Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Bully for you and them. Those of us in this thread feel differently about the subject, as evidenced by our participation in a thread about buying panties.

You know, this kind of thing is why I hate trying to have any sort of underwear shopping discussion on this board. There is always a contingent of guys popping in to say "Don't wear any! Hur hur hur," or "This thread is useless without pictures! Hur hur hur." (I must admit the question about pubic hair sticking out of panties is a new low of adolescent prurience even for this sort of thread.) I wish that once, just one goddamn time, we could have a serious and mature discussion on the subject without guys having to pop and make this sort of commentary, but I know I might as well wish for the moon, a million dollars, and a pony.
Jesus. You've really got your panties in a twist over nothing.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Creature of the Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Kent View Post
I'm a guy but I've had at least 2 girlfriends who agreed with me on this: unless it's really cold or you're wearing a short skirt, why any panties at all?
I have cats, and cats shed hair and claw husks. I prefer to keep both items out of my pinkest and most delicate parts.

Plus, most clothes are made to be worn with panties. The seams on jeans, in particular, are not comfortable if one goes commando, IME. And there's the moisture issue.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Bumping this thread because I just got an email from Victoria's Secret that they're starting a panty sale tomorrow, both online and in stores: 7 pairs of $26, which is less than 4 bucks a pair.

Since they got so much love on this thread, I thought I'd share.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 PM
*still loitering creepily... hoping to hear more about pink delicate parts...*

Last edited by Astroboy14; 03-22-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Astroboy14, do you have any idea how you just presented yourself with that post? I don't think you do.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
I wish that once, just one goddamn time, we could have a serious and mature discussion on the subject without guys having to pop and make this sort of commentary, but I know I might as well wish for the moon, a million dollars, and a pony.
Hope my comments/questions above didn't strike you that way.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zweisamkeit View Post
Astroboy14, do you have any idea how you just presented yourself with that post? I don't think you do.
Perhaps not... do I offend?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 PM
* shakes head sadly *

Well, there went that thread.

* wanders over to Cafe Society for a snack *
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I always appreciated that SDMB represent the full spectrum, ie, including moi...
Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalostwages View Post
Seriously, I have to ask........Are there any women out there who are really not wearing any? I can't imagine doing that, for reasons I won't bother explaining.
My wife doesn't own a pair, as far as I know. She doesn't wear short skirts.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Tyger View Post
I do sometimes, but only if I'm wearing pants (which is 95% of the time). I might go two or days without, but only during certain times of the month (obviously not when I'm on my period)
I love when you're on your period. It's lovely to want to cry wearing panties when you're on your period. Which I love when you're on your period, is that I love too see the waistband of your sexy panties and you see the waistband of my sexyboxer briefs. We can do cartwheels together, which you show your sexy panties and I show my sexy boxer briefs. Your sexy panties can rub onto my sexy boxer briefs.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhutic View Post
I love when you're on your period. It's lovely to want to cry wearing panties when you're on your period. Which I love when you're on your period, is that I love too see the waistband of your sexy panties and you see the waistband of my sexyboxer briefs. We can do cartwheels together, which you show your sexy panties and I show my sexy boxer briefs. Your sexy panties can rub onto my sexy boxer briefs.
I don't know what this is, but it's awesome and I read it 5 times. I can't stop laughing. We can do cartwheels together. Lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfoxfyre View Post
I don't know what this is, but it's awesome and I read it 5 times. I can't stop laughing. We can do cartwheels together. Lol.
It's creepy, but so disconnected from reality it's funny.

(1. As stated before, I wear boy shorts, not panties. And the panties I do have are not sexy, unless your definition of sexy is 'hey, there's a butt in there'.
2. You can't see my underwear pretty much ever. If you can, you can see all of it, not just the waistband. In that case, who are you and why are you in my house?!!
3. I can't do cartwheels.)
Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Well yeah, but don't guys have the same problem? I just don't wear those pants again that week. Generally it's not as bad, because the crotch of the pants are rubbing there like the underwear does. (Obviously, ymmv)
Last time I checked, guys don't have a problem with discharge emanating from their vaginas.

You go right ahead and go commando if you want to, but I plan to continue protecting my clothing from girly fluids.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsofia View Post
I get mine from Soma these days - the cotton ones are very comfortable and good for you, and they have some "vanishing edge" ones that have amazing little "stick to you" bits - it's a little hard to explain, but you don't notice them once they're on and they're great for panty lines.
I'd like to second (or third, I s'pose) Soma. I never used to spend money on panties, but they have a fairly regular 7-for-$35 sale, and while that's not the cheapest you can get underwear for, I like theirs enough that I've taken them up on it twice. Honestly the only thongs I'll wear for everyday underwear, and I got a free pair with "stick-to-you" bits with a bra order, and while it's not my favorite, I can see where a couple pair would be useful for certain situations. The pairs I have, their "Laceable" series, are soft and comfortable and don't ride and are lovely all-around. The liner is cotton, and the outside is a cotton/nylon/spandex blend.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:15 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfoxfyre View Post
We can do cartwheels together showing our underwears, with females on their periods doing it.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 AM
BANNED
Quote:
It's creepy, but so disconnected from reality it's funny.

(1. As stated before, I wear boy shorts, not panties. And the panties I do have are not sexy, unless your definition of sexy is 'hey, there's a butt in there'.
2. You can't see my underwear pretty much ever. If you can, you can see all of it, not just the waistband. In that case, who are you and why are you in my house?!!
3. I can't do cartwheels.)
On you're periods, always wear panties. It's lovely to want to cry wearing panties on you're periods.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 AM
I don't understand the need for undies.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 AM
No matter how many times it's explained to you?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 PM
https://marksandspencer.com/4-Po...ns/b/210723031

Well, I know you guys are in the US, but even with the shipping English knickers rule!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 PM
I had a thread on this subject in June, 2011. I also asked about double-A batteries in the same thread which caused confusion. I wound up buying panties at Costco and really liked them.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
I had a thread on this subject in June, 2011. I also asked about double-A batteries in the same thread which caused confusion. I wound up buying panties at Costco and really liked them.
Are you talking about the bikini-cut ones that are in a plastic shell, 6 to a pack, and are packed into themed colors (black/white/heather grey, pink/green/light orange and then three corresponding prints of those colors, etc)? I loooooooooove those! They're super super stretchy and amazingly soft. The few Hanes cotton bikini undies I had felt like sandpaper after I got these.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I have been wearing Jockey's for years. Go online and check out their Comfies cotton panties. No side seams!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I hate Walmart with a passion, but they've got some boyshorts type underwear that are just awesome, they're briefs (hipster?) and made out of the most comfortable lycra. They never ride up (and I'm a "baby got back" kinda girl).

I bought some about 6 months ago, and then couldn't find them again, and then recently I went there for something else (rare occasion) and found the same ones! I bought 6 pair, I think I'll go back and buy about a dozen more this weekend. They're that good, and they're less than 3 bucks a pair.

I wish I knew the brand, but you can't miss them, they're usually brightly colored and they're the only boyshorts type they have.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthous View Post
I need new drawers, and I'm not sure where to look. I'm the kind that looks for a kind I like and then buys 14 pair and is finished. I don't have 10 different styles like many girlie-girls do. I like my well-fitting, modestly attractive panties.

When I walk into an intimates department, I usually get overwhelmed and then leave. Right now I have some microfiber Jockey hipsters that work for me, don't leave panty lines, and fit well.

But I've read a lot about how 100% cotton is the way to go for hygiene reasons and I'm considering a switch, but it seems like cotton usually requires elastic which leaves panty lines (for instance, Jockey's cotton hipsters have elastic leg bands). I really like thongs, but I hear that they're not a good choice, hygienically, either.

So, any suggestions?
When bleeding that time of the month, wear high waist full butt brief panties.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
Last time I checked, guys don't have a problem with discharge emanating from their vaginas.

You go right ahead and go commando if you want to, but I plan to continue protecting my clothing from girly fluids.
I love that you protect your clothing from girly fluids. It's lovely to want to cry wearing panties to protect your clothing from girly fluids. Which love that you protect you clothing from girly fluids, is that I love too see the waistband of your panties and you see the waistband of my boxer briefs.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Writer on the storm
I'm closing this.
Closed Thread