Old 12-31-2003, 10:25 AM
What does this highway sign mean?

I was driving along I-90 between Buffalo, Ny and Cleveland, OH when I say these signs along the highway and I have no clue as to what they mean.

The sign looks like a "NO PARKING" sign except instead of a "P"
with the red slash of forboding there are the letters "HC"
What is this "HC" and why is it forbidden?

Help before I yank out my hair!

Thanks!

C
Old 12-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Charter Member
IIRC, HC = highly combustible. I've seen these signs before tunnels where trucks carrying combustible materials are not permitted to enter.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 AM
No Hazardous Cargo.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Charter Member
I believe it means No Hazardous Cargo.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:34 AM
From here:
Quote:
No 'HC' and 'HC' signs are comon practice in Ohio cities prohibiting or allowing trucks with hazardous materials on specific highways.
Stands for "Hazardous Chemicals".
Old 12-31-2003, 10:36 AM
*sigh* Or "Hazardous Cargo". Sorry, I'm posting while waiting to catch a plane home.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off