Old 02-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Classical music from movie "Being There" (1979)

This one's keeping me up at night! Under the main titles to "Being There," Chance wakes up and turns the TV set on to a symphony orchestra playing the opening movement of a very famous classical piece. Everyone knows this music; it's been featured in other movies and I know I know it, but cannot come up with it. It's not mentioned in the closing credits; there's no soundtrack for the movie, and exhaustive web searches and queries of classical music lovers among family and friends have yielded nothing. Title and composer anyone?
Old 02-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Always worth searching newsgroups as well as the web - according to Google Groups it's Schubert's Unfinished Symphony.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Thank you Usram; you're right. If you are a fan of this movie, you know that everything Chance watches on TV has a connection to his character or the plot. Using Schubert's 8th (The Unfinished) Symphony makes sense because Chance is an "unfinished" person. Thanks again.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM
It's Schubert's 8th symphony.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Did he finish it since the original answer?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 PM
SDSAB
Odd - Schubert isn't mentioned here: http://imdb.com/title/tt0078841/soundtrack

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off