Old 02-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Stargate SG-1 - Sokar and Anubis are played by the same person?

IMDB lists David Palffy as playing both Sokar and Anubis.

Of course this shouldn't surprise me. SG-1 does tend to reuse people. Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) does the voice of the Asgard Thor and Chistopher Judge (Teal'c) did the voice of Quetlezcoatl in The Crystal Skull. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting or didn't notice.

Of course IMDB can be wrong sometimes so I take this with a grain of salt.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Well, Gateworld confirms this (I looked up the characters in the Omnipedia), so I think that IMDb has probably got it right.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitebabe
Well, Gateworld confirms this (I looked up the characters in the Omnipedia), so I think that IMDb has probably got it right.
Heh yea I could have checked Gateworld. I only visit that site about everyday. :-p
Old 02-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Check out all the different characters this guy has played.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:53 PM
It's not exactly uncommon for that to happen on any SF show (and not unknown on non-SF).

And given that Anubis consist entirely of a voice and, apparently, a pool of coffee, it's not at all surprising.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:31 AM
I agree, Anubis is CGI face guy so only the voice need be varied a bit. Given the vocal effects used, I imagine that's not too hard to do post-filming.

The Trek university reuses actors alot too- for example the actor who play Weyun (sp?) on DS:9 plays an Andorian Captain on Enterprise.

Joss Weldon reuses actors as well- he imported Caleb (Buffy) and Jasmine (Angel) from Firefly.

Several actors from Space: Above and Beyond were later used on the X-Files to good effect.

Hmm, I may watch too much TV now that I think about it.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:51 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu
It's not exactly uncommon for that to happen on any SF show (and not unknown on non-SF).
Especially Babylon 5, where Kim Strauss played no less than ten different parts in fifteen credited appearances. (Wayne Alexander, who is more commonly remembered as the Oh It's Him Again Guy of B5, only played six different parts on the show.)

Quote:
And given that Anubis consist entirely of a voice and, apparently, a pool of coffee, it's not at all surprising.
Anubis consists entirely of His Divine Shadow from Lexx.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:40 PM
It isn't so much that they reused the actor it was more that they reused him as a Goa'uld System Lord. I found it more interesting than surprising.

I know about some of the reuse of actors in Sci-Fi, such as Jasmine on Angel. Which is also a favorite show of mine.