Old 06-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Have you ever had an Enema?

Nice? Painful? Salty?

I was at my GrandMa's yesterday, and saw one on the shelf in the Loo. My first reaction was "Ee..", but then I remembered reading somewhere that some people get off on them, so maybe they're kinda nice in some way.

Well?
Old 06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith
..... Salty?

You don't drink them !!!

Old 06-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I had to have one, once. And I can't for the life of me understand how anybody could enjoy it. Apart from the embarassment, I virtually exploded after thirty seconds, and then had cramps for half an hour before another explosion.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:49 AM
I had to have a complete bowel prep before some tests on my kidneys a few years ago. The enema wasn't nearly so shitty (both literally and figuratively) as the saline laxative that started the process. It was awkward to self-administer, to say the least, but it was no worse than the rectal exam my gyno does every year and the stomach cramps weren't nearly so severe as I'd had previously.

Keep in mind that some people are sick and twisted and enjoy having things stuffed up their asses and stomach cramps. I, however, am not one of those people. I daresay Granny isn't either; the elderly often have constipation issues and fiber pills, etc. don't always work.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:01 AM
BANNED
My life is riddled with enemas, but none of them are sexual in nature. If I were to hazard a guess though, i think the appeal of them in a fetish sense is the control/humiliation factor as well as the warmth and fullness you feel from having that warm liquid filling your bowels.

From what I understand it's used a lot in BDSM practice to prepare the way for plugs or toys or peen.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:14 AM
BANNED
Yes, when I was little I used to get badly impacted and my parents would administer enemas to loosen things up.

All I can remember about it was that it was excruciatingly painful. In fact the whole ordeal was quite traumatic for me.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Once.

Then I unleashed a barium geyser that put the fear of God into every two and four legged animal with six blocks. Seriously, you'd think the doctors had shoved an M-80 and a dairy cow up my butt.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Mostly harmless
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu
Once.

Then I unleashed a barium geyser that put the fear of God into every two and four legged animal with six blocks. Seriously, you'd think the doctors had shoved an M-80 and a dairy cow up my butt.
Thanks. Now I have to clean chewed lettuce and salad dressing off my monitor.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:10 PM
BANNED
Last night I drank a whole bottle of Magnesium Citrate, lieu, you would have been proud of the lemony liquid tub-girl type geyser my ass released. Luckily, my husband is out of town so our romantic view of each other is still intact
Old 06-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Why?

Just for fun?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:31 PM
BANNED
holy hell no. I can't poop when I'm away from home, so I get backed up when I go away on vacation.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:14 PM
I've had them before both kids were born and before surgeries. I don't know what type of enemas you people are talking about with the comments here but the ones I've had were very small and not at all difficult to administer. Yes, after a few minutes you have to sit on the loo for about 10 minutes but it certainly wasn't an ordeal.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Sith Mod
I got constipated a couple times when I was a kid, and had to have an enema to clear out the works. The last time it happened (I must have been ten or so) I passed a stool the circumference of a softball. Compared to that, the enema was a walk in the park.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:11 PM
The only one I've had was before my son was born. Didn't get one before my daughter was born. Didn't know why I was getting it, except they said I had to. My water had broken, but labor hadn't started, so they gave me an enema and once the whoosh was over, labor started right up with a vengeance.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Lady friend and I gave one to each other just for the fun of it. Felt good. Good clean fun. No pain. The clean feeling lasted about two days.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Kittenblue, I had the same experience, in the same order as you (none with my daughter, but had one before my son)! (Sorry, thought that was cool.)

I have one in my linen closet that I bought in advance of my first anal sex experience, but it was not used or actually needed then. But just in case, I would not hesitate to use it. The smaller ones are quick and easily "applied" and "discarded."
Old 06-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Colonoscopy. Enough said.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:03 PM
When the doctor will let me, I always choose to clean myself out via several enemas instead of through the powerful laxatives before a colonoscopy (or similar procedure.)

If I'm relatively healthy, I don't find them uncomfortable at all. Maybe slight cramps, but nothing major.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I've had to give myself one and it was no big deal. The nozzle is smaller than a doctor's finger and the, um, release, is less traumatic than a dry, constipated movement.

My main concern was where the warnings said that if you give yourself an enema and don't have to poop, then you'd better get yourself to a hospital ASAP. Like I don't have enough to worry about when the doc is going to be reaching eleven feet up my ass the next day.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Charter Member
Why would anyone give themselves an enema when consuming a bag of diet candies with manitol and/or sorbitol gives the exact same effect? The warning label states "Over consumption may have a laxative effect." MAY have? Ex-Lax has nothing on those little demons (and they are a lot tastier).
Old 06-04-2004, 09:35 AM
BANNED
I agree with the Sorbitol thing. In fact, Starburst has a lot of sorbitol, eat enough of those and everything in your colon gets bulldozed out pretty quick!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas
Why would anyone give themselves an enema when consuming a bag of diet candies with manitol and/or sorbitol gives the exact same effect?
Because the doctor's orders didn't say to take laxatives, let alone candy.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 AM
BANNED
And some of us can eat all that and never even fart. Back in the day I could eat entire bags of Olestra potato chips and nary a rumble. I've been eating Atkins candy for a year and it hasn't affected me in the least.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by js_africanus

Like I don't have enough to worry about when the doc is going to be reaching eleven feet up my ass the next day.
Your doctor has eleven feet - and sticks them up your ass...!??

Old 06-04-2004, 10:32 AM
BANNED
Your doctor has eleven feet? How does he smell???

wait...I told the joke wrong
Old 06-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarbabyj
Your doctor has eleven feet? How does he smell???

wait...I told the joke wrong
No, no, no.

You mean, 'how do his feet smell?'

jka responds: 'what, after they've been up my ass?'

let's do it!

(hell, it's Friday and I'm going home early...)
Old 06-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiju
Your doctor has eleven feet - and sticks them up your ass...!??
No, he has thirteen feet, but he needed two to remain standing. And yes, up my ass. Lucky for you there are no photos.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:11 AM
>Have you ever had an Enema?

With friends like these?
Old 06-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
... Starburst has a lot of sorbitol, eat enough of those and everything in your colon gets bulldozed out pretty quick!
Starburst is a laxative?

Is that how it got it's name?
Old 06-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I was in the hospital for an unidentified stomach thing once and I had one. Well, two. Read on.

It was mild and I felt good afterwards (not good like the stomach thing went away, but good like I just took a huge crap). I was about 18.

Anyway -- here's the full story. So, I lie on my side (and "relax") and they get about a liter of warm liquid up there and say "hold it in for as long as you can then go on this toilet". they brought in one of those plastic ones -- they want to look at it, I guess.

So, I hold it in. This whole time I feel like I need to go REAL bad. Lots of pressure from the threshhold to the stomach. So I go, and it's about equivalent to like 10 shits. It's all gooped together though (not separate logs) and it smells different -- more like bile than poo.

THEN, I start to wipe. And I wipe, and wipe. I need to get the cheeks, the balls, everything, and I think I'm probably still dripping because it never stops. I also threw all the paper into that plastic toilet -- a mistake.

So, I get back in bed, signal the nurse and she wheels the toilet out of there.

She comes back in a few minutes later. And tells me they have to do another one and tells me, "this time don't throw the paper in the bucket." I take this to implicitly mean, "we need to look at your poo but we're not going to sort through 20 layers of used TP to do it."

So, same thing. The remarkable thing is that its like 10 shits all over again, only this time its got to be from WAY up there. It's completely unformed, smells way more like bile than poo and just keeps coming. I wonder how it all fit in me.

So, I finish then go wipe in the bathroom this time.

End of story.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Starburst is a laxative?

Hah! Genius! So glad I opened this thread.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Starburst is a laxative?

I will never eat a Chocolate Starburst....
Old 06-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenblue
The only one I've had was before my son was born. Didn't get one before my daughter was born. Didn't know why I was getting it, except they said I had to. My water had broken, but labor hadn't started, so they gave me an enema and once the whoosh was over, labor started right up with a vengeance.
This is because intestinal contractions can stimulate/cause uterine contractions at the end of pregnancy. But this will only work if your body was ready anyway.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:02 PM
TMI of course.

During my last pregnancy, I was on bedrest for nearly 3 months. Pregnancy itself can cause constipation, and lack of activity itself can cause it. Add to that the medication I was taking for nausea right up through week 34 (Zofran) which has constipation as a side effect, and I wound up using a (reusable rubber) enema as often as 3X/week (along with up to 400mg/day of those Ducoset gels) just so I wouldn't make my hemarrhoids worse, and so I wouldn't have to strain against an already-incompetent cervix.

I learned very very quickly not to use the saline disposable kind. I think it was the hemarrhoids, but the second time I used the saline it hurt so bad I broke out in a cold sweat and literally shook from the pain. Plain warm water didn't do that. I was very grateful to have the option (which my doctor even allowed, despite the risk of triggering uterine contractions, because the benefit to not being impacted was greater).

But I never found it sexual, or even pleasant except in the "Whew, relief" manner.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Has hernia surgery years ago. The nurse advised me of the need to do this, so I managed matters on my own, no need to invite a stranger to stuff things in my butthole.

Whilst feeling the commuter train of effluent flow from my bowels, I realized why that stainless steel grip bar is positioned adjacent to the toilet: it is your one and only means of reassurance that you will not inadvertently become shat inside out.

I swear that I saw ear wax and hair buds at the end of my offering.