Old 12-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Saran wrap used as a condom?

I read something about that in FHM magazine today. Would it work? I mean I guess you would need a certain technique. They should have books out : "The art of wrapping your penis with saran wrap". They could make millions. So would it actually work and if it does what are the downsides?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:03 PM
it will work, you have to get the non microwaveable kind though, because the microwaveable kind has holes in it
Old 12-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Luminary
Iirc, saran wrap can cause severe irritation to a vagina. You're looking for trouble if you trust it to do the same job as a condom.

I'm tempted to use stronger, more insulting language.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Duality

I'm tempted to use stronger, more insulting language.
For the purpose of what?
Old 12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
I think there was a reference to this practice in the original "Greased Lightning" song from the stage production of Grease. The movie Grease left it out, except for a dance move Travolta does, sort of a pelvic thrust again some plastic wrap.

I get this info from a documentary about 'Grease', I never heard the stage song myself.

This brings up the question, did they have plastic wrap in the 50s? I could search, but I don't feel like it.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:09 AM
...of course, I mention that Grease stuff simply as interesting related facts, not to say it proves anything.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Wow, I'm always surprised when someone else has one of my crazy, far-fetched ideas that I'd never speak aloud! It's funnier when they're published in magazines.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:59 AM
No one has mentioned the movie "Booty Call" yet? Jamie Foxx?

Of course, he starts out using plastic wrap as an oral shield for ... ahem... female body parts and ends up with a full body condom.

It's actually even funnier than it sounds.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:05 AM
Charter Member
For the love of Zod! Am I the oldest person on these boards? I'm only 43 for Christ sake!
Back in the 70's (when the worst thing that you could do to a girl was make her pregnant. Everything else was taken care of with a shot in the butt!) plastic wrap was routinely used as a condom. Especially when you were getting some when you didn't expected to. I don't recommend it, but still, it worked. I never knocked anyone up until after I was married.

The fun part came when you got home and tried taking it off. Try unwrapping cling wrap off a cum soaked ding-a-ling.
sigh! The 70's.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pkbites
when the worst thing that you could do to a girl was make her pregnant. Everything else was taken care of with a shot in the butt
These days a shot in the butt will keep her from getting pregnant, but doesn't provide protection against STDs.

I'm so mature.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:31 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ekow2kn3
it will work, you have to get the non microwaveable kind though, because the microwaveable kind has holes in it
Also it isn't a good idea to put your penis in a microwave oven - exposure to microwaves can cause sterility.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:42 AM
putting your penis in the microwave might be good idea if you want something similer to a castration, but quicker and with burns.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:44 AM
oh much cheaper, and a slight but increadibly small chance of super powers. you might become pee pee man, able to raise the ocean level in a signal pit stop.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:03 AM
BANNED
Hot-dog...

hee-hee
Old 12-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Actually, I think the burns and sterility will be the least of your concerns if you are able to get into the microwave and shut the door completely, in order to start it.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:02 AM
A quick web search seems to suggest that this isn't a great idea. While saran wrap has been tested effective in stopping viruses (http://ninecircles.ca/Infoline/F...0and%20STD.htm) it seems that there are other problems associated with using it as a condom. It's rather hard to apply properly, can cause extreme irritation, and breaks easily. Something to consider; If you can't afford to buy a proper condom, can you afford the increased possibility of becoming a parent?

http://wackyuses.com/wf_saran.html
Quote:
Rumor contends that a piece of Saran Wrap can be used as an impromptu condom. It does not work. Plastic film does not withstand the friction of sexual intercourse nor does it provide an adequate barrier against sperm.
http://canadiancondom.com/LearnA...MaleCondom.htm
Quote:
Saran wrap is not a substitute for a condom. Saran wrap has plenty of tiny holes, tears easily, and is awkward to use.
http://scarleteen.com/boyfriend/adv_wrap.html
Quote:
plastic wrap in regards to sex is only useful in one way: that's as a barrier for vaginal oral sex
http://chebucto.ns.ca/Health/Tee.../bcmiscon.html
Quote:
Saran wrap and balloons are not good condoms. They don't fit, can easily be torn or left in the vagina during intercourse.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
plastic wrap in regards to sex is only useful in one way: that's as a barrier for vaginal oral sex
Makeshift condoms notwithstanding, this sounds more like lack of imagination on the part of the writer.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:17 AM
The Fugs sang (sort of) about it in a song entitled "Saran Wrap" from the album "Virgin Fugs" from 1966.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Well, if saran wrap won't work, how about aluminum foil?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:31 AM
BANNED
Does anyone remember the school-yard ditty "Mary, Mary"?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally posted by BrotherCadfael
Well, if saran wrap won't work, how about aluminum foil?
A tinfoil hat for Mr. Happy? What kind of loon do you take him for? Well, sure, he's impulsive and single-minded, but holy gazoot, you'd have him quoting Snidely Whiplash. "Curses! Foiled again!"
Old 12-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Luminary
Quote:
Originally posted by whuckfistle
For the purpose of what?
To try to pound some sense into people who may be too stupid to live. But that would be aquestion for Great Debates.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Duality
To try to pound some sense into people who may be too stupid to live. But that would be aquestion for Great Debates.
He was responding to an article that he read, not asking if it was a good idea for he to do it himself.
Beating up on him would be misdirecting your frustration.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:41 AM
DO NOT put the tin foil wrapped member in the microwave.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Luminary
True. Being too lazy to look for supporting cites, I wanted to swiftly come down hard on the idea in case someone out there thought it was a reasonable idea.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Free condoms are available from family planning clinics, peer sexuality persons in schools, HIV/AIDS clinics, some doctors and sex-on-premesis venues here in Australia.

=8^}
Old 12-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by NurseCarmen
DO NOT put the tin foil wrapped member in the microwave.
i can't put my tin foil wrapped member in the oven, I can't chew on my tin foil wrapped member. i can't put my tin foil wrapped member in the microwave. why don't i just go lay down and die?</homer simpson>