Old 06-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Charter Member
Would a Pine Marten make a good pet?

Before I start let me say up front that I am not saying I want to go get one as a pet, or that I condone the whole wild-animal-as-a-pet thing. What I'm talking about is... say you found an injured baby one and raised it and nursed it back to health. Would it domesticate? It's a member of the weasel family, and ferrets have been very successfully domesticated. However I've heard that mink, also in the weasel family, don't do well as pets because they are aggressive, (I don't know if it is true or not.) I've read that lions tame well, and tigers do not. Etc. So I was just wondering if anyone knows about the temperament of the pine marten and how it does in captivity.

Am I the only one who thinks that they're obscenely cute?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: zija moringa oleifera phillip pauli ftb house battle cries lithium drug abuse wenis bone riding cows castellated nuts scope vs listerine penis clit drink spoiled milk windshield steel wool bob barker microphone korean deodorant lukewarm etymology my liege magic ring pathfinder mootopia milk laney intervention news paper carriers plasma donation scars civil libertarian uncanny resemblence casablanca laszlo biting beetles edathamil dental captain typho gypsy scams cathouse locations unprotected turn training day explained retarded politically correct radium clock cartilage healing time hydrogen peroxide evaporation one armed pitcher mlb walgreen drug test kit reviews i hate going to church what nasal spray have epinephrine in it greta van sustern face f-4 top speed reserve price not met 5 o'clock shadow cartoon crank casement window air conditioner installation difference between malt liquor and beer what does nasa stand for joke top ten trailer park names window film that you can see out but not in sea salt solution cvs why is the weather channel website so bad crank window air conditioner falling asleep while walking samsung dryer goes to 1 minute i hate my furnace how many slices of pizza offend your delicate sensibilities volvo wedding commercial explanation giant shit in toilet can you freeze sausage gravy addams family doorbell mp3 what does we are 138 mean pickled herring in wine sauce unsolved mysteries sitcoms online why do light bulbs keep blowing out post nasal drip and chest congestion wall vents in old houses