Old 06-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Garden Club names needed

So my wife and her partner in crime are planning on forming a garden club. The hoity-toity traditional clubs have waiting lists. They want to form an alternative Scrappy Doo of garden clubs. (I assume it is just an excuse for them to get together and drink in each others' back yards.) But they need a name.

These are off the top of my head:

The Garden Hoes

Dirty Nails

Dig it!

No pansies allowed!

Daze of wine and roses

The Weed Eaters

My better half was underwhelmed. I figgered you folk could do much better.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:53 PM
heh, I don't think it's much better, but how about:

Dandelion Divas?
Mulch Mistresses?
Cutting Crew? (probably been done before - hairdressers if I recall)
W.G.W [What Grows Where?]
Old 06-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Charter Member
To steal from Cervaise:

Wankers without Borders
Old 06-07-2002, 07:26 PM
Crap. The first one to pop into my head is the first one on your list.

Come on. How can you have a women's garden group and NOT somehow work in the word "hoe"???
Old 06-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Violet Femmes
Old 06-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Hoes with Hoses. Oh wait, that would be a different kind of garden club. A very different kind. I don't even think they would have a garden.

I'm trying to make a clever "green thumb" reference, but I keep coming up with lame booger jokes.

I really do have a lovely garden, though. Really.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Are they looking for some kind of cutesy name like "The Rose Buds" or what?
Old 06-08-2002, 02:21 AM
I'd vote for The Violet Femmes, but here goes anyway...

The Compost Office

Mulch ado about Nutmeg

The Pistil Packers

The Pollen Eight (limited membership)
Old 06-08-2002, 03:57 AM
"The High Times Horticultural and Sharpshooting Society"

I bet the local law enforcement types would get a kick out of that one.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Nice one, heresiarch! That's my favorite so far.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Well?????

Did she go with my brilliant suggestion, or what?????

Don't leave us hanging, man!
Old 06-09-2002, 12:19 AM
How about the Flowering Pears of Death (Flowering Bitches of Death works well, too I think)

or maybe The Death Pansies

perhaps The Maidenhairs of Death

you could even go with something like Impatient Death

ooh, ooh, I know. How about...the Poisonous Begonia Society From Which Death Comes

that would be a GREAT name.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:26 AM
Dorothy Parker was once playing a word game where you had to use the word given in a sentance. She was given "horticulture" and came up with:
"You can lead a horticulture, but you cannot make her think." I submit something along those lines.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SwimmingRiddles
Dorothy Parker was once playing a word game where you had to use the word given in a sentance. She was given "horticulture" and came up with:
"You can lead a horticulture, but you cannot make her think." I submit something along those lines.
The Cultured Hortis.