Old 06-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Charter Member
Alyson Hannigan in FHM-oh my sweet God!

http://alysonhannigancorner.com/alyfhmus0603.html

rows 4-7

*bows in worship*

Yeah, the pics of Charisma Carpenter in row 2 are quite nice also but dammit, Willow has my heart!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Charter Member
Ugh. She could stand to gain a couple of pounds. You call those hips????

Old 06-29-2003, 11:48 AM
I actually bought this issue. I have to admit, she looks good, much better than in any episode of the show. But she's right- she has a small chest. Still, better that than the fake balloons Carpenter's got. (I still like em' both, even so.)
Old 06-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Charter Member
I'm not worried about the size of the chest as I am the size of those ribs. God, woman, eat a burger!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:56 AM
I will never understand this girl's appeal. She is just not that attractive!

I notice she is rather popular with the geek contingent.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Charter Member
She is very pretty, with big, soulful eyes that just rip a mans heart out from his chest.

But she still needs to gain a few pounds.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:07 PM
I don't wanna do her. I wanna feed her. She needs some serious downhome cookery.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Yes, she's a bit on the skinny side. Or rather, way to skinny for my normal taste in women. That doesn't change the fact that during S.4 she was absolutely the most adorable sweet creature to ever grace any screen. It's not the looks, it's something else.
From what I've seen of her in interviews and stuff, Willow might be a lot geekier, but there is still a strong resemblance between the character and AH.

And I do her anytime. I'd even let her move in with me. I've always pictured the woman who was gone live with me to be cute and nice looking, when wearing baggy sweat pants, big socks, a T that's been washed to many times, and glasses on the tip of her nose, curled up on the couch, doing a crossword.
Who cares about the boobs, anyway?

So I'm a geek. Sue me.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:14 PM
I like the way she delivers her lines as if it is the most metally taxing exercise that she could possible undertake.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Charter Member
God, don't you just hate it when you make a comment about somebody else's intelligence and you misspell* words like "mentally" and "possibly"?

*Possibly misspelled. On purpose? You decide!
Old 06-29-2003, 01:21 PM
I thought he was referring to her tinfoil hat.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:23 PM
She looks her usual, adorably-hot self in the pictures inside the magazine, but I think she looks absolutely terrible in that cover shot. Who approved that? It's just not a good picture of her. Terrible angle that really does not flatter her body. Empty, vacant stare. That dumb, mouth-agape thing going on. Poorly lit. They really had to work hard to manage to make Alyson Hannigan unappealing. But, as I said, they make up for it with the shots inside the magazine.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm not a Buffyshow fan, but normally I find Hannigan cute. Most of those shots don't do anything for me, the badly lit, wall-eyed skank look does not become her. And where's that expressive smile that's a big part of her charm?

She needs some red beans and rice to flesh her out.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:02 PM
I don't particularly like the pictures in the OP. Part of Hannigan's charm is that geeky-girl-next-door thing, and those pics just don't have it.

Now pics like this one or this one....hubba hubba.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
God, don't you just hate it when you make a comment about somebody else's intelligence....
What does her delivery have to do with her intelligence? For all I know she could be smarter than Cecil. I just like the delivery.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by widdershins
And where's that expressive smile that's a big part of her charm?
YES! I was trying to figure out why I found these shots of her not very appealling, and you nailed it.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:46 PM
When I saw those pictures of Aly, standing in the bookstore, all I could think was; "This is the ONLY thing in the entire Universe that could ever inspire me to buy a copy of FHM."

At least one of those pics is going up on my wall when I move to Montreal. Framed.

Love me, Love Madonna: it's just the way it is.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Charter Member
That's what's considered attractive nowadays? Nobody but a surgeon should be counting a healthy woman's ribs, and her hair looks like the Raggedy Ann dolls my mother makes. They also put her in some singularly unflattering outfits, but that's another matter.

Dewey, I presume you know that the pictures you linked were pulled, apparently for being stolen?
Old 06-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Wow, look at that Chronos go. He's more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
Old 06-29-2003, 05:35 PM
The thing about Aly is that she's always been slender. Some people are just built that way. SMG, OTOH has acquired 'The Hollywood Syndrome' in later years, as have Christina Ricci and a whole bunch of other young actresses.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Eh. Alyson Hanigan is definitely going to be invited to my Fantasy Island of Hot Tropical Loving, but those particular pictures just don't do it for me. The deer-in-the-headlights look is rarely attractive, and it definitely doesn't work for her.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Yeah, SMG, like Jennifer Aniston, used to have a cute build.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Charter Member
I'd just like to say that cries of "gain weight!" can be construed as just as offensive as cries of "lose weight!"
Old 06-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos
Dewey, I presume you know that the pictures you linked were pulled, apparently for being stolen?
Eh? Pulled by who? The links are still showing up in the thread, and they're working fine on my end.

Since they're (i) from the same site as the OP and (ii) also from FHM magazine, I can only presume they're at least as legal as the photos linked to in the OP.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Way too skinny.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Is it just me, or does she look a little like Matthew Broderick in that cover picture???

I like Willow too.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Its not just you, Archegal - good grief that is a scary resemblance.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Archergal
Is it just me, or does she look a little like Matthew Broderick in that cover picture???

Yes.

And I think they've photoshopped (photoshoped? new verb?) her boobs too, in that picture.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Eh? Pulled by who? The links are still showing up in the thread, and they're working fine on my end.
That's funny... When I tried to look at either of them, I got re-directed to a page telling me I didn't have permission, and "stolen" in the URL. But I just tried copy-and-pasting the URLs, and they worked fine. Maybe there's some sort of protection against linking directly to images?

But yes, those pictures are a lot more appealing. Her hair still looks unnatural, but without her ribs showing her figure looks a lot better, and she does have a great smile.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:22 PM
I saw this magazine in a book store and was about to post a thread about it, too. But with a different take on it -- as far as I'm concerned, FHM has done the impossible, publishing a picture of Willow in underwear that did absolutely nothing for me on any level. How can you be a professional photographer and/or photo editor and get such horrible expressions from your model?

You could take just about any random still from the Buffy TV series and get a more attractive shot of Hannigan, or for that matter any of the other cast members they chose. Sure, a good part of Hannigan's appeal is the character she's playing and not her outward appearance, but they even managed to make Emma Caufield look goofy. I didn't think that was possible, either.

Bleah. Just give me a copy of "Doppelgangland" and keep the magazine.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:08 PM
I think she's kinda cute, but my ghod, someone feed that poor woman...
Old 06-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GuanoLad
I'd just like to say that cries of "gain weight!" can be construed as just as offensive as cries of "lose weight!"
My God, you are my new hero.

I am tiny and I am so effing tired of people feeling it's OK to make snarky comments about my weight and make hateful and judgemental comments about how I look just because I'm small. Last time someone said "You need to eat something, girl!" I suggested that they could stand to lose a few pounds and they shut up real quick.

Sorry for the hijack, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:28 PM
I agree with jinwicked, she and AH are petite but they still look, for lack of a better word, healthy. They do not have the gaunt, sunken cheeks look which to me looks bad and unhealthy. Kind of like the difference between Courtney Cox when she was on family ties and the first year of Friends, to the scrawny looking woman she is now. That said I think AH is quite attractive in the "girl next door" way.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:02 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jinwicked
My God, you are my new hero.
I am honoured. No exaggeration!

Being a thin fellow myself, I get a lot of comments about what I do or don't eat, and about my build. For some reason, the majority of people think it's okay to comment about skinny people, in ways they wouldn't dream of saying to heavy people.

Anyway, the reason Alyson Hannigan looks so thin - is because she IS thin! And always has been, as far as I know!

Though I agree that the pictures make her look sallow and unappealing. That's just a 'modern' style of photography, though. i.e. the trend these days is to style things in a crappy amateurish way. Or so it seems to me.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:14 AM
Quote:
That's what's considered attractive nowadays? Nobody but a surgeon should be counting a healthy woman's ribs, and her hair looks like the Raggedy Ann dolls my mother makes. They also put her in some singularly unflattering outfits, but that's another matter.
Not only can you count my ribs, but if I suck my stomach in, you can actually wedge a little bit of your finger up under my ribcage and feel the whole bone all the way around.

Somehow, people still manage to not find me disgusting.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:15 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
Not that 'unrealistic standards of beauty' isn't a valid debate, but it kind of bothers me that everybody's new favorite celebrity game is "who do we think has an eating disorder?"
Old 06-30-2003, 12:18 AM
jinwicked: If you were so underweight that it was dangerous to your health, would you still object to people saying you were too thin? Do you not think you are underweight? Sometimes people can say things to you with the best of intentions, although it can often sound objectionable.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:27 AM
I'm not underweight, I'm still trying to lose weight. I assure you I have quite a healthy amount of fat on my arse and thighs from sitting at this computer all the time. It just happens that the fat in my body is weirdly distributed, and I have almost none on the upper part of my torso or arms. Which means that you can see my ribs.

And yes, I would object to people commenting on it, even if I were unhealthy, just like I don't run around to people who I feel are overweight to a point of being unhealthy, making sure to tell them how they're in danger of this and that unless they lose X number of pounds. My weight is none of their business anymore than my clothes or how I wear my makeup, and their weight is none of mine.

And I see the "give that girl a cheeseburger" comments all the time here. It's not like this is the only thread it ever happened in. If I went around posting "gee, that girl needs to lay off the cheeseburgers" I'd get flamed just like SpaceCowboy did in the pit for pointing out someone's 'cottage cheese' thighs.

I could be diabetic or anorexic or just naturally have a high metabolism. No matter what the case, it's none of anyone's business and I think assuming every thin girl is starving herself and not eating on purpose is severely out of line. Not finding skinny girls attractive is one thing. Rude and snarky comments are something else entirely.

And for the record, I was a pretty big kid who just naturally grew out of it, so I've been on both ends of the "honey you need to lose a few pounds/ eat a cheeseburger for chrissakes" spectrum. And neither one of them is any more or less pleasant than the other.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:40 AM
I totally agree that comments like "give that girl a cheeseburger" are offensive. I would never say that to anyone. I am quite skinny myself, and I have had people say things like that to me, so I understand.

From your previous posts I thought maybe you were severely underweight. I see that that isn't the case however. What I was trying to say was that if someone is borderline anorexic then sometimes helpful advice could be acceptable.

I meant no offense to you personally, you sound like you're doing just fine.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Alyson's a babe, and apparently she likes geeks, I've seen photos of her hanging with George Lucas!

And having seen pictures of jinwicked, I have to say (as I have many times) that she's absolutely stunning in her beauty and that it would be an honor to count her ribs.

Frankly, jin (and please don't take this the wrong way), I really don't see why you aren't trying to be a model or an actress. You've got the looks for it, and you're certainly brighter than 99% of the current crop, so you could easily manage your career quite successfully.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerfan
Frankly, jin (and please don't take this the wrong way), I really don't see why you aren't trying to be a model or an actress. You've got the looks for it, and you're certainly brighter than 99% of the current crop, so you could easily manage your career quite successfully.
Thank you very much, Tuckerfan, but at only 5'3" I'm pretty much not qualified to do any real modeling work. I like modeling for hobbyist photographers because it's fun, but I'm too short to get paid for it. I do enjoy acting but I'm more of a comedian than a serious actress, and it's something that I'd have to forfiet art, writing and everything else for 'cause to succeed I'd have to totally devote myself to it. Which I'm not willing to do.

But if it makes you feel any better, I'm thinking about getting into poetry slam and even trying my hand at some open mic stand-up, once I can work out a good routine. And you can count my ribs if you like. You're not counting anything else though.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:23 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
Tuckerfan, Jinwicked says she's tiny... it's supposed to be VERY hard to get anywhere as a model if you're less than about 5'9". Assuming that by tiny she meant short.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jinwicked
And you can count my ribs if you like. You're not counting anything else though.
You're a cruel woman, you know that don't you?
Old 06-30-2003, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Ugh. She could stand to gain a couple of pounds. You call those hips????
Quote:
God, woman, eat a burger!
Quote:
she still needs to gain a few pounds.
Quote:
I don't wanna do her. I wanna feed her. She needs some serious downhome cookery.
Quote:
She needs some red beans and rice to flesh her out.
Quote:
That's what's considered attractive nowadays? Nobody but a surgeon should be counting a healthy woman's ribs
Quote:
Way too skinny.

Haters.

-Cisco, 6'5", 155lbs, and I eat plenty of cheeseburgers.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Marley23
Tuckerfan, Jinwicked says she's tiny... it's supposed to be VERY hard to get anywhere as a model if you're less than about 5'9". Assuming that by tiny she meant short.
True, but there's a need for petite models I'm sure, and being short hasn't hurt Tom Cruise's career. Besides, have you seen any of jin's photo? Can't find the shot of her in the Catholic school girl uniform on her site, but it's a stunning photo. Not only does it capture the subtle forbidden thoughts one has about Catholic school girls, but there's a burning intesity in her facial expression (in a totally non-sexual way) that's difficult to describe. Frankly, I doubt many of the professional models/actresses working today could pull it off.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:51 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
Tom Cruise isn't a model, and in fact he does get made fun of for being short. In movies, they have ways of making people look taller, that's the other thing.

Is there a need for petite models? Sure. But that's not what most agencies or whomever appear to be looking for. I have a friend who's about 5' tall and having this problem. She's been told by a lot of people she looks like Mena Suvari (who, in fact, was also short for a model at 5'4").
Old 06-30-2003, 02:28 AM
I love Alyson, but those FHM pictures make her look ghastly. I really don't like them. I prefer THESE pictures of her, from IIRC Maxim.

Mmm, redhead...
Old 06-30-2003, 02:38 AM
Quote:
That's what's considered attractive nowadays? Nobody but a surgeon should be counting a healthy woman's ribs...
So you must think she's too skinny also Chronos? She wants you Chronos..
Old 06-30-2003, 02:59 AM
The pictures didn't really work for me, but if any of you ever run into a situation where you simply have to spend some naked time with Ms. Hannigan, I'd be happy to jump on that particular grenade for you.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:30 AM
reddragon -- there you go! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for sending out that link; I was starting to be crestfallen that maybe my Willow-as-skank fantasies weren't everything I was hoping them to be. But that photo just proves that it was just the FHM photographers not knowing what they were doing.

(I just looked at some of the other FHM photos on that site -- they even managed to make Julie Benz look kind of goofy. The hell?!?)