Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Super cute girl in the new Tic-Tacs commercial, who is she?

Sorry no link yet, hoping some doper here will know who I'm talking about and supply the link.
In the commercial she's dressed in all white, with a white backdrop and sort laying on a white chair and she puts a white Tic-Tac into her mouth.
She's blue eyed and blond, sort of looks like Meg Ryan at the beginning of the commercial before they zoom in.
Anyone seen her or know who she is? She has a real presence to her and I can't place her but she'll probably be working in HW soon if she isn't alrady.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:04 AM
There's a link to the commercial on this page.

But I don't know who she is.

She is cute though.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Duh, try TicTac.com idiot!!

There she is...anyone know WHO she is?

OOPS Looks like wiggum beat me to it.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
I've wondered the same thing. I remember her playing a schoolteacher in a diamonds commercial.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I remember her from a Nissan commercial that she was acting all cute and sexy in. Maybe if this was moved to Cafe Society it would get more answers.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:40 PM
She scares me, because the reminds me too much of the model in the "spread out your lashes" mascara commercial whom I find totally creepy.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Hello, Everyone:

Her name is Kelly Harmon, daughter of Elyse Knox and Tom Harmon, sister to Mark Harmon and Kristin Harmon, aunt to Matthew and Gunnar Nelson. She was briefly married to John DeLorean, before he put his name on a car. As an actress, she's had roles in movies and television shows, but she seems best-known as the "TicTac Girl."

Interesting bloodlines, interesting family, interesting life. Few pictures, however, seem to have reached the Net, and those that have are grainy, low-res shots so indistinct you might mistake Ms. Harmon for any other blond starlet like, say, Linda Evans. Maybe your search will be more productive.

If you've read closely, you may wonder about her age. One report says she 20 years old when she married Mr. DeLorean in 1970; another claims she was born in 1947. Her bloodlines are more than interesting: more like the headwaters of the Fountain of Youth.

And maybe it's time to call her the "TicTac Woman?"

Peace and Joy.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Remarkably well-preserved for 56 years of age... maybe there's something to Tic-Tacs that they're not telling us...
Old 09-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Charter Member
That is definitely not Kelly Harmon. She was the original Tic Tac girl for several years. The girl in this new commercial is far too young, and there is no real resemblance anyway.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:38 PM
OK, Now it's game on after that false cliam by Spiriting Lightly.

I just spent the better part of an hour on the internet trying to find out who she is and the only thing I found are tons of other people asking the same question.

Mods, please move this to Cafe Society if you feel it will get the job done.

I think we need to determine who she is to be the first on the block with the info, you know, just to show everyone else up.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Charter Member
Advertising Age says Tic Tac's new spokeswoman is Kimberley Quinn.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Charter Member
Never mind -- that was their 2000 campaign. Dammit.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Nickname "Quinny" ?
Old 09-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nametag
Never mind -- that was their 2000 campaign. Dammit.

I think you're right, that's not her.

Still looking......
Old 09-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I haven't seen the commercial, but I did check the still photo on their web site to see what all the fuss was about.

IMO she's cute, but really not all that much to get excited over.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:01 PM
She looks way better on the TV commercial BTW.

This guy thinks her name is Crystal.

I'll try to find out if she can be linked to the Sopranos.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Charter Member
On the off chance that they may be helpful, I've emailed some folks at Tic Tac's parent company, Fererro USA, Inc. I'll report back if I hear anything back.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:16 PM
The only "Crystal" in the guest list for the Sopranos was Crystal Fox, who would seem to be very not blond...
Old 09-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist
...who would seem to be very not blond...
They have this neat stuff now, called "hair coloring". Perhaps you've heard of it? Not that anyone on TV has ever used it, of course.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
I won't run DirectX on this computer (one of many weird rules I follow because of confidential info that is sometimes used on it), so I can't watch the commercial in the provided link and confirm that we're talking about the same commercial, but...

Emily Procter (who recently played the recurring associate White House counsel Ainsley Hayes on the West Wing and Calleigh Duquesne on CSI Miami) has been on the air with a Tic-Tac type commercial recently -- does her dog's nose frost over when she breathes on it at the end of the commercial? Then it's Emily.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.D.
They have this neat stuff now, called "hair coloring". Perhaps you've heard of it? Not that anyone on TV has ever used it, of course.
... she also seems to be very not white...
Old 09-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist
... she also seems to be very not white...
Ah. That's a horse of a different color.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP
Emily Procter (who recently played the recurring associate White House counsel Ainsley Hayes on the West Wing and Calleigh Duquesne on CSI Miami) has been on the air with a Tic-Tac type commercial recently -- does her dog's nose frost over when she breathes on it at the end of the commercial? Then it's Emily.
Nope, not Emily Proctor.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself
Nope, not Emily Proctor.
Correct, it's not her either.
Not Crystal R Fox, or Crystal Fox.

Thanks QED for firing off the e-mail. I went to the parent home site of Ferrero and only got the snail mail address.

Also scrubbed the Sopranos cast list and didn't find the 'right' Crystal, so I'm assuming that guy was wrong about her first name. Sheesh, you'd think a national commercial would have the credits online somewhere but I couldn't find them anywhere.

I think QED's e-mail will be the only way to find out who she is, if they even know.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Charter Member
There also appears to be a Crystal Allen who appeared on the Sopranos. Dunno about her hair color, though. Of course, even if this woman's name is really "Crystal," she could be using a stage name.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP

That's a toothpaste commercial.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
You aren't the same guy that fell in love with the Hefty Garbage bag girl, are you?

This is their ad agency. Call, ask to speak to the person who handles talent, and tell the talent coordinator you've got a bet with your college roommate that she isn't Britney Spear sister.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Charter Member
I've thought all along that she might be the daughter of the original Tic Tac girl. She looks just like her. I thought that's why she got the job. Some folks like to hire the same look over and over. Does the original girl have a family. The age would be right.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
She looks a lot like the blonde in the Old Navy commercials to me. Anyone know if it's the same girl?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist
She looks a lot like the blonde in the Old Navy commercials to me. Anyone know if it's the same girl?
Definitely not. See this thread for more.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Will do, Jpeg Jones. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Hi, All:

A couple of you got close, and zut named her: she is Crystal Allen. Her identity was confirmed by Ferrero's Consumer Relations department. If you want confirmation, just send snail mail to the address mentioned upthread. They take a while to reply -- nearly ten months in this case! -- but they send a nicely polite and humorous response, a couple of photographs of Ms. Allen, and a few coupons.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any on-line photos to buttress this assertion. Even if you resourceful Dopers can't find immediate proof, please remember that confirmation is just thirty-seven cents and some months away.

Oh, and may I take the time to mention that Crystal Allen is not Kelly Harmon? Thank you.

Peace.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiriting Lightly
Unfortunately, I haven't found any on-line photos to buttress this assertion.
Is this the same Crystal Allen?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:18 AM
She is cute, and has a certain presence.

'Tic-Tacs' are now 30% bigger. hmmm. So, fewer fit in a package, or container. More air space. Less product.