Old 10-02-2011, 06:31 PM
BANNED
Strange double post!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:39 PM
All is good, Capitaine Zombie. I probably wasn't as clear as I could have been because I was distracted by the hot tub and nakiness. I missed the presumably straight part in your post. Lets blame the Carls for the miscommunication, OK?

And yes, they will forever be The Carls in my mind thanks to this thread
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlined View Post
They didn't have any idea that I could see them. It was really cute.

This morning, I noticed that the not so amazing, but still very nice, Carl was out working in their yard. I ambled down the street and struck up a conversation with him. We discussed what he was doing, the work I need to do on my roses, how nice their deck looks with the plant racks by the hot tub. He was telling me that he thinks the steam from the hot tub really helps the plants when he suddenly got it.

He stopped talking, looked at his deck, looked up at my house and blushed. I told him that in the future, when I saw the tub lights on that I'd smoke on my front deck. He asked if he could come up and look off my back deck and I agreed. He called in the door to the amazing Carl and they both came up to my place. When the amazing Carl looked down at their deck from mine, he blushed as well.

They are doing something with shade cloth and 2X4s now. I'm guessing that the "neighbor's with benefits" thing is going away. Once they are finished, I'll invite them back up to look down at their work.

Just to add to the fun, my crazy neighbor came out to give us the glare of death and they both smiled and waved at her and wished her a wonderful day. She went inside and slammed the door.
Until I got to this post, I was seriously worried that you were my neighbor. My husband and I naked hot tub all the time, behind our privacy fence and trees...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Look up, Enola Gay. People don't usually look up, they usually only look around and down. If I was living above you and could see over your fences and trees...I'd amble down to talk weather, gardens, plants, how much I like the new something/anything on your deck. If you didn't change anything, I'd figure that it was ok for me to oogle your hubby
Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacandra View Post
Strange double post!
Very strange, and I have no idea how it happened. Cats weren't involved, and I really didn't go click crazy.

Maybe it was the thought of the amazing Carl all nakie and wet.

Looks like my fun is over. When their shade cloth gets so threadbare that I can see their hot tub again, I'll wander down to say something.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
Am I a bad person in that, if there were attractive ladies having naked hot tub time and I could see, I wouldn't tell a damn soul?

FWIW, my vote would be "You're a bad person if you post pics.", other than that you would just be an average 'opportunistic voyeur'.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre of Pithecanthropus View Post
I don't know what your issue is with the OP, but don't bring it up in this forum again.
OK -- it seemed a jocular thread and I thought I was playing along. I have no issue with the OP -- it's a common complaint among neighbors AFAICT. Indeed, so common that it deserves it's own brand of "humor," just for the insiders. FWIW, the OP seems to have a bad situation with the neighbors, and I wish all best for everyone.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Offers up a friendly biker hug to Jaledin. All is good Your typo will be known for a very long time. Good on you!

I lost my chance to take pics when I told the Carls that I could see their deck.

I'm almost 34, I've seen lots of naked people. The amazing Carl was worth pics. Wanders off to cry because I know that the Dope is disappointed over the lack of pics.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 PM
I am trying to figure out if I would say anything. I doubt it, especially if there happened to be a good looking girl. Roseanne had a episode where their neighbor geezers were nudists in the house. That would be kind of disgusting.

The only thing that might make me say something is if I had guests that might see the goods.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Offers up a friendly biker hug to Jaledin. All is good Your typo will be known for a very long time. Good on you!
Accept the bro-hug gladly, but it wasn't a typo -- I know what a hot carl is, and that was supposed to be a little joke. Sorry if I crossed the streams too much, man! My total bad on that one. First time I ever had a mod come down on me (no...no...no...[/Tippi Hedren in *The Birds*]. I'm still a-quiver! ETA the only person I know well IRL named Carl is a moribdly obese computer programmer who's really just friends with my pop, but I took him out for Dim Sum when I married my sister off as a "minister" or whatever, one of those comic-book "Universal Life Church" things. And now, I still have a bottle of wine to get through and now Saran Wrap to play roles with! Maybe tomorrow!

Last edited by Jaledin; 10-02-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
<snip> When their shade cloth gets so threadbare that I can see their hot tub again, I'll wander down to say something.
Or you know, not.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Never tell them!

Don't you see??? When we're all growing up as kids, we always ask ourselves, why aren't the neighbors naked? And now you're living the dream! Don't ruin it!!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogSosoth View Post
Never tell them!

Don't you see??? When we're all growing up as kids, we always ask ourselves, why aren't the neighbors naked? And now you're living the dream! Don't ruin it!!
She already did. No idea why she did, though.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWhatsit View Post
This thread is useless without pics.
Well, they are only required in cat threads.

(And pussy doesn't count -- though it seems that's not involved here, either.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Carl's Junior does not mean what you think it does.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaledin View Post
Accept the bro-hug gladly, but it wasn't a typo -- I know what a hot carl is, and that was supposed to be a little joke. Sorry if I crossed the streams too much, man! My total bad on that one. First time I ever had a mod come down on me (no...no...no...[/Tippi Hedren in *The Birds*]. I'm still a-quiver! ETA the only person I know well IRL named Carl is a moribdly obese computer programmer who's really just friends with my pop, but I took him out for Dim Sum when I married my sister off as a "minister" or whatever, one of those comic-book "Universal Life Church" things. And now, I still have a bottle of wine to get through and now Saran Wrap to play roles with! Maybe tomorrow!
I burning your when you someone eat it??
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Happy Lenderdevver (sp?) - doesn't sound like a telephoto lens is needed!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Neither flatlined nor anyone else here seems to have taken up my suggestion, which was to chat them up, get to know them, then maybe you could eventually join them hot tubbing. If you think they're so cute, as you've repeatedly mentioned, why in the world didn't you pursue that angle? Who knows, they might have been open to inviting others to join them, once you get on at least speaking-friendly terms, even if you are not of their preferred parity. They might simply be into not tubbing, even nude hot tubbing, as a friendly social activity that can be done with friends and neighbors.

Maybe it's not too late. Hey, it may still be possible.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigamarole View Post
She already did. No idea why she did, though.
She was trying to be the master of her domain.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Suspended
Reminds me of when I was a kid. I had a friend whose next door neighbor sed to sunbathe nude on her pool deck. Oddly enogh, she always donned a bikini to swim.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I live in a retirement complex. I don't ever want to see any of my neighbors naked. And I'm willing to bet they feel the same about me.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
I lost my chance to take pics when I told the Carls that I could see their deck.
You misspelled. You need to put an 'i' over there.

Quote:
...when I married my sister off as a "minister" or whatever...
You really should have let someone else preside over your marriage to your sister. It's a special day.

What?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Case View Post
She did. That's what caused this whole thread to begin with!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Great. Now that flatlined's story is all straightened out, let's start on this one.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
. . . Just to add to the fun, my crazy neighbor came out to give us the glare of death and they both smiled and waved at her and wished her a wonderful day. She went inside and slammed the door.
Now that is sweet! They're really fitting into the neighborhood.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
Am I a bad person in that, if there were attractive ladies having naked hot tub time and I could see, I wouldn't tell a damn soul?

This. Live and let live is the best policy.

Last edited by Lukeinva; 10-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllaria View Post
Rename your wifi to ICUnakedhottub?
Love this idea. I may tweak it for the kids who sit in the church parking lot by my house looking for a wifi connection.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Zombie View Post
I hate it when a story ends and I still am totally confused as to the plot or the characters.
I know right? I am still confused as to whether the OP is a man or woman!
And why did the crazy neighbor give them the glare of death? What for?
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperatingSmoothly View Post
I know right? I am still confused as to whether the OP is a man or woman!
And why did the crazy neighbor give them the glare of death? What for?
Lol, the crazy neighbour thing was covered in another thread about noise and neighbours.
The OP is female, the nude couple is gay (and to add to the confusion are refered to as "Carl", both of them), the crazy neighbour is a Cat Lady.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Zombie View Post
The OP is female, the nude couple is gay (and to add to the confusion are refered to as "Carl", both of them), the crazy neighbour is a Cat Lady.
There's a rumor Ted McGinley is going to play a down-on-his-luck uncle who moves in next season.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
There's a rumor Ted McGinley is going to play a down-on-his-luck uncle who moves in next season.
And then the neighborhood gets canceled.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner pat View Post
And then the neighborhood gets canceled.
But not before they bring in an adorable moppet to try to bolster ratings.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I wish my neighbors were as interesting as yours. We just have a kid who rings the bell 10 times in a row because he wants to pet my roommate's huge dog (a great pyrenees).
Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Quote:

Seriously, one little vowel and it reads like a Penthouse letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "
We discussed what he was doing, the work I need to do on my roses, how nice their dick looks with the plant racks by the hot tub. He was telling me that he thinks the steam from the hot tub really helps ...

He stopped talking, looked at his dick, looked up at my house and blushed. I told him that in the future, when I saw the tub lights on that I'd smoke on my front deck. He asked if he could come up and look off my back deck and I agreed. He called in the door to the amazing Carl and they both came up to my place. When the amazing Carl looked down at their dick from mine, he blushed as well.

They are doing something with shade cloth and 2X4s now. I'm guessing that the "neighbor's with benefits" thing is going away. Once they are finished, I'll invite them back up to look down at their work.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelellogram View Post
I wish my neighbors were as interesting as yours. We just have a kid who rings the bell 10 times in a row because he wants to pet my roommate's huge dog (a great pyrenees).
In my experience, people who choose to live in the sticks tend to have some interesting features. I think that a lot of it is because we don't want to live so close to our neighbors that we have to interact with them if we don't have to. (Shudders at the memory of the times I had to live in apartments.)

I'm quite sure that there are people who tell stories about me. "HOLY COW!!! That bikergrrl up the hill that I told you about, yeah, the one who has all those noisy guys over all the time. Well, Joseph and I were out on our deck, having some private time, when she piled boxes up on her deck, climbed up on them and used a borrowed pair of binoculars to look over our privacy fence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Gay View Post
I laughed hard enough to scare cats
Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
In my experience, people who choose to live in the sticks tend to have some interesting features. I think that a lot of it is because we don't want to live so close to our neighbors that we have to interact with them if we don't have to. (Shudders at the memory of the times I had to live in apartments.)

I'm quite sure that there are people who tell stories about me. "HOLY COW!!! That bikergrrl up the hill that I told you about, yeah, the one who has all those noisy guys over all the time. Well, Joseph and I were out on our deck, having some private time, when she piled boxes up on her deck, climbed up on them and used a borrowed pair of binoculars to look over our privacy fence...<snip>
You reminded me of that old joke about the old lady who called the police on her nudist neighbours. "If I stand on this chair and lean waaaaay out of my window, I can see them naked in their apartment!"
Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Gay View Post
For that matter, change one letter in this post and you've got a pretty good start on a (possibly disturbing) Penthouse letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelellogram View Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Most amusing!
IMO though, you should have also mentioned that you didn't mind the view. Being new in town, they may not realize that you are so laid back/progressive as to call a male-male couple "traditional" and assume that you are too polite to tell them you were offended and/or one step away from calling the cops.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Thank you TR3driverI'm not sure that I'm progressive or anything. I will take that as the compliment that you intended and will think it over while tossing boxes around.

They already know who my CNL is, so they know who will scream/call the police/have a heart attack and in the middle of very dramatic clutching heart will forget what she is doing to take a long drink of her beer and then start screaming again.

If they already get that neighborhood stuff, they know that I don't care.

Wanders off, wonders off thinking about starting a thread asking about other people considers is a traditional couple.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 PM
BANNED
Quote:
You really should have let someone else preside over your marriage to your sister. It's a special day.
I'm a bitch of a "minister" or whatever. I actually got paid a number of times some good bills to "do" others.

As that other guy said, let's turn it into *my* show, because I clearly have so many interesting insights highlighted by mod.

As to OP -- eh, who cares. So, you see some dick over your fence. Maybe they have some good weed/meth/PCP?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Writer on the storm
Moderator Note

Jaledin, you need to dial back your nasty tone. Any more of this and you'll be getting official warnings, which put your posting privlegdes at risk.

Ellen Cherry
mpsims moderator
Old 10-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
It was a typo that became a joke. (Carls=cares in post 5)
How could it be a typo, the "l" is no where near the"e"?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm glad that you brought thread up again. Confesses to posting while chemically enabled.

Today I was leading my friends to my house when I saw the gay couple in their yard focusing a telescope on us. We almost crashed because we were laughing so hard. Do you guys know how embarrassing that a biker pile up at 25 mph would be?

After we got settled, a few of the guys shouted at the butt rangers and mooned them. The guys came up to drink beer with us.

I think they won't use ther amazing vison on my friends again...they got mooned by a guy with grey hair.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post
Yes, you are right... "Who the Hell Carls?" couldn't possibly be a typo since those are only allowed for keys right next to each other. It was clearly an attempt to do... or imply... or something... but it couldn't have been a typo.

(have you ever seen what these fancy auto correct programs do to messages?)
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 AM
"Superstar"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post
Actually, depending on how you touch type, it could just be a matter of using the wrong hand. Typos happen, even across a keyboard. Plus, typos+autocorrect and you get some weird word replacements.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
I'm glad that you brought thread up again. Confesses to posting while chemically enabled.

Today I was leading my friends to my house when I saw the gay couple in their yard focusing a telescope on us. We almost crashed because we were laughing so hard. Do you guys know how embarrassing that a biker pile up at 25 mph would be?

After we got settled, a few of the guys shouted at the butt rangers and mooned them. The guys came up to drink beer with us.

I think they won't use ther amazing vison on my friends again...they got mooned by a guy with grey hair.
+1 Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
Actually, depending on how you touch type, it could just be a matter of using the wrong hand ...
Maybe she was typing 'one handed'?

Sorry flatlined, I just couldn't resist!