Old 11-05-2004, 03:25 PM
The original Chilly Willy song ... where can I hear it?

Note, I am looking for the ORIGINAL song. It goes something like:

Quote:
I'm Chilly
Willy
the Penguin
Oh gee oh gosh I'm chilly all the time

Poor me
I shiver and I shake
Poor me
Oh me oh my for goodness' sake

I'm Chilly
Willy
the Penguin
Oh gee oh gosh I'm chilly all the time
At least, that's how I remember it from my childhood.

I am NOT looking for the other version, which includes the line "What about the crocodiles along the river nile/I bet they're all as warm as toast/they always seem to smile"

Anyone have a bead on this? I found a site a year or so ago that had a lot of the episodes digitized, but he didn't have this song, and later shut down (for cost reasons, not piracy reasons, I believe).
Old 11-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Chilly Willy Fan.com has a page called "Chilly's Audio Cave. It has the "original 1950's Theme Song" transcribed thusly(and available for download as both mp3 and .wav)
Quote:
I'm so very unhappy. I don't know what to do.
My head is hot, my feet are cold...Hachoo!
I'm so very unhappy. There's only greens in view.
I'm frozen stiff as a piece of ice...Hachoo!
I'd like to be a camel...and feel the desert breezes.
I know I'd never have a cold...a camel never sneezes.
Oh this is not the life for me; I shake until I'm blue.
My nose is red and my tale is told...Hachoo!
Pretty different from your memory, but it also has "Chilly Willy Polka"(very bottom of the page) which seems to resemble your transcript(also available as mp3 and wav).

Enjoy,
Steven
Old 11-06-2004, 10:46 AM
It's definitely a variation on the polka ... but I could swear I remember an episode where Chilly Willy himself sang it during the opening credits. Stupid memory.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadspittle View Post
It's definitely a variation on the polka ... but I could swear I remember an episode where Chilly Willy himself sang it during the opening credits. Stupid memory.
Nope, I agree, your rendition is how the song went. I've never even hard this other one that all the other sites are saying is the original theme song.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
the original song you are looking for

MY little boy has recently become a huge chilly willy fan and we heard the original song at the end of this episode on youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MBGQo_OQYSo
I know you posted this a long time ago, but thought you might appreciate this anyway.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:41 AM
From my late mother's teenage scrapbook (circa1928):

"Little Willie in bows and sashes
fell into a can of ashes.
Now the room is getting chilly,
But no one wants to stir up Willie."
Old 03-09-2013, 02:10 AM
That's originally one of Harry Graham's "Ruthless Rhymes".
Quote:
Billy, in one of his nice new sashes,
Fell in the fire and was burnt to ashes;
Now, although the room grows chilly,
I haven't the heart to poke poor Billy.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly mom View Post
MY little boy has recently become a huge chilly willy fan and we heard the original song at the end of this episode on youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MBGQo_OQYSo
I know you posted this a long time ago, but thought you might appreciate this anyway.
Word!! Thank you, zombie thread!

Awesome score, chilly mom. Looks like that video has the opening of another CW cartoon, "St. Moritz Blitz," which includes the song I remember. I'll have to look for the full "St. Moritz Blitz" now...

Ignorance fought, 8 1/2 years later.

Last edited by toadspittle; 03-10-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot the "St."