Old 08-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Who are some famous black people from Milwaukee?

In looking at these demographic statistics on Milwaukee, Wisconsin I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the fact that Milwaukee is almost 40% black, as I thought black migration out of the south pretty much centered on the more heavy industrialized rust belt cities and ended around Detroit. Plus, not to imply Milwaukee black people are slackers, but quite frankly, Ive never heard much about any famous black people from Milwaukee the same way I have from Detroit or Philadelphia which are full of famous and accomplished black people.

Help me correct my demographic ignorance. Who are some famous or otherwise well known and accomplished black people from Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Ulice Payne, Jr., chief executive of the Milwaukee Brewers, first black president of a Major League Baseball team.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Singer/actor Eric Benet, husband of Haile Berry.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Hank Aaron, all time home run leader

Al Jarreau, jazz singer
Old 08-19-2003, 04:37 PM
That guy named Speech, from Arrested Development.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump