12 PM
A cold snap has brought snow to the Trimp homeworld! All non-mutated world cells have some snow, which is purely visual. Presimpts have returned and can be found randomly in the world! Presimpts drop basic resources, or if you're lucky and have been good this year, a bone.

Not sure what to say about perks. I've been wondering about it too. Are the online calculators really out of date? I was thinking of trying one. The wikis are confusing. They say, "this should be 1/16 of that, and that should be 1/8th of this, and this should be 1/something of this other thing. I'd like to find something that just said, if you have x He, your perks should be thus.

Still don't have that achieve for a lvl 60 Destructive Void map. I keep getting Destructives but I'm never on a run where I could do it. Just got the Elite Feat yesterday but wasn't even trying.

Just got a bone from a Presimpt. Four more bones and I can buy Titimp, and then I'll have all my imports.

Peter Morris
12-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Ugh. I'm having a hard time setting my perks up. I'm currently slogging through my Z90 void maps before I reset, and it's going to take forever to get through them without something drastic happening..

Why did you wait to Z90 to do the void maps?

If you ran them at Z80, it would have bee a lot easier to beat. You'd get exactly the same heirloom, and only a little less helium. I find it's best to do them ASAP after the percentages level up.

Peter Morris
12-18-2016, 06:50 AM
Pumpkimps!

Presimpts

Munch
12-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Why did you wait to Z90 to do the void maps?
Because I'm an idiot, and I was unaware of that. Z90 voids proved impossible - so I reset.

TruCelt
12-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Snow!

levdrakon
12-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Ok, so I'm on Z108 and doing okay. Things are slow now, but doable. I was able to do all my Voids on Z100. I have plenty of block and health, but my dmg keeps dropping further and further behind the enemy. I guess adding to the Power perk is the only way to improve that?

I'm still doing a daily from two days ago that gives 437% He bonus, so this should be my largest helium haul yet, by far.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-23-2016, 08:22 PM
Ok, so I'm on Z108 and doing okay. Things are slow now, but doable. I was able to do all my Voids on Z100. I have plenty of block and health, but my dmg keeps dropping further and further behind the enemy. I guess adding to the Power perk is the only way to improve that?

I'm still doing a daily from two days ago that gives 437% He bonus, so this should be my largest helium haul yet, by far.

Congrats on 100!
I assume you've done Frugal already if you're doing dailies- if not, do that asap. You'd be getting 18 times the gathering speed with it than without at zone 108. In general the more production you have the earlier you get prestiges and the faster you level.

The other main thing to keep you on curve damagewise will be to be able to buy more levels of coordination. The 25% bonus per level compounds rapidly. Carpentry and later the Coordinated perk will be keys here.

Oh. and it was about at your stage that I began taking the farming of maps for resources seriously. Once you have the appropriate bone imps your resource production will be much faster in maps than in zones. More resources -> more prestiges -> faster leveling.

It does get faster. A little while ago I finished Bionic Wonderland in 2:31, missing the top achievement by a minute...

levdrakon
12-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Congrats on 100!
I assume you've done Frugal already if you're doing dailies- if not, do that asap. You'd be getting 18 times the gathering speed with it than without at zone 108. In general the more production you have the earlier you get prestiges and the faster you level.

The other main thing to keep you on curve damagewise will be to be able to buy more levels of coordination. The 25% bonus per level compounds rapidly. Carpentry and later the Coordinated perk will be keys here.

Oh. and it was about at your stage that I began taking the farming of maps for resources seriously. Once you have the appropriate bone imps your resource production will be much faster in maps than in zones. More resources -> more prestiges -> faster leveling.

It does get faster. A little while ago I finished Bionic Wonderland in 2:31, missing the top achievement by a minute...

Bionic Wonderland? Wow that's awesome. I haven't even gotten there yet.

I made it to 120. Didn't intend to, but I got busy with RL stuff and just let the game run. So, now I've got Scientist IV, Mapocalypse and Coordinate to do. Fun stuff. It sure does get faster.

And yeah, I've noticed that I get by far the most resources from running maps. Closing the game overnight doesn't earn that much compared to letting it run maps for a couple hours.

USCDiver
12-30-2016, 09:24 AM
I finally limped into Z75, desperate to complete a Void map to get Auto Storage... but this may take a week!

Rhodes
12-30-2016, 03:08 PM
I finally limped into Z75, desperate to complete a Void map to get Auto Storage... but this may take a week!
Auto Storage is great to have. It'll be worth it.

The void probably won't take too long, though. Make sure you get Gymystic in cell 45 or 55, and then run a forest or garden map on Repeat Forever for a few hours to buy gyms. Maybe fire some farmers and get some lumberjacks first. Try to get your Health + Block above a septillion before entering the void. If you can block the entire hit, then the void imps' special abilities won't affect you. Gyms are less valuable in most 60+ zones, but with Gymystic the maps (including voids) get really easy in zones 75 and 100 (and I assume 125, but I'm not there yet).

Rhodes
12-30-2016, 03:24 PM
I just bought the last Exotic Imp-ort. Now what should I spend bones on?

levdrakon
12-30-2016, 03:52 PM
I just bought the last Exotic Imp-ort. Now what should I spend bones on?
Bone Portals, from what I've read. I have enough to buy one but I think I'll wait for awhile.

Sofis
12-30-2016, 09:34 PM
I've been saving mine up with the intent of buying heirlooms once I reach zone 201.

Portals don't quite seem worth it when I can get much more helium from a good daily challenge, but mostly I don't like them because I can always get more helium for the bones if I wait a while longer, while heirlooms eventually max out. :)

glowacks
12-30-2016, 10:28 PM
I've been saving mine up with the intent of buying heirlooms once I reach zone 201.

Portals don't quite seem worth it when I can get much more helium from a good daily challenge, but mostly I don't like them because I can always get more helium for the bones if I wait a while longer, while heirlooms eventually max out. :)

But if you buy bone portals now, you can spend the helium on perks that increase your speed of helium accumulation. Ok, it won't get you heirlooms, but that's my philosophy on buying bone portals fairly soon after I get enough bones for them. As I type this I'm on a Crushed run since it offers the highest amount of helium for where I'm at outside of the daily, as the daily doesn't count towards bone portals. I'll probably be buying two portals immediately after, depending on how well the presimpts drop bones.

glowacks
12-30-2016, 10:34 PM

Coordinated seems really, really expensive, at least at the level of helium I have, compared to the minuscule benefit it has per level. I can get a lot more perks that actually help me all the time for the amount I would need to spend to get a 25% attack/health boost 2% of the time. Or am I misunderstanding what exactly it does? Yes, once I get enough helium that the other perks aren't as efficient it will be a quite nice way to use helium, but it might be awhile before that happens.

Sofis
12-30-2016, 10:55 PM
Or am I misunderstanding what exactly it does?

Probably, or you're underestimating how much reducing the scaling factor of coordination adds up over a run. Let me give a very concrete example. Right now in my current run I have 111 coordination upgrades. The size of my battle group, with 8 levels of Coordinated, is 8.11B. Without any levels of Coordinated, it would have to have been 192B. So in other words, my trimps are fighting as if they were a force more than twenty times as large. Putting that amount of helium (1.22M) in direct health or attack wouldn't have gotten me even a doubling of power, I don't think.

Fair warning though: the very first level of Coordinated was underwhelming. By the time I got to the end of that run I think I had only one extra coordination. But the way coordinations round the number of trimps up every step means there are boundary effects that make some levels of Coordination more or less powerful than others, and I think the first one is one of the least useful ones; the effect was very noticeable even with just two levels.

Sofis
12-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Correction: 1.22M is the cost of my next level of Coordinated. Total spent is 3.58M.

glowacks
12-30-2016, 11:43 PM
OK, what's the trick to Electricity? I tried it once, and it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R just to get to The Prison. I tried to keep my breed speed as fast as possible, but without the damage boost from Anticipation, my Trimps wouldn't do much damage before getting killed--and without geneticists to boost health, they would get killed really quickly. What am I doing wrong? The wiki page says to try to avoid buying Coordinations, is that the trick?

Yes, it does make some amount of sense to avoid buying Coordinations while on Electricity, as the amount that your breed timer increases is greater than 25% (a consequence of exponential breeding) while your damage output goes up only 25%. Thus, if your Trimps are dying at the same speed (5 hits), it doesn't help to get more Coordinations. However, eventually you can get enough Nurseries that you can keep the breed timer to below 2 seconds, which is about how long the Trimps last at max Agility. It is rather annoying right after the planet breaks when you're severely hurting for more breed speed to have to decide while you're not actively playing between reading useless Coordinations and not reading the very important Mega-Resource books.

I personally found it not particularly hard, although like all the helium challenges I didn't try them until I could comfortably get to the end point of the challenge while unencumbered. Eventually you'll get to level 100 and the daily will be far more lucrative though, although you'll want to do one long run with Electricity for the size of your Bone Portal until you get Crushed. My best Electricity portal was 150k, and now after finishing the challenge part of Crushed I'm over 400k (though much of that is the bonus from finishing Scientist V) and looking to see how long I can push this run.

glowacks
12-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Probably, or you're underestimating how much reducing the scaling factor of coordination adds up over a run. Let me give a very concrete example. Right now in my current run I have 111 coordination upgrades. The size of my battle group, with 8 levels of Coordinated, is 8.11B. Without any levels of Coordinated, it would have to have been 192B. So in other words, my trimps are fighting as if they were a force more than twenty times as large. Putting that amount of helium (1.22M) in direct health or attack wouldn't have gotten me even a doubling of power, I don't think.

Fair warning though: the very first level of Coordinated was underwhelming. By the time I got to the end of that run I think I had only one extra coordination. But the way coordinations round the number of trimps up every step means there are boundary effects that make some levels of Coordination more or less powerful than others, and I think the first one is one of the least useful ones; the effect was very noticeable even with just two levels.

I guess I don't see how .98 ^ 8 even comes close to 8.11/192, so even with boundary effects there's something about the calculation I don't understand.

glowacks
12-30-2016, 11:56 PM
Ok, I guess the 2% reduction must apply for every Coordination book? That is, the next level always takes (.98 ^ Coordinated level ) * 1.25 * the amount that it took to read the previous book, not just (.98 ^ Coordinated level ) * 1.25 * the amount it originally took before applying Coordinated. I assumed it was the latter.

Sofis
12-31-2016, 12:01 AM
The perk doesn't apply to the size of your fighting group directly, it applies to the increase from the upgrade. So with eight levels of the perk, each coordination upgrade increases the size of my fighting force by 25% * 0.98^8 = 21.269%. This means that after 111 coordinations, my fighting group is approximately (1.21269/1.25)^111 = 0.035 times smaller. The rounding at each step means the actual fighting group size multiplier is 0.042 instead, but I'd call that good enough.

On preview: yes, exactly.

Some Call Me... Tim
12-31-2016, 12:27 AM

I bought golden maps once, it's decent but not dramatic. I may do that again when I do a multi-RL-day deep dive. I'm letting the bones mostly stack up, but from what I understand the Toxicity and later the Lead challenges the way to go if you're planning to buy portals from the bone trader. They're both said to be competitive with the better challenges in terms of helium gained, plus the bone trader would give you the full amount with the multiplier, unlike a daily.

I'm about to start on a Toxicity run, to be followed by heading deeper (currently deepest for me is Z171.) Toxicity gives a x3 multiplier base, but the stacking buff can also give another +225% on top of that, for a total of 975% (like a +875% daily). The downside is you'd have to attack 1500 times in each zone to get your buff up to that multiplier. Lead is simpler, 3.5x for everything, plus all even zones have that doubled to 7x. Also competitive with the better dailies (assuming that's the approximate depth you're doing dailies to.)

glowacks
12-31-2016, 04:24 PM
The perk doesn't apply to the size of your fighting group directly, it applies to the increase from the upgrade. So with eight levels of the perk, each coordination upgrade increases the size of my fighting force by 25% * 0.98^8 = 21.269%. This means that after 111 coordinations, my fighting group is approximately (1.21269/1.25)^111 = 0.035 times smaller. The rounding at each step means the actual fighting group size multiplier is 0.042 instead, but I'd call that good enough.

On preview: yes, exactly.

Well, I didn't have it quite right in my formula, but I did figure it out to be what you mentioned after buying it and trying to reconcile my calculations with what I was seeing. I was applying the .98 ^ X to the entire amount, not just to the 25% increase, which made it seem a whole lot better. It's not quite as good as I thought it was going to be, but it's still decent.

glowacks
12-31-2016, 04:29 PM
The reason I thought the decrease didn't just apply to the amount that it was increasing is that the perk says that it decreases the number of Trimps needed to read each level, not decreases the amount of the increase.

Peter Morris
12-31-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm baffled by this explanation. Decrease the amount of increase? Say what?

Some Call Me... Tim
01-01-2017, 01:34 AM
I'm baffled by this explanation. Decrease the amount of increase? Say what?

I'll give it a shot...

Normally, when you buy a level of coordination, the number of Trimps in your fighting group increases by 25% (rounding up) from however many Trimps were in your fighting group before the purchase. Similarly, the attack, block, and hp of your forces scales up with this +25%, as does the number of total Trimps required to purchase the next level of Coordination.

Now, what Coordinate does is multiply that +25% by .98 to the power of whatever level Coordinate is at, except for the attack, block, and HP which continue at the original +25% bonus amount.

So, with Coordinate 12, instead of +25% more Trimps each level of Coordination requires only 25% x (.9812) = +19.6% (rounded up) more than the previous level did. I use Coordination 12 as an example because that's where it crosses the +20% threshold and is therefore a sort of milestone.

Ignoring the rounding, this is effectively lowering the base of the exponential growth. Coordination 100 was 1.25100 Trimps, with Coordinate 12 it's only 1.196100. When you stop ignoring the rounding it gets trickier to calculate and is a bit more, but it's still a big difference.

levdrakon
01-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Boy, things are getting expensive. I have Syphonology and Coordinated now, and they're pricey, while also trying to keep Carpentry at 50% of my helium.

Some Call Me... Tim
01-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Coordinated was where I broke with the 50% rule to sort of '50% after coordinated is bought' rule. I'm spending a bit more total on coordinated than I am on carpentry at the moment, and I'm not even up to the Truth guide's suggestion that I should buy coordinated until each level costs 2-3x a level of Carpentry.

Siphonology is an oddball, though it's a short-term problem as you can only buy three levels of it so over time it'll become a small and ignored expense.

levdrakon
01-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Coordinated was where I broke with the 50% rule to sort of '50% after coordinated is bought' rule. I'm spending a bit more total on coordinated than I am on carpentry at the moment, and I'm not even up to the Truth guide's suggestion that I should buy coordinated until each level costs 2-3x a level of Carpentry.

Siphonology is an oddball, though it's a short-term problem as you can only buy three levels of it so over time it'll become a small and ignored expense.
I was relieved when I saw Syphonology was only three levels.

that's crazy about Coordinated. Yikes, I'm going to be doing a crap ton of dailies.

Telperion
01-03-2017, 03:20 PM
I unlocked the Bionic Magnet mastery a while back since I thought it seemed convenient not to have to do those maps manually, but it doesn't seem to be working. The Bionic Wonderland map is still green after I finish the corresponding zone, and it doesn't unlock the next map.

Some Call Me... Tim
01-03-2017, 06:41 PM
I haven't had a problem with Bionic... when I complete one, it turns red and another one spawns 15 levels higher that is green. Are you sure the one you completed isn't red and hiding among the rest of the red, with you mistaking the new one for the old?

Sofis
01-03-2017, 07:05 PM
I believe the key term in that post was "Bionic Magnet mastery". :)

Telperion, I believe you're the only one that's mentioned masteries in the thread so far, so it may be that no one else has any insight (or maybe there's a score of lurkers laughing at us noobs). I only know they're a thing that exists because I've seen them referenced in the update notes and the wiki's table of contents. I've been avoiding reading up on parts of the game I haven't unlocked yet.

Some Call Me... Tim
01-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Ah, yeah. I'm not to masteries either. That being said, I think the Mastery only makes the Bionic Wonderland map available immediately on entering Z125, rather than having to do a 125+ map for it. I don't think it effects subsequent BW maps.

Telperion
01-04-2017, 02:26 AM
It really seems like it should, though. "Automatically pick up each level of Bionic Wonderland as you pass that zone, as long as you already have any available ones before that zone." Although "pick up" is a bit confusing, as the other masteries explicitly say they unlock map upgrades.

If it's just supposed to make the Bionic Wonderland maps available after finishing the corresponding zone that's substantially less useful than I had hoped, but on the other hand I really didn't think it was even possible to unlock the next level of Bionic Wonderland without somehow finishing the previous one based on how it's worked so far.

glowacks
01-05-2017, 06:51 PM
I can confirm that Realtor requires 100 current Warpstations, not 100 total. I wasn't aiming for it, but when I had nearly a million helium after the daily (the necessary Wormholes cost 183k I think) and was up to 90 Warpstations per upgrade, I figured I might as well postpone things a little to be able to get that damage boost as well as see if I got the achievement when I bought the 100 Wormholes or when I bought the 100th Warpstation at that upgrade level.

Rhodes
01-05-2017, 07:33 PM
I can confirm that Realtor requires 100 current Warpstations, not 100 total. I wasn't aiming for it, but when I had nearly a million helium after the daily (the necessary Wormholes cost 183k I think) and was up to 90 Warpstations per upgrade, I figured I might as well postpone things a little to be able to get that damage boost as well as see if I got the achievement when I bought the 100 Wormholes or when I bought the 100th Warpstation at that upgrade level.

There's also a hidden achievement called Holey for "Spend over 250k total He on Wormholes." I'm not sure if the whole 250k has to be spent in one run, or if it counts all wormholed He. If it's the latter, then you're almost there!

Some Call Me... Tim
01-05-2017, 09:00 PM

If you have some levels of Resourceful it may be less than the advertised 183k. (I spent 139k)

Though that may not matter if you're going for the [spoiler] achievement.

Arcite
01-06-2017, 06:55 PM
But if you buy bone portals now, you can spend the helium on perks that increase your speed of helium accumulation. Ok, it won't get you heirlooms, but that's my philosophy on buying bone portals fairly soon after I get enough bones for them. As I type this I'm on a Crushed run since it offers the highest amount of helium for where I'm at outside of the daily, as the daily doesn't count towards bone portals. I'll probably be buying two portals immediately after, depending on how well the presimpts drop bones.

Whoa, so you guys are saying that helium challenges, like electricity, count the helium you get from buying a bone portal while that challenge is active, in the amount they multiply?

Rhodes
01-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Whoa, so you guys are saying that helium challenges, like electricity, count the helium you get from buying a bone portal while that challenge is active, in the amount they multiply?

No, I think he's saying that if you first complete a He challenge (excluding Daily) and earn a shitton of He, then you'll get that shitton of He again each time you buy a bone portal.

Speaking of Daily Challenges, today's (2017-01-06) is the easiest I've seen. Trimps lose 4% of total health each attack, and map enemies attack +330%. For that you get +307% He.

levdrakon
01-06-2017, 07:45 PM
No, I think he's saying that if you first complete a He challenge (excluding Daily) and earn a shitton of He, then you'll get that shitton of He again each time you buy a bone portal.

Speaking of Daily Challenges, today's (2017-01-06) is the easiest I've seen. Trimps lose 4% of total health each attack, and map enemies attack +330%. For that you get +307% He.Yeah, I'm doing today's too.

So my bone portal says +128K Helium. I assume that must have been my best run so far, and that's what I'd immediately get if I bought one, right? So would I be able to respec and use that helium right away, or on my next portal?

Rhodes
01-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I'm doing today's too.

So my bone portal says +128K Helium. I assume that must have been my best run so far, and that's what I'd immediately get if I bought one, right? So would I be able to respec and use that helium right away, or on my next portal?

I'd like an answer to this too. From the wikia (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Respec#Respec) it looks like you can respec your newly acquired Bone helium:

"It is possible to respec only once per run, with no penalties whatsoever. To get another respec after using one, the player has to use the Portal to soft reset their game, or purchase "Portal" from the Bone Trader."

Peter Morris
01-08-2017, 05:31 PM
There's also a hidden achievement called Holey for "Spend over 250k total He on Wormholes." I'm not sure if the whole 250k has to be spent in one run, or if it counts all wormholed He. If it's the latter, then you're almost there!

Not sure if this even needs a spoiler, but just to be sure

In your Stats page you'll see a count of "wormholed helium." That is the total you've spent on wormholes through all your runs. When that number reaches 250K you get the Holey bonus, which is +10 to damage.

Peter Morris
01-08-2017, 06:02 PM

I'd like an answer to this too.

I can confirm that you can respec your helium immediately.

I'd just like to point out that is is very easy to find the answer to questions like this:

1) open a new tab, or new window in your browser
2) load the game into the new tab
3) try it for yourself, see what happens
4) close the tab
5) continue the game in your original tab.

Rhodes
01-09-2017, 05:33 PM
I can confirm that you can respec your helium immediately.

I'd just like to point out that is is very easy to find the answer to questions like this:

1) open a new tab, or new window in your browser
2) load the game into the new tab
3) try it for yourself, see what happens
4) close the tab
5) continue the game in your original tab.

Great tip. Thanks!

On an unrelated topic, I play on my iPhone in Safari. On Saturday night I let iOS upgrade to 10.2. Then my Trimps game was gone! I figured out how to log back in to PlayFab (they'll email you a link to reset your password, but AFAICT you're on your own to remember your login name). And I had the option to continue at 0 Helium or import my PlayFab saved game with 35K Helium. I had just reached 1M Helium, but apparently I hadn't synced with PlayFab in ages. So now I'm starting over.

TL;DR: Check your settings and make sure you're still saving to PlayFab!

Peter Morris
01-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Okay, just a minor and unimportant question.

I was saving my gems, working towards the Jeweller bonus, which comes at 1Dd gems. I just got it, but my Gem counter showed 850 Ud gems. Not that I'm complaining, but why did I get it early?

Telperion
01-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Okay, just a minor and unimportant question.

I was saving my gems, working towards the Jeweller bonus, which comes at 1Dd gems. I just got it, but my Gem counter showed 850 Ud gems. Not that I'm complaining, but why did I get it early?

It counts over all runs, not just the current one.

By the way, I finally made it to the Spire today. And then I promptly got kicked out of the Spire. Yikes.

USCDiver
01-15-2017, 01:33 PM
It seems like there a pretty big gap in interesting stuff happening after about Z80. Is the idea that I farm the lower levels with Balance or Electricity to get a shit load of He that I can use to blow through the Z80-125 section?

TruCelt
01-15-2017, 03:03 PM
keeping vs recycling maps: is there ever a point to this?

The number of fragments received for recycling a map is so incredibly low relative to the number needed to to build the next one, that I wonder the game masters have troubled with the concept at all?

There doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of maps one can keep, nor any particular usefulness to the old ones. It's just a matter of hitting the recycle button if you didn't happen to finish the last one, and getting a de minimus fragment bonus as a result.

I'm only at Z91, making my first run toward 100. I'd like to know, is there ever a point where this starts to make sense? Does keeping vs recycling maps ever become a matter of strategy?

Is it really just a complete waste of time and buttons?

Munch
01-15-2017, 03:31 PM
I've always thought the map recycling was there just to keep things tidy.

Peter Morris
01-15-2017, 03:44 PM
I've been up to Zone 155, and so far, it's been mostly useless. You can use it to remove clutter from the map screen. And as you say if you get stuck you can recycle. This has a use - it means you don't have to go back to it. You can run a lower level map instead. But the fragment return is always trivial.

Can anyone explain the purpose of siphonology? For each level you will earn stacks from maps one level lower than your current world. I don't get it.

levdrakon
01-15-2017, 04:37 PM
It seems like there a pretty big gap in interesting stuff happening after about Z80. Is the idea that I farm the lower levels with Balance or Electricity to get a shit load of He that I can use to blow through the Z80-125 section?I'm kind of in a rut at around Z100, can't get much further although once I made it Z120, but it took many days. Electricity is nice, but doesn't give enough helium to buy more Coordinated and Carpentry. I just keep doing dailies, especially if they give at least 300%, but it's still taking forever. You pretty much have to slog your way past Z100 to get enough helium to buy anything. You'd have to actively play the game all day to do Electricity enough to save up significant amounts of helium. If you could complete Electricity three or four times a day I guess it would be okay.

I pretty much always recycle just to keep things tidy, but it's useless for the fragments.

Peter Morris
01-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Have you tried doing a normal run, no challenges, and going for the speed bonuses? It can give a big boost to your attack.

levdrakon
01-15-2017, 04:50 PM
I managed to do Prison in less than four hours, that's the highest I've got. I'm not sure I've ever done a run without doing some sort of challenge at the same time. I probably should think about trying for some more Feats.

Telperion
01-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Can anyone explain the purpose of siphonology? For each level you will earn stacks from maps one level lower than your current world. I don't get it.

It's pretty good when you start to get bogged down, since you can farm three levels lower and still get the 200% damage bonus. It's not super-awesome or anything, but it's useful for squeezing out the last couple of levels you need for an achievement. That's also pretty much how I got to the Spire (zone 200).

Some Call Me... Tim
01-16-2017, 02:27 AM
keeping vs recycling maps: is there ever a point to this?

The number of fragments received for recycling a map is so incredibly low relative to the number needed to to build the next one, that I wonder the game masters have troubled with the concept at all?

There doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of maps one can keep, nor any particular usefulness to the old ones. It's just a matter of hitting the recycle button if you didn't happen to finish the last one, and getting a de minimus fragment bonus as a result.

I'm only at Z91, making my first run toward 100. I'd like to know, is there ever a point where this starts to make sense? Does keeping vs recycling maps ever become a matter of strategy?

Is it really just a complete waste of time and buttons?

There's a limit to the number of maps you can keep, I recycle when I hit that limit. That's pretty much the point of recycling, so far as I can tell.

Some Call Me... Tim
01-16-2017, 02:34 AM
I'm kind of in a rut at around Z100, can't get much further although once I made it Z120, but it took many days. Electricity is nice, but doesn't give enough helium to buy more Coordinated and Carpentry. I just keep doing dailies, especially if they give at least 300%, but it's still taking forever. You pretty much have to slog your way past Z100 to get enough helium to buy anything. You'd have to actively play the game all day to do Electricity enough to save up significant amounts of helium. If you could complete Electricity three or four times a day I guess it would be okay.

I pretty much always recycle just to keep things tidy, but it's useless for the fragments.

I never did any Electricity runs, unless you count Mapocalypse, which sort of includes Electricity. Dailies are almost always better. It does sound like you're on the cusp of both the Sci V and the Slow challenges at level 130, both of which should help speed and depth.

I didn't really feel like things bogged down in that range, but maybe my playstyle is different.

TruCelt
01-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Does anyone else hear Jeor Mormont's voice as you're parceling out the Trimps?

"1 million to the Farmers, 2 million to the miners, Jon to the stewards . . ."

Some Call Me... Tim
01-17-2017, 11:47 PM
I often hear the theme to Blackadder when clicking on Dagadder. Also, I'll occasionally hear Tenacious D's "Tribute" when clicking on that.

gazpacho
01-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Is there a guide for what the post fixes mean M is million or 10^6, B is a billion or 10^9 I am not sure much beyond that. Ud, Dc, No, Qi, Qa, Qd what do they mean?

USCDiver
01-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Million, Billion, Trillion, Quadrillion, Quintillion, Sextillion, Septillion, etc

Mr Shine
01-23-2017, 03:09 AM
Is there a guide for what the post fixes mean M is million or 10^6, B is a billion or 10^9 I am not sure much beyond that. Ud, Dc, No, Qi, Qa, Qd what do they mean?
M=Mi U=un
B=Bi
T=Tri
Qa=Quadr
Qi=Quint
Sx=Sext
Sp=Sept
O=Oct
N=Non
On their own, just add "(i)llion"

(something)d= (something)decillion
(something)v=(something)vingtillion
(something)t=(something)trigintillion

Peter Morris
01-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Has anyone managed to do a Mapology challenge? I tried it once, but I couldn't go beyond Z60. I think it's the only challenge I' couldn't beat. A couple took me two tries, but this one I don't see how anyone can beat it.

Telperion
01-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Has anyone managed to do a Mapology challenge? I tried it once, but I couldn't go beyond Z60. I think it's the only challenge I' couldn't beat. A couple took me two tries, but this one I don't see how anyone can beat it.

Yeah, I did it a while back. What you have to do is set gear drops to equip first, and then only run maps manually for the first five items. That way, you get 99 total gear drops for five tier 19-20 items.

Knowed Out
02-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Damnation...I was having problems with Chrome and used Reset Settings. Completely wiped out the last month of Perks and Heirlooms. I thought I had game save through server flagged, but it gave me a game from several months ago. I have an export from a few weeks ago, so I guess I'll go back to that.

Peter Morris
02-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Moral - always export before you portal.

TruCelt
02-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks. I've been getting lazy about that.

Peter Morris
02-10-2017, 04:25 AM
My Portal button has vanished. Anyone else seeing this? An Update?

USCDiver
02-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Are you on a new run but haven't gotten to Z20 again yet?

Smapti
02-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Anyone got any tips about the 50-60 slump? I'm about 40 runs in and I've gotten to the point where I can reach zone 115 before the going becomes impossibly slow, but I haven't been able to do any of the time achievements for the Prison yet. When I make it to zone 50, I don't have anywhere near enough gems to start building Collectors, so I have to let the game idle overnight to build up my stocks to where I can keep up with coordination. The same thing happens at 60 - I'm not anywhere near building warpstations, so I have to let it idle overnight again.

I'm guessing that once I get to 120 and unlock the coordination challenge that that'll open things up for me bigly, but at the rate things've been going it'll take me at least another week to get there.

Peter Morris
02-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Are you on a new run but haven't gotten to Z20 again yet?

Uh, no. I'm on Z165.

Some Call Me... Tim
02-10-2017, 10:04 AM
My Portal button has vanished. Anyone else seeing this? An Update?

I realize this may be obvious, but I've missed the obvious before... have you completed the Dimension of Anger map yet? It doesn't matter how far you are, you have to complete that before the portal button shows up.

Peter Morris
02-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Ah, that could well be it. I'm working through a Poisonous Void map at the moment. Be at least an hour before it's finished. I'll try it then.

Knowed Out
02-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Anyone got any tips about the 50-60 slump? I'm about 40 runs in and I've gotten to the point where I can reach zone 115 before the going becomes impossibly slow, but I haven't been able to do any of the time achievements for the Prison yet. When I make it to zone 50, I don't have anywhere near enough gems to start building Collectors, so I have to let the game idle overnight to build up my stocks to where I can keep up with coordination. The same thing happens at 60 - I'm not anywhere near building warpstations, so I have to let it idle overnight again.

I'm guessing that once I get to 120 and unlock the coordination challenge that that'll open things up for me bigly, but at the rate things've been going it'll take me at least another week to get there.

I've had to respec several times myself. When doing so, I'll grab a low-level quest like Scientist I. I buy more of the gem+ perks for the reason you describe, and select Depths for Maps. You can also trade bones for gem producers. I place more emphasis on making Food for the gem-finding Dragon. I've only gotten past z100 once, but it didn't count. I lost my game specs when I had to reinstall Chrome.

Peter Morris
02-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that solved it. Thanks, Tim.

Munch
02-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Only been past z100 once in 40 runs? I'd say you're not using your Gigastations sparingly enough. I'm on my 16th run - I've hit z120 the last 3 runs. The longest run I've had is 11 days.

Munch
02-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Wait - I read that wrong. I merged your comment with Knowed Out's.

glowacks
02-10-2017, 05:46 PM

If you haven't already done so, crank up the food production to feed the dragon. Gems will be very important for a long time at the stage you're at. Keep in mind that you're investing the food in a continuously generating resource that, assuming you aren't able to read all your Coordinations, will contribute significantly to your speed and longevity. For me, it isn't until past zone 100 that I find myself short of metal instead of gems for warpstations if I keep metal and food production even, and if your main problem is not having enough Trimps to read Coordinations, you should be spending far more on food. Really, food should be your main priority for most of the way until you have way more gem production than you can use.

Cut out all prestiges at Zone 50 (and thus most of the need for metal) since prestiges get a significant cost reduction at zone 60. At very least, only prestige weapons when you are willing to spend more metal now to go a little faster; you can not bother with the HP upgrades since you can just get block instead. I usually buy up to 147 gyms and whatever number of trainers doesn't make a meaningful dent in my food supply (like 1 second of food production per trainer); this will get you blocking everything up to level 60 and allow you to ignore HP upgrades. After level 60 things obviously change.

Quasimodem
02-10-2017, 06:10 PM
........ I am used to the format used there (third person), so before I click on the game and get started, am I likely to find first person and inundated with ads?

Thanks

Q

Knowed Out
02-10-2017, 07:46 PM
No ads and it's all text.

Peter Morris
02-10-2017, 07:55 PM
It isn't a graphical battle game. It's a text interface that reports to you how your soldiers are doing.

No ads, as far as I know. I have adblocker enabled and I'm not seeing any.

Some Call Me... Tim
02-10-2017, 11:36 PM
It seems more like an old school someone's personal fun project and less like a modern pseudofree vehicle intended to get you to pay for content. Oh, and source is available, which puts it squarely in the homebrew ethos camp.

Munch
02-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Heirloom advice time:

Staff A:
11% Dragimp Eff.
12% Explorer Eff.
10% Miner Eff.

Staff B:
34% Farmer Eff.
36% Fragment Drop Rate
40% Gem Drop Rate

The numbers are obviously bigger on B - but the mods aren't really the ones I like.

TruCelt
02-22-2017, 06:45 AM
Heirloom advice time:

Staff A:
11% Dragimp Eff.
12% Explorer Eff.
10% Miner Eff.

Staff B:
34% Farmer Eff.
36% Fragment Drop Rate
40% Gem Drop Rate

The numbers are obviously bigger on B - but the mods aren't really the ones I like.

IMHO:
Check your gem numbers, then try each for five minutes. Whichever ends with the most gems wins.

Also, I'm still struggling to get to z120, so take my advice with a grain of salt. ;-)

Your only real difference is the 10% metal though, so how important is that right now?

Peter Morris
02-22-2017, 08:27 AM
You know you can carry both, and swap them around as needed, right? When you need metal, use the 10% miner staff. When you need food, use the 34% farmer staff.

levdrakon
02-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Haven't been playing as much lately, but made it to 130 yesterday and started a new run today and... new stuff!

What's the deal with these Challenge2? It says to do your old challenges as far as you can go for a permanent increase to attack, health, and Helium found. How far is as far as you can go? :) IOW, how far to you HAVE to go? Anyone tried one yet?

Munch
02-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Oh nice - it'll be a few days until I get to try them, but that looks like a new addition.

I got around to completing Slow the other day, and then finished off Scientist V. I'm on the tail end of that run right now - it should be a great boost.

Peter Morris
02-26-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm not seeing Challenge2.

I've looked at What's New, and it says it kicks in at level 65. I'm up to level 180, and I'm not seeing it.

Munch
02-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Save, then reload your browser page - then check what's new.

Sofis
02-26-2017, 11:58 AM
How far is as far as you can go? :) IOW, how far to you HAVE to go? Anyone tried one yet?

According to the text you get when hovering over the button in the Portal menu, you get a bonus every ten zones completed, with a bonus for every hundred. However, you do not get any helium when running one of these challenges.

Clicking through the challenges, I notice that Trimp, Trapper and Coordinate give higher bonuses than the standard. Not surprising, considering those challenges scale in a rather murderous manner at higher zones.

Some Call Me... Tim
02-26-2017, 08:48 PM
I'd mostly stopped playing, but I'm starting off some challenge2s now.

Smapti
03-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Today's Daily challenge definitely seems to be the sweetest deal I've seen since I unlocked dailies;

•Gain a stack after killing an enemy, increasing all non Helium loot by 0.60%. Stacks cap at 325, and reset after clearing a zone.
•Your Trimps lose 3% of their max health after each attack.
•Enemy attack in maps increased by 270%.
•Enemy health increased by 80%.
•Gain a stack after killing an enemy, increasing Trimp attack by 3% (additive). Stacks cap at 40, and reset when your Trimps die.
•Enemies have a 26% chance to dodge your attacks on even zones.

There's essentially no downside here and it grants an extra 314% helium upon completion.

Get it while it's hot, kids.

glowacks
03-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Haven't been playing as much lately, but made it to 130 yesterday and started a new run today and... new stuff!

What's the deal with these Challenge2? It says to do your old challenges as far as you can go for a permanent increase to attack, health, and Helium found. How far is as far as you can go? :) IOW, how far to you HAVE to go? Anyone tried one yet?

I completed one of each I've gotten to so far just with the aim of setting a baseline. Furthest I've gotten is zone 170, and I was content with 140 for most of them, which is a 18% bonus. Some of the later ones I went to 150 given that I had some more oomph from the bonuses by them. I ended up with a 227% after spending what, a week?, on them.

I'll also note that it's terribly worded and there's actually no particular bonus for making it 100 levels. Instead, the bonus you get for clearing 10 levels increases. So you get 1% every 10 for the first 100, 2% every 10 after that up to 200, then 3% up to 300, etc.

Since it's entirely an additive bonus, like achievements, once you've started piling them up, you need to be able to add more and more to be worth your time. Unlike achievements, they don't really get all that much larger in magnitude as you get higher, so I don't plan on coming back to the ones I've finished until I can go significantly further without much time expenditure.

levdrakon
03-07-2017, 09:36 AM
I completed one of each I've gotten to so far just with the aim of setting a baseline. Furthest I've gotten is zone 170, and I was content with 140 for most of them, which is a 18% bonus. Some of the later ones I went to 150 given that I had some more oomph from the bonuses by them. I ended up with a 227% after spending what, a week?, on them.

I'll also note that it's terribly worded and there's actually no particular bonus for making it 100 levels. Instead, the bonus you get for clearing 10 levels increases. So you get 1% every 10 for the first 100, 2% every 10 after that up to 200, then 3% up to 300, etc.

Since it's entirely an additive bonus, like achievements, once you've started piling them up, you need to be able to add more and more to be worth your time. Unlike achievements, they don't really get all that much larger in magnitude as you get higher, so I don't plan on coming back to the ones I've finished until I can go significantly further without much time expenditure.Cool, thanks. I'm doing the first challenge, Discipline. I'm on Z122, and noticed the bonus goes up after 100. Sucks not getting He, but the bonus should help me get over my hump.

Some Call Me... Tim
03-07-2017, 12:01 PM
I've been doing these off and on, I'm not as dedicated as glowacks but I've finished 5 of them.

One comment, you do get normal He after you click the end challenge button. I've been doing challenge2 to 180, then going one more level and grinding void maps. Not great helium, but something. And decent odds at heirlooms.

Sofis
03-07-2017, 12:52 PM
I've been running them as far as I can manage (200), in part because, since I won't do them again anytime soon, if ever (for the reasoning glowacks mentioned), I want to get as much as I can right now. Consequently, I'm at the end of my third (though I did a daily in-between). :) But that's roughly the rate I usually do runs.

levdrakon
03-07-2017, 01:20 PM
I've been doing these off and on, I'm not as dedicated as glowacks but I've finished 5 of them.

One comment, you do get normal He after you click the end challenge button. I've been doing challenge2 to 180, then going one more level and grinding void maps. Not great helium, but something. And decent odds at heirlooms.That sucks. I just did all my voids before finishing the challenge.

glowacks
03-07-2017, 09:08 PM
I just realized the Toxicity challenge bonus loot you get from the Toxic stacks affects how much Helium you get. I'm a little low for running 10 maps every level, but given that this run will set my bone portal amount as well, I'm willing to squeeze just a bit more Helium out while making the run a bit easier, if a little longer.

Smapti
03-08-2017, 06:49 AM
I've made it as far as zone 130 on my latest run, and I think I've crossed the plateau where I can get through the 50-60 slump, and from collectors to workstations, without having to go idle for a day. Tried Scientist V and found I just can't get my health high enough yet to beat it, so I'm working on Slow instead.

In the meantime, anyone got an optimal strategy for buying warpstations? I find that with the first few upgrades I'm buying less than ten before I prestige it, and once I pass zone 100 I'm putting in 50 or more before I get the next upgrade. Would taking more levels on the lower grades make much of a difference later on, or is it a drop in the bucket once you're looking at billions of trimps?

Peter Morris
03-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Warpstations are too expensive when they first become available. I put 80% of my workers into farming, and run a food map. Keep buying tributes, then spend the gems on Collectors, and set the workers to farming. Run until it takes > 15 mins of production to buy a single tribute, then back to the zones. Run a couple more zones, then back to food/ tributes/ Collectors. At this point Warpsations start becoming cheaper relative to your production.

Munch
03-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Smapti, I'm running 30+3 on Warpstations - meaning that I buy my first at 30 Warps, then 33, then 36, etc. It's a little bit of a grind up front, but really helps my leveling.

I'm amazed at all the people at z200+. My wall is at z135, and has been for a while.

levdrakon
03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
So what happens if I do the Metal challenge as a challenge2? It normally ends at DoA and your miners unlock. As a challenge2 do your miners also unlock then, or you never unlock miners? Doesn't seem like you could get very much further without miners.

Munch
03-08-2017, 12:34 PM
So what happens if I do the Metal challenge as a challenge2? It normally ends at DoA and your miners unlock. As a challenge2 do your miners also unlock then, or you never unlock miners? Doesn't seem like you could get very much further without miners.

You never unlock them, until you end the challenge.

levdrakon
03-08-2017, 12:46 PM
You never unlock them, until you end the challenge.

Okay. That'll be a quick challenge I guess.

Munch
03-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Okay. That'll be a quick challenge I guess.

Yeah - I'm surprised it doesn't have alternate bonus scoring, like some of the other ones. I guess because you can always keep gathering metal yourself and from maps - there's nothing that affects battle or anything like that to hinder your progress.

levdrakon
03-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Today's daily is giving 416%. You don't see that often.

Your Trimps lose 2% of their max health after each attack.
All housing can store 38% fewer Trimps
Enemy attack in maps increased by 390%.
Enemies have a 25% chance to crit for 1100% of normal damage
Challenge has no end point, and grants an additional 416% of all helium earned before finishing. Can only be run once! Reward does not count toward Bone Portals or affect best He/Hr stat.

Sofis
03-09-2017, 01:36 PM
I just realized the Toxicity challenge bonus loot you get from the Toxic stacks affects how much Helium you get. I'm a little low for running 10 maps every level, but given that this run will set my bone portal amount as well, I'm willing to squeeze just a bit more Helium out while making the run a bit easier, if a little longer.

When I ran Toxicity, I waited until I had max stacks before killing each Improbability, and ended up with just above 6M helium. After spending 600 bones on reduplicating that run, I was strong enough to unlock and run the zone 190 challenge, and ended up with 9.4M (that was an eight day run though, grinding on for quite some time after the challenge was over). I only ever spent 100 bones on that one, as I'm going to have to do it again once I've finished getting my Challenge2 bonuses. :)

Yeah - I'm surprised it doesn't have alternate bonus scoring, like some of the other ones. I guess because you can always keep gathering metal yourself and from maps - there's nothing that affects battle or anything like that to hinder your progress.

It's not really in the same league as the three with special scoring, as you can get significant (though heavily reduced) income from running metal maps. I won't be able to make to zone 200 on that one (or Mapology), but something like 170 should be doable. For the three special ones, I'm thinking 60ish?

Koldanar
03-09-2017, 01:41 PM
I've started to hit a wall on this one - what have you guys done to make it past 120? I feel like I'm going to have to grind 10+ portals to get enough coordination to move on!

Some Call Me... Tim
03-09-2017, 02:02 PM
I usually don't assign any miners (or lumberjacks) until at least zone 80 or so, whenever I actually need metal more than gems for warpstations. Gems are where it's at early on and passive metal drops are enough. Still, once I need miners I really need them. I'm probably going to do Metal last of the non-special scoring challenge2s.

Some Call Me... Tim
03-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Oh, and I'll be running metal maps instead of my usual gardens, and will probably splurge on golden maps for the Metal challenge2. Oh, and I'll bump up Looting a few points to near where it would be in a non-challenge2 run. (I respecced out of several points of looting for challenge2, as there's no helium looting during the challenge part of the run so it's proportionally much less important)

Sofis
03-09-2017, 02:58 PM
I've started to hit a wall on this one - what have you guys done to make it past 120? I feel like I'm going to have to grind 10+ portals to get enough coordination to move on!

It's difficult to remember when I did what, but I don't think I had a long-lasting slump buying the early levels of Coordinated. How many levels of the perk do you have, what's your total helium, and about how much do you pull in from a standard run?

Koldanar
03-09-2017, 03:43 PM
It's difficult to remember when I did what, but I don't think I had a long-lasting slump buying the early levels of Coordinated. How many levels of the perk do you have, what's your total helium, and about how much do you pull in from a standard run?

499k total, 0 levels, and about 80k per run right now, though I'm trying to work to change that.

Sofis
03-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Well, in that case a good daily should let you get the first two levels or nearly (possibly with the help of some respeccing), which should get you a noticable boost. Unfortunately the current two look pretty miserable, but maybe the next one? And there's a minor boost waiting for you at zone 125, and two very worthwhile challenges at 130, so there are gains to be made in the foreseeable future.

USCDiver
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
I usually don't assign any miners (or lumberjacks) until at least zone 80 or so, whenever I actually need metal more than gems for warpstations. Gems are where it's at early on and passive metal drops are enough. Still, once I need miners I really need them. I'm probably going to do Metal last of the non-special scoring challenge2s.

What do you spend all that Food on early on?

Some Call Me... Tim
03-09-2017, 06:32 PM
What do you spend all that Food on early on?

(maxlevel 191 perspective here) Tribute, for gems, which in turn are primarily for collectors/warpstations. All production (including drops) scales with population, so anything that increases your population helps everything else with positive feedback.

I have enough metal and wood just running garden maps and from zone loot (though if I want to fiddly micromanage I'll sometimes make some extra wood for huts/houses at like level 9, since I don't do any maps until 15 or now 18, but often I'll not bother anymore.)

USCDiver
03-09-2017, 07:19 PM
(maxlevel 191 perspective here) Tribute, for gems, which in turn are primarily for collectors/warpstations. All production (including drops) scales with population, so anything that increases your population helps everything else with positive feedback.

I have enough metal and wood just running garden maps and from zone loot (though if I want to fiddly micromanage I'll sometimes make some extra wood for huts/houses at like level 9, since I don't do any maps until 15 or now 18, but often I'll not bother anymore.)

So what do you do before you get tributes? I know it's only a couple minutes to blow through those early zones, but do you just let the Food accumulate?

Some Call Me... Tim
03-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I do let food accumulate some, usually I'm buying 160-220 tributes immediately when they unlock. It's only a few minutes, as you point out.

Probably obviously, I will go ahead and use food to buy huts/houses and then slightly later, explorers in anticipation of gateways.

I will go ahead and buy mansions, hotels, and resorts when they unlock with those gems, too, so it's not like there are no early uses for gems.

Peter Morris
03-09-2017, 08:18 PM
A thought about challeng2's

The first two I ran up to z150 for 20% bonus each. It took well over a day each.

The third I ran to z70 for 7% bonus. Only took 100 minutes. I plan to do the same with the rest of them. That will get me3 a pretty big bonus fairly quickly. I can go back later and run them all the way, and it will be much easier with the bonus.

USCDiver
03-09-2017, 08:22 PM
I do let food accumulate some, usually I'm buying 160-220 tributes immediately when they unlock. It's only a few minutes, as you point out.

Probably obviously, I will go ahead and use food to buy huts/houses and then slightly later, explorers in anticipation of gateways.

I will go ahead and buy mansions, hotels, and resorts when they unlock with those gems, too, so it's not like there are no early uses for gems.

How many of the early housing units are you usually buying? I find I can easily get through the Wormhole with only 10-20 of each, but is it better to accumulate a lot of worker trimps early on?

Some Call Me... Tim
03-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Usually 50-70. You can do it with 0, as in the challenge, but more population is more production, so why not buy some? Well, except no wormholes, and one less than however many gateways I can afford until level 50, where I suddenly no longer care :)

Some Call Me... Tim
03-09-2017, 08:43 PM
A thought about challeng2's

The first two I ran up to z150 for 20% bonus each. It took well over a day each.

The third I ran to z70 for 7% bonus. Only took 100 minutes. I plan to do the same with the rest of them. That will get me3 a pretty big bonus fairly quickly. I can go back later and run them all the way, and it will be much easier with the bonus.

Makes sense. I've been spending one day each, but partly that's just because that fits within my play time reasonably. Sometimes I'll let it run an extra day if I don't feel like doing another run immediately, but basically that's just minor He and DE from a few, slow late levels.

levdrakon
03-09-2017, 08:56 PM
I usually go for 100 each of buildings from Huts to Resorts. Generally no more than 50 Gateways. Not sure why, just nice round numbers I guess.

I don't like portaling and having to babysit the game buying housing etc. I'd make a lot more helium if I portaled everyday, but it's just easier to let the game run for a couple days.

You guys who portal everyday, are you using an autoplayer or something?

ckalli1998
03-09-2017, 08:58 PM
For me, the outright most addictive game on the Internet is the slither.io game.

No, seriously. Go on there and play it. It's fucking fun as well, as addictive as fuck.:D

Peter Morris
03-09-2017, 09:51 PM
For me, the outright most addictive game on the Internet is the slither.io game.

No, seriously. Go on there and play it. It's fucking fun as well, as addictive as fuck.:D

link?

levdrakon
03-09-2017, 11:13 PM
link?

slither.io

Fun for a few minutes.

Smapti
03-14-2017, 03:27 AM
You guys who portal everyday, are you using an autoplayer or something?

Right now I'm farming for helium in the z120 range, and I find that it takes me about 8-10 active hours of playtime to make it there at this point. I don't use any outside tools - just the AutoStorage and AutoUpgrade you get from challenges, and I let it run in the background while I'm tooling around online.

I managed to unlock a few of the Bionic Wonderland cheevos on my last run, which along with the Robotrimp has given me a nice boost to damage.

What's everyone think of the Golden Upgrades? I've just been going with Battle thus far - I haven't been lacking in void maps, and at about 500k Helium per run, the Helium upgrade looks negligible to me.

Peter Morris
03-14-2017, 04:53 AM
I always get battle, unless I'm doing a Daily Challenge with a fat helium bonus, in which case I go for helium.

Golden Upgrades start out negligible, but become more important the further you progress.

I've got >600% achieves, and the GU's now come every 35 zones. I can get to z180 or so, so that's five GU's.

The bonuses are cumulative. If I get the helium bonus (1% per level) then after z140 it's a 10% bonus, and at z175 it's a 15% bonus. That's worthwile on a daily challenge.

Sofis
03-14-2017, 04:46 PM
Yeah, helium if I'm doing a helium challenge, otherwise battle seems like the most sensible thing to me.

One thing to consider is how the growing golden upgrade bonus interacts with the different upgrade types. For battle, I don't care that I only get a 0% or 3% or 9% bonus in the early parts of the run, since I'm flying through the zones at maximum speed anyway. The important thing is that I have 45% during the part where I have to stop and grind for prestiges and population, first for a few minutes at a time, then eventually an hour or more.
For helium, it's similar: the exponentially growing helium drop rates means that most of the helium drops are concentrated in the part of the run where your bonus is larger. But void map drop rate is flat. The part of your run when the bonus is low counts as much as the part where it's high. More actually, since for the last ten zones or so running void maps is no longer feasible, so any further drops at that point are wasted. And even if I got the full bonus at the start of the run, it would still only add up to roughly one extra map per run. So it doesn't really ever seem worth it.

Telperion
03-15-2017, 12:25 PM
I just got my first ethereal heirloom, and it really sucks. It has almost every single one of the modifiers I didn't want.

11.2% crit chance
400% crit damage
128% player efficiency
150% trimp health

And it costs 2400 nullifium to replace a stat on ethereals, so I feel like that's probably not going to happen. On a related note, what is going on with the shield drops? On average I probably get four shields for every staff, which seems weird.

Best Topics: what is vig unshelled pistachios dying jeans black alumni alum brutus cartoon characters best pick report wolf chihuahua mix wipe imac lunch dates cost ring pathfinder lowes hydrangeas sonometer measurement cessna 172 distance homer simpson dope tomorrowland rotten what is 480p engine breaking is filedropper safe happy drunk yahoo guesthouse max bidder scientology cross meaning mojo wire ingesting saline solution freezing warts aftercare virgin pulse voucher jim reeves autopsy claude ricks magician best idle games code symbol is leg of lamb kosher buy pieces of eight where do squirrels go during hurricanes do rotary phones still work museum of science and industry coal mine is my cat retarded paying your h.p. demands forever vending machine for rental track some one down dave's not here man futurama craigslist posting being blocked sanding wood floors by hand i wear contacts and my eyes are red is all-clad worth it gifts for newly naturalized citizens salicylic acid on skin tags why are american cars so bad will lenscrafters put lenses in my frames is ap european history hard can employers see work history what to say to someone with a sick child how many calories in diet mt dew universal toilet tank replacement service merchandise store locator 2010 elementary school talent show ideas pork loin roast convection oven jackie gleason net worth does bleach leave a residue best ending mass effect 3 four women nina simone ways to heat an above ground pool