Old 02-17-2004, 12:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Help! Missed last minute of Couples Fear Factor finale (2/16/04)!!

Did anyone watch the finale of Couples Fear Factor? Who won?!?!? We saw both couples do the stunt, but TiVo cut out just as they were going to announce who won.

Help us!
Old 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Fucking NBC. Schedule the program for 58 minutes and then run long anyway. I missed it too.

Anyways, according to the TWoP board, the winners were Jackson and Monica, the team with the girl with the big fake ones. I wanted the cute couple to win, but at least the really annoying ones lost in the previous stunt.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Thanks! We were sort of rooting for the cute couple, even though Jackson and Monica were way more competent and thus really deserved to win more. Mostly, we were just really really glad the super irritating couple didn't win.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Yeah, I was on the phone when the super-irritating couple got eliminated -- were they at all gracious about it? I was so afraid they were going to win!

I was okay with Jackson and Monica winning -- they were both really solid at the competition the whole way through, and they really seem to care about each other as a couple, unlike, say, the irritating couple...
"[K]nown for piercing old-school jeremiads and lapidary filigree animadversions in the style of Jane 'The Bodyslammer' Austen and the blind poet Homer writing under the name of Edgar Allan Hemingway, [she cites] precedents with the mental agility of Ron Zeigler deflecting a question about Watergate." -Exapno Mapcase
Old 02-17-2004, 08:30 AM
I don't think Monica's are fake. Just enormous. Waaaaay too enormous for her tiny body.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:32 AM
I was surprised they won though. From the point where they turned off the clock so we couldn't see it, it looked like they still had a hell of a long swim to get to the ramp, and then pull the flag. It sure as hell looked like it took longer than 15 seconds. (the difference from when they stopped showing the clock, and the final time)
Old 02-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twickster
Yeah, I was on the phone when the super-irritating couple got eliminated -- were they at all gracious about it? I was so afraid they were going to win!
The girl couldn't get into the tank with the spiders and, after several minutes of pleading by Rogan and her man, called it quits.

Two observations about it:

1. The guy was pleading for a long time trying to get her to lie down so she could get strapped in and she couldn't/wouldn't do it. Rogan comes in, says something to the effect of "C'mon - you're tough. You can do it" and she lies down almost instantly. Priceless.

2. She was absolutely devasted that she was not able to do the stunt and kept looking at the guy. All she wanted from him was a little sympathy or validation - she was a mess. And all studly does is stand there and look pissed. My wife was litteraly screaming at the TV "Give her a hug you assh*le!". As the other couples left, I imagine the producers said something similar and he reahes over and gives her a little "There There" pat on the back.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhoun
I don't think Monica's are fake. Just enormous. Waaaaay too enormous for her tiny body.
Nope, she freely admitted they were off-the-shelf. You got a problem with that?

mske -- heh. What a delightfully ignominious end for those smug assholes! (Yeah, I do feel a little sorry for her, if she was genuinely afraid -- but hell, we had six weeks or so to build up a big head of hatin' of that pair.)
Old 02-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Man, the part where she wigged out was incredibly intense. There was a million dollars on the other side of that box, and SHE COULDN'T DO IT! Man, that had to be a hard way to find out there are thing you won't do for a million bucks. I felt for her. And yeah, boyfriend shoulda hugged her. He was probably pretty pissed off, but I'm sure he wasn't nearly as upset as his girfriend was.
Quoted from adaher: There are many groups that wield political power out of proportion to their numbers. The wealthy are just one group of many with outsized influence. It should not be the goal of tax policy to weaken a group for political purposes. It's corrupt, for one thing.