PDA

View Full Version : So I've found the SECOND most addicting game to exist on the internet. No, really.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Idle Thoughts
09-14-2016, 03:22 AM
So you thought Cookie Clicker was bad?

I give you.... Trimps. (http://trimps.github.io/#)

It's been three whole days and I've been running this game on there all that time, ongoing. And I've only seemed to breach the surface. It's one LONG game and seems to have a LOT of content. Even after three whole days I'm seeing new content unlock. It's a very interesting and intriguing game. I'd liken it to A Dark Room, if you like that one...only bigger and on a more massive scale.

Actually, I can't take credit for finding this one. Zyanthia mentioned it in my Cookie Clicker topic (http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/showpost.php?p=19623170&postcount=1009). I clicked on it, started...and I haven't been able to stop since.

Zyanthia
09-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Have you gotten to your first portal yet? Just wait until you get 5 portals under your belt and you start unlocking heirloom equipment!

TheStake
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
It is pretty addicting. Seems like a lot is going on, but it is fairly simple. Good thread!

Zyanthia
09-14-2016, 09:12 AM
There is a WIKI page for it. Trimps WIKI (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Trimps_Wiki). There are a couple good new player guides on it if you have questions.

TheStake
09-14-2016, 09:17 AM
I have sorta just dived on in. After I put in my two weeks here at this job, they sort of just need me to be here, so that someone is here, but there isn't anything to do!

So this is actually a life saver!

kk fusion
09-14-2016, 09:35 AM
I played that a couple months ago and found it becoming quite repetitive after a few days. Maybe they have added content since, maybe it just isn't progressing at the right pace for me.

One that I haven't seen mentioned on these boards is Shark-a-Lark (http://cirri.al/sharks/). Fast-paced with a good balance between clicking and idling. It too becomes repetitive after you have explored some of the different worlds though.

Knowed Out
09-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Thanks for this. It's truly a game of making sure you have no idle moments.

Disgruntled Penguin
09-14-2016, 01:13 PM
So you thought Cookie Clicker was bad?

I give you.... Trimps. (http://trimps.github.io/#)

It's been three whole days and I've been running this game on there all that time, ongoing. And I've only seemed to breach the surface. It's one LONG game and seems to have a LOT of content. Even after three whole days I'm seeing new content unlock. It's a very interesting and intriguing game. I'd liken it to A Dark Room, if you like that one...only bigger and on a more massive scale.

Actually, I can't take credit for finding this one. Zyanthia mentioned it in my Cookie Clicker topic (http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/showpost.php?p=19623170&postcount=1009). I clicked on it, started...and I haven't been able to stop since.

I wonder if a famous person started calling it Drimpfs would that name catch on?

HMS Irruncible
09-14-2016, 01:58 PM
Question - seems like I have Trimps breeding faster than I can house them, employ them, or send them to battle. Is there any way to shift the ratio of breeders to producers at all?

elninost0rm
09-14-2016, 02:35 PM
That will become a non-issue after a few hours of gametime. Traps are my limited resource now at like level 8+

HMS Irruncible
09-14-2016, 02:38 PM
That will become a non-issue after a few hours of gametime. Traps are my limited resource now at like level 8+
How? The combat casualty rate becomes higher?

Idle Thoughts
09-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Have you gotten to your first portal yet? Just wait until you get 5 portals under your belt and you start unlocking heirloom equipment!

I did. Just yesterday. I don't quite get how they work yet, it won't reset my game, will it?

Idle Thoughts
09-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Question - seems like I have Trimps breeding faster than I can house them, employ them, or send them to battle. Is there any way to shift the ratio of breeders to producers at all?

You want them to breed and max out, trust me. Eventually you won't HAVE enough trimps on hand to do anything. You'll be wishing you had max amounts.

Idle Thoughts
09-14-2016, 04:06 PM
How? The combat casualty rate becomes higher?

Yes, a bit, but more so, you will start sending more trimps into battle at the same time. I don't want to spoil much, so I'll just say that. Right now you are only sending ONE out to fight each time. Later..uh...that number grows due to storylines.

TruCelt
09-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Ohmigod the Trimps. They've got me too! And I have to say I think they ARE worse than the cookies. There are just so many little ways it can draw you back in when you are honestly trying to go do your work, or switch over the laundry, or get to the bathroom in time . . .

But, wait! only 37 seconds until I can buy this aggerdagger upgrade and then I'll be able to - well, just thirty seconds more and then I can get buy my Trimps a Super-agger-dagger before I go so they don't all die while I'm . . . DARN! this is taking way too long, I've got to build a house and put more Trimps on mining detail . . . and it looks like the loggers need help too but . . .

These idle games remind me of a quote from C.S. Lewis, in "The Screwtape Letters." He's teaching his young apprentice how to slowly draw a human "patient" off his course and down to Hell. This is how he knows when it's working:

...you will find that anything or nothing is sufficient to attract his wandering attention. You no longer need a good book, which he really likes, to keep him from his prayers or his work or his sleep; a column of advertisements in yesterday's paper will do. You can make him waste his time not only in conversation he enjoys with people whom he likes, but also in conversations with those he cares nothing about, on subjects that bore him. You can make him do nothing at all for long periods. You can keep him up late at night, not roistering, but staring at a dead fire in a cold room. All the healthy and outgoing activities which we want him to avoid can be inhibited and nothing given in return, so that at last he may say...'I now see that I spent most my life doing in doing neither what I ought nor what I liked.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Yep, Wormwood's got me all right . . . :smack:

snfaulkner
09-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Idle Thoughts, the last time I listened to you on such topics, you ruined my life. Due to an unexpected release of the latest corporate image, I've been free, FREE of cookie clicker for the last couple months. Now you want me to dive into something that is just as bad!? I try to get out and you keep pulling me back in! I'll see if I can pretend to be busy with something else for one more week before I try this...this...thing.

Zyanthia
09-15-2016, 05:36 AM
Portals are the soft reset. You will start back over at zone 1, but you will be able to spend the helium you gained in perks. Spending the Helium properly will allow you to advance through the game faster and get a bit farther before you portal again.

HMS Irruncible
09-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Alright. So I want to get more gems, so I need to clear levels faster, which means I need more attack equipment, but I'm not making metal fast enough, which means I don't have enough workers, and to get more workers I need more resorts, which I can't fookin build because I don't have enough fookin gems.

I'm not hooked on this thing, mind, I'm just academically looking at the game mechanics and wondering how one would solve this hideous trap.

TruCelt
09-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Go to maps. Make one in the sea depths. Hit [repeat on]. Go have dinner.

When you get back you'll have all the gems you need.

HMS Irruncible
09-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Go to maps. Make one in the sea depths. Hit [repeat on]. Go have dinner.

When you get back you'll have all the gems you need.
BUT IS IT SEA OR IS IT DEPTHS? They're different, you know.

j/k the docs tell me that depths yield the most gems. What I was pointing out is an apparent cyclic dependency that's driving me apeshit. Ultimately I need gems to get gems.

Jragon
09-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Not really my favorite. I kind of dislike how incremental games sort of slowly devolved into glorified versions of Progress Quest after Cookie Clicker got big.

I really prefer A Dark Room (http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/) and Crank (http://faedine.com/games/crank/b37/). Also some of the old ones like Candy Box (2).

Cookie Clicker was neat, and I like how it slowly got more insane, but I really appreciated the earlier incremental games because of how they expanded their systems.

Admittedly I didn't get too far in trimps, but after getting a few maps in on the battle thing I felt like it was just unlocking meters to get more meters to get a line of text a few hours down the line.

levdrakon
09-15-2016, 10:06 PM
Just started Trimps a couple days ago. I like that you can close the game but your resources keep building anyway.

Made it to level 31 without using He for the Underachiever award. Portaled today and things are going faster.

Traps seem useless to me. Checking traps helps build your Trimps back up for battle, but it doesn't save all that much time.

I'm alwaaaays low on Block.

Idle Thoughts
09-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Alright. So I want to get more gems, so I need to clear levels faster, which means I need more attack equipment, but I'm not making metal fast enough, which means I don't have enough workers, and to get more workers I need more resorts, which I can't fookin build because I don't have enough fookin gems.

I'm not hooked on this thing, mind, I'm just academically looking at the game mechanics and wondering how one would solve this hideous trap.

You will also, eventually, unlock an building that will collect gems for you.

Idle Thoughts
09-15-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm alwaaaays low on Block.

Build tons of Gyms and put trimps on the Trainer job when you unlock both. I think those both contribute huge toward blocking.

Also, once you get level three shield or higher, it only gives you higher and higher blocking skill, IIRC. It can get pretty high if/when you have a level six shield.

Rigamarole
09-16-2016, 03:34 AM
I like it, but I think this game would really benefit from some graphics.

Knowed Out
09-16-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm lvl 15, but I haven't found Helium or Portals yet.

I eventually got the ability to make Trimp Explorers. They generate Fragments for you so you can make tons more maps. You only need a couple. Then you can find more books and upgrade like cah-razy.

levdrakon
09-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Build tons of Gyms and put trimps on the Trainer job when you unlock both. I think those both contribute huge toward blocking.

Also, once you get level three shield or higher, it only gives you higher and higher blocking skill, IIRC. It can get pretty high if/when you have a level six shield.

Yeah, Gyms, Trainers and upgrading the shield are about all I can do. I'll just have to prioritize buying more. I learned the hard way not to upgrade the shield too much though. I had it up to close to lvl 10 and when I bought the next prestige my block dropped in half. I try not to upgrade it past lvl 5 now.

I eventually got the ability to make Trimp Explorers. They generate Fragments for you so you can make tons more maps. You only need a couple. Then you can find more books and upgrade like cah-razy.

You'll get one of those special red maps at lvl 20, Dimension of Anger. Complete it, and you'll get access to the portal & He. That map is hard though, I finished lvls 21 & 22 and then went back to it.

HMS Irruncible
09-16-2016, 01:07 PM
I like it, but I think this game would really benefit from some graphics.
Ha. It's addictive enough as it is. My wife saw this and said "you're like, playing a... spreadsheet?"

Seriously I wonder how people come up with this. It's like BF Skinner on acid.

Knowed Out
09-16-2016, 01:38 PM

I also found the Auto-trap feature. It automatically generates traps when you're not building anything else, then stops building traps when you send the order to buid something else, then resumes making traps. I went to lunch for a half hour and trapped over 2K Trimps! When you're behind on equipment, just keep zerging Trimps until you run low.

TheStake
09-16-2016, 02:51 PM
I don't know what level I am in, but I am in zone 20. I am having a blast, and feel like I have sunken far to much time- Oh look an upgrade!

Rigamarole
09-16-2016, 06:48 PM
So when leaving it idle for a while / overnight (where food/wood/metal will cap out), what is the best option to leave your production button on? Last night I had it on science since it doesn't seem to have a cap, and now I have a huge surplus of science. Now I have auto-fight and auto-trap on, so I'm wondering if I should just leave it on build or leave it on trap?

Knowed Out
09-16-2016, 09:24 PM
Auto-trap, so you'll have a huge reserve of Trimps to zerg your way through the maps.

Rigamarole
09-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Auto-trap, so you'll have a huge reserve of Trimps to zerg your way through the maps.

Yeah, I have auto-trap on. I meant which button to leave your personal production on. Last night I left it on build to help out the foremen making the autotraps, but now I have such a large amount of traps I might just leave it on trapping in order to keep them pushing through with auto-fight.

levdrakon
09-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I have auto-trap on. I meant which button to leave your personal production on. Last night I left it on build to help out the foremen making the autotraps, but now I have such a large amount of traps I might just leave it on trapping in order to keep them pushing through with auto-fight.How do you build up foremen? Is that something at higher levels? I get one new foreman per zone.

I read somewhere to leave the scientist button on because "you" do a lot more science than the scientists do. You don't really need many scientists.

Knowed Out
09-18-2016, 12:59 PM
The foremen are usually prizes in the next-to-last levels of the world zones.

I finally completed Zone of Anger and got a reset. Things are slightly different. The helium counter is gone, but I guess it will return later.

levdrakon
09-18-2016, 01:08 PM
Yeah, everytime you reset/portal, you have to make it back to zone 20 and do Zone of Anger again.

Knowed Out
09-21-2016, 01:41 PM
This time I didn't click the Portal and kept on with the regular world map. I got through level 25, then it repeated. I guess I have no choice. Guess I'll spend the Helium now.

levdrakon
09-21-2016, 01:53 PM
This time I didn't click the Portal and kept on with the regular world map. I got through level 25, then it repeated. I guess I have no choice. Guess I'll spend the Helium now.Weird, I thought you could just keep going and going. Never heard you had to stop at any point until it just gets too time consuming to get to a new level.

It was addicting the first run-through, but now on my second run-through it's not so much. I can just build up my storage and come back the next day and spend on lots of upgrades, burn through a couple levels and leave it again 'til the next day. It seems to be requiring more Trimps now though.

I have to keep my playtime short anyway, or my laptop overheats and shuts down. Like Cookie Clicker, no way I can just leave it running.

Knowed Out
09-21-2016, 07:40 PM
You can use the Helium to enhance Trimp abilities before your next reset. You can also choose a setting that gives you a slight disadvantage but a new perk when you finish. Didn't choose that option, because I only want to swallow one hook at a time.

HMS Irruncible
09-22-2016, 07:23 PM
I figured out that my slow battle progress was because I was trying to maximize employment and technological progress. When I boosted the population and left them idle to reproduce, I had a lot of extra cannon fodder to expend in the name of battlefield gains.

Unfortunately the game is now too depressing to play.

Knowed Out
09-23-2016, 10:00 AM
It kind of develops spurts. Sometimes an upgrade will lead to a better weapon or armor that is cheap to produce, so you buy buy buy and dominate. Then things level off, and you discover something like superhuts, so you buy buy buy, then zerg zerg zerg. Like the tooltip says, the trimps understand.

levdrakon
09-23-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm on my second run, zone 33. I have plenty of block now, but low on damage and always low on Trimps. I've got two Coordination upgrades I have to make but don't have the Trimps for it yet.

Has anyone done the Metal challenge? I gather you can't mine. Seems like it would be a hard challenge.

Knowed Out
09-23-2016, 03:54 PM
No, but I am trying out the training challenge. So far, it's not so bad. I'm not running through the zone as fast as before, but I should be able to develop more resources before the crunch period, where you can only play a few minutes then wait a half hour before making anything new.

Telperion
09-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Has anyone done the Metal challenge? I gather you can't mine. Seems like it would be a hard challenge.

It's not too bad, you can use the Mine button and since your own output doubles every level you can still do all the weapon research.

Personal
09-23-2016, 08:09 PM
All I can say is fuck.

I ran sandcastle builder for about 12 months, manually playing at least a little bit every day, some days for more time than I'd like to admit. I forced myself to stop early this year, although I kept the save file.

This is reminiscent of that, although more straightforward.

Just. Fuck.

Rigamarole
09-24-2016, 01:39 PM

It's pretty tough, but the perk it unlocks is well worth it for reducing the ridiculous/unattainable costs of the higher level weapon & armor upgrades.

levdrakon
09-24-2016, 02:08 PM
It's not too bad, you can use the Mine button and since your own output doubles every level you can still do all the weapon research.

It's pretty tough, but the perk it unlocks is well worth it for reducing the ridiculous/unattainable costs of the higher level weapon & armor upgrades.

I forgot about the button. Cool. I'm on level 34 or 35 now, and things have gotten really slow, so I think it's time to portal and start my third run-through.

Telperion
09-24-2016, 03:05 PM
I forgot about the button. Cool. I'm on level 34 or 35 now, and things have gotten really slow, so I think it's time to portal and start my third run-through.

Yeah, zone 36 has been like a brick wall for me so far since I can't keep up with Coordination research. Last game I even focused on Trumps and housing and was still short a good 2,500 trimps when I got there.

Knowed Out
09-24-2016, 03:52 PM
Trying out No Miners now. This is going to take a while, but I think I'll get to the point where I can block any attack. :-)

Telperion
09-24-2016, 04:10 PM
Trying out No Miners now. This is going to take a while, but I think I'll get to the point where I can block any attack. :-)

I'm doing the Size challenge and it hurts even more than I had expected because with the work force halved you still need the same amount of trainers to block effectively.

Rigamarole
09-25-2016, 04:06 AM
Yeah, zone 36 has been like a brick wall for me so far since I can't keep up with Coordination research. Last game I even focused on Trumps and housing and was still short a good 2,500 trimps when I got there.

I'm doing the Size challenge and it hurts even more than I had expected because with the work force halved you still need the same amount of trainers to block effectively.

What's even worse is that the new housing unit you unlock at zone 37 (wormholes) are basically unusable, because they cost helium to build, and it's not worth it to spend any of such a precious resource on them until much later (I just bought one wormhole last run to get the achievement, and portaled shortly after). According to the Wiki, this is the only housing structure that uses helium, and the next level of housing doesn't require it. But it also doesn't come until zone 50.

Makes for an extremely tough bottleneck since as you observe, it's not possible to build enough housing to keep up with Coordination.

Telperion
09-25-2016, 07:00 AM
Makes for an extremely tough bottleneck since as you observe, it's not possible to build enough housing to keep up with Coordination.

At least the perk from the Size challenge houses an extra 10% per level, so that should help. I've got Tauntimp too, but so far I haven't seen much of a boost from that.

Knowed Out
09-25-2016, 01:11 PM
No Miners is boooooooring. I made it to zone 12, and it's either wait for the trimps to take 5 minutes to kill a monster, or zerg zerg zerg constantly to do any damage.

levdrakon
09-25-2016, 01:22 PM
No Miners is boooooooring. I made it to zone 12, and it's either wait for the trimps to take 5 minutes to kill a monster, or zerg zerg zerg constantly to do any damage.I'm doing it now. So far it's okay. I'm just cranking up my block and cruising through maps. Only at zone 9 at the moment though. I just don't like having to leave the game running in a separate window to mine.

Telperion
09-25-2016, 02:24 PM
No Miners is boooooooring. I made it to zone 12, and it's either wait for the trimps to take 5 minutes to kill a monster, or zerg zerg zerg constantly to do any damage.

One thing that helped was to make maps with metal and run through them a few times for the bonus and to be able to afford weapon upgrades.

Johnny Bravo
09-27-2016, 08:36 AM
I'm at zone 32 and I think it's about time to do my first portal - what are the best things to spend on early? It seems like Bait and Looting are both good choices.

Knowed Out
09-27-2016, 08:44 AM
One thing that helped was to make maps with metal and run through them a few times for the bonus and to be able to afford weapon upgrades.

That's what I wound up doing, and I finally completed the run. Now it's my strategy for the next run. I used to have 3 times as many miners as farmers and carpenters. Now half my Trimps are farmers, 1/3 are carpenters, and I have more trainers than miners. I choose Mountains for maps to get my metal & gems. I otherwise build to increase block rating, which means wood for gyms and food for trainers.

I mainly have been using helium to increase productivity, and traded my first 50 bones for Whipimps, which increase productivity when defeated. I bought the The Artisan/Heirloom feature after completing the No Miner option, and the purple tag shows up, but I haven't seen any further development from that.

When do we get to go past zone 25?

Zyanthia
09-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Looting is definitely the go to early perk. It affects the helium you gather in each zone (except the zone 20 Blimp, that's a constant value of 45 helium).

I've always been a fan of Trumps, especially when doing the size challenge.

Power and toughness are also good to have.

Congrats on getting to 32 on your first portal though! When I'm starting a new game, I usually portal at 25 the first couple of times to build up my looting, trumps, power and toughness.

I am self-imposing a rule where I am only able to use the portal on Mondays :) Its really slowed the progression down, but it's kind of fun watching how much further I can get the next week.

My progression through 7 weeks is 35, 48 (metal challenge), 48 (size challenge), 63 (scientist challenge), 65 (Discipline challenge), 76 (scientist II challenge), 78 (Meditate challenge).

I am currently up to zone 68 for this week and am running the Trimp challenge.

I am a big fan of wormholes, once you are progressing to level 40+ regularly. To get to 50 in any meaningful time, I spend all helium I've earned up to 37 on wormholes, then never buy another one. The helium is the helium earned after buying wormholes. (Week 5 and 6 I accidentally bought extra worm holes after 37 :()

Week Zone Bone Helium Wormholes
1 35 23 234 0
2 48 4 410 17
3 48 28 567 19
4 63 13 3321 19
5 65 42 6102 25
6 76 21 14.2K 25
7 78 45 16.5K 24

Arcite
09-28-2016, 01:53 PM
OK, I've been playing this for about a week and have portaled twice. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but what exactly does "respec" mean? The game doesn't tell you, and the wiki doesn't either. It seems like it just assumes the player knows, but as far as I can tell from context, it means resetting your perks to zero. But why would I want to do that? Perks are more powerful; what good would it do me to reduce them?

Knowed Out
09-28-2016, 02:49 PM
I haven't tried it myself, but based on other games I've played, "Respec" means you're reimbursed the helium points you earned and can spend them in a different way. As you play the game more often, you might figure out a more optimal way to spread your points and want to do a little tweaking.

Telperion
09-28-2016, 02:59 PM
You may also need to specialize perks to take on different challenges, such as for Size you'll want Trumps as high as you can get to make sure you can increase Coordination.

k9bfriender
09-28-2016, 03:02 PM
OK, I've been playing this for about a week and have portaled twice. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but what exactly does "respec" mean? The game doesn't tell you, and the wiki doesn't either. It seems like it just assumes the player knows, but as far as I can tell from context, it means resetting your perks to zero. But why would I want to do that? Perks are more powerful; what good would it do me to reduce them?

You get all your helium points back to spend again, if you do this while portalling, you also get your accumulated points from this run. You can do this once per portal.

Arcite
09-28-2016, 06:39 PM
You may also need to specialize perks to take on different challenges, such as for Size you'll want Trumps as high as you can get to make sure you can increase Coordination.

Makes sense. I hadn't thought you would get the helium back, and as I mentioned, neither the game nor the wiki tells you. Though I also posted about this on Reddit, and someone who maintains the wiki updated the article, so now it does tell you.

k9bfriender
09-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Makes sense. I hadn't thought you would get the helium back, and as I mentioned, neither the game nor the wiki tells you. Though I also posted about this on Reddit, and someone who maintains the wiki updated the article, so now it does tell you.

The assumption I had from what I had gathered was that you got all your helium back, but you could only do it once, ever, as it said "per run" and everything else that talked about a soft reset said "per portal." I was incorrect in this assumption, and lost out on many respeccing opportunities in my first few runs.

If you haven't respecced yet on a run, you may want to towards the end to try to tweak out a couple more zones. You should gain enough helium to put back anything that speeds things up in the early zones.

Johnny Bravo
09-28-2016, 07:42 PM
My awkward confession:

On my second run, I was around zone 20 and trying to figure out why the hell I hadn't found the shield upgrade from hitpoints->blocking. I had to go to the wiki to figure out that you get it from running the first unique map you find.

Arcite
09-28-2016, 09:21 PM
If you haven't respecced yet on a run, you may want to towards the end to try to tweak out a couple more zones. You should gain enough helium to put back anything that speeds things up in the early zones.

But if you respec in mid-run, can you spend helium then and there on perks? I was under the impression the only time you can spend helium and get perks is when you portal.

Rigamarole
09-29-2016, 03:24 AM
But if you respec in mid-run, can you spend helium then and there on perks?

Sure can.

k9bfriender
09-29-2016, 09:03 AM
But if you respec in mid-run, can you spend helium then and there on perks? I was under the impression the only time you can spend helium and get perks is when you portal.

You can spend all the helium that you have gathered on previous runs. I am pretty sure you don't get to spend the helium you have gotten so far this run.

Rigamarole
09-29-2016, 04:14 PM
You can spend all the helium that you have gathered on previous runs. I am pretty sure you don't get to spend the helium you have gotten so far this run.

Ah yeah, should have clarified that. If you get a new perk (i.e. through completing a challenge), you can respec in order to spend points on that. But you only get to spend the helium you had when you started the run. Correct that the newly-earned helium only carries over to the next run.

Knowed Out
09-30-2016, 08:46 AM
I still haven't figured out how to get past zone 25. I get a snarky "Ooh, you're such a rebel" message and the zone repeats. Has anybody done it?

Telperion
09-30-2016, 08:58 AM
I still haven't figured out how to get past zone 25. I get a snarky "Ooh, you're such a rebel" message and the zone repeats. Has anybody done it?

I've never even seen that. Maybe you need to finish the Dimension of Anger first?

levdrakon
09-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Still slogging along on the Metal challenge. It started getting slow around zone 12 or 13. Making progress though. On zone 17 now.

Knowed Out
09-30-2016, 02:29 PM
I've never even seen that. Maybe you need to finish the Dimension of Anger first?

I purposely avoided Anger so I could see what happens when I don't go that route. Got stuck in repeat 25 mode, so I finished Anger and got the reset. Some folks here are talking about working the Size challenge, which you can't reach until level 35. Maybe I'm confusing zone with level, but I don't see that I'm level anything.

Munch
09-30-2016, 10:40 PM
You can squeeze some extra storage of your food and wood before you head out away from your computer by banking it in a "max" order of traps.

Knowed Out
09-30-2016, 11:10 PM
OK, got to level 26. Don't know what I did right.

Rigamarole
10-01-2016, 03:01 PM
On zone 49 today, pushing for zone 50 in order to hit Collectors (have portaled 5 times so far). Even with 8 ranks of Carpentry and 20 Wormholes, stopped being able to keep up with Coordination a few zones ago and slogged through by beefing up my block as much as possible. Carpentry is definitely essential to getting higher.

And beat my first Void Map and got an heirloom shield that gives +4% block multiplier, so that's cool.

Also I've bought Whipimps and Tauntimps and am happy with both (at zone 49, I'm getting +51.1% production speed from the Whipimps and 6K of my 120K Trimps are from Tauntimps). Not sure what to buy next from the Bone Trader though... a permanent upgrade seems better than a one-time deal, but the other imps don't seem too impressive. Maybe buy another heirloom for 30 bones? I don't know.

Arcite
10-01-2016, 03:22 PM
You can squeeze some extra storage of your food and wood before you head out away from your computer by banking it in a "max" order of traps.

I don't get it. How does that get you extra storage of food and wood? All that gets you is a bunch of extra traps. Is there a way to convert them back into food and wood?

Rigamarole
10-01-2016, 03:26 PM
I don't get it. How does that get you extra storage of food and wood? All that gets you is a bunch of extra traps. Is there a way to convert them back into food and wood?

Assuming the foremen haven't completed the order when you return, you can cancel whatever is remaining in the build queue for a refund on the resource cost of whatever's left (this goes for any buildings in the build queue).

Personally though I just try to plan for enough forges/sheds/barns to hold production overnight or whatever, if possible. It's a little irritating that there is an Auto-Storage upgrade apparently, but you have to progress extremely far in the game before that unlocks (complete a Void Map on zone 150+).

Munch
10-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Personally though I just try to plan for enough forges/sheds/barns to hold production overnight or whatever, if possible.
Yes - absolutely. This just squeezes a little extra out. I doubt it makes a difference, but this is a min/max game to begin with.

Telperion
10-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Yes - absolutely. This just squeezes a little extra out. I doubt it makes a difference, but this is a min/max game to begin with.

I just build whatever I can afford before I go to bed. It's not like there's any such thing as too many houses.

Munch
10-01-2016, 08:17 PM
I just build whatever I can afford before I go to bed. It's not like there's any such thing as too many houses.
Right - I'm saying max out all the buildings you can build, and squeeze out the last drops of utility by doing a "max" trap build.

Knowed Out
10-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Before I finish playing for the day, I upgrade all my container buildings as high as possible. Next morning, maximum resource joy.

levdrakon
10-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Got through the Metal challenge, and got all my miners back. I'll do a few more levels, make some more helium and then it's on to the next challenge I guess.

Knowed Out
10-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Trying out Size. Maxed out my trumps and got to zone 12. Be glad when this is over. :-)

Knowed Out
10-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Finished Size. It wasn't so bad after all. I wound up getting more resources made and ready to spend.

I'm trying out max Range and Power this time out, to see if it helps with Void. So far, I'm outpacing my resource output and having to wait for it to catch up. I'll see how it gets in later zones.

Zyanthia
10-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Hmm, weird, my response disappeared, but I did say Congrats on Size :D. Hope you are enjoying your carpentry perk.

Knowed Out
10-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Got the new perk Carpentry and maxed it out. Nonstop clicking ensued and I had to take a break.

Rigamarole
10-04-2016, 03:07 AM
Broke the planet finally! Had portaled 6 times, and was running this build (http://i.imgur.com/tUKNl6R.png). Was really relying on my high block though since I was so far behind in Coordination... now that enemies on 60+ have that block-piercing ability, it's quite tough. But on the bright side, the 90% reduction in equipment costs makes it possible to actually catch up a bit in that department. I want to see if I can get a bit further, but will likely be portaling again soon.

Telperion
10-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Wow, you must be a lot more patient than me, I get to about zone 45 and then progress slows to a crawl because my army gets instakilled by snimps most of the time and I restart. It's a bit scary that Trimptopia has a casualty rate of about 15,000% of the population, too.

Rigamarole
10-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Wow, you must be a lot more patient than me, I get to about zone 45 and then progress slows to a crawl because my army gets instakilled by snimps most of the time and I restart. It's a bit scary that Trimptopia has a casualty rate of about 15,000% of the population, too.

Are you getting the Gymystic on zone 45? Keep in mind that you get one every 5 levels up through 55, and those + as many gyms you can buy is absolutely crucial for maxing out your block (it becomes much more important than the shield. In fact - shield starts becoming pretty useless compared to gyms). Through most of the 50s, enemies weren't doing any damage to me at all because my block was higher than their entire attack range. It still took a long time to chip away at their massive health pools compared to my meager attack value, but it was doable.

Also, prioritize food production and tributes, because gems become your most important and limited resource later when you need to build Collectors (they cost a ton of gems). And even moreso later for Warpstations, I'm learning now.

Telperion
10-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Are you getting the Gymystic on zone 45?

I looked just now and apparently my highest run noped out on zone 44 because it was taking too long. I'd probably do better on it now with a couple more perks, so I'll give it another shot. I need to unlock more challenges anyway, and Scientist 2 looks like it could be useful.

Zyanthia
10-04-2016, 02:39 PM
One thing I've been curious about on these types of games, is there a mathematical formula that you can use to optimize your workforce? Is it more optimal to have 10K miners and 1K farmers to keep your gear up to date, or is it more optimal to have 10K farmers and 1K miners so you can have more trimps faster?

(I know, I left wood out but I was trying to keep it simple and 2 variables is easier than 3).

Rigamarole
10-04-2016, 02:59 PM
One thing I've been curious about on these types of games, is there a mathematical formula that you can use to optimize your workforce? Is it more optimal to have 10K miners and 1K farmers to keep your gear up to date, or is it more optimal to have 10K farmers and 1K miners so you can have more trimps faster?

(I know, I left wood out but I was trying to keep it simple and 2 variables is easier than 3).

There are just way too many variables for one clean formula. And the state of the game changes significantly at certain key points, so it's best to focus on those:

Early zones: a roughly equal ratio of all 3 resources is fine.

Late 30s through 59: prioritize food production (not for "having more Trimps faster" though, but so you can buy as many tributes as possible to increase your gem production). You will need the gems in order to buy as many Collectors as possible from 50-59. But also make sure you have enough wood to buy enough gyms to keep your block higher than the enemy's attack (this isn't that hard when you hit the key Gymystic levels: 40/45/50/55). As long as you meet that requirement, you don't need any more wood.

Metal is not as important during these levels, because the cost of higher tier equipment becomes prohibitively high and you don't need it if your block meets the minimum standard explained above. As long as you have at least ~700 Qa combined health and block (and it will be almost entirely block), you can make it through 59 and stop purchasing any equipment upgrades.

60+: After breaking the planet at zone 60, all the equipment costs are reduced by 90%, and at this point metal becomes extremely important and should be prioritized. Not only for that reason, but also because Warpstations cost a massive amount of metal in addition to gems. My ratio of farmers/lumberjacks/miners now is roughly 2:1:4.

Knowed Out
10-04-2016, 03:43 PM
I've found it's important to have about half farmers in the first 20-30 levels, because food is usually the biggest component of housing structures, followed closely by wood. Also, food costs for trainers get high really quick. Wood of course is essential for blocking shields and gyms. The problem with metal is that you don't need much of it when weapons & armor are levels I-IV, but at higher levels you do, and lots of it. I usually wind up with a crapload of Weapon and Armor Upgrades I can't afford, and when I do buy them, I have to wait forever till I can make actual items. Using perks that increase trimp productivity helps considerably.

I also thought I didn't need that many Explorers, 4-5 at most. But when Gateways become unlocked, now I need hundreds. :-)

TruCelt
10-05-2016, 03:22 AM
I've only gotten up to about zone 37. But so far I've found that keeping the upgrade setting on "Equip" allows me to get the best possible points for the least resources. I only buy shield, dagger, and occasionally boots. By keeping it on Equip these are always upgraded first, and so I never have to pay the high price of swords and breastplates to have the highest available damage and health. I never even buy the upgrades for the other equipment.

TruCelt
10-05-2016, 08:57 AM
I got through the "size" challenge last night. I really barely noticed it. There are fewer of them, but they accomplish more, so it pretty much balances out. The Trimp bonus at the end of the Anger map was delicious, though.

Folks keep talking about maxing out "Trumps". I've never bought that one, it seems pretty useless, really. All that helium for an extra 8 or 9 Trimps per level? It seems to me that carpentry and motivation will get you a lot more for a lot less, although I haven't done the math.

Knowed Out
10-05-2016, 09:37 AM
I maxed out Carpentry and Motivation for this go-round, and it had a weird effect. I didn't get any Upgrades for weapons and armor II until zone 15. I think those Upgrades occur in Maps. I kept going through all the World zones on Autofight. Even though I was nickle-and-diming the monster imps a lot more than usual, my reproduction rate kept up to the point where there was no idle combat time. I finally put a stop to it and created a Map, then found the Upgrades.

Telperion
10-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Folks keep talking about maxing out "Trumps". I've never bought that one, it seems pretty useless, really. All that helium for an extra 8 or 9 Trimps per level? It seems to me that carpentry and motivation will get you a lot more for a lot less, although I haven't done the math.

Carpentry works on Trumps too, which makes every territory expansion give about 20 trimps after some upgrades. It's somewhat less useful at higher zones when housing is better, but it's nice not to have to build a lot of houses at the start.

k9bfriender
10-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I've only gotten up to about zone 37. But so far I've found that keeping the upgrade setting on "Equip" allows me to get the best possible points for the least resources. I only buy shield, dagger, and occasionally boots. By keeping it on Equip these are always upgraded first, and so I never have to pay the high price of swords and breastplates to have the highest available damage and health. I never even buy the upgrades for the other equipment.

When I get stuck, I run a metal map, on repeat forever. This can triple or more your metal production.

Also makes sure you are current on all your upgrades.

levdrakon
10-05-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm doing Size now. Hit zone 14 and things are getting rough. Just need to let the game sit a bit and build resources. I was kind of hurrying to get through the challenge. I did get a bonus for clearing The Block within a few hours or so.

I'll have to try this "Equip" thing.

Spent bones and got my first Imp-ort, a Whipimp.

Knowed Out
10-05-2016, 02:58 PM
I like the Whipimps.

I have a question: when you click on Settings and the bottom panel expands, how do you get it to collapse again? The only way I can do it is by reloading.

k9bfriender
10-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I like the Whipimps.

I have a question: when you click on Settings and the bottom panel expands, how do you get it to collapse again? The only way I can do it is by reloading.

Should be able to just click settings again.

Rigamarole
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM

No, you're correct - Trumps is a garbage perk. Carpentry is by far the most important perk for pushing higher levels, which is huge as once you break the planet you're getting 500+ He per zone (that's also with some Looting tacked on). It's definitely worth pushing for that once you are able to reach zone 50 (and if you can reach 37 and buy Wormholes, you can probably reach 50) - see my previous posts for some tips on getting there.

Arcite
10-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Broke the planet finally! Had portaled 6 times, and was running this build (http://i.imgur.com/tUKNl6R.png). Was really relying on my high block though since I was so far behind in Coordination... now that enemies on 60+ have that block-piercing ability, it's quite tough. But on the bright side, the 90% reduction in equipment costs makes it possible to actually catch up a bit in that department. I want to see if I can get a bit further, but will likely be portaling again soon.
Can someone explain (to someone who's not yet gone beyond Zone 30) why people refer to not being able to catch up in Coordination? Does its expense start to increase that much? I always buy coordination as soon as I start a new zone.

Also, where the game shows me helium per hour, does that mean I'm passively accumulating helium while just sitting there like the other resources, or is that just the amount I've earned by defeating blimps divided by the number of hours I've been playing?

Rigamarole
10-06-2016, 01:37 AM
Can someone explain (to someone who's not yet gone beyond Zone 30) why people refer to not being able to catch up in Coordination? Does its expense start to increase that much? I always buy coordination as soon as I start a new zone.

It's not the expense of the upgrade. It's because there's a certain minimum max Trimps that are required in order to be able to send your fighting group into battle. According to the Wiki the requirement is that [Max. Trimps available] >= ([Current fighting group size] * 3). And since that fighting group is expanding by 25% compounding every single zone, it quickly gets to the point that it's no longer possible to build enough housing to support the max Trimps you need in order to purchase the upgrade. Which is why Carpentry (the perk you get from completing the Size challenge) is so crucial, as it allows you to have a much higher number of max Trimps.

Also, where the game shows me helium per hour, does that mean I'm passively accumulating helium while just sitting there like the other resources, or is that just the amount I've earned by defeating blimps divided by the number of hours I've been playing?

The latter. Basically just an indicator of how well you're doing on He for that particular run (it adjusts itself when you end up spending He on Wormholes, or gain bonus He from challenges such as Balance).

Knowed Out
10-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Should be able to just click settings again.

Of course. It's always something simple. :smack:

Arcite
10-06-2016, 11:17 AM
It's not the expense of the upgrade. It's because there's a certain minimum max Trimps that are required in order to be able to send your fighting group into battle. According to the Wiki the requirement is that [Max. Trimps available] >= ([Current fighting group size] * 3). And since that fighting group is expanding by 25% compounding every single zone, it quickly gets to the point that it's no longer possible to build enough housing to support the max Trimps you need in order to purchase the upgrade.
So, what happens when you get to that point--does the game grey out the Coordination upgrade and prevent you from purchasing it, or do you purchase it and find that you're stuck because you can't afford the massive amount of housing needed to build up a new fighting group?

levdrakon
10-06-2016, 11:33 AM
So, what happens when you get to that point--does the game grey out the Coordination upgrade and prevent you from purchasing it, or do you purchase it and find that you're stuck because you can't afford the massive amount of housing needed to build up a new fighting group?

You're playing along not paying attention to the cost of Coordination, then suddenly it's greyed out and you hover over it and find you're short 500 Trimps. No biggie. Next zone suddenly you're short 700, then 1400, and it gets crazier. So yeah, you need to start piling on massive amounts of housing.

Finished up Size this morning. Another level or two and I'll portal again. That's it for challenges until I hit zone 40.

ETA: I used the "Equip" option under the map section but I haven't noticed anything different. I still get the upgrades in the same order. First Shield, then the weapons and health stuff.

TruCelt
10-06-2016, 01:38 PM
If you don't stay in maps long enough to get the upgrades for the wholw tier, then go up a zone or two im the world, when you come back to maps shield will upgrade to the highest available level, tnen dagger, and so on.

Right now my shield is on 6, but my sword upgrade only goes up to three. They generally catch up when i leave a map running all night.

Knowed Out
10-07-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm trying out the Dagger/Boots strat. The wiki (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment) says they're the most cost-effective. So far, it's working. There's no metal wasted on the other upgrades, so the click-everything tactic is out. Before, I felt like I had to click every upgrade possible, but it eventually led me into a production pit that I could never climb out of because I could never keep up with the upgrades. Now I've learned patience is key in this game.

Knowed Out
10-08-2016, 11:05 AM
So, any tips for doing Void maps? I'm thinking the only thing I can do is leave Traps on overnight.

Telperion
10-08-2016, 11:51 AM
So, any tips for doing Void maps? I'm thinking the only thing I can do is leave Traps on overnight.

Block as much as possible and just tough it out. Also do them after zone 41 if you can, rare heirlooms are quite a step up from the previous tiers.

Johnny Bravo
10-08-2016, 02:54 PM
At what point does the ability to power through maps kick in? I always slow way down around zone 30 and have portalled several times.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Void maps scale to the level you're on, so early on you definitely want to do them on one of the levels that you get gymystic on (25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55) after learning the gymystic for that level. You know how everything gets really easy just after learning gymystic? That works on Void maps too. Ideally wait until least 45 because the loot gets better there. Levels 30-59 you should be concentrating on block rather than armor IMO, at least until you have enough helium to get large boosts from the artisanistry, toughness, and resilience perks. Because block doesn't scale with perks, it's disproportionally good for lower-perked players.

Once you reach level 40, the balance challenge is simultaneously faster than an unchallenged run and more helium, at least once you adjust to it. Repeatable and highly recommended, though I've basically been doing other challenges each run, once I run out of those I plan to repeat that a few times.

As far as I can tell, the ability to power through maps sort of smoothly scales, with a bit of a blip at 37 one way or the other depending if you buy wormholes. As you double your helium spent in perks, levels for you will slow down maybe 5 levels later. At least so far- I'm not all that much ahead, for me things slow down in the 40s then briefly speed up again when Collectors become available at 50. The last couple of runs I've made it into the 60s, but things really slow down after breaking the planet.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-08-2016, 04:17 PM
I'm trying out the Dagger/Boots strat. The wiki (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment) says they're the most cost-effective. So far, it's working. There's no metal wasted on the other upgrades, so the click-everything tactic is out. Before, I felt like I had to click every upgrade possible, but it eventually led me into a production pit that I could never climb out of because I could never keep up with the upgrades. Now I've learned patience is key in this game.

Well, as the wiki says they're most cost-effective at the same prestige level.

I read this and thought it might be useful. Right now I'm considering the two upgrades Greatersword 9 or Dagadder 10. Ignoring prestige level, Greatsword is the worst and dagger is the best, right?

Greatersword 9 with my current level of artisanistry costs 7.09 Qa metal for a 70.9B weapon. Dagadder 10 is 15.3 Qa metal for a 151B weapon. The numbers here happen to be very close to a nice even factor of 10000 different, so it's easy to see that the lower tier Greatersword is a very sightly a better deal than the higher tier Dagger. For completeness I should mention that the replaced sword is 7.39B and the tier higher replaced dagger would be 15.8B and everything is level 1.

I don't know if that's true for every tier level, but I don't think that generalizing to only buy pants and dagger is a good plan, because each new tier is somewhat less cost-effective than the one before. Like Coordination, I'm nowhere near caught up to buying all available upgrades.

levdrakon
10-08-2016, 05:14 PM
I tried the Dagger & Boots only thing, but I've started to really struggle on damage and health. I had to go ahead and start buying the other upgrades.

Knowed Out
10-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Finally got through the Voids after making zone 45.

Like Lev, I found the dagger/boots strat isn't working so well any more. It takes forever to kill imp mobs while waiting for the next weapon level, so I upgraded maces.

I kinda wish I hadn't spent Helium earlier, but I don't think it would have made much difference in the long run as far as keeping up with Coordination. Maybe it's time to Portal and take up the Meditate challenge.

Peter Morris
10-12-2016, 09:49 PM
I'll have 50 bones soon. Any recommendations which imp-ort I should buy?

I'm thinking the 0.3 percent production speed is the most useful.

What does "45 seconds of production" actually do? How much production in that time?

TruCelt
10-12-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm working through the balance challenge. It's not too bad. Shield/Dagger is still working for me, but I may add Mace if it doesn't speed up soon. This particular challenge is block-heavy, so boots are a waste of money.

Like I said, I haven't done the math, but when you do, be sure to factor in the savings on not buying the other upgrades. A whole lot of metal is wasted on all those different pieces.

Also, my rhythm may be very different than yours, because my games grinds in a map through most of each day and night, and I just drop in for an hour on and off in the morning and again after dinner. I'm not actively "playing" the way some of you are.

Knowed Out
10-13-2016, 10:56 AM

That's what I bought. I also bought Heirlooms. Unequipped Heirlooms become recycled into 10 Nulifium when you Portal or when you find better Heirlooms and want to get rid of the extra, but you can save up 40 Nul and buy extra Heirloom slots.

I'm trying out the Meditate challenge, which doubles the strength and health of the monster imps, and increases your imps' gathering by 25%. The buffed monster imps aren't so bad until zone 25. The dagger/boot strat kind of goes out the door then because you need all the increased attack and health you can get because blockage isn't enough, even after getting Gymtastic.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-13-2016, 11:57 AM

What does "45 seconds of production" actually do? How much production in that time?

Whipimps first, followed closely by Tauntimps. Extra population is very very nice, it in effect gives production and breeding speed directly and allows more coordination buys as you become population limited for that. Venimps are also nice but a tier down in my opinion, those three are what I've bought so far. I will probably buy Magnimps next.

45 seconds of production is pretty much what it says, as I understand it. If it randomly selects metal, for example, and your current production is 10k metal/sec, then 45 x 10k = 450k metal will appear in your inventory immediately. Then it's over until you kill another Jestimp.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-13-2016, 12:18 PM
That's what I bought. I also bought Heirlooms. Unequipped Heirlooms become recycled into 10 Nulifium when you Portal or when you find better Heirlooms and want to get rid of the extra, but you can save up 40 Nul and buy extra Heirloom slots.

I'm trying out the Meditate challenge, which doubles the strength and health of the monster imps, and increases your imps' gathering by 25%. The buffed monster imps aren't so bad until zone 25. The dagger/boot strat kind of goes out the door then because you need all the increased attack and health you can get because blockage isn't enough, even after getting Gymtastic.

I'm not planning on buying anything other than Im-ports until I have all of them. Well, maybe not Goblimp. The amount of Nullifium you get from a recycled heirloom isn't a flat 10, it scales with rarity: 5 for common, 10 for uncommon, etc.

Meditate is sort of like Balance lite, with imps not quite as buffed but your production also not as buffed. As to dagger/boot, it's important to realize that each new tier is roughly half as cost-effective as the previous one. Always buy lower tier first if available regardless of type- those relative efficiency numbers are only relevant when comparing options within the same tier. Once you've bought all, say, the tier 3 weapons, then I would agree with buying tier 4 dagger next.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-13-2016, 12:30 PM
Oh, apparently the '45 seconds of production' is affected by loot multipliers like magnimps, looting, etc. So usually it's better than it sounds.

levdrakon
10-13-2016, 01:11 PM
As far as I can tell, the ability to power through maps sort of smoothly scales, with a bit of a blip at 37 one way or the other depending if you buy wormholes. As you double your helium spent in perks, levels for you will slow down maybe 5 levels later. At least so far- I'm not all that much ahead, for me things slow down in the 40s then briefly speed up again when Collectors become available at 50. The last couple of runs I've made it into the 60s, but things really slow down after breaking the planet.I'm on 37 now. Things have gotten tough, but I did just unlock Wormhole. I'd like to power through to zone 40 and unlock my next challenge. Boy, those Coordinations get demanding, though. My damage and health have gotten pretty useless.

Someone upthread said to only buy one Wormhole?

Telperion
10-13-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't really get what feyimps do. "Drops 15X gems" I assume means that they give out 15 times normal gem loot, but there is no gem loot on the zone map. Do they add gem loot there also?

In other news, I'm trying out a run with healthshield and it actually works out quite well on the higher zones, since 20% of monster damage passes through block anyway past level 60 and it's easier to afford upgrading to the next level of shields than the metal health boosts because of warpstations.

Peter Morris
10-13-2016, 02:18 PM
I don't really get what feyimps do. "Drops 15X gems" I assume means that they give out 15 times normal gem loot, but there is no gem loot on the zone map. Do they add gem loot there also?

Once you get a dragimp and start building tributes, you get gems every second.

Still, 15 seconds of gems doesn't sound terribly useful. I've not tried it, though.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-13-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm on 37 now. Things have gotten tough, but I did just unlock Wormhole. I'd like to power through to zone 40 and unlock my next challenge. Boy, those Coordinations get demanding, though. My damage and health have gotten pretty useless.

Someone upthread said to only buy one Wormhole?

Well, in addition to just being a building, the very first ever Wormhole you buy gives you an Achievement for +1% damage... which is more than a 10 helium value at that point.

The primary advice I would say about Wormholes is: however many you're going to buy on the run, buy them all on level 37 where they'll do you the most good. Don't be tempted to buy them in the 40s when it slows down more.

If you're planning to stop at or shortly after 40, then buying one for the small boost and achievement seems like a decent plan.

The first time I decided to push on to level 50 I bought 10 in a row during level 37. (due to a quirk in rounding rules, it's better to buy Wormholes individually rather than in multiples.) Once I got to level 50 I made it clear to 60- Collectors are great once you get that far, though I should point out that this run took multiple days that first time.

I don't buy Wormholes any more, but they seem reasonable to buy the first few times you plan to push to 50.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-13-2016, 04:41 PM

In other news, I'm trying out a run with healthshield and it actually works out quite well on the higher zones, since 20% of monster damage passes through block anyway past level 60 and it's easier to afford upgrading to the next level of shields than the metal health boosts because of warpstations.

I don't have them either, as I read the code it's 15x what the normal gem loot would be on the same level's map square that had the gem icon.

The nifty thing about feyimps, as I understand it, is that they let you get gems before level 6. This is particularly helpful if you've completed the Scientist II challenge and have tier 2 equipment upgrades unlocked at the start.

Arcite
10-13-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm at the point where I'm getting void maps, and man are these things tough. (My last run I had only gotten 1 before portaling. This run, I have 2.) I'm following the advice I read somewhere on the reddit to do them right after you get a Gymystic. So I got my Zone 35 Gymystic and am now attempting to slog through the 2 void maps. It takes forever, and twice now I've had to abandon the one I'm on when I get stuck on an enemy which strikes first and has more minimum damage than my combined shield and block, to go farm metal for hours so I can upgrade my equipment. And this map has a difficulty level of 150%... the next one is 250%. I feel like I'm missing something. Is there an easier way?

Arcite
10-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Also, I'm getting frustrated at my inability to afford Gateways for lack of fragments. Is there a better way to farm fragments? It's getting hard to buy more Explorers because the food cost is so high, and each one finds so few fragments. Is there an upgrade later on that increases the fragments per explorer? Does the flutimp help that much?

Some Call Me... Tim
10-13-2016, 06:40 PM
Void maps are always a lot harder than the current zone, so pretty much whenever you do them they'll take extra time. For a level 35 map I wouldn't recommend farming metal, rather farm wood for gyms. (With a side order of food for trainers.)

Still, it might take hours. Doing it right after getting gymystic makes it easier... not easy.

Gateways are nifty right after you get them but get too expensive to be worth it fairly quickly. Explorers scale up in price quickly, too. Supposedly at high levels the amount dropped is pretty significant, for whatever that's worth, but I'm not there yet. I don't yet have flutimp.

Knowed Out
10-14-2016, 08:16 AM
I had two void maps by the time I reached 45, then I was finally able to conquer them. Cthulimp fights last forever, but by that time you'll have 20K+ trapped imps and can let loose the imps of war. Wimps?

levdrakon
10-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Oi, I'm now on zone 38. I can't leave my laptop grinding all night, so I just fire up the game, bite off a chunk or two, then let resources build for a good while.

I've bought two Wormholes, but want to save my He for my next portal at zone 40, which will also be a new challenge. Any suggestions for how to tweak my percs?

Rigamarole
10-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Whipimps first, followed closely by Tauntimps. Extra population is very very nice, it in effect gives production and breeding speed directly and allows more coordination buys as you become population limited for that. Venimps are also nice but a tier down in my opinion, those three are what I've bought so far. I will probably buy Magnimps next.

The nifty thing about feyimps, as I understand it, is that they let you get gems before level 6. This is particularly helpful if you've completed the Scientist II challenge and have tier 2 equipment upgrades unlocked at the start.

Yes, the Feyimps are great for that - having gems and T2 equipment unlocked immediately means you can absolutely fly through the early zones after portaling.

But they're also good because from 50-60 and onwards, gems become your absolute most important resource (followed by gems + metal 60+). Collectors start off expensive (500B for the first one), which is why I stress food production and maxing out your tributes as you are on the way to 50, or you won't be able to buy any right away. The Feyimps don't provide a ton of gems, but since gems are so precious at this point in the game, every bit counts.

Also, breed speed is not really important at all pre-broken planet. But it becomes much more important after breaking the planet, because your breed speed gets reduced by 90% at that point. There's also a new balancing act that comes up once you hit zone 70, which I just got to - it unlocks the Geneticist job (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Geneticist), which synergizes with the Anticipation perk from the Trapper challenge that also unlocks at that point.

For those of you who are still struggling in the late 30s and 40s (which seems to be a lot of you), you have to decide when you are going to push for breaking the planet. If you are not pushing, you don't want to waste a lot of helium yet on Wormholes. But if you are ready to push, I agree with the strategy that's been mentioned of spending all helium earned up to zone 37 on them (buy them one at a time, as someone mentioned, as it ends up cheaper than buying in bulk), and then spending no further helium on them later. This is when you set your sights on 50 and gem production so you can buy Collectors for the final push to 60.

I did my first run to 60 after 5 portals, with a build I posted upthread, but I understand this is a little on the early side for most (and that run did take several days). If you have in that neighborhood of 5-7 portals under your belt though, you should really be thinking about making the push soon. The amount of helium you will make once you start breaking the planet increases massively, and is critical for your long-term progress. I'm now at 10 portals with 5 broken planets and 33.2K He earned total.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-14-2016, 08:35 PM
I did my first run to 60 after 5 portals, with a build I posted upthread, but I understand this is a little on the early side for most (and that run did take several days). If you have in that neighborhood of 5-7 portals under your belt though, you should really be thinking about making the push soon. The amount of helium you will make once you start breaking the planet increases massively, and is critical for your long-term progress. I'm now at 10 portals with 5 broken planets and 33.2K He earned total.

I agree that gems are important, but I can't speak to how significant feyimps would be because I don't have them. I wasn't expecting them to be much in comparison to how much you're pumping up the Dragimp, but like I said I don't really know. I bought Venimps after breaking the planet, which is partly why they seemed like a good idea. I did grab magnimps as my fourth Imp-ort.

I'm at about the same progress that you are, coincidentally I also have 10 and 5 portals and broken planets, though with 59k I'm a bit ahead on helium. I'm trying to push to level 100 this run, which will take a while, but the reward from Frugal seems so amazing that I just have to shoot for it.

Rigamarole
10-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Sounds like you're probably pushing to slightly higher zones than I have been, which is surely worth it He/hr-wise but I just get impatient when the zones start taking a few hours each and portal. I'm getting Venimps next, and saving the Trapper challenge until I have enough spare He to put some points into Anticipation.

I think I'm going to start running the Balance challenges on any run when I'm not doing another challenge (so far I've only completed it once, and have also completed all other available challenges except Decay and Trapper). The downside isn't too great that I can't power through fairly easily, and get some bonus He to boot.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-15-2016, 12:46 AM
It's sort of the reverse - I think the best helium/hour for me would be from chaining 2ish hour balance challenges, but that requires me to be at keys the whole time. On my current run the best helium/hour was 1189, Z:44. I'm a few hours into day two now and am down to 423/hr at zone 70.

Balance is in all ways better than no challenge, both faster to complete and better helium. You should have enough perks that balance's bonus production is a larger advantage for you than the buffed enemies is a disadvantage. Just do straight block for the 30s levels, and with +250% production those gyms won't take too long to build.

levdrakon
10-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Phew, punched my way to zone 42 this morning. So, now I've got two more challenges, Balance and Scientist. I've portaled 4 times. Which to do first? Balance says to go for zone 40 again? Scientist seems shorter.

Rigamarole
10-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Phew, punched my way to zone 42 this morning. So, now I've got two more challenges, Balance and Scientist. I've portaled 4 times. Which to do first? Balance says to go for zone 40 again? Scientist seems shorter.

Scientist and Scientist II are both worth it for the starting bonus that makes your life easier when portaling. Balance is a repeatable He challenge that doesn't reward any new perks.

Peter Morris
10-16-2016, 12:39 AM
when creating maps, is there any advantage to increasing size and difficulty above minimum? Or setting loot anything other than maximum?

Arcite
10-16-2016, 01:40 AM
when creating maps, is there any advantage to increasing size and difficulty above minimum? Or setting loot anything other than maximum?
Watch what happens as you move the sliders. As you move them up, you're adjusting the range of their attributes to "more desirable." For size and difficulty, this means lower numbers, not higher. Moving the sliders to the right decreases the maximum size and difficulty of the created map.

Peter Morris
10-16-2016, 02:02 AM
aH. OK. Thanks for that.

USCDiver
10-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Watch what happens as you move the sliders. As you move them up, you're adjusting the range of their attributes to "more desirable." For size and difficulty, this means lower numbers, not higher. Moving the sliders to the right decreases the maximum size and difficulty of the created map.

:smack:

levdrakon
10-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Scientist and Scientist II are both worth it for the starting bonus that makes your life easier when portaling. Balance is a repeatable He challenge that doesn't reward any new perks.
Arg! Scientist is a terrible challenge!

Munch
10-16-2016, 11:36 AM
Arg! Scientist is a terrible challenge!

It's not too bad (I haven't done Scientist II yet) - you need to focus on having just enough block/health to survive, and realize that loot accumulation is completely unimportant. There's a guide on the wiki, but if you don't want to do that, I'd at least look up the science costs of Coordination, and work backwards.

levdrakon
10-16-2016, 02:34 PM
It's not too bad (I haven't done Scientist II yet) - you need to focus on having just enough block/health to survive, and realize that loot accumulation is completely unimportant. There's a guide on the wiki, but if you don't want to do that, I'd at least look up the science costs of Coordination, and work backwards.

Yeah, I should have read the wiki. I'm just wasting tons of metal on upgrading my baby gear and trying to build up my food & wood for Trainers and Gyms. Sloooow going. I've already started plowing through The Block so I ain't quitting now, even if it takes all day and maybe tomorrow.

Rigamarole
10-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Read this guide (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Scientist_II) when you do Scientist II, and it's fairly easy.

(When Science III and IV unlock, those seem much more limiting since they only grant 1500 and 70 science, respectively. However at that point in the game, you're basically relying on perks to carry you through)

As it is I don't think anyone here has even entered the mid-game yet. There's a nice long, looong arc to this game's storyline with plenty of new features and stuff to unlock along the way.

Munch
10-16-2016, 09:18 PM
I broke the world on my last playthrough (I'm currently slogging through the last map upgrades on lvl 59 before doing it again). What a massive wall to hit that is. Managed to get to lvl 65, and had to portal since it was so slow.

Arcite
10-16-2016, 09:30 PM
I broke the world on my last playthrough (I'm currently slogging through the last map upgrades on lvl 59 before doing it again). What a massive wall to hit that is. Managed to get to lvl 65, and had to portal since it was so slow.

How'd you do it? I'm thinking I should try on my next run, but things keep getting so slow. Challenges I've done so far are Discipline, Metal, Size, and Scientist I. I'm currently on my Scientist I run and am on Zone 39. My highest Zone reached was 40, on my last run. I was thinking this run I'd push through till 45. But with each zone progress gets exponentially slower, and to think I'd have 15 more zones to go beyond that to reach 60... Housing gets so expensive unless you spend helium on Wormholes, and it's even hard to buy many Gateways since fragments accumulate so slowly. What's the trick?

Munch
10-16-2016, 09:35 PM
How'd you do it?

Wormholes. I think Idle mentioned that he spent all the Helium he'd earned up to the point where Wormholes are offered. No more, no less (it works out to 17-18 wormholes). The He you earn after that is much higher, and very worth the initial expenditure. You get Collectors at 50 which cost gems (mostly), and Warpstations at 60 (mostly metal).

Arcite
10-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Did you respec and spend ALL your helium on wormholes, or did you leave your perks alone and spend just the helium you were earning on that run on wormholes?

Rigamarole
10-17-2016, 02:33 AM

Don't waste resources on prestige upgrades immediately prior to breaking the planet, because their cost is reduced by 90% afterwards. You need about ~700 Qa combined health and block to beat zone 59, so once you have that, stop buying any more upgrades. It will be almost entirely block too - just keep up with Gymystic and max out your gyms (along with a healthy amount of Trainers) and you should have enough.

Did you respec and spend ALL your helium on wormholes, or did you leave your perks alone and spend just the helium you were earning on that run on wormholes?

Respec only lets you reallocate the He you had before the run started. You cannot spend the He you're earning on your current run on perks until you portal anyway, and that is the only He that will be available for you to spend on Wormholes.

Rigamarole
10-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Just beat the Trapper challenge. Pretty easy specced for 20 points in Bait (no Phermones of course), and a bit over 50K He to spend. Anticipation seems like it will be quite powerful in the slow later zones once it's maxed out, especially with Geneticists and Heap formation (since it gives you a longer lifespan to regen Trimps before the next fighting group gets sent into battle).

Munch
10-17-2016, 07:15 AM
Don't waste resources on prestige upgrades immediately prior to breaking the planet, because their cost is reduced by 90% afterwards. You need about ~700 Qa combined health and block to beat zone 59, so once you have that, stop buying any more upgrades. It will be almost entirely block too - just keep up with Gymystic and max out your gyms (along with a healthy amount of Trainers) and you should have enough.
Yeah - I wasn't spending on the upgrades, just getting them before the difficulty ramped up.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-17-2016, 03:01 PM
When I first took the push to 60, I bought 'only' 10 Wormholes rather than all my helium worth, and that seemed like enough to me. It'll probably be faster buying even more, though obviously you'll be spending helium.

I'm still on the long climb to 100, 3days 17h in and I'm on zone 86. Things are pretty slow now but I hope to get there in a few more days, possibly with another day grinding on 100 itself to do all my void maps there.

Rigamarole
10-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Wow, good luck doing Void Maps on 100.. they are a pain in the ass even trying to do them post-60 for me right now (and I just spent like 2 hours grinding one out and got a fucking common Heirloom - 5% chance! Ugh).

I feel like I need quite a few more runs to rack up He (spending the bulk of it on Carpentry) before I'll be ready to push that high.

Arcite
10-17-2016, 06:26 PM
People seem to be talking as though pushing to break the planet for the first time is a big deal. Why is that? Is there some special advantage that breaking the planet gives you that carries through to subsequent runs? Some new perk, for example?

Rigamarole
10-17-2016, 06:52 PM
People seem to be talking as though pushing to break the planet for the first time is a big deal. Why is that? Is there some special advantage that breaking the planet gives you that carries through to subsequent runs? Some new perk, for example?

Well, it does unlock the Auto-Upgrade feature permanently (which I recommend leaving on in most cases, especially when idle - it will buy your Coordination upgrades and resource harvesting books etc. automatically which allows you to get further when you're not playing actively. But not equipment prestiges or anything that requires a confirmation box). That's one good reason.

It also unlocks the Trimp challenge (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Trimp_(challenge)) (pretty easy to beat), which leads to the Resilience perk (http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Resilience) (a solid perk that synergizes with Toughness).

But really the main reason that pushing for it is important is because you get 5x He on all zones from 59 and up, so your He collection starts to increase significantly, allowing you to buy lots more perks and make significant advancement in the game. When you're piddling around in the sub-60 zones for just a few hundred He per run, you're wasting time compared to the massive He rewards you get post-broken planet. This is true for every run where you break the planet of course, but the first time is significant only because it means you know you can reach that point again and again on future runs. And of course the more He you accumulate, the easier it gets each time.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Wow, good luck doing Void Maps on 100.. they are a pain in the ass even trying to do them post-60 for me right now (and I just spent like 2 hours grinding one out and got a fucking common Heirloom - 5% chance! Ugh).

I feel like I need quite a few more runs to rack up He (spending the bulk of it on Carpentry) before I'll be ready to push that high.

Yeah, I expect it to be rough. On the other hand, the Barrier formation from level 80 helps on void maps, particularly as there's no pierce there. Plus, 100 is a level where gymystic drops, which should multiply my block by more than a factor of 10.

It would have been faster if I'd ground out some more helium before doing it, but I'm betting the 60% megabook bonus will make helium very fast once I finish Frugal.

Peter Morris
10-19-2016, 03:48 AM
Oops - just made a mistake. Pause.

Can I revert to the last autosave game?

Knowed Out
10-19-2016, 08:51 AM
I completed the Balance challenge, but couldn't even hope to beat the first cell of any of the Void maps at level 45 like I could last time. I'm going to slog on to 55 to try Decay. I chose Golden Battle when I reached 50, since I figured Battle was 100% of play, but Void and Helium happenstance would be much more rare.

Peter - Yes, the game will start from your last autosave. Mistakes are generally pretty easy to recover from, since Upgrades will make those errors moot. Sometimes I export and save to a Google doc before I do something major like respec, but you'll eventually get to the point where you can just Portal and start over without too much wasted effort, because you'll have learned a better method through trial and error.

levdrakon
10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
I completed the Balance challenge, but couldn't even hope to beat the first cell of any of the Void maps at level 45 like I could last time.

I finished the Scientist challenge and am about to portal and start Balance. Any suggestions? The Wiki says to run maps every level. That about right?

Knowed Out
10-19-2016, 03:47 PM
I didn't really do anything different for Balance. Sometimes the maps are impossible unless you do more World zones and get Upgrades, and vice versa. I couldn't really follow the algorithms, so I just switched from World to Map and back whenever the fights got too tough. Just stick to maximizing Block and Gyms as usual and you'll do fine.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Oops - just made a mistake. Pause.

Can I revert to the last autosave game?

When I make a blatant mistake I immediately close my browser window and reopen. That's worked for me the few times it's happened, though I suppose there's the chance the autosave will fire in the interim.

You can also save the long text string that is your save file as text somewhere safe as a last backup.

levdrakon
10-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Pretty much what I'm doing. It's been pretty easy and fast so far, but I had it backwards. Doing world maps increases production and sub maps decreases it. Got my second Void map a little while ago so I did the sub maps to bring up my health for that.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-19-2016, 04:06 PM
I finished the Scientist challenge and am about to portal and start Balance. Any suggestions? The Wiki says to run maps every level. That about right?

The thing about balance is that you want to have 250 stacks as much as possible, and the rules are that zone squares add one and map squares subtract one.

So, assuming you'll eventually need the equipment prestiges, it's generally best to do them each level on minimal sized maps, taking your stacks from 250 down to 200 or 175. Doing this twice is not nearly as bad as dropping your stacks to 150 or 125 by doing two levels worth at once.

Exception: when you do the Wall, you're going to lower your stacks by another 100, so you might want to procrastinate on doing other maps to balance things out. It's all about balance, no pun intended.

Also, if you don't have Scientist II yet, you might want to put off starting Maps until you first get to 250 stacks.

Rigamarole
10-19-2016, 04:25 PM
The Balance challenge is just a bonus He run; you don't get any new perks or anything from it and it's repeatable. So when you first get it, it's not necessarily a good idea to run it if it's going to more than double the time it takes you to get to Z40. Once you are progressed enough that you can overcome the negatives fairly easily, then it's worth it to run as long as it's taking you less than 2x the time to get to Z40 as you would without it.

A similar, but much harder challenge opens up at Z80 (Electricity). Doesn't seem remotely worth it until you are much further progressed and can get to Z80 again fairly easily.

levdrakon
10-19-2016, 04:26 PM
LOL, I just got an award for dying 50 times to a single Voidimp. Nice dmg bonus.

The thing about balance is that you want to have 250 stacks as much as possible, and the rules are that zone squares add one and map squares subtract one.

So, assuming you'll eventually need the equipment prestiges, it's generally best to do them each level on minimal sized maps, taking your stacks from 250 down to 200 or 175. Doing this twice is not nearly as bad as dropping your stacks to 150 or 125 by doing two levels worth at once.

Exception: when you do the Wall, you're going to lower your stacks by another 100, so you might want to procrastinate on doing other maps to balance things out. It's all about balance, no pun intended.

Also, if you don't have Scientist II yet, you might want to put off starting Maps until you first get to 250 stacks.Thanks for the advice. Now I know what I'm doing. When I first started this run, I was doing lots of maps to bring the stacks down. Silly me.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Yeah, +250% production is so awesome you'll be able to afford the extra block to compensate for the low health.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-19-2016, 04:36 PM
The Balance challenge is just a bonus He run; you don't get any new perks or anything from it and it's repeatable. So when you first get it, it's not necessarily a good idea to run it if it's going to more than double the time it takes you to get to Z40. Once you are progressed enough that you can overcome the negatives fairly easily, then it's worth it to run as long as it's taking you less than 2x the time to get to Z40 as you would without it.

A similar, but much harder challenge opens up at Z80 (Electricity). Doesn't seem remotely worth it until you are much further progressed and can get to Z80 again fairly easily.

Yeah, but Balance seemed to me to be faster than a normal run, even right after I got it. Your mileage may vary. I haven't even tried Electricity yet, but that one doesn't have anything like the massive production bonus of Balance. I probably won't run it for quite a while, as I have a number of regular challenges queued up once I finish my current long slog to level 100. 4 levels to go.

levdrakon
10-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah, +250% production is so awesome you'll be able to afford the extra block to compensate for the low health.I hit zone 25 and it's time to let the game sit and resource build so I battled it up to 250. When I come back I can always knock the stacks back down by battling a lower level map. The name "Balance" is very apt. Fun too. I'm looking forward to the extra helium.

I like how every portal and challenge makes you do things differently, tweaking this or that you didn't pay attention to much before.

levdrakon
10-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Well, I made it to zone 33 this am. That's pretty fast for me, in roughly 24 hours or so. Things are slowing down now of course. Coordinations will start getting painful soon.

Zone 37 will be decision time. How much further do I want to push? Question, the He I both earn and spend doubles at zone 40 (Balance). Does that mean if I buy three Wormholes for 30 He I will have actually spent 60 He, or will I have spent 30 He and get back another 30, making them essentially free? If the latter, it'll be worth pushing to zone 45 or so.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Well, I made it to zone 33 this am. That's pretty fast for me, in roughly 24 hours or so. Things are slowing down now of course. Coordinations will start getting painful soon.

Zone 37 will be decision time. How much further do I want to push? Question, the He I both earn and spend doubles at zone 40 (Balance). Does that mean if I buy three Wormholes for 30 He I will have actually spent 60 He, or will I have spent 30 He and get back another 30, making them essentially free? If the latter, it'll be worth pushing to zone 45 or so.

Well, I don't know if calling it 'free' is quite right, but from looking at the code it appears that it adds to a pool at challengeObj.heldHelium all the applicable times you earn helium, and then gives you that much when you complete the challenge. So I think you'd get the full amount, not just a doubling of helium held on hand.

In other news I made it to level 100 in just under a week, getting ready for void maps now. I just have 4, a little below odds considering my previous deepest run was level 80 and I mostly ran with a +6.5% void map dropping heirloom equipped.

Rigamarole
10-21-2016, 12:58 AM
Yes, you get double the amount of He you've earned, regardless of whether or not you spend any on Collectors.

Grats on getting to Z100.. that must have been absolutely brutal at your He level. I'm now on Z82 which is the highest I've been yet.. was thinking I'd see if I could push 90 but still don't know if I'm ready for 100 yet.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Yeah, 100 was rough though I feel like guessed about right on gigastations, I had a fairly smooth curve. One last comment, with the level 100 gymystic and the block formation void maps seemed like they wouldn't be too bad; three hours of wood farming later I had the block to survive non-critical hits, and I set it to repeat void maps and slept for six hours.

I come back and I'm on the Cthulimp of the first void map- killing imps was just that slow. I just bought six hours worth of metal in weapons, hopefully things will speed up for the other three maps. Oh, and I'm regretting not having done Decay yet.

Knowed Out
10-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Seems like conditions always vary somewhat when I do Portals in general. I guess there's some sort of butterfly effect. Something I consider a minor adjustment early on can make things much more difficult later. I was able to do the Void maps after zone 45 before, but had to wait till 53 to do them this time around.

I'm considering doing a minimal amount of Wormholes next time around to save Helium. Collections are much bigger, only use Gems to make, and enable me to catch up on late game Coordination requirements.

Trading Bones for Heirlooms doesn't seem to amount to much considering they drop when Void maps are completed. It's like in WoW where you work your ass off to get the fat loot, then in the next expansion, the green drops make them look like Cracker Jack toys.

Telperion
10-21-2016, 11:49 AM
I come back and I'm on the Cthulimp of the first void map- killing imps was just that slow. I just bought six hours worth of metal in weapons, hopefully things will speed up for the other three maps. Oh, and I'm regretting not having done Decay yet.

If it's any consolation, Garden maps are loottype Any or Gems, so there's a high chance that even if you had gotten 25% more loot two thirds of it would have been resource types you didn't need.

Telperion
10-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Trading Bones for Heirlooms doesn't seem to amount to much considering they drop when Void maps are completed. It's like in WoW where you work your ass off to get the fat loot, then in the next expansion, the green drops make them look like Cracker Jack toys.

I guess it may be worth it in late game when you've bought everything else and would rather just buy a Magnificent heirloom than slog through a level 180+ void map.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Seems like conditions always vary somewhat when I do Portals in general. I guess there's some sort of butterfly effect. Something I consider a minor adjustment early on can make things much more difficult later. I was able to do the Void maps after zone 45 before, but had to wait till 53 to do them this time around.

I'm considering doing a minimal amount of Wormholes next time around to save Helium. Collections are much bigger, only use Gems to make, and enable me to catch up on late game Coordination requirements.

Well, the only official change I know of after reset is that void maps drop rate per square can drop once your record for highest level exceeds 80.

I only bought Wormholes a few times, my lifetime Wormholed Helium is 207. Skip them once it's only a little painful to do so.

Yeah, the Imp-orts are clear winners for where to spend your first 500 bones. Anything that lasts indefinitely is going to help more than single run stuff, and as you say heirlooms will be replaced by higher quality ones soon enough. I expect to be done with all the Imp-orts well before actually getting to the top-end heirlooms.

levdrakon
10-21-2016, 06:47 PM
Pumpkimps!

Peter Morris
10-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Are the pumpkimps a new feature for Halloween?

levdrakon
10-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Are the pumpkimps a new feature for Halloween?

I assume so.

Just got another void map. Just got my gym & trainer upgrades, so I suppose...

Peter Morris
10-21-2016, 07:47 PM
So, for Christmas maybe there'll be Santimps that drop extra goodies.

Then Bunnyimps at Easter.

Peter Morris
10-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Yeah, just checked the updates page (http://trimps.github.io/updates.html). Pumpkimps were around for a couple of weeks last year, now they're back.

Rigamarole
10-22-2016, 05:44 PM
SCM...T, were you able to actually complete the Frugal challenge after unlocking it? I portaled my last run as soon as I completed Z90, and am considering maybe pushing for 100 this time. But on the Wiki there are some recommended builds for running the challenge, and they use like 400-500K He. I only have 119K He earned so far, so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-22-2016, 11:22 PM
SCM...T, were you able to actually complete the Frugal challenge after unlocking it? I portaled my last run as soon as I completed Z90, and am considering maybe pushing for 100 this time. But on the Wiki there are some recommended builds for running the challenge, and they use like 400-500K He. I only have 119K He earned so far, so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Oh, yeah, it was not a particular problem with a bit less than that much, and you'll have more than that after a 100 run. I sold off some carpentry and looting etc., bought up to 20 resilience and 34 toughness. One trick is that I completed level 21 first for the Coordination before coming back to Anger. It took maybe 2 hours, if that. I did a bunch of quick challenge runs in succession, that and Scientist III (which felt wierdly similar, also no prestiges there) and Trapper and Decay. I'm tempted to start on dailies but I'm starting another deep dive now.

Peter Morris
10-24-2016, 08:52 AM
Pumpkin Face (https://s18.postimg.org/4qg95tmzt/pumpkin_face_2.jpg).

Knowed Out
10-24-2016, 03:38 PM
I like that some pumpkimps drop Science.

levdrakon
10-25-2016, 10:36 AM
So, I did my Balance run and pushed to zone 48, then portaled and did Meditate up to 37, portaled again and now I'm doing Balance again and planning on pushing to 50 at least.

Those of you much further along, do you always buy Wormholes at 37, or is there a point when your stats are high enough to skip that?

Some Call Me... Tim
10-25-2016, 11:51 AM
So, I did my Balance run and pushed to zone 48, then portaled and did Meditate up to 37, portaled again and now I'm doing Balance again and planning on pushing to 50 at least.

Those of you much further along, do you always buy Wormholes at 37, or is there a point when your stats are high enough to skip that?

Once you get to 50, I'd recommend pushing all the way to 60 - at 50 you can buy Collectors, which should make the next several levels fairly easy. Plus, 60 is sort of a big deal plotwise and the Trimp challenge for Resilience is very nice.

I only bought Wormholes a few times, I always skip them now.

Rigamarole
10-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes, you definitely should be pushing to break the planet (Z60) if you can make it to 50. I would recommend the strategy of buying as many Wormholes as you can at 37, and no more after that. You probably won't even be able to afford any Collectors when you hit 50, but keep maxing out Tributes both before and after getting there so that you can buy enough of them to make it through.

Eventually yeah, you can accumulate enough Carpentry that you don't necessarily need them. I don't really like having any slowdown so I still buy a few to keep up with Coordination though, as the cost is relatively minimal and negligible in the long run (for example, just on my current run the stats show that I wormholed 283 He - but I'm up to 42.8K He earned just from the same run. Big deal).

levdrakon
10-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Okay, thanks for the advice guys. This will be a nice long run for me then.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-25-2016, 07:23 PM
It's true that your first Collector will seem painfully expensive... but it will also be for a huge proportion of your population. It's an efficient use of resources but initially it's in such giant chunks at a time.

Arcite
10-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Yes, you definitely should be pushing to break the planet (Z60) if you can make it to 50. I would recommend the strategy of buying as many Wormholes as you can at 37, and no more after that. You probably won't even be able to afford any Collectors when you hit 50, but keep maxing out Tributes both before and after getting there so that you can buy enough of them to make it through.

Eventually yeah, you can accumulate enough Carpentry that you don't necessarily need them. I don't really like having any slowdown so I still buy a few to keep up with Coordination though, as the cost is relatively minimal and negligible in the long run (for example, just on my current run the stats show that I wormholed 283 He - but I'm up to 42.8K He earned just from the same run. Big deal).
Wow, I'm pushing for 60 for the first time this run, am currently on zone 45, have already bought the recommended 17 Wormholes, and already have 1 Coordination I'm behind on, needing 15.2K more space for. Hard to imagine getting to 50 without buying several more Wormholes. Should I have waited for a subsequent run when I had more Carpentry? I currently have Carpentry level 10.

Some Call Me... Tim
10-26-2016, 11:19 AM
It's not at all unusual to not be able to buy every single coordination theoretically available. There are currently 25 of them waiting for me to purchase, though at zone 111 I'm in a very different phase of the game. It comes down to whether levels take way too long to complete for your playstyle, not whether or not you can buy every coordination.

Munch
10-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Wow, I'm pushing for 60 for the first time this run, am currently on zone 45, have already bought the recommended 17 Wormholes, and already have 1 Coordination I'm behind on, needing 15.2K more space for. Hard to imagine getting to 50 without buying several more Wormholes. Should I have waited for a subsequent run when I had more Carpentry? I currently have Carpentry level 10.

10 in Carpentry is good. A guide I saw mentioned spending half of all your He on it. I'd bet you're probably over that, even. That's a bit of a roadbump the first time pushing for 50 (and then 60), but very doable.

Peter Morris
10-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Is it worthwile doing a challenge? It seems to be a huge restriction on your resources, and if you succeed, you get "a perk."

What perk can I expect if I complete, say, the metal challenge?

I presume I have to spend helium to even raise it above level zero, right?

Doing the discipline challenge won't even earn a perk. What's the point of that?

Some Call Me... Tim
10-27-2016, 02:49 AM
Yes, basically when it says you get a perk, it means that you get the option to buy it with helium. You get another button as an option to click when you're using the portal (or using a respec.)

The value of challenges varies a lot. The first challenge available, Discipline, does give you a perk the first time you do it (the Range perk, which is a small damage bonus.) That one is nothing all that special, though once Power gets expensive it's worth it to supplement. The Artisanistry perk is gained from doing the Metal challenge, it's very nice, and after that you should think about trying the Size challenge, which gives the best perk in the early game, Carpentry. These kind of challenges are intended to be done just the once to get the perk.

Later on you'll get access to Helium Challenges, which are sort of a variant of a normal run that's a bit harder but gives more Helium. These are repeatable, intended to provide variety.

Peter Morris
10-27-2016, 04:33 AM
That's strange, I must have done the discipline challenge without noticing. I've got, and maxed out, the Range perk.

Peter Morris
10-27-2016, 04:35 AM
So, what does artisanry do for me? Or carpenrty?

levdrakon
10-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Wow, I'm pushing for 60 for the first time this run, am currently on zone 45, have already bought the recommended 17 Wormholes, and already have 1 Coordination I'm behind on, needing 15.2K more space for. Hard to imagine getting to 50 without buying several more Wormholes. Should I have waited for a subsequent run when I had more Carpentry? I currently have Carpentry level 10.Wow, I've only got 8 Carpentry. I did make it to z48 before when I had even fewer though. You'll have to let me know how it's going for you since I'm planning on pushing to z60 too.

I'll hit z37 a little later today and I'll have to decide whether to go all in with Wormholes. Since I'm doing a Balance challenge at the same time I don't mind spending on Wormholes if it gets me to z60.

Peter Morris
10-27-2016, 07:02 PM
So, I've just reached zone 50 vfor the first time, and I have a choice of 3 golden upgrades. Which to choose?

The 3% increase in attack and health sounds probably the most useful. Is it a permanent upgrade, ie does it survive when I portal?

Is there a new type of house available anytime soon?

Arcite
10-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Wow, I've only got 8 Carpentry. I did make it to z48 before when I had even fewer though. You'll have to let me know how it's going for you since I'm planning on pushing to z60 too.

I'll hit z37 a little later today and I'll have to decide whether to go all in with Wormholes. Since I'm doing a Balance challenge at the same time I don't mind spending on Wormholes if it gets me to z60.

I'll bet you can make it. I'm up to zone 57 and it looks like I am going to hit 60. I have 17 wormholes and am now up to 37 collectors. I'm able to keep fighting on because of my massive block, but it's slow going because the bad guys at this stage have so much health compared with my damage. I just counted and it took 34 hits to beat the last bad guy. So I'm making progress, but only by letting the game run in the background for a long time.

USCDiver
10-27-2016, 07:40 PM
I've got enough bones for an exotic Import. Which should I get first?

levdrakon
10-27-2016, 08:16 PM
I'll bet you can make it. I'm up to zone 57 and it looks like I am going to hit 60. I have 17 wormholes and am now up to 37 collectors. I'm able to keep fighting on because of my massive block, but it's slow going because the bad guys at this stage have so much health compared with my damage. I just counted and it took 34 hits to beat the last bad guy. So I'm making progress, but only by letting the game run in the background for a long time.Okay, I'm in. Bought my WHs, ramped up production and I'm sitting at the bottom of z40 with 250% production bonus. I'll check back in a bit, buy some more storage and let it sit overnight.

I've got enough bones for an exotic Import. Which should I get first?The FAQ suggests Whipimps, then Tauntimps, then Venimps. That's what I did. I'm happy with them.

Knowed Out
10-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Well, my strategy to hold off on buying Wormholes went tits up. I could have used the Portal and spent the extra Helium, but I wanted to get to 60, which I really can't do without keeping up with Coordination, which requires more trimps. Maybe next leg I'll do it, but I really don't like to reset.

levdrakon
10-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Well, my strategy to hold off on buying Wormholes went tits up. I could have used the Portal and spent the extra Helium, but I wanted to get to 60, which I really can't do without keeping up with Coordination, which requires more trimps. Maybe next leg I'll do it, but I really don't like to reset.That sucks. I was just looking ahead, and Collectors cost 500B gems. I have 345B right now, but I'll have to buy lots of things with gems before I hit z50. I'll just keep piling on the Tributes I guess.

Arcite
10-28-2016, 09:27 PM
OK, I'm zone 60. What's the strategy here? The enemies are really tough, and it's extremely slow going. I even ran 10 maps to get the 200% attack bonus and it's still slow. Equipment costs being cut by 90% isn't as much of a bonus as I thought it was going to be. Do I just need to portal and come back with higher perks?

levdrakon
10-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Made it to z52. I was able to buy 15 Collectors which helped quite a bit with Coordinations, though I'm at least 4 behind now I think and my other upgrades have gotten silly expensive. If I'm patient I'm confident I can slog my way to z55. For some reason my block is really good and that's what's keeping me moving.

Got my first Golden Upgrade. I chose the helium one. Who doesn't like more He?

Z60 is looking pretty hard, but I'll see if my block helps when I get more at 55. Not sure if I'll be able to buy enough more Collectors to get one more Coordination. My next one costs 71K trimps or something. Well, I said this was going to be a nice long run.

Peter Morris
10-29-2016, 04:41 PM
I suggest you set all your workers to gather food, then spend the food on tributes. Gem production skyrockets. It won't be long before you can get more Collectors. I'm on zone 53 with 30 collectors, and getting a new one about every 50 minutes.

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Oh boy howdy. It gets insane. I'm on Z58 producing 27B gems/sec and getting a Collector about every 30 minutes. I'm still way behind in Coordinations, it says 51(+5) but if i didn't get another one at least once in a great while it'd be impossible. It's so slow going though. I'm doing 7.75Qa dmg and my enemies have something like 300Qa health to chip away at. My block is still well above their damage to me though. They're doing around 200Qa dmg and my block is 700Qa.

Fun stuff.

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 01:29 PM
OK, I'm zone 60. What's the strategy here? The enemies are really tough, and it's extremely slow going. I even ran 10 maps to get the 200% attack bonus and it's still slow. Equipment costs being cut by 90% isn't as much of a bonus as I thought it was going to be. Do I just need to portal and come back with higher perks?

Just hit Z60. Yay me. But, portaling seems the only choice now. I'm stuck on the final cell of the first map. I was hoping to at least unlock my first Warpstation but now I'm not sure it's possible. I think I'll let the game sit until I can buy one more Coordination and see if that helps but if not, it's time to portal and get on the three new challenges I have.

Reducing Trimp breeding speed was so mean.

Knowed Out
10-30-2016, 01:34 PM
I wound up putting too many Trainers into play. My block is 1.19 Qi, about 10 times what the enemy is damaging. I'm on zone 58 with about half the output that Lev lists. Should have fed more Tributes. I'll keep nickle-and-diming till 60, then Portal and respec.

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Well, don't forget you can fire some lumberjacks and miners and put 'em to work on food. You probably won't be upgrading much before 60 anyway.

I now have 51 Collectors but I don't think buying anymore will do much good at the moment, so I fired all my lumberjacks and farmers and put it all on miners so I can get some more weapon and health upgrades and maaaybe get that damn Warpstation. Frankly it's a waste of time for one little achievement but oh well.

HMS Irruncible
10-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Anybody ever find that you end up in a "death metal spiral" where basically all your efforts go toward producing and storing metal? Why is that always where my game ends up?

Edited to add: I think I'm behind the rest of you on the advanced game. I've got portals, I get perks, and I trade bones for 36 hours of production. This talk of collectors,carpentry, and whatnot is foreign to me. I keep resetting around z30. Where do I need to be branching out?

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Edited to add: I think I'm behind the rest of you on the advanced game. I've got portals, I get perks, and I trade bones for 36 hours of production. This talk of collectors,carpentry, and whatnot is foreign to me. I keep resetting around z30. Where do I need to be branching out?

Sounds like you need to do more challenges. At zone 35 you unlock the Size challenge, which gives you the Carpentry perk you can then work on leveling up.

Have you been buying Imports with your bones, or just bonuses? You should buy the Imports first, as their benefits are permanent.

Collectors are a building you unlock at zone 50.

So, work on getting to higher levels and doing challenges. They're on the right side of the portal screen. You click on the one you want to do before portaling.

Arcite
10-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Just hit Z60. Yay me. But, portaling seems the only choice now. I'm stuck on the final cell of the first map. I was hoping to at least unlock my first Warpstation but now I'm not sure it's possible. I think I'll let the game sit until I can buy one more Coordination and see if that helps but if not, it's time to portal and get on the three new challenges I have.

Reducing Trimp breeding speed was so mean.

I just portaled. My first push to 60 was kind of a waste. I'd been figuring I'd portal at 65, and do my void maps at 60, right after getting a gymystic. Well, I forgot to do the void maps, and hit 61, so I thought I'd do them at 65. Pushing on to 65 was an incredible slog. When I finally got there, I didn't see a book symbol mid-map, which is where you usually get your gymystic. So I consulted the wiki and learned that you stop getting a gymystic every 5 levels at 55. My void maps had 400-450% difficulty, so, figuring it was going to take DAYS of farming metal and wood to buy many more gyms and equipment upgrade before I could even consider attempting them, I gave up and portaled.

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 07:44 PM
I just portaled. My first push to 60 was kind of a waste. I'd been figuring I'd portal at 65, and do my void maps at 60, right after getting a gymystic. Well, I forgot to do the void maps, and hit 61, so I thought I'd do them at 65. Pushing on to 65 was an incredible slog. When I finally got there, I didn't see a book symbol mid-map, which is where you usually get your gymystic. So I consulted the wiki and learned that you stop getting a gymystic every 5 levels at 55. My void maps had 400-450% difficulty, so, figuring it was going to take DAYS of farming metal and wood to buy many more gyms and equipment upgrade before I could even consider attempting them, I gave up and portaled.

Yeah, I learned that lesson too. I got a Void Map sometime after Z55. Things were going so slow at that point I figured I'd wait for that nice juicy Gymystic at 60. Imagine my surprise when there was no Gymystic (so they're gone forever at that point?).

I did manage to get a Warpstation, but 60 was so hard for me I'd never have gotten through a Void. I should have tried the Void map as soon as I got it. Oh well. Maybe I'll be better prepared once I've got the next two challenges under my belt. Did Scientist II already. That was so easy this time. Much easier than the first one.

Any advice on Decay and Trimp? Which one first? With Trimp, you only have to make it to The Block, but that doesn't mean it will be easy.

Peter Morris
10-30-2016, 08:03 PM
Sounds like you need to do more challenges. At zone 35 you unlock the Size challenge, which gives you the Carpentry perk you can then work on leveling up.

What exactly does carpentry do?

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 08:13 PM
What exactly does carpentry do?Each level allows you to hold 10% more Trimps in each building you make. I just raised mine to 10, so my buildings hold 100% more now. Makes things faster and easier, which is kinda what the game's all about.

Arcite
10-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I learned that lesson too. I got a Void Map sometime after Z55. Things were going so slow at that point I figured I'd wait for that nice juicy Gymystic at 60. Imagine my surprise when there was no Gymystic (so they're gone forever at that point?).
No, according to the wiki, you start getting them again every 25 levels starting from zone 75 ending with zone 150. So after 55, you get your next one at 75, then 100, then 125, then 150. Then you get no more.

What exactly does carpentry do?
http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Carpentry

Arcite
10-30-2016, 08:18 PM
Each level allows you to hold 10% more Trimps in each building you make. I just raised mine to 10, so my buildings hold 100% more now. Makes things faster and easier, which is kinda what the game's all about.

Actually, the 10% is compounding. So if yours is 10, you're getting 1.1^10 times the base number of trimps, or 2.59 times more, aka 159% more.

levdrakon
10-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Actually, the 10% is compounding. So if yours is 10, you're getting 1.1^10 times the base number of trimps, or 2.59 times more, aka 159% more.Cool, thanks. At least I was right about it being a good thing. :)

Knowed Out
10-31-2016, 08:23 AM
Finally reached 60. Anybody else get the weird transparent panels across your screen?

Peter Morris
11-04-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure I understand Respec. It looks like I can reassign my helium, but when I've done that I can only cancel or use the portal. Can I continue the current run with helium reassigned?

USCDiver
11-04-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure I understand Respec. It looks like I can reassign my helium, but when I've done that I can only cancel or use the portal. Can I continue the current run with helium reassigned?

If you go to "View Perks" at the bottom (instead of the portal screen) I believe you can respec there and continue your run. I haven't done it yet, but I understand that's where it happens :p

Peter Morris
11-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Ah, right. But it doesn't let me spend the helium I've earned this run. Not a particularly useful feature, then.

Arcite
11-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Finally reached 60. Anybody else get the weird transparent panels across your screen?
No, what exactly does that look like? You do get a pop-up message about breaking the planet when you reach 60. Maybe it's not displaying correctly in your browser?

Incidentally, to anyone else, that pop-up message you get when you break the planet lets you click "I'll be OK" or "I'm scared." What happens if you click "I'm scared?"

Ah, right. But it doesn't let me spend the helium I've earned this run. Not a particularly useful feature, then.
I've never done it, but based on my reading of the wiki and the reddit, people find it useful when doing challenges. The challenges alter the game mechanic in various ways for the duration of the challenge, but those alterations go away once you reach whatever milestone completes the challenge (completing a certain unique map like "The Wall," reaching a certain zone, etc.) And you can then go on playing under regular, non-challenge conditions. So what people do is configure their perks a certain way that works well with the challenge conditions, but which is non-advantageous under non-challenge conditions, so they'll respec once they complete the challenge.

levdrakon
11-04-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm doing the Decay challenge. It's been kinda fun and fast so far. I made it to Z40 in one day, but it's slowing down a bit now. I'll have to buy a bunch of Wormholes to get to Z55. At least this time, I know to do my Voids at 55 when I get my last Gymystic.

manson1972
11-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Yes, those appear on my game as well. I'm using Chrome, maybe it's a browser thing.

Also, curse you Idle Thoughts for linking to this game! (shakes fist!) I was finally over Cookie Clicker!

Peter Morris
11-04-2016, 02:27 PM
This is far more interesting than Cookie Clicker.

Rigamarole
11-05-2016, 04:08 AM
This is far more interesting than Cookie Clicker.

If you think that, you should try Realm Grinder (I made a thread (http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/showthread.php?t=809196) about it but nobody has responded). Loads of content and choices. And it even has graphics! :p

Munch
11-07-2016, 07:20 PM
THoughts on the better heirloom:

+6% Trainer Efficiency
+3% Trimp Health

or

+3% Breed Speed
20% Crit Damage, additive

Telperion
11-07-2016, 07:37 PM
THoughts on the better heirloom:

+6% Trainer Efficiency
+3% Trimp Health

or

+3% Breed Speed
20% Crit Damage, additive

Block and Health, easily. Crit damage is pretty meh and once you get Anticipation you'll want to keep your breed speed at 30 seconds or slightly above for a damage bonus.

Johnny Bravo
11-07-2016, 08:14 PM
I hit zone 60 a few runs ago and am trying to build up enough to work through that wall. Am working on finishing up all the quests that I haven't done yet.

Looking forward to the point where I can ignore wormholes entirely and not spend helium as a toll for progressing.

Munch
11-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Block and Health, easily. Crit damage is pretty meh and once you get Anticipation you'll want to keep your breed speed at 30 seconds or slightly above for a damage bonus.

Good - I really didn't want the heirloom I easily got in zone 50 to beat out the one I scratched and clawed my way to on zone 75.

Some Call Me... Tim
11-08-2016, 01:51 AM
If you can get to 60 you could ignore wormholes... the question really is whether extra time you'd have to spend is worth it. I didn't buy wormholes after my first 60 run, but in retrospect that was probably not actually time efficient. Still, it's more a matter of playstyle than objective superiority, and I seem more willing than some to have levels go by slowly- speaking of which:

I'm finishing a deep dive now, to Zone 131 (previous deepest was 101), more than doubling He with +127K for the run (started with 105K.) 7 Void maps on level 125 didn't give anything above Epic and the epics weren't exciting. The down side? It took 16 days, my coordination upgrade button reads 92(+37). I think I'll do some shorter runs before doing Slow and going deep again.

I'm starting to appreciate map farming, now that I have Jestimps. One more bone to go for Chronoimps and then maps'll be even better...

Knowed Out
11-08-2016, 08:04 AM
I've been slogging my way to 70 to unlock the new challenge, and it's taking for EVER... Currently at 69. I'll have about 4K He when I portal, at least.

I didn't see much of a benefit after buying feyimps. I had to go back to increasing metal output for Warpstations and weapons & armor. I then tried to see if I could get 100 of every dwelling for the Achievement and decided I'd still rather not buy Wormholes.

manson1972
11-08-2016, 09:07 AM
you'll want to keep your breed speed at 30 seconds or slightly above for a damage bonus.

I've read this elsewhere but I don't really understand it. Keeping breed speed at 30 seconds just makes it slower to progress. I keep the speed at 1 second so they immediately regroup or whatever, and it takes WAY less than 30 seconds to kill each enemy. What am I missing?

levdrakon
11-08-2016, 09:21 AM
I hit zone 60 a few runs ago and am trying to build up enough to work through that wall. Am working on finishing up all the quests that I haven't done yet.

Looking forward to the point where I can ignore wormholes entirely and not spend helium as a toll for progressing.That's where I'm at. I bought a bunch of WHs to make 60 the first time. Then I did Scientist II and Trimp, and now Decay, and only buying as many WHs as I need to unlock Collectors. Been distracted the last few days and haven't played much so I've got lots of gems built up.

Telperion
11-08-2016, 10:48 AM
I've read this elsewhere but I don't really understand it. Keeping breed speed at 30 seconds just makes it slower to progress. I keep the speed at 1 second so they immediately regroup or whatever, and it takes WAY less than 30 seconds to kill each enemy. What am I missing?

Anticipation gives you a 2% damage bonus per second breed speed (Capped at 30 seconds) for each level. At the moment I have it at level 5, which gives a 300% damage bonus, and it maxes out at level 10. It synergizes really well with geneticists, since they reduce your breed speed for extra Health.

manson1972
11-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Anticipation gives you a 2% damage bonus per second breed speed (Capped at 30 seconds) for each level. At the moment I have it at level 5, which gives a 300% damage bonus, and it maxes out at level 10. It synergizes really well with geneticists, since they reduce your breed speed for extra Health.

I understand what it does, my question was why would I wait 30 seconds between groupings just to get an attack bonus, when I can have breed speed at 1 second and kill the bad guy in 10 seconds or even 20 seconds?

Telperion
11-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I understand what it does, my question was why would I wait 30 seconds between groupings just to get an attack bonus, when I can have breed speed at 1 second and kill the bad guy in 10 seconds or even 20 seconds?

If you are able to do that at level 90+, more power to you, but I definitely can't with the upgrades I have right now. At +300% Attack and +1878% Health, ideally they'd survive until the next army is ready to go but it's been a few levels since that was feasible too.

manson1972
11-08-2016, 12:28 PM
If you are able to do that at level 90+, more power to you, but I definitely can't with the upgrades I have right now. At +300% Attack and +1878% Health, ideally they'd survive until the next army is ready to go but it's been a few levels since that was feasible too.

Fair enough, I've only made it to 80, so maybe it's different when I get to 90. Thanks for the info.

Knowed Out
11-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Dang. After completing zone 70 and taking on the "No birthers" challenge, I spent 6K He and am now rifling through all the zones. I completed a Void at level 20, something I've never even hoped to do before. My enemies shatter like glass when my mighty trimps attack. It's a little annoying to release trapped imps instead of waiting for the birthers to reproduce, but I can live with it.

Peter Morris
11-11-2016, 06:51 AM
Question about the Balance challenge:

"Completing Zone 40 with this challenge active will grant an additional 100% of all helium earned up to that point. This challenge is repeatable!"

Is that helium earned in the current run, or all previous runs?
Can you keep doubling up your helium? Is there a limit to how many times you can run it?

levdrakon
11-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Question about the Balance challenge:

"Completing Zone 40 with this challenge active will grant an additional 100% of all helium earned up to that point. This challenge is repeatable!"

Is that helium earned in the current run, or all previous runs?
Can you keep doubling up your helium? Is there a limit to how many times you can run it?
Just the current run, up to z40. You can repeat it as many times as want, unless you're doing a different challenge of course.

levdrakon
11-12-2016, 12:03 PM
So I broke the planet again. Here I am at Z60. It was certainly easier getting here than the last time I made it this far, three portals and challenges ago. Things are still so slow though, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing differently now, other than more of everything. I have 60 Collectors and I figure now it's time to save gems for Warpstations.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Telperion
11-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I decided to try the daily challenge yesterday, -76% from production and looting, and +300% enemy health for +346% helium. It hasn't actually been too bad so far, but I expect things will really slow down once I start to get up there in levels, since the low production will make it difficult to keep up with upgrades. Still, if I can get to around level 80 or so that should net somewhere around 100K helium, which would be really nice.

Munch
11-12-2016, 04:18 PM
So I broke the planet again. Here I am at Z60. It was certainly easier getting here than the last time I made it this far, three portals and challenges ago. Things are still so slow though, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing differently now, other than more of everything. I have 60 Collectors and I figure now it's time to save gems for Warpstations.

Thoughts, suggestions?

What are your perks set at? If you made it three portals ago, you really shouldn't be having that tough of a time. How much total helium do you have?

Best Topics: convert to mormonism viagra radio commercial accidentally washed silk highest voltage ever suicide acetaminophen unlikely superheroes fire syllable xfinity tv lagging ml volume houston hooker celwbrity movie archive funeral etiquette gift radioactive lantern mantles rob corddry hair friend russian dingus movie quote replacements for sincerely frying cum guinea pound kissing necking evil in chinese standard pool depth donkey punch meaning two colons concierge marie pronounce lozenges fur trim hood spanish bullfight song kmart ammo working at hermes hancock superpowers lillian gish bacon number thumbed his nose meaning rubber tubing for slingshots one armed pitcher mlb how much do bmw service advisors make mexican american war movies pupils dilating and contracting how to list beta gamma sigma on resume hot showers for sunburn age of a third grader topless beach in cancun best buy in store inventory getting shot in the heart is marginata poisonous to cats he had it coming chicago saturday night live flight attendant buh bye how do street addresses work twinkle twinkle little star and abc have the same tune how do you get rid of mice in your car 5 cylinder chevy motor what is a class b cigarette colder than a witch's tit 2+2=fish 3+3=eight 7+7=triangle explanation checking into hotel without id the best canned chili appropriate gift for passover why are there seagulls in parking lots what does cumin smell like non religious child sponsorship commissioned vs non commissioned how fast would you have to go to keep up with the sun how to get rid of an owl what do you call someone with no arms or legs we are the music makers willy wonka where buy boric acid shit bitch you is fine