Old 03-01-2004, 09:48 PM
BANNED
eyes watering in morning

Quite often, right after I wake up, my eyes water.
Sometime sit lasts for hours.
Then I must wait to put on make up.
Does anyone else get this?
Old 03-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Yes, I get my eyes watering in the morning, sometimes more in the right eye. I don't know why. It is strange. Maybe related to age? I'm 45.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:16 PM
BANNED
Me too! (45)
Old 03-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Do you wear contacts?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:30 PM
I am only 24 and this happens to me. I am a compulsive morning showerer so it usually goes away by the time I am finished.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:31 PM
BANNED
haven't worm them in over 10 years, unfortuantely (I look bad with glasses, haven't ogtten asked on a date since I wore contacts!)
Old 03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Well, there's the solution! You need a date!

I think it's more your shyness and your telegraphing your fear of being hurt that's keeping you from being asked out, not your looks!* Plus, if people irl knew you (your personality and natural sweetness) like we know you, you'd never be home on Friday night, for sooth.

*remember, Private Dancer, I've seen you
Old 03-02-2004, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla
I think I get this sometimes from allergies.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla

Sounds allergy-esque. Do you also have dark circles like black eyes under your eyes, esp near nose? Those are known as "allergenic shiners" and a certain sign of allergies. Try taking benedryl or claritin or some similar thing before bed and see if it helps.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Charter Member
Do you get the same thing on the morning after you put fresh sheets on the bed? If not, it could be from dust/dust mites. Do you use a specific product on your face just before bedtime? Try skipping it. Do you watch the late news just before bed? You may be weeping in your sleep. No cure for that, unless you ignore news altogether. Do you sleep nude? If so, refer to the recent pinworm thread, and prepare to get the heebie-jeebies.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Do you guys use down pillows?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi ... it happens to me too (I'm 33) ... but not when I first wake up, it happens to me when I leave the house ... and 99% of the time it's just in my right eye ... which can water during the entire 10 minute drive to work.

It definitely happens more in the winter. A couple of years ago it was so bad that I actually had chapped skin under my eyes ... VERY attractive!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Contrary to what you might think, it could be a sign of dry eyes.

As you know, when you sleep, your bodily functions slow down. It could be that your tear glands aren't producing enough lubricant at night. Then, when you wake up, they go into overdrive. I'm not sure why it is, but somehow this just doesn't help. My left eye waters sometimes. I use a product called Clear Eyes to stop it but any over-the-counter eye drops should work. Try that in the morning and see if it helps.

I also like the allergy theory.

As for the pinworm reference, I've avoided that thread so far and don't think I'll check it out now. :P
Old 03-02-2004, 10:55 PM
BANNED
hmm.
never had an allergy.
Don't use pillows.
Not the sheets.
I'm thinking it May be the fact that I don't get ALL the eye make up off before bed.
i wash with soap and water and not all the black eye pencil probably comes off.
Maybe I should try make up remover.

NoClue, come here and dry my eyes.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:43 PM
I thought it was normal. My eyes have always watered in the mornings. They're getting ready for a long day of blinking. Lubin up for all the rolling to come.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:03 AM
It could also be your detergent.