Old 01-16-2003, 05:39 PM
John Wilkes Booth's... son?

I recently learned of the book "THIS ONE MAD ACT" by Izola Forrester, published in 1937. Forrester was the daughter of Ogarita Booth (1860-1887), who claimed to be the daughter of John Wilkes Booth and his wife Izola Mills D'Arcy. Among other claims, Booth faked his own death and later visited his wife, fathering a son born in 1870 (five years after he was killed).

I'm familiar with the tales of Booth surviving the burning barn, etc., but has anybody read or heard of this book? I'm curious if there's been a scholarly study of it and to what extent it was debunked or trashed. The photographs of Ogarita do indeed bear a striking similarity to J.W. Booth, but the tale ofa son being born to a man who's been dead 5 years but visits his wife in secret sounds a bit like a Victorian alibi.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: can't use chopsticks cow corn widow ring finger yellow dollar submarine anchors turbocharged dragster sister hate scat females lobster arachnid much less grammar multisystem vcr puggle breeding deductibles are bullshit tom sawyer meaning kindle firestick dolly tire repair infinity symbol alt mkv splitter razz mopeds pearl clutching caligula fisting scene napa turn rotors tungsten rings ebay pain after catheter survivor twop donate sheet music kava panic attacks bail 10 percent cat chewing cords define alcatraz swallowed glass shards overbite sleep apnea zip lock bags in microwave is the cigarette smoking man mulder's father can you still buy gros michel bananas how much claritin d can you buy in a month washer high efficiency vs regular how long does kava effects last color of the boathouse at hereford cheapest item on amazon prime can post nasal drip cause stomach pain how long does a burn hurt barbara jean reba before after period one day late on birth control hobby lobby dollhouse kit belt screeching noise at startup why is it called a clockwork orange 5w20 vs 5w30 difference how to wash 100 polyester comforter how much is a sony trinitron tv worth kirkland brand jeans suppliers song that goes woo hoo loctite glass glue home depot bed bath and beyond digital meat thermometer i'll take a milk in a dirty glass how many peachtree streets in atlanta how to stretch out a shirt that's too small 800 mg motrin over the counter how long does evaporated milk last after opening how long should a shower take for a guy how much does a boob weigh italian names for mickey mouse mp3 player for the blind how to ejaculate more volume yahoo timmy in the well how to say earth in different languages lump on tailbone under skin