Old 10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Why would a presumably "tame" tiger suddenly attack?

I know, I know, "Ask the tiger." But one would think that after being born with a human "father" as the only one it has ever known, and then raised and trained by humans, specifically Roy Horn, what would prompt an animal that has done hundreds of shows doing the same thing, day in, day out, no surprises, to suddenly try to kill--not love bite--its owner?

Well, I can't speak for the tiger and I'm sorry about what happened, but I probably would have done the same thing if I'd been part of the show

Jokes aside, I can understand an elephant turning rogue--an accumulated memory of mistreatment, perhaps, coming to a head--but elephants are light-years more intelligent than tigers, to whom I would attribute less intelligence than your average rabbit (lucky there are no 600 lb. rabbits).
Old 10-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tonbo0422
what would prompt an animal that has done hundreds of shows doing the same thing, day in, day out, no surprises, to suddenly try to kill--not love bite--its owner?
I don't think the tigee tried to kill him. If it was actually trying to kill Roy, then he would be dead.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Well, it's probably not "tame", really, as you're probably aware. I'd honestly like to know myself, but the only thing I can find printed is that the tiger was "distracted by something in the audience".

I mean, if my cat is "distracted" by something, she's perfectly capable of freaking out, and as a "domesticated" cat, more commas and quotation marks, more! she's supposedly more tame than a tiger'll ever be. But I know that if little Sheba was 10 times bigger I'd own a much better stocked first-aid kit than I do now.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Charter Member
There are no tame tigers. I don't think there is an animal handler alive that would disagree with that statement. Anyone who bets their life that there is such a beast is liable to end up as tiger poo.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Because it is a tiger.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Fear Itself hit it on the head, I think. Watch the documentary Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control for a very interesting interview with an animal trainer. He emphasizes that you always have to keep on your toes when in the ring with them because they are always looking to re-establish their dominance over you.

Add to that what Nanoda said, and you have yourself a very dangerous way of making a living. The fella in the documentary related an interesting story regarding a Pop Corn machine and how it drove one animal nuts whenever it was running, even though he could not hear it. The only solution, after he figured out what the problem was, was to tell the vending guy not to run the popcorn machine during his performance.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by aloneincrowds
Because it is a tiger.
[/Richard Dawson voice]

Show me tiiiiiiiigerrrrrrr!

Ding, ding, ding.

Number one answer!!!!!!!

[/Richard Dawson voice]
Old 10-07-2003, 06:10 PM
How much domestication does it take to breed the "wild" out of an animal? Surely if they had been housepets for 100 years, the offspring'd be at least a little tame. Seems like if you did it long enough, you'd end up eventually with "house-tigers"
Old 10-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Charter Jays Fan
Tigers are only as smart as a rabbit? I'd give them a little more credit than that.

Having said that, I would imagine the tiger in question picked up on a cue or physical action Roy made that means nothing to us but means a lot to a tiger. It's easy to forget that animals do not perceive body language the way we do; presumably Roy did something that triggered the tiger's "Time to be the dominant one" behaviour, and whammo.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the tiger was not trying to kill Roy. As Joe points out, if it had wanted to kill him, believe me, he'd have been as dead as a doornail in about ten seconds. Tigers are incredibly fast and immensely strong and I sincerely doubt a man would even see it coming, much less survive it. It was doing what felines do when they're pissed and reestablishing dominance - grabbing the competitor by the neck, a dominance display for a cat, reminiscent of what their mothers do when they're kittens. (If you want to show your cat you're pissed at it, grab it by the scruff of the neck. They get the message.) It's meant to show off strength, dominance and authority, not kill or even seriously harm the target; hell, MY cats do that. The problem is that in this case it wasn't one animal displaying to another animal of roughly equal size; it was a 600-pound monster grabbing a 140-pound man. What would have been little more than an embarassment to another tiger was deadly to a human.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:20 PM
You cannot tame a tiger, though they are used because they're easier to work with than lions.

A tiger has inbred natural instincts that cannot be trained out of it, unlike a dog which through selective breeding these undesirable traits have been removed.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fear Itself
There are no tame tigers. I don't think there is an animal handler alive that would disagree with that statement. Anyone who bets their life that there is such a beast is liable to end up as tiger poo.
Damn straight. A tiger is never truly "tame", and one best remember that.

In fact, not only am I not surprised, I'm wondering-where there previous attacks by tigers?
Old 10-07-2003, 06:57 PM
I'll second Fear Itself (ok, and others); wild animals are just that, no matter how they are raised.

Also, wild tigers only stay with mom (not dad, he may kill them) for about three years, the show tigers' instinct may be contradictive to their current lifestyle (could it be they're just confused? ). I also agree that if a tiger wants you dead, you're kitty chow - so this attack seems more like a spooked-kitty-reaction on steroids than an actual attack.

Though it would seem we are not their preference,tigers have been known to attack people in the past (though rare, it never worked out well for the attack-ee). They will also fight for dominance with other tigers when they meet (usually not to the death - for a tiger, anyway). They are big and powerful (but we knew that) - even a "love bite" during their play could bring down a person. This is not something you just "breed out"; even if they became less likely to attack us (through intent), they would still present a significant danger to us; think about "tame" dogs that are tough to handle, now add 500 lbs, bigger teeth (etc.). Even more, once they realized that our bodies are soft and squishy, all of that training is moot.

Overall, I really don't see the surprise in this situation: A person, who is basically sirloin, stands next to one of the most powerful carnivores on the planet... and he is bitten. Sad, but not surprising.
"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame; I craved factual certainty; and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life - so I became a scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls." -- Matt Cartmill
Old 10-07-2003, 07:06 PM
MC Master of Ceremonies
Quote:
A tiger has inbred natural instincts that cannot be trained out of it, unlike a dog which through selective breeding these undesirable traits have been removed
Why can't you remove these traits as in dogs?
Old 10-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Charter Member
We've been breeding dogs for more than 10,000 years as domestic animals - and we STILL have occassional dog attacks on humans, dogbites are one of the most (if not the most) common animal-caused human injuries, and dogs are both smaller than us and evolved a hierarchical social system in their packs that humans have exploited to control them.

Tigers, on the other hand, have not been reliably bred in captivity until the 20th Century (and even so, it's a tricky business to get them to do the nasty successfully), they DON'T have a social structure to speak of in the wild, they're a lot bigger than us, and, frankly, in the natural state we're food to them. Bascially, Roy Horn is like your cat's squeaky-toy teaching Puss-N-Boots to perform cute tricks.

I don't think the tiger intended Mr. Horn any real harm - if it had, it could have bitten his head off. But it's a tiger - a big, powerful predator. It could cause you major damage just by sitting on you, much less grabbing you by the throat with its teeth.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:40 PM
As I type this, Entertainment Tonight weighs in for the first time. No more Siegfried & Roy! Still, there are a couple of other bozos doing the same thing in Vegas.

As usual, the SD board has all the good answers. I am also inclined to the theory that something in the audience triggered some unknowable response in the animal, or even Roy himself behaved slightly differently.

I also accept that the tiger didn't mean to kill him. With all the cats I've ever had (a lot) there were some "bitey" ones and some non "bitey" ones, but some things were automatic triggers for biting in a lot of them--like touching them in the middle of the back.

Some were quite vicious too, doing the "burrowing" action with the hind legs in addition to biting (a vestigial "disembowelling" reflex?) I would amuse myself by displaying the numerous track marks all over my forearm to my friends, occasionally.

But I know when a cat is biting because it means business, and none of the cats I've ever had did that, otherwise it would be stitches instead of scratches. Translated to 600 lbs. and it would be curtains.

It's remarkable that they didn't have safeguards, such as a man standing by with a .357 Magnum to terminate the tiger at close range.

For the record, I think using any animals for human entertainment is quite sick and those who participate should expect their just rewards. Anyone who equates using an animal in little better than a circus act is the least qualified to be boasting about his "love" for the animals or his "efforts at conservation." He's a freak-show host with enslaved animals as his freaks and would do better to admit it.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Well, there's the things mentioned about dogs having a very heirarchical structure that lets the human establish himself/herself as the alpha dog to good effect, and the thousands of years of killing or running off the most aggressive dogs. Then there's the fact that wolves aren't really aggressive animals anyway. They've gotten a bad rap from hunting the livestock that ranchers were raising. I've read that there aren't any reported cases of wolves just attacking without being teased or threatened, unlike tigers, alligators, etc.

Oh, and American alligators are apparently just not as mean as crocodiles, either. No, they're not the same thing with a different name.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:55 PM
I think "mean" as applied to animals is just an anthromorphic misquotation. As far as I know, there isn't a single animal on Earth except humans that can fall under the human concept of "mean" unless it's from our mirroring of our own behaviour. You probably meant "ornery"

By "mean" in this case, I assume you mean "acting aggressively towards humans." I guess the term is a convenient one--for lack of another--to describe what we humans consider alarmingly protective/aggressive behaviour usually directed against ourselves. Gods help us if any animal could grasp the true meaning of "mean". (If there were an animal eqiuvalent, I suspect it would be a collective ant colony.)

Don't mean to hairsplit. As far as I know, PETA does not yet troll these boards.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:00 AM
BANNED
I have known even "TAME" dogs to bite people. One thing I hate is when people say "My dog would never bite anyone." It is an animal still and if it has teeth it is capable of biting.

I had a cat an every once in a great while I would be play fighting, my hand against her body and it would go out of hand. Not often but every so often. The claws went a little too deep or she didn't let go.

And these are domesticated. Multiply that by 1000 times and even a friendly playful cat is now deadly.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Broomstick got it. The tiger might have been "human habituated" or maybe even tame (whatever that means), but it wasn't domesticated. Dogs have been bred for domestication at least for 15k years, and maybe 2 or 3 times that much.

Don't confused "domesticated" with "tame". Tame just means a wild animal that is used to humans. It still has all it's wild insticts intact.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:18 AM
Charter Member
None of the posts has addressed the [i]real[i/] issue: The rampant homophobia within the Great Cat community.

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old 10-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Re: Why would a presumably "tame" tiger suddenly attack?

Quote:
I know, I know, "Ask the tiger." But one would think that after being born with a human "father" as the only one it has ever known, and then raised and trained by humans, specifically Roy Horn, what would prompt an animal that has done hundreds of shows doing the same thing, day in, day out, no surprises, to suddenly try to kill--not love bite--its owner?
I just want to point out that this wasn't a tiger who had been doing the act hundreds of times. It was its first time on stage and if I read correctly, it was trying to leave when Roy kept urging it back onto stage. At one point it bit him on the arm and Roy started hitting it with a water bottle on the nose, then it lunged.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
No, sorry. You've read the first reports on the situation. Go to Yahoo news or something, and you'll find mentioned repeatedly that the hotel admits that S and R just said that to heighten tension. That tiger was a long way from its first performance.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:05 AM
At what age might a tiger become demented? The above explanations seem plausible, but I also wonder about neurological changes. The tiger was 7, right?
Old 10-08-2003, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fear Itself
Exactly. There's no such thing as a tame tiger....or tame any other type of wild animal.

The only animal I would consider tame are cows. Anything you can hunt with a hammer qualifies as tame in my book.

Daylon
Old 10-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Daylon
Anything you can hunt with a hammer qualifies as tame in my book.
Heh . . . then I guess cockroaches must be tame
Old 10-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Borgia
None of the posts has addressed the real issue: The rampant homophobia within the Great Cat community.
Roy is gay?

I'm so embarrassed, but that thought never occurred before to me.

Probably because I can go months, even years, without thinking about Siegfried and Roy at all.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Roy _was_ gay. This may have scared him straight

Here's the best link for the latest news on the affaire du tigre dingue: http://reviewjournal.com
Old 10-08-2003, 11:58 AM
"On Tuesday, Yuman reiterated that there are no plans to destroy the tiger, Montecore.

"'His future is bright,' Yuman said. 'A tiger is a tiger. We understand.'"

His future is bright? What's first on the agenda, Larry King? Maybe Dateline NBC next (take out Maria Shriver with a paw swipe.)
Old 10-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Charter Member
My loving fluffy kitty (back when he was still alive) was very affectionate. He loved me, he wanted cuddling all the time, he would lick my face (this is typical carnivore submissive behavior). But occasionally he'd swat my hand with his claws, or nip me. He didn't want to kill me, I don't know if he really even wanted to hurt me. He just reacted instinctively to some stimuli...maybe he got flea bite and thought it was my fault. Whatever the reason, he would sometimes give me scratches and occasionally break the skin. And this was a loving, tame animal, whose species had been domesticated for thousands of years.

Now imagine the exact same friendly kitty, but weighing 500 pounds. His little scratches and nips would be lethal to a puny human like me. One swat with his itty-bitty paws would take your head off. And all it takes is one incident, and you are kitty food. Even if the kitty loved you and didn't really want to harm you.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:23 PM
If you are interested in the interplay between humans and tigers, and also would like to read a very good book (which won the Booker Prize last year), I highly recommend Life of Pi, by Yann Martel. A short set up:
SPOILER:
Young Pi, the son of a zoo-keeper, is shipwrecked and set adrift on a 26 foot life boat, together with a 450 pound bengal tiger. His only hope is to gain and maintain the "alpha male" position within the boat. An amazing book.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:44 PM
I was in a cage with a lion one time. She was still a cub, I suppose, but was still taller than me by about a foot when on her hind legs and she must have weighed a couple of hundred pounds.
At one point she had the muscle of my upper arm in her mouth and seemed to be ripping it off the bone (at least that's how it felt). I told her owner and he told me to hit her on the nose. So I did. 'tap tap tap". "No", he said, "hit her". So he hauls off and clocks this lion. Lion lets me go and drops down on all fours. There seemed to be no other reaction from the lion and it didn't seem to hurt her at all.
When I read about Roy it said that he tapped the tiger on the nose with a microphone. It may be that Roy, at that point, didn't percieve any real danger and was unwilling to hit the tiger as hard as is necessary to let him know he meant business. I can understand that as it would probably freak out the audience seeing what, to them, would be a solid punch. The cat may have then either thought that it was playtime or time to assert dominance since Roy, in his eyes failed to act dominantly.
This is all just a guess on my part. I'm no zoologist. And maybe none too bright either getting into a cage with a lion.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Guinastasia

In fact, not only am I not surprised, I'm wondering-where there previous attacks by tigers?

"Since 1990, there have been at least 151 dangerous incidents involving big cats in 34 states. Two children have lost their lives, and more than 40 others have lost limbs or suffered other injuries. Eleven adults have been killed, and scores have been mauled."

source
Old 10-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Quote:
His future is bright? What's first on the agenda, Larry King?
Celine Dion. Please please please please...
Old 10-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Siegfried Crumbaker IS on Larry King tonight (Oct. 8). Gotta catch that.

Celine shouldn't be too difficult--she's a couple of blocks up the Strip. Just hold a scrap of her clothing up to Montecore's nose and whisper "You GO, boy!" He'll run like the wind.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:08 PM
tonbo's link has a story with Siegfried's answer to the OP's question, in fact ...

Quote:
Fischbacher said he has spent the past few days crying and praying for his longtime friend. He also said he felt for the tiger, who "reacted instinctively and was completely confused because Roy slipped."

Fischbacher said Roy noticed something was off with the tiger, so he departed from the routine and moved between the tiger and the audience. It was then that Roy stumbled, Fischbacher said.
As usual in a case of severe meltdown in a normally flawless process, it looks like there was a cascade of failures. Something in the environment or in the audience made the tiger nervous; Roy, trying to compensate and calm the animal down, left the standard routine and then stumbled, which turned 'nervous' into 'panicky'.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ilsa_Lund
How much domestication does it take to breed the "wild" out of an animal? Surely if they had been housepets for 100 years, the offspring'd be at least a little tame. Seems like if you did it long enough, you'd end up eventually with "house-tigers"
An animal is an animal is an animal. Haven't you ever been scratched or nipped by a "friendly" house cat/dog/rabbit?

Well, take that little scratch or nip and magnify it by *500. You'll be lucky to make to the ER!

Anyway, doesn't this attack on Roy even things up a little? You know, after those soldiers killing that Bengal Tiger in the Baghdad zoo?
Old 10-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by wnorthr
I was in a cage with a lion one time. She was still a cub, I suppose, but was still taller than me by about a foot when on her hind legs and she must have weighed a couple of hundred pounds.
At one point she had the muscle of my upper arm in her mouth and seemed to be ripping it off the bone (at least that's how it felt). I told her owner and he told me to hit her on the nose. So I did. 'tap tap tap". "No", he said, "hit her". So he hauls off and clocks this lion. Lion lets me go and drops down on all fours. There seemed to be no other reaction from the lion and it didn't seem to hurt her at all.
IIRC, a swat on the nose is a normal feline "domination" signal - cats in the wild do it to each other (or the Big Cat does to anyone who acts up), housecats do it to each other, and it's often used when training your pet cat - a very gentle tap of the fingertip on the nose when kitty starts chewing on your sleeve or whatever along with a verbal "No". Scale "very gentle tap" up from 10 pound housecat to 300 pound lion and I can see where a punch would be necessary.

I spoke to a dog trainer who had worked with exotic animals for many years, including tigers. After elephants the tigers scared him the most - no matter how much they look like big cuddly cats and no matter that they've eaten treats from your hand, they are very large, dangerous, hard-wired predators. When he was walking around the outside of the enclosure a tiger would be constantly stalking him on the inside (he said that the sight of a 600 pound tiger "hiding" behind a few tall weeds would have been funny if it wasn't an animal that could eat him). When he had to go in to leave food and treats (such as an entire horse's head), even though Fluffy was in a seperate enclosure he got in, left the goodies and got out ASAP, looking all around him the entire time.

As far as Roy is concerned I ditto the other posts - there is no such thing as a tame tiger. There are simply tigers that haven't decided to eat you yet. I love 'em and think that they're majestic animals but no way am I getting that close to one.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
One of the most disturbing dreams I have ever had was that there was a tiger in my apartment--in fact, in the room between me and the front door. This was your real, panicking, awaking-bolt-upright-with-sweat dream.

I have never been so scared in my life. A ten-foot moat is as close as I ever want to come to a tiger.

Note to self: re-read "Man-eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Corbett. Follow up with "Man-eating Leopards of Rudraprayag" by same.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Note to self: re-read "Man-eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Corbett. Follow up with "Man-eating Leopards of Rudraprayag" by same.
The first is probably the finest book ever written about wild tigers. The second title (though it's just "Leopard" - one was plenty in this case) gets my vote as the greatest hunting story of all time.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Some of Jim Corbett's points about tigers:

Their speed, strength and skill at hunting are far greater than most people realize.

Their usual method of killing prey is to dislocate the neck.

They don't eat people except when, due to injury or age, they are unable to kill normal prey. Healthy wild tigers are very little threat to humans (they are a threat to livestock, which probably look to tigers like fat, slow, stupid versions of their normal prey).

I'm not sure what this says about a caged tiger's behavior. Such a life is obviously radically different from what a tiger experiences in the wild.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Watching Siegfried Fischbacher and his manager on Larry King Live reminds me why I hate these people just out of priciple. A few concerned words for dear old "Roy", how he's a "superman", then it's straight to the pitches of the Next Big Thing, a deal with Dreamworks. All the superlatives, the fake gravitas, the quasi-inspirational psyche-babble, when they're actually probably rubbing their hands together with glee.

A great opportunity to plug The Act!

The pseudo-mystical pronouncements, the exaggerated accent (after 40 years, you would expect someone to say "with", not "mit" . . . ) Astounding.

It just goes to show that these people lead their lives in an insulated bubble of yes-men and sycophants to the extent that their only human reaction to something like this is how to turn it to their best possible advantage.

Sick. Montecore should have finished the job.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:27 AM
No, I mean previous attacks on Sigfried and Roy by their tigers.

(BTW, I know they're gay, but are they actually a couple themselves?)
Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 AM
Charter Member
I've heard several reports that there have been no prior incidents of this sort with Siegfried and Roy and their tigers.

You know, I don't think there was a darn thing wrong with the tiger - everything the tiger did was normal tiger behavior. They're big, powerful animals that can hurt you without intending to - and I don't think the tiger really intended harm, if he had, the man would be dead.

I used to work with horses - although horses are a prey species and fully domesticated, they're still big, powerful animals. Everyone once in awhile a horse would step on someone unintentionally and break a foot, or spook and drop a rider into the dirt, or otherwise injure a nearby human. No ill intent on the part of the horse - they're just big, heavy animals. Likewise, even a gentle, playful swat by a full grown tiger possessing claws, or a nip from a full grown tiger's teeth, is more than sufficient to cause severe injury to a human being.

As to the personal life of Siegfried and Roy - haven't a clue, can't say I'm particularly interested, although it wouldn't surprise me to learn they were a couple.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Must have been his cologne.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
...I have never been so scared in my life. A ten-foot moat is as close as I ever want to come to a tiger.

Um... tigers can swim you know.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:36 AM
It says in this article that Roy "tripped". I'm thinking this may have startled the kitty and caused the attack. Try making a quick movement around any kitty, it startles them.

http://usatoday.com/life/2003-10...ontinues_x.htm
Old 10-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member
A theory I heard this morning while half listening to the radio is that the tiger was actually trying to protect Roy from whatever distracted in him the audience and wanted Roy off stage. I have no cite, I don't even remember where I heard it. But it is another interesting theory to throw around.

However, I DID hear something interesting on a "Big Cats" show on Animal Planet. Oddly enough it was on Tuesday night (soon after the attack, no?)

Anyway, a guy who works with big cats at the circus said the cats are all very much still predators no matter how they've been raised. All their actions and reactions to certain situations point to this. He also said that if a tiger were to bite or scratch a human hard enough to draw blood, the cat would be overcome with predatory instincts and you'd better get the hell out of there ASAP.

The good thing about this situation, so far at least, is that people are recognizing it's not the tiger's fault. It's almost no one's fault. It's just nature clashing with Vegas
Old 10-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Valgard
no matter how much they look like big cuddly cats and no matter that they've eaten treats from your hand, they are very large, dangerous, hard-wired predators.

A cat is always testing dominance.
A cat's instinct is to survive, even if that means it's offspring starves.
A (male) cat will kill and eat (others) kittens.

The key work is hard wired. In (most) humans, an impulse is evaluated by the frontal lobes before it is acted upon. It cats an instinct is acted upon first.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
tonbo0422
Quote:
It's remarkable that they didn't have safeguards, such as a man standing by with a .357 Magnum to terminate the tiger at close range.
You'd wanna file the front sights off that particular weapon first.*

*Didn't I post this before, or am I going Crazy?

What will happen to the rest of the tigers now?
Old 10-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Just heard on the news that "Roy slipped and the tiger was pulling him off the stage to protect him" Bwhhhhaahahahahahahaha