Old 10-24-2003, 02:52 AM
BANNED
Zoolander's ringtone - what song?

This has bugged me for awhile now. What song did his super-mini-micro-tac cellphone play when it rang? I keep thinking its some classic 80s electronica, but I can't quite place it.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:07 PM
BANNED
C'mon, nobody knows the answer to this?!

Its the scene right after he leaves the coalminer's bar and is looking at a reflection of himself in a puddle. His agent calls and his tiny cellphone rings...
Old 10-28-2003, 07:34 PM
I remember knowing it when I heard it, but I can't reall the tone now. Got a clip?

Probably not...that was a stupid question.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:44 AM
This tone was standard on Nokia phones a few years ago (don't know about now). It's called "Samba."

The tune sounds like the background music from a vintage video game, but I can't place it. Donkey Kong Jr, perhaps?
Old 10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
The guy who sat next to me for about a year had it on his cell phone....it is forever imbedded into my brain:

Doo do do doo do, do doo do doo do......
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 PM
I have the answer

Looks like I'm 12 years late but I just saw the movie and heard the ringtone. I couldn't place it so I did a google search which lead me to this thread.

It came to me while I was reading... it's from Wonder Boy - when the angel flies with him in and he's invincible.

You're welcome.