Old 07-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Whatever became of Kabooms cereal?

Remember Kabooms? They were a Technicolor sugar-cereal that was common in my youth. After eating these little delicacies you could count on having oddly colored bowel movements for sometime thereafter.

I don't see Kabooms around anymore. Did they die? Can they die? What happened to them?
Old 07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Charter Member
I called my mom (she works for General Mills in the cereal advertising division) and said that they still do sell it but they're not advertising it. You can go here and find the nutritional information.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Charter Member
oops, a little more info for you... if you're really jonesin' for it, you can order a couple boxes here. She said the reason that they're still keeping it around is because it's on the WIC program and that's about it.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:52 PM
FWIW, there was a box of Kaboom in Kill Bill: Part One.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Charter Member
I wonder if those vitamin and mineral statistics on the box represent a backing off from the original '60s levels of fortification. I remember that stuff actually smelled like vitamin pills.

And it turned your milk psychedelic, too.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
I turn 40 next month and I still remember the admonitions from 2nd grade: "KABOOMS will give you green sh*ts!"

That crazy-ass clown on the front of the box was a bit spooky, too. We preferred Freakies, some variation of Captain Crunch, or the Quisp/Quake dynasty (including Quangaroos!).

YMMV.

PS: I can name all the Freakies off the top of my head. Can you?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpauler
She said the reason that they're still keeping it around is because it's on the WIC program and that's about it.
WIC? More like WMD if you ask me. Remember how they looked like a bowl full of severed heads?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Charter Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...826335398&rd=1

But hurry! It's going fast!