Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetout View Post
So how would that work - you don't see the quote, but you see the other content of the post (the bit where the person replies to the now-invisible quote)? Or would you want that hidden as well?
If the latter, how would that work in a case where someone multi-quotes, and only nine out of the ten people they quote are on your ignore list?
I'm not privy to the inner workings of vBulletin. I would assume that they could put something in the quote box that says the quote was from someone on the ignore list.

Having that happen is a wish list item at the moment, but it would have been nice if someone had thought of it in the design phase of the software.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothahump View Post
I'm not privy to the inner workings of vBulletin. I would assume that they could put something in the quote box that says the quote was from someone on the ignore list.

Having that happen is a wish list item at the moment, but it would have been nice if someone had thought of it in the design phase of the software.
Honestly. few people use the ignore list. Very few. I've got 0 on my list because I'm not afraid of what anyone has to say.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:57 PM
I was on a different forum that upgraded from a layout similar to this to a newer bells-and-whistles design. I did have a handful of dreadful posters on ignore at the time: in the newer design, those posters were completely removed from my thread view, including quote boxes. No sign that they even existed. It made reading threads rather problematic, as I saw other posters responding to thin air, as it were.

Personally, I would like to see some sort of ➕ / ➖ button on all posts that would let me manually collapse/expand posts and quotes in an instant, and have an obfuscate setting in the User CP to do it automatically to specific posters. Something like that could also be handy for supporting manual inline loading of graphics and/or video.

Last edited by eschereal; 11-28-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Honestly. few people use the ignore list. Very few. I've got 0 on my list because I'm not afraid of what anyone has to say.
It's not a matter of being afraid of what they have to say. It's a matter of them acting like a jerk and showing no sign of changing. Gets rather annoying after a while.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Moderating

I think the question about the board and how to use one of its functions has been answered. I'm closing this.

[/moderating]
Closed Thread