Old 07-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Do testes hang lower with age?

I was in the gym the other day and saw an older man going to the shower and noticed that his scrotum was hanging VERY low, maybe about 6-8" down. Grossed out, but wondering, I realized that I'd seen a couple of other older men like this, too.
Is this a normal factor of age? (something else for me to dread)
What causes it? Too many years of boxers? weightlifting? not getting enough action? muscle relaxants?
Can this be prevented, or are all guys destined to become baggy old men?

Pablito
Old 07-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Eight hours and no reply?!
Come on, someone's got to have the scoop on this phenomena!
Am I the only one who's noticed this?
Old 07-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Well, the only cite I have for such a thing is an episode of Nip/Tuck. An old fella goes in to the docs to have a scrotal lift. If it was on TV it must be true right ? My guess is that with age we lose skin elasticity and the scrotum is essentially skin so it droops.

After a little more googling I found a more appropriate cite.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:24 PM
I don't understand the "dread" associated with this. Many people consider "low-hangers" to be very hot.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Do your balls hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder
Like a Continental soldier?
Do your balls hang low?
Old 07-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45
I don't understand the "dread" associated with this. Many people consider "low-hangers" to be very hot.
I don't even want to know.

<shudder>
Old 07-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I wonder how much underwear choice contributes to the phenomena. It seems like tighty whiteys would lessen sagging (but decrease your chances to score with the ladies) just like jogging without a bra supposedly contributes to breast sag.

Hmmm, poking around the site Gut found, there's an before and after shot of a scrotum reduction. Interestingly enough, there's also a foreskin restoration immdiately followed by an adult circumcision. Fascinating...
Old 07-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Testes do not necessarily hang lower with age. Whether it's something you dread or not, it is not inevitable. I'm 66 and my testicles do not droop and hang the same as I've always remembered them hanging. I have noticed at the Wellness Center that they do droop in many older men, however.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:14 PM
I sure as hell hope they don't start hanging lower! I'm 35 and my knees are only so far up from the ground! I wish my 'member' had the elasticity of my scrotum, feverishly hot days are a serious bitch!
Old 07-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Reminds me of a funny line I once heard a comedian say:

"A bunch of old guys were standing in knee-deep water. Their balls were hanging so low, it was like they were making tea..."
Old 07-09-2004, 10:48 PM
now who exactly finds this hot...... ??? mine are definitely heading south, I've needed support my whole life so the underwear aspect is not a factor in my case.

Have not yet attracted groupies.... (gropies?)
Old 07-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito
I was in the gym the other day and saw an older man going to the shower and noticed that his scrotum was hanging VERY low, maybe about 6-8" down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbitu8
I have noticed at the Wellness Center that they do droop in many older men, however.
There is a wide variety of scrotum dimensions from man to man. The fact that you saw an old man with a long scrotum means nothing, because you don't know that it hasn't always been that way. You can't assume that it is the result of age.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself
The fact that you saw an old man with a long scrotum means nothing, because you don't know that it hasn't always been that way. You can't assume that it is the result of age.
The gym's a poor place to take measurements anyway, as hot exercise or hot showers will make them hang down more. They don't call summer "the season of the long balls" because the Yankees are on their way to another pennant.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbitu8
Testes do not necessarily hang lower with age. Whether it's something you dread or not, it is not inevitable. I'm 66 and my testicles do not droop and hang the same as I've always remembered them hanging. I have noticed at the Wellness Center that they do droop in many older men, however.
Well, I'm only 65 but I will concur with barbitu8 as to his personal experience. I will try and remember next year to let you know if that made a difference. As to his observations at the Wellness Center, I have no comment.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squink
The gym's a poor place to take measurements anyway, as hot exercise or hot showers will make them hang down more. They don't call summer "the season of the long balls" because the Yankees are on their way to another pennant.
That just made me laugh like a lunatic. Thanks, I needed that
Old 07-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Yes, of course they hang lower with age. Although this is only valid when you're like 11 or 12 and they drop. After that, I don't know. :P
Old 07-11-2004, 01:08 PM
The link provided by Gut was quite interesting, and included this gem:

Quote:
You are correct about the scrotum drooping with age (sorry, but how hilarious -- it already looks about 700 years old to begin with), so by the time you're 80, your balls will be serving as handsome little seat cushions
Now every time I look at a scrotum, a tiny voice in the back of my mind will scream "SEAT CUSHIONS!"
Old 06-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
I know it's a whole decade late but my husband and I just watched bad grandpa tonight and saw Spike's "old lady boobs" so I had to Google images of old lady chests (to see what we're in for in 40 years)... which (after seeing Johnny Knoxville's old man testicles) made my husband wonder if his balls will actually drop to his knees so I looked that up as well.. that's when I stumbled across this forum.. and panache's comment. I just thought I'd give a lady's view on it, he's right. I've seen ones that have like no "sag" and they're funny looking... I've actually said no to sex if a guy's stuff didn't have enough swing to them.. that sounds shallow but I figure guys are shallow when it comes to a woman's breasts or rump so why not ? Honestly, if a man pulled down his britches and had testies that hung 6" I'd be a little weirded out but there's nothing worse than trying to look at a man, sexually, who looked like he hadn't hit puberty/dropped yet... that's gross, I think we can trace sexual attractions back to our more primitive days and determining a mate based off of their build and what not. Anyway, I created an account on here just to say panache was/is right, lower hanging ones are sexy, now.... hopefully boobs don't sag cause I'm pretty sure it'll be a cold day in Hell before a man says THOSE are "hot" hahahaha ;-)
Old 06-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Charter Member
This thread's testes are hanging a bit lower, these days.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 AM
To me, the shocking thing isn't balls hanging low, it's guys scoping out other guys' scrotes.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching For Truth View Post
The link provided by Gut was quite interesting, and included this gem:

Now every time I look at a scrotum, a tiny voice in the back of my mind will scream "SEAT CUSHIONS!"
So 10 years later, hows that working for you?
Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniz View Post
Well, I'm only 65 but I will concur with barbitu8 as to his personal experience. I will try and remember next year to let you know if that made a difference. As to his observations at the Wellness Center, I have no comment.
So where are you Kniz? It's been ten long years...
Old 06-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Too bad there were no measurements in the thread from ten years ago, this could have been pretty conclusively answered.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Charter Jays Fan
I'm 42. If mine get any longer, I'm going to have to buy them their own shoes.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Charter Member
So Dude. How's it hangin' ...
Old 06-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Horrified Onlooker
Thank god! I'm 63 and thought it was my schlong getting shorter.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
I remember having a set of Clackers when I was a kid. I wonder now if they weren't given to me so much as a toy but as a way to prep myself for old age.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:19 PM
From Bowser & Blue's Old Love Is The Best Love:
Quote:
But it's true, I've lost the battle too, the one with gravity
When I'm sitting on the loo
It looks like I'm making a pot of tea

Old love is the best love, stay in love with me
My love for you comes with a lifetime guarantee
Old 06-20-2014, 05:25 PM
All I know is that one of the worst effects of middle age for me has been the tendency to sit down on stuff that's not meant to be sat down on.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm 52 and don't notice a difference.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:41 PM
I've got stories....Some work related some not so much.
For every Man stories, I have two of women aging ungracefully. I can say that, because the other day, we hit a series of speed-bumps in our F-150, and I was deaf for a moment every three seconds.

It's the same reason as when someone loses a lot of weight and their faces don't get thinner, they just get longer.

Man parts are one thing; they're supposed to be covered up, but 50 year old tattoos are right out there, on purpose. Roses turn into giant, stylilized lillies. Yosemite Sam becomes Conon O'Brian.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picunurse View Post
Man parts are one thing; they're supposed to be covered up, but 50 year old tattoos are right out there, on purpose. Roses turn into giant, stylilized lillies. Yosemite Sam becomes Conon O'Brian.
That butterfly on the boob becomes Mothra.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:02 PM
BANNED
Shod With Iron by Buck Newsome

One of Buck's tales, many of them told over coffee at the Thunderbird in Marfa, from his book about the old Border Patrol:
When we drove up on the levee, we had noticed a mare and colt out in the cotton field. They were dripping wet and we knew that they were Mexican horses and had just swum the Rio Grande. When we turned the corner toward the river, there in the road was an old handle-bar mustached Mexican and a young boy, both buck naked and had swum the river looking for the mare and colt. When they saw us they turned around and began to run for the river. The old man was as thin as a "poor Will" and reminded me of an old poor billygoat. His balls hung down like two onions in a Javalina hide bag. They whipped him in the flanks for a while, and then behind, and his handlebar mustache was laying back under his ears, but he was going to the river. John got tickled and damn near run the jeep off the levee. The old man stumbled but recovered and dived off the bank about six feet down to the water. His legs were spread apart like a boot jack and his rear end looked like the pendulum on a grandfather's clock with the keyhole in the middle. He hit the water with a great splash and swam to the Mexican side. We went and caught his mare and told him to come and get her. He said, "No Senor! No puedo ahorita. Mis huevos me duelen mucho."
Old 06-20-2014, 08:26 PM
I like it when they slap my butt.

I may be blushing here.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:24 PM
I've heard this can happen.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Elephant Whisperer
So you were inspecting the old fella's old fella?
Old 06-20-2014, 11:23 PM
zombie or no

could be thigh shrinkage.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:47 AM
I am 62 and mine have definitely been hanging way lower for the last few years.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:51 AM
I haven't measured, but what I have noticed is the amount of weird hairs that sprout in weird places and grow to weird lengths before I notice them. Growing older sucks.

Found four inch hairs on my face (side thereof) at work. Played and fretted over them all day...now removed...and currently on hair patrol.

Hey, that is quite the new reality show...HAIR PATROL. Hmmmmm, he says distractedly.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Charter Member
Am I the only one who has seen Bad Grandpa with Johnny Knoxville?

First thing I thought of was him a that strip club dancing....and hanging low.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njtt View Post
I am 62 and mine have definitely been hanging way lower for the last few years.
Cite?
Old 06-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Charter Jays Fan
Mine look like two pool balls in a plastic grocery bag.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:07 AM
There was a comedian (Daniel Tosh I think) that said he was going to get a tattoo of a line every year, marking the inevitable descent.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorviolet View Post
Interestingly enough, there's also a foreskin restoration immdiately followed by an adult circumcision.
Buyer's remorse?
Old 10-01-2016, 01:14 AM
teabags

For some, sure, age may be a factor. I'm nearly 50 and have a friend in his early 60's and there isn't any low balling for either of us. Also,,, I have worn similar to speedo style gotchies most of my life,,,(rarely boxers), which keep the boys pretty close to home but, I have doubt that has anything to do with it either. I believe it's simply genetic that gives some of you the pair of cueballs in a tubesock look.
Ouch!
Old 10-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherCadfael View Post
Do your balls hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder
Like a Continental soldier?
Do your balls hang low?
You know we need a like button here.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:01 AM
Knock knock

Personally I think it's in the genes. Maybe the sagging ball sack is due to health as well as having larger sacks when young. Or, it could be due the guys being totally at ease therefore the ball sack will relax as well, allowing the knockers to sway.

The thing that we guys need to realize is that when in the relaxed state, the sack will let loose, just as some women's labias do. Maybe it's the same with how some breasts sag with some women as they age due to little or no exercise in order to stay firm. Don't know if that is a vital element to the equation or not. We are all different, but yet... the same. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after, so if a woman likes that and gets turned on by it, she'll know that it won't be a problem during sex.

My father, up to his death, had a large ball sack and schlong, however... it's been said that as we guys approach our more advanced age, we tend to shrink in size, but it's all relative really. �� As long as we can get it up to take the plunge and satisfy our woman, that's what's truly important.

I'm 54 and don't have a problem with sagging knockers and am not worried in the least. What's important is the fact that during sex, the sack will constrict to prevent damage to the balls as we plow the furrow.

Either way... swaying can be fun.

Last edited by Pantherman; 11-10-2017 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Misspelled word.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Well there ya go.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:42 AM
With apologies to the late Tom Petty.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Mine sure do, especially after a long hot bath, one more pronouncedly than the other.