Old 03-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Longest Animated Film? (non-TV)

I know there are a lot of animated "films" that are actually re-edited TV episodes. Those don't count. I'm talking about the SINGLE longest animated film you can think of that was made specifically for theactrical release. So far, I can't think of any that go past 2 hours.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Of the 5-6 I checked just now, several are over 2 hours, with the longest being Mononoke Hime (AKA Princess Mononoke) at 134m. The longest US film of those I checked on is The Lord of the Rings (1978) at 132m. Fantasia is right at 120m. Generally speaking, animated films that are aimed at an older audience are going to be longer than your standard Disney fare.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:00 PM
According to The Guinness Book of Movie Facts & Feats (1993 ed.), the longest cartoon ever made was Osamu Tezuka's erotic feature A Thousand and One Nights (Japan, 1969), which had a running time of 2 hours 30 minutes in the original Japanese version.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Ogministrator
Charter Member
Moved to CS.

-xash
General Questions Moderator

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On