Old 09-26-2002, 03:26 PM
Pleae explain Leo Kottke's "Pepe Hush"

Can someone please explain to me what’s going on in Leo Kottke’s “Pepe Hush”?

The hero (main character?) checks into a fleabag (motel), but can’t sleep in part because it’s dawn and in part because Pepe is making a fuss. Apparently Pepe is a dog. Pepe is very uptight, and bouncing around the room. Why? Then… who is it that falls on the lamp and burns his nose on the bulb – the hero or Pepe? “That drove Pepe crazy” but “The guy is completely unconscious and Pepe’s got his ear to the ground.” Huh? He barked (I assume Pepe) for his mom (the lady, I presume?) and the front desk clerk, but apparently with little effect. The hero then “dreams” he’s going to hurt the woman… but first that damn dog. “Dreams” he electrocutes it, but when he wakes up Pepe is clearly still alive and well (and still barking).

Who’s the hero? What does he have against the woman, except that Pepe is disturbing his sleep? What’s got Pepe so riled up in the first place? I just don't get it.

Full lyrics are easily obtained via Google. Thanks.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: dutch surname reticulating splines kike etymology reddit wellbutrin fraternal grandfather what is vixen wedding day pranks bayou vs river shotgun formation apocalypse and thanos edna unger eating beaver tail cinemax adults baron from dune selling herbalife google nederland chloroform for sale mrskin member fraternity paddle matthew lesko sharpie fixative spray stan kelly psychology couch hair on arm reddit sasha grey reball ps3 whaled on engine braking prohibited are we dancing reagan ketchup dizziness seeing stars cream cheese mold what colors do bishops wear brother printer usb cable not included wild hare up your hells angels vest or jacket for sale fireflies in washington state visiting maine in november how to split the cost of a vacation rental home depot granite installation reviews nudity in james bond does deleting a steam game delete saves freezing point of salt water what is blister in the sun about clockwise or counterclockwise to loosen american history x van song did andy and helen get married eagle eyes navigator sunglasses can you take zyrtec and claritin green stuff on nosepiece of glasses how long does it take to get a copy of your social security card? what is a tanning accelerator led zeppelin dream on knife in toaster mythbusters fifth of a gallon how to print checks from home why do prisoners wear stripes remove wrinkles from paper snap on monthly flyer what does dear mean in british gillette slim adjustable vs fatboy vinyl record cut out how long can i leave pizza out phil and claire dunphy cd baby copyright claim how long does it take to fully charge a car battery famous public domain songs